• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 124
Posts: 124   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16381 times and has 123 replies Next Thread
Apollo
OceanMaster

Re: December Not-Daily Doodles 2012! Reply to this Post

Hrm, excellent question.
Given that I quite like the idea that you could actually use the resulting calendar, feel free to reflect your own seasons, but perhaps make a note in your entry post that it's e.g. a southern hemisphere version!
[Dec 28, 2012 7:03:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

For the calendar:

On the image with all the months, can we put the days/weeks ect, but on the larger images only have the image itself?

I'm thinking of the file size limit on Photobucket and not having that space with all the days on it would allow the illustration to be larger.

Edit: I'm probably going to regret giving myself this big of a project , haha.
----------------------------------------
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Dec 28, 2012 8:34:18 PM]
[Dec 28, 2012 7:29:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

I have a question regarding the calender, are we allowed to use art that we created, from the past?
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Dec 28, 2012 7:33:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

I think you can use old stuff as long as its yours and not someone else's work .-. (wait, that sounds like the portrait thingy .-.)
if im wrong XD sorry
Yumisa World Wide ;)
Your Favourite Cookie Monster <3op
Can't find me? Im on Deviant Art!
[Dec 28, 2012 8:51:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

My 2-D paper Roranicus Pondicus on a 3-D paper Pandorica is not going to exist after all. D:

/e blames shoveling-induced exhaustion and sends all further snow to Imp's house

/e mopes
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Dec 28, 2012 11:01:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

My 2-D paper Roranicus Pondicus on a 3-D paper Pandorica is not going to exist after all. D:

/e blames shoveling-induced exhaustion and sends all further snow to Imp's house

/e mopes

I'll have both. Thanks ;D
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Dec 29, 2012 1:14:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Further questions:

I have a question regarding the calender, are we allowed to use art that we created, from the past?
The work for the doodle should be original, not something you've posted previously. If it's art you've drawn previously but never shown publically, I wouldn't honestly be able to know!

On the image with all the months, can we put the days/weeks ect, but on the larger images only have the image itself?
If the part with the days/months contains nothing else but those, then yes, you can skip them in the detailed images, as long as we can see them in the composite image!
[Dec 29, 2012 2:34:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Question from the entry thread:

Do you want a single image showing all 12 months joined together making each page no larger than 200*150 (given that the max size overall is 600*600. If so it would be difficult to see each image.
Can we make the entry image like the cover page on a calendar showing one of the images overlayed with a title.

To your first question, basically "yes". The image in the thread is mainly for reference / navigation - the detail will be seen in the larger linked images. To your second question, if I understand correctly, then "no", because I need to see all the images in that composite picture, and to see that you've included the months/days/dates as well as just a picture for each month.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Dec 29, 2012 4:26:35 AM]
[Dec 29, 2012 4:25:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Superlamb

Would a gif composite be allowed to show off the final product? Where it basically flips through the months in one image?
Theflu of Malachite SO of Heaven and Earth

I collect trinkets! Currently working on Handkerchiefs: 79 unique color combinations.
[Dec 29, 2012 2:52:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

I couldn't resist claiming the 100th post in this thread.

Also.

A wrapping-paper Rory would have been too awesome to contain, Bud, so I think you did me a favor by not finishing it.
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist
[Dec 29, 2012 6:09:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Another stupid question regarding the doodles...can we make some of the *seasonal* themes reflect actual seasons in our own lives? (etc. birthdays and such?) Or travelling to other places (possibly changing the weather season mid year?) Or would we be penalized for this?
[Dec 29, 2012 7:54:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

Wow it's taken nearly an hour and I haven't finished with January.
Maybe I should change my game plan xP
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist
[Dec 30, 2012 12:29:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Would a gif composite be allowed to show off the final product? Where it basically flips through the months in one image?
I'd really prefer to have everything in one stable image - the entry post image is just a reference for me, and to check everything's there.

Another stupid question regarding the doodles...can we make some of the *seasonal* themes reflect actual seasons in our own lives? (etc. birthdays and such?) Or travelling to other places (possibly changing the weather season mid year?) Or would we be penalized for this?
I think it's reasonable to reflect summer holidays somewhere over the summer season (as we do with the summer seasonal trinkets), but I think it could get quite confusing if the apparent season suddenly changes. I don't have a problem with you marking your birthday with a birthday cake or something, to personalise it for yourself. But don't let it interfere with the generic movement of theme during the year!
[Dec 30, 2012 1:16:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Oh my, Apollo has been a busy little judging bee! Thank ye, thank ye!
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Dec 31, 2012 12:04:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Yay thanks! :D
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Dec 31, 2012 12:39:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Happy New years everyone!
After driving for 16 hours today I finally got Started on my first page for the new doodle, and since I'll be spending the rest of the week with limited resources and computer access \I thought I'd at least post it for you to enjoy since it's related the the new year! (will see if i get a chance to finish any of it at all :( which is sad since i feel so super inspired for the first time in a while...) Anyways Happy new years all!

~Pixelpixie~

[Dec 31, 2012 9:30:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jippeh14

Thanks Apollo! Happy new year doodlers :)
Jippy of Meridian
[Jan 2, 2013 3:34:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Okay, I'm just a little bit bouncy. This is slightly relevent, in that it's related to the area my calender is set in. Which I love with a passion, so I'm sharing.

This video was put together by our occasional neighbour this week, and he's used some of our photos to illustrate his song. The more stunning professional ones were taken by my brother.

The snowboarder is my firstspawn. =D
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Jan 3, 2013 5:18:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

Wee! Three months to go. <3
Anyone in particular want to be Ms/Mr October or November?
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Jan 4, 2013 11:58:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Wee! Three months to go. <3
Anyone in particular want to be Ms/Mr October or November?

Yay!
<- volunteers

I still have to finish shading for 8 months (4 pages) >.< Taking over 6 hours per page thus far is making me worried i may not finish in time >.< And then the intermittent unreliability of the forums not working >.< At least I have the basic pictures all drawn up...Guess i better stop procrastinating and get back to shading ... Great entries so far btw ^_^
[Jan 4, 2013 12:19:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

I'd prefer September, national classical music month, but as I'm late to the party I'd love to be November!
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Jan 4, 2013 12:59:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

I can do a little bit of quick rearranging. :)

Edit: Also, October is still free. :) One of you was already in there.
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tilinka at Jan 4, 2013 1:06:53 PM]
[Jan 4, 2013 1:04:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

As a girl with pretty moderate scoliosis, sitting for long periods is painful.

As a girl who tends to have a lot of AP homework, free time tends to be minimal.

As a girl who had two afternoons to do her calendar, I can deal with that!

I'm going to go die now.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Jan 4, 2013 5:38:00 PM]
[Jan 4, 2013 1:37:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

Done !
Some of the anatomy is a bit... more off than usual. I blame drawing most of those in 20 minutes or less. :)

If yer in my calendar and would like to crop an avatar out of yer picture, feel free. (You can also shoot me a PM and I'll do it for you when I have a chance.)
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Jan 4, 2013 7:18:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
Bunnylaroo

Calendars are looking absolutely amazing!

Actually, Dex, I was thinking about this, but it seems like it's basically the same story as Grease 2, but with less singing and more beheading.

And is it wrong that now I'm just a tiny bit in love with the cardboard cut-out of Faeree's brother? Yes, yes it is.
Bunnylaroo of Sage Emerald

[Jan 4, 2013 7:27:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

As a girl with pretty moderate scoliosis, sitting for long periods is painful.

As a girl who tends to have a lot of AP homework, free time tends to be minimal.

As a girl who had two afternoons to do her calendar, I can deal with that!

I'm going to go die now.

Aww :( I feel your pain :(
No dying we need your portrait backgrounds in game still!
After spending almost 7+ hours per page on mine I think I should consider a full time job as a doodler...at least that way I'll make some real money for my time ^^
[Jan 4, 2013 8:13:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Done !
Some of the anatomy is a bit... more off than usual. I blame drawing most of those in 20 minutes or less. :)
If yer in my calendar and would like to crop an avatar out of yer picture, feel free. (You can also shoot me a PM and I'll do it for you when I have a chance.)

Aww thats so awesome Tilinka ^^ I absolutely love the bright colors! (So missing my compy for this competition) Which font did you use for your text? I love it! Or is that your awesome writing by hand?
[Jan 4, 2013 8:18:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

That's my handwriting. :)
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Jan 4, 2013 10:20:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
Vellanora

Kaay my July/August link is out-of-order so i'm just going to slip that in here,
aaand use this post to also say I was so impressed by this doodle and wish I could have several of those calendars. >.<

Apollo edit: I'll edit that in to your entry post, for my own sanity.
Velternal, Meridian.
I draw Avatars!.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Jan 5, 2013 5:41:38 AM]
[Jan 5, 2013 2:59:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

Nobody mentioned May 18th- Adrielle Day :/

and @ Tilinka- a music note tattoo?!?

edit: AND ye moved me to september <3!

I'm muchly loving the musical rig pieces as well
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jongy5 at Jan 5, 2013 7:03:47 AM]
[Jan 5, 2013 7:01:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 124   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates