• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 831 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Jenniesis

Navy missions Reply to this Post

I've been trying to get my stats up by doing navy missions, but by the time I'm getting combos ready to break we are at port again! I'm guessing I am not the first to ask about this but I haven't found another thread - why such short distances between islands?
[Nov 15, 2017 4:10:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

Re: Navy missions Reply to this Post

ye can try this...

when the navy vessel sets sail, click on those swabbies on sailing & bilging stations and order them to leave the station

that will slows down the navy vessel so that ye have more time to do yer combos thingy
----------------------------------------
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Nov 15, 2017 6:33:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
Jenniesis

Great idea, thanks
[Nov 15, 2017 10:45:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

ye can try this...

when the navy vessel sets sail, click on those swabbies on sailing & bilging stations and order them to leave the station

that will slows down the navy vessel so that ye have more time to do yer combos thingy

And you will annoy everyone else on the ship who expects it to hit league points and port in a reasonable amount of time, and thereby get paid.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 2 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Nov 16, 2017 6:44:18 PM]
[Nov 16, 2017 6:43:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

And you will annoy everyone else on the ship who expects it to hit league points and port in a reasonable amount of time, and thereby get paid.

*sigh*

do you two realize that the swabbies just restation after a while, don't you? That this was fixed over 5 years ago?

Now, the swabbies do stay off station for a while so you can hop off your puzzle, ruining your combo, and kick the swabbies off again, but that kind of defeats the point. Or, you could dual client and pause your puzzle while the other client runs around kicking them off, but dual clienting on obsidian is a big pain.

When the two new islands open up in January, there will be navy missions that aren't quite as short.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Nov 17, 2017 5:51:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

...What?

do you two realize that the swabbies just restation after a while, don't you?

Are you sure? I have a few times gunned for an hour on navy ships, they never restationed. I frequently hop on navy ships through mission, find empty boats with the sailor bots not stationed.

Good point about the two new islands though; that'll open 5-6LP missions rather than 3-4.
TriplePat, Joining the great obsidian migration.
[Nov 17, 2017 6:18:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

do you two realize that the swabbies just restation after a while, don't you?

Are you sure?

I tested it again right before I replied. I also tested it many years ago. Maybe we are doing something subtly different. I've been using just the regular navy missions. I used to use the navigate with the navy mission, because then I got my own private ship, but I can't do that any more.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Nov 17, 2017 6:25:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Maybe it does for the navigate mission - I did it on the sail/rig/carp/patch/bilge/gun MBs.
[Nov 17, 2017 6:32:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Maybe it does for the navigate mission

What do you mean by "it"? that the swabbies don't restation or that they do?

As I said in my post, I tested it on the regular mission and the swabbies restation. Have you tested it?
[Nov 17, 2017 6:35:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

it being the swabbies restationing.

Just took the learn to sail mission and got on a navy boat, kicked the swabbies off sails. Got nothing better to do so I'll stay on the boat.

edit: ~10 mins later the sail bots are still lazing. Maybe the difference here is that you kick the bilge bots off too?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by patgangster at Nov 17, 2017 6:59:43 AM]
[Nov 17, 2017 6:48:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Nothing better to do and slow moving Navy ships touches on one of my pet peeves.

I took the "Bilge with the Navy Mission". I kicked bots off of sails and they lazed even after the ship ported and set sail again. I hung out for at least 20 minutes with them. Once, I even left the ship and happened to catch the same navy mission at the notice board, and they were STILL lazing.

The next test I made, once the ship set sail, I kicked ALL bots off of ALL stations. We went about 1+1/2 LPs and suddenly they all jumped back on station.

So, while slow(er) moving Navy ships annoy me, I now know how to remedy the situation. Thanks!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Dexla at Nov 17, 2017 9:02:31 AM]
[Nov 17, 2017 9:01:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

I gunned for around 3 hours yesterday and the sailors i kicked didn't take a station again.
Jcmorgan on Emerald
Jc on Obsidian (regrettably)
My Kraken bombing guide
CI booty division stats
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jcmorgan6 at Nov 17, 2017 9:03:29 AM]
[Nov 17, 2017 9:01:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

I just got on a navy boat to test more, and kicked everything except one carp and bilge swabbie - the other swabbies are still all standing around after ~10 minutes, although damage is rising very, very slowly.

Another 10 minutes or so later, damage rose enough for bilge to start creeping in - which resulted into every single swabbie stationing back up

tl;dr navy swabbies restation when water comes in
[Edit 1 times, last edit by patgangster at Nov 17, 2017 10:14:41 AM]
[Nov 17, 2017 10:14:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

just back into town, sorry for the late reply.

first, thanks much for other people testing. I probably did kick all the swabbies off, and that appears to be the difference. So, if you want the navy ship to go slow, *only* kick off the sailors, if you want the ship to go faster again, kick off *all* the swabbies.

I last tested this back when OOO change the navy ships to have a much faster minimum speed and I wrongly assumed that they made the swabbies restation at the same time.

But, since the minimum navy ship speed is much higher, kicking off swabbies makes much less difference, at least for pay. I mean, you get payed per league and horizontal leagues are 1.41 times as long as diagonal ones already. No one complains about that.
[Nov 19, 2017 12:53:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeaGi

Choose the 'navigate' with the navy mission. This puts you aboard a sloop. Then cancel your current navigate mission and order your bots off station as needed to slow or speed up the boat. Youll still get from point a to b, but no one else will come aboard and get mad at you.
"pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall" -Prov 16:18

Jimmyjimjim,
Ex-downpressor of Babylon
Thankfully Retired
[Nov 21, 2017 1:05:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates