• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1386
Posts: 1386   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 278015 times and has 1385 replies Next Thread
SeaDogPete

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

Monthly Seals..

This may have been suggested or mentioned before, but couldn't find it. Monthly seals have proved quite popular over time, and a lot of pirates have the entire set (I had a long hiatus from the game so I don't) making sure they get them asap as each new one comes out.

Last month it was HS graveyards - suddenly more pirates were logging onto my usually sleepy Cerulean ocean and people were actually.. shock, horror.. going out on ships to get the seal. Sadly after about the first week this slowed down quite quickly as more and more people got their seal and then seemingly didn't want to go on HS anymore.

This month it's complete 2 foraging sessions.. come on GH thats a bit uninspired, took all of 2 minutes to get the seal, and then done.

My suggestion is to have levels of monthly seal - same seal icons but with a bronze, silver or gold (and platinum if ye want) frame around it to show just how much work was put in to get it. Pirates still can get the seal with minimum effort - or they can keep going to get it "upgraded". For example with the HS graveyards it can be 3, 10, 25 for bronze, silver and gold. That way the interest goes on for longer - more pirates logging on, and on Cerulean we sure need that!

Apologies if this has been suggested before!
----------------------------------------
~ Seadogpete ~

Captain of Red Alert
King of Kismet

On several oceans..but mainly Cerulean
[Nov 16, 2017 6:37:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

SeaDogPete wrote: 
Monthly Seals..

This may have been suggested or mentioned before, but couldn't find it. Monthly seals have proved quite popular over time, and a lot of pirates have the entire set (I had a long hiatus from the game so I don't) making sure they get them asap as each new one comes out.

Last month it was HS graveyards - suddenly more pirates were logging onto my usually sleepy Cerulean ocean and people were actually.. shock, horror.. going out on ships to get the seal. Sadly after about the first week this slowed down quite quickly as more and more people got their seal and then seemingly didn't want to go on HS anymore.

This month it's complete 2 foraging sessions.. come on GH thats a bit uninspired, took all of 2 minutes to get the seal, and then done.

My suggestion is to have levels of monthly seal - same seal icons but with a bronze, silver or gold (and platinum if ye want) frame around it to show just how much work was put in to get it. Pirates still can get the seal with minimum effort - or they can keep going to get it "upgraded". For example with the HS graveyards it can be 3, 10, 25 for bronze, silver and gold. That way the interest goes on for longer - more pirates logging on, and on Cerulean we sure need that!

"I heartily endorse this product and/or service."
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Nov 17, 2017 7:52:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Monthly Seals..

Brilliant. Any sort of "levels" in the game drive people to play more, and this is an easy way to keep people coming back regularly each month.
-Porglit on Emerald
[Nov 18, 2017 9:40:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Another trophy idea:

Ones for having puzzle experience for every puzzle in a category. There are many different trophies for experience in one particular puzzle (expert, sublime, etc.), but there's nothing showing that you are a pirate with experience over many different puzzles, like broad on every pirating puzzle, or broad on every crafting puzzle. I think that would be a cool addition, and could spur people to diversify what they do a little more.
-Porglit on Emerald
[Nov 20, 2017 9:15:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Prammy16 wrote: 
Another trophy idea:

Ones for having puzzle experience for every puzzle in a category. There are many different trophies for experience in one particular puzzle (expert, sublime, etc.), but there's nothing showing that you are a pirate with experience over many different puzzles, like broad on every pirating puzzle, or broad on every crafting puzzle. I think that would be a cool addition, and could spur people to diversify what they do a little more.

Broad of Broads? Sounds a little insulting to some, no? Lol. Anyway, I think this has been suggested before.
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Nov 20, 2017 9:26:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Anyway, I think this has been suggested before.

Oh well. I wasn't about to read the 136 pages already posted... =P
-Porglit on Emerald
[Nov 20, 2017 11:16:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1386   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates