• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1386
Posts: 1386   Pages: 47   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 278544 times and has 1385 replies Next Thread
metalnicka

Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

I think this could be interesting in thinking up weird and wonderful ways to award our weird and wonderful efforts.

My first suggestions:

Captain of Imperial crew
Captain of #1 crew

There is now an index for this thread. - Faulkston
----------------------------------------
Panteraa is drinking and might be too busy to respond.
Formerly of Sage Ocean/Free Harmonica Lessons/Tea and Strumpets.
Lovely avatar courtesy of the lovely Tilinka.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Jan 8, 2007 8:09:55 PM]
[Sep 21, 2006 1:08:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

I think there should be a Beat Beat Trophy for poker.

/e runs and hides.
Mat on the Meridian Ocean

Thank you to everyone who loves Blacksmithing!
[Sep 21, 2006 1:10:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
damagon

Trophy for beating the 10th teacher at swords, rumble and drinking???
Damagon
[Sep 21, 2006 1:12:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

Trophies in portraits?

[Sep 21, 2006 1:28:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

There should be trophies fer:
Puzzles
Building a vegas or perhaps just a sea donkey in bilge
Getting however many the maximum masterpiece is in carpentry
Triple vegas in sails
Triple vegas in swords
4 guns in under 30 seconds
CC12 in distilling
Cauldron Bubble in alchemistry - was gonna say the other one above that, but I've ne'er seen it meself, and I think that might be TOO rare to warrant a trophy. Although I dont know how many others have got it so... *shrugs*
Gettin' a Master in shipwrightery
15 (mebbe higher) step combo in rumble
Reachin' 9 stars in nav

I've tried to keep these goals high, wi'out bein' excessive to the point of no one ever achievin' them. Couldn't think up anythin' fer drinkin' or TD apart from big point differences, but those'd come down to how hapless yer opponent was.

Other things
Earning o'er a million pieces o' eight.
Sinkin' an enemy vessel in war.
Sinkin' 10 enemy vessels.
Bein' a member of a blockade winnin' flag.
10 consecutive pillage wins.
100 consecutive pillage wins.
Reachin' admiral in the navy (although it'll say admiral right next to it in yer stats, so mebbe not)

As fer

Captain of Imperial crew
that might be too easy wi' people just passin' the hat around once they reach it - I'd still much rather like see a separate league table o' crews
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Sep 21, 2006 1:30:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fabled240

There should be trophies fer:
Puzzles
Building a vegas or perhaps just a sea donkey in bilge
Getting however many the maximum masterpiece is in carpentry
Triple vegas in sails
Triple vegas in swords
4 guns in under 30 seconds
CC12 in distilling
Cauldron Bubble in alchemistry - was gonna say the other one above that, but I've ne'er seen it meself, and I think that might be TOO rare to warrant a trophy. Although I dont know how many others have got it so... *shrugs*
Gettin' a Master in shipwrightery
15 (mebbe higher) step combo in rumble
Reachin' 9 stars in nav

I've tried to keep these goals high, wi'out bein' excessive to the point of no one ever achievin' them. Couldn't think up anythin' fer drinkin' or TD apart from big point differences, but those'd come down to how hapless yer opponent was.

Other things
Earning o'er a million pieces o' eight.
Sinkin' an enemy vessel in war.
Sinkin' 10 enemy vessels.
Bein' a member of a blockade winnin' flag.
10 consecutive pillage wins.
100 consecutive pillage wins.
Reachin' admiral in the navy (although it'll say admiral right next to it in yer stats, so mebbe not)

As fer

Captain of Imperial crew
that might be too easy wi' people just passin' the hat around once they reach it - I'd still much rather like see a separate league table o' crews

Would we be able to claim such (Bolded) trophies if we have already done them? I do I need to achieve them again? Although, some are really easy.
King of VVV on the Hunter Ocean.
Hypnos tells you, "It's Hunter of Hunter! Yay! :D"
Lotsofgoats wrote: 
YOUR FACE IS A BUTT

Lotsofgoats tells you, "I don't really think your face is a butt <3"
[Sep 21, 2006 1:36:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

Would we be able to claim such (Bolded) trophies if we have already done them? I do I need to achieve them again? Although, some are really easy.

Aye, again, goin' on how the incredible trophies work on ice at the moment.
I'm not really a fan o' gettin' things retroactively.
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Sep 21, 2006 1:38:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

None of the trophies are going to be given out retroactively. At least, that's the plan right now.

[Sep 21, 2006 1:39:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Shore Leave version!
Anyway...

I have made Cauldron Bubble before. I haven't managed Wicked, yet.

If you want an achievable but still reasoably difficult Alch goal, first Voodoo would work. You start getting Quicksilver around the master-renowned levels, and it's something that even non-ults can do. I've never heard of someone who had never been on the ult list doing more Toil and Trouble.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Sep 21, 2006 1:41:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

I've never heard of someone who had never been on the ult list doing more Toil and Trouble.

I've never been on the Ult list, but I make Fire Burn all the time.

Then again, I've just recently gotten into Alchemistry and figure I'll reach Ultimate eventually since I almost always do Incredible.

[Sep 21, 2006 1:46:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

There should be trophies for reaching the #1 position in each puzzle ranking.

There should certainly be a trophy for alchemy's Transmutation, even if there are also ones for lower achievements.

Perhaps there should be a shipwrighting trophy for some reasonably difficult vegas multiple. Vegas-6 maybe. Shipwrighting doesn't have levels that are as clear as the other crafting puzzles.

There should be trophies for things other than just doing well in puzzles.

A trophy for winning your first OM sponsored tourney (One trophy regardless of puzzle I would think, for this achievement... you get other prizes with each tourney, no need to clutter with tons of tourney trophies.)

A trophy for your first time defeating a brigand king.

A trophy for being on the winning side in a blockade... (Even as a jobber; that would give some incentive to counter the wanna sink and get an injury urge to booch puzzles on purpose. There should never be a trophy for yourself sinking! Maybe a trophy for being part of the crew that sinks another.)

Should there be a good citizenship type of trophy that Greeters can award to other pirates when they see someone doing something particularly kind in an above-and-beyond-the-call of duty kind o' way?
(Anonymously of course, and maybe 'nominate' rather than award. But this is not automated and adds a 'burden' to greeters and OMs, though I doubt that giving out commendations is a bit of work anyone would mind much...)
Something like that anyway.
~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
[Sep 21, 2006 3:13:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jdnx429

I posted this on Shore Leave, because I thought that was the real thread, silly me. Anyways, here are my suggestions:

Well, how about some shop related trophies? Like "Most profitable Apothecary!" or other trophies based on the amount of POE spent on completed orders? "Million Poe Distillery!".

One problem with this might be that people could 'buy' their trophies
Josephdaniel on Midnight.
[Sep 21, 2006 3:31:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

>Building a vegas or perhaps just a sea donkey in bilge
Sea donkey isn't that hard to run into by accident. It's trivial on beginner bilge. On normal bilge, if you bilge long enough, you'll probably get one by accident by the time you're solid.

>4 guns in under 30 seconds
Problem: Initial board condition.

Is that with all 4 guns dirty? All 4 guns clear? All 4 guns with powder and wad when you start your game?

Problem: When?
If you're navy gunning, you always start with no pieces and 4 clear guns.
But if you're in battle, you can have pieces running around, all 4 guns waiting, and then "poof"! 4 dirties with your pieces already running around.

>15 (mebbe higher) step combo in rumble
Did we ever determine if that was possible?

Other things
>Earning o'er a million pieces o' eight.
How do you define earning? If a flag has a million, and passes it around from SO to SO, does that count?

>Sinkin' an enemy vessel in war.
>Sinkin' 10 enemy vessels.
To everyone on the ship when the enemy ship is sunk?
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Sep 21, 2006 5:45:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Kharnor

I think there should be some "Ocean Record" trophies, which you get when you beat some record, and then when someone else beats your record you lose the trophy and it is passed on to them. Nothing too gamable though, otherwise it kinda loses the point.

For example:
- most consecutive wins in a pillage
- most booty in a pillage from brigands/barbs
- most vessels sunk
(all of the above would be given to the bnavver)
- highest combo in a specific puzzle
- most skulls won
- most familiars/pets/deeds/other item owned
- most trophies
etc.

Edit: The trophies would have the record score inscribed on them, and perhaps the date that the current record was achieved.
Kharnor, perpetual junior officer of the Lost Lot
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kharnor at Sep 21, 2006 10:41:20 PM]
[Sep 21, 2006 10:35:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Alright, what would "Inconceivable" trophies require?

Bilge: Two vegas in one league? (Problem -- back and forth for an hour until you get it)

Guns: Load 4 per battle round for 4 rounds in a row? (Hope your navver keeps firing)

Sails: Vegas^8 while still sparkly?

DNav and carp I have no idea.

Dylan wrote: 

[Sep 22, 2006 12:57:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

BehindCurtai wrote: 

Bilge: Two vegas in one league? (Problem -- back and forth for an hour until you get it)

Guns: Load 4 per battle round for 4 rounds in a row? (Hope your navver keeps firing)

Sails: Vegas^8 while still sparkly?

DNav and carp I have no idea.

The gunnery one is arbitrary if ye get a good board. Carpentry - perhaps get a nice set and a grain bonus on the same board when yer above masterpiece 10. And fer Duty Nav, whilst not inconceivable by any means, it'd be nice to get a trophy to say ye'd memmed the whole ocean.

When I was makin' up my list, I was tryin' to think things up fer cards, as much as I despise them. Was considerin' puttin' gettin' a royal flush as part o' the trophy criteria. Then I decided rewardin' randomness seems daft. Fer the same reason I don't like the gold one.

Also, I very much like Kharnor's idea of record breakin' trophies.

Edits: just woke up...

Note: A gold ore finding trophy has been implemented. - Faulkston
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Faulkston at Jan 14, 2007 12:37:02 PM]
[Sep 22, 2006 1:36:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kharnor

Shuranthae's idea for "inconceivable trophies", which is actually in the other thread, refers to this thread.

Basically, you get this trophy by getting a score of "Inconceivable" in a duty puzzle, which would be a new score above incredible. Something for the Ultimates to actually strive for, since getting increds is pretty much a prerequisite for ultimate in most cases.
Kharnor, perpetual junior officer of the Lost Lot
[Sep 22, 2006 2:05:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ruddigore

bronzebeard wrote: 
And fer Duty Nav, whilst not inconceivable by any means, it'd be nice to get a trophy to say ye'd memmed the whole ocean.

How does that square with the idea that trophies won't be retroactively awarded? It's not exactly a repeatable feat (at least, for the same pirate).
Ruthven, FO Yarr Talk, Cerulean
Despard, SO Fer Crown and Fortune, Emerald
[Sep 22, 2006 2:58:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/ [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

bronzebeard wrote: 
And fer Duty Nav, whilst not inconceivable by any means, it'd be nice to get a trophy to say ye'd memmed the whole ocean.

How does that square with the idea that trophies won't be retroactively awarded? It's not exactly a repeatable feat (at least, for the same pirate).

But it should be pretty easy to check to see if the whole ocean has been memmed.

[Sep 22, 2006 3:02:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

I'd say make the #1 a top 10 trophy, updating the number with your highest rank achieved.
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[Sep 22, 2006 8:47:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

While there will be no official word confirming nor denying the causes of any trophies, I'd just like to say, mates...a lot of things on this list are looking dangerously familiar.

There's a very long list of these that we have under lock and key, and will be trickling out. (And a not completely inconsequential list of them that are already out there, but nobody on ice has won yet)

Keep your eyes peeled; there's some exciting stuff coming.
[Sep 22, 2006 9:51:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

While there will be no official word confirming nor denying the causes of any trophies, I'd just like to say, mates...a lot of things on this list are looking dangerously familiar.

There's a very long list of these that we have under lock and key, and will be trickling out. (And a not completely inconsequential list of them that are already out there, but nobody on ice has won yet)

Keep your eyes peeled; there's some exciting stuff coming.

100% absolutely keep implementing trophies without telling -anyone- what you have to do to get them, or even that there are new ones, and make them be for obscure things as well as obvious accomplishments.

The best trophy system I've ever seen comes from The kingdom of Loathing. and saw the implementation of a great deal of trophies for great feats and accomplishments, but also for off-the-wall frivolous things that people could have ( and have) gone -years- without anyone ever finding. (by last count, out of about 45 trophies, some 3 or 4 have never been earned by anyone)
[Sep 22, 2006 10:01:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Obscure things?

Being in a poker hand where everyone at the table got something out of the pot.

Bidding blind nil and taking the most tricks

Getting 24 points in hearts (25 points is too easy).

Dylan wrote: 

[Sep 22, 2006 5:14:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
culturex

Getting 24 points in hearts (25 points is too easy).

I sadly do that often >_> How about shooting the moon every hand of the game? (for games > 50 points)
Culture, Kaptain of Wicked, Hunter Ocean
Improving Pirates Everywhere
[Edit 1 times, last edit by culturex at Sep 22, 2006 8:18:40 PM]
[Sep 22, 2006 8:17:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

There are Ultimate Pirate and Ultimate Crafter trophies, for pirates who have the Ultimate trophy in all respective skills. Why aren't there similar Incredible trophies?

Also, when the next crafting puzzle gets added, will a new Ultimate Crafting trophy be added? Anyone who already has the 3-puzzle Ult trophy would keep it, but will be upgraded to the 4-puzzle version when they achieve Ultimate in the new puzzle.

[Oct 18, 2006 9:33:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sashamorning

bronzebeard wrote: 

But it should be pretty easy to check to see if the whole ocean has been memmed.

Aye, and if you were Ult when the update came through, you got it for having been Ult. Memming the ocean is basically the same thing, you will have had it before the update, but you just can't fall under the 100% threshold the way you can fall to Leg from Ult.

~Sasha
Sashamorning - Fiery-haired, fiery-tempered, 100% me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shakespeare wrote: 
This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

[Oct 18, 2006 12:04:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

If they make anymore trophies I would like them to say "Hey we are updating with new trophies! You have to figure out how to get them!"

I think that would be more fun trying to figure out how to get the trophies rather than just recieving one for doing Incredible on a station. It takes the fun out of it, at least for me, when I know how to get each trophy. I don't know, I guess I'd rather it be a surprise.
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Oct 18, 2006 12:12:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

The pink heart trophy is interesting. It says you were a greeter before the update. Though of course not everyone qualified was offered greetership before the update...

There should be trophies for Alpha / Beta testers.

Also for several levels of total time logged on. (Finally some way to show off being Sublime / Able in docktarting)

Maybe birthday trophies everytime your pirate grows X years older.
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Oct 18, 2006 11:24:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

There is a good point to the pink hearts though. For the newer greeters who aren't 100% sure. /gw, check the greeters for "old school" greeter, ask question they don't want to ask over /greeter.

And no, we weren't told until after it'd been done, and we didn't ask for it, but we thank the devs anyway.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Oct 19, 2006 1:55:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

Nay such thanks given to retired greeters... Ah well, helpin' people was its own reward, and all that.

Anywho, we need crew trophies too that show up on the new crew page. These would be good indications of the abilities of a crew when ye job wi' them.
- We need a pvp chart, and the top crew on that should get a trophy.
- Crews that hit a certain fame level should get one.
- Pillagin' a certain amount o' money in a short time should get somethin'.
- Maybe an impressve brigand/barbarian fightin' record should get recognition.
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bronzebeard at Oct 19, 2006 2:20:29 AM]
[Oct 19, 2006 2:19:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1386   Pages: 47   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates