• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 230 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
patgangster

Freezes upon exiting interfaces with many items Reply to this Post

Hi! Ever since... the Obsidian launch I guess, on that ocean, whenever I close an interface with a high amount of items in it, my client lags badly / freezes.

Few examples:
Closing a tailor rack with ~200 items on it: Takes a few seconds.
Closing a tailor rack with ~400 items on it: 7 seconds.

Clicking on any other tab in the sunshine widget while I have my "Beachcomber" tab open (~500 trinkets): 30 seconds

Clicking on any other tab in the sunshine widget while I have my "Cursed Isles" tab open (~900 trinkets): Waited three minutes, did not unfreeze.
(This tab also takes about 5 seconds to open, but that's a bit more minor I guess)

Closing the large "booty" interface acessed through clicking on my pirate name in the ye tab also completely freezes me.

Funnily enough, closing the trinket tabs manually happens quickly (or clicking on another tab in the big interface, such as "labor" or "employment" happens instantly) and allows me to close the interface without issues.

This does not seem to happen to me on Emerald.
----------------------------------------
TriplePat, Joining the great obsidian migration.
[Nov 17, 2017 7:58:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

Re: Freezes upon exiting interfaces with many items Reply to this Post

Were you using the Steam client when you checked Emerald, or the regular YPP client?
[Nov 17, 2017 9:14:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lebsoldier

I am also experiencing that. Lots of lag issues
[Nov 17, 2017 9:32:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

I use the regular client for Emerald. I wanted to check using Steam, but the steam client doesn't seem to launch for me at all.
TriplePat, Joining the great obsidian migration.
[Nov 17, 2017 9:48:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Related? - Client performance when loading menus like Order for this Shoppe gets progressively worse each time you open it. It seems possible the high number of stalls on Obsidian islands are generating a lot of work for the client when you're opening that menu. Often I am hopping between menus in my stalls and I have to wait for the client to unfreeze each time I open Order for this Shoppe.
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sagacious at Nov 17, 2017 10:49:46 AM]
[Nov 17, 2017 10:49:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates