• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 247 times and has 3 replies
wrs1864b

the featured artcle should be updated more often than twice a decade Reply to this Post

The last time the "featured article" was updated was 5 years ago. It really should be changed more often. For a start, maybe change it to dark seas?

I would do it myself, but fortunately, GH doesn't let a random idiot change the main page. ;-)
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Nov 20, 2017 7:31:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Re: the featured artcle should be updated more often than twice a decade Reply to this Post

wrs1864b wrote: 
The last time the "featured article" was updated was 5 years ago. It really should be changed more often. For a start, maybe change it to dark seas?

I would do it myself, but fortunately, GH doesn't let a random idiot change the main page. ;-)

Meh, yeah. That was one of my goals when I was trying for Admin in around May. I'd try a third attempt but I don't feel that I've been editing frequently enough as of late....

There aren't as many active admins as there used to be, a lot of the ones on the list have been dormant a long time. I wanted to pick up some of their old tasks since I'm both an active player and wiki-er.
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Nov 20, 2017 9:23:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Re: the featured artcle should be updated more often than twice a decade Reply to this Post

Any user is welcome to make a mockup of something that can be placed there. The only part requiring an administrator is actually placing it on the Main Page. In fact, the current entry wasn't originally written by an admin.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Nov 20, 2017 7:44:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    SSC Thunderbird [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Thunderbird wrote: 
Any user is welcome to make a mockup of something that can be placed there. The only part requiring an administrator is actually placing it on the Main Page. In fact, the current entry wasn't originally written by an admin.

Ah, okay. Good to know! :)
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Nov 21, 2017 6:19:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates