• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 577 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
polaris395

Distilling on Obsidian - Has the puzzle changed? Reply to this Post

Edit: Posted in the wrong forum, drat! I'll see if I can get it moved to Tips N Tricks...

Ahoy all,

I've asked around my flag, and I can't seem to find anyone who has reliably distilled for a while, so I turn to everyone here with my question.

As of a few days ago, potentially with the November patch/update, distilling has been spawning MANY more spice pieces for my pirates. I don't mean one or two, but 5-7 on the board at a time. Now, I'm around a GM distiller on Obsidian (or.. was) and so I routinely hit CC11/12, and my max is CC13. I would get a spice piece here or there, and I can work around it and I also felt like it didn't really kill my scores.

Now, I am seeing 10+ spices each puzzle and it's blocking EVERY move that I know. Speed doesn't seem to be an issue; it's literally the spices.

I've also noticed that on the distilling stat board (lol) there are now fewer and fewer Ults on the list and it's got me wondering, legitimately, if there was an undercover puzzle spawn change. It is even harder now, IMO, and I really just need a sanity check. I haven't checked out other oceans, so if others would chime in that would be great too.

TL;DR Am I crazy or has distilling started spawning much tougher boards with more spices?

Cheers!
----------------------------------------
-Polariss

Apollo wrote: 

I saw Apollo do it...maybe a week ago? He was by the SF table.
You mean "I saw Apollo in the Lima inn - perhaps he did it", and the answer is "No, I didn't".

[Edit 1 times, last edit by polaris395 at Nov 9, 2017 2:12:03 PM]
[Nov 9, 2017 2:10:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zxyz

Re: Distilling on Obsidian - Has the puzzle changed? Reply to this Post

I haven't seen any change to spawns.

Now, I am seeing 10+ spices each puzzle and it's blocking EVERY move that I know.

This happens very rarely (in my experience), but feel free to post a video of this happening. Often if I'm stuck it's because I've made a mistake or a series of poor decisions to get myself in that situation. It could be that you are managing the spice spawns poorly.
Xy on Obsidian
[Nov 10, 2017 10:12:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

I've also noticed no difference in spice spawn rates.

I've also noticed that on the distilling stat board (lol) there are now fewer and fewer Ults on the list

Number of ults is a direct result of the number of active puzzlers. Distilling has never been a popular puzzle and having <10 ultimates on the board has not be an unusual state of affairs for a long time.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Nov 11, 2017 5:41:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hallaluah320

Spices are roughly the same.
White spawn is a little streaky and sporadic though.
Greenday
[Nov 20, 2017 8:36:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

TL;DR Am I crazy or has distilling started spawning much tougher boards with more spices?

Cheers!

I thought I was crazy too, but I'm glad someone else had the same experience... For me it seemed to happen most at the beginning of the month, but I've since not had any problem with it, so I'm not sure what's up. There was a spat there where maybe 1/3 of the game just got super clogged and difficult to navigate, so I know what you mean.
-Porglit on Emerald
[Nov 20, 2017 11:40:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates