• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 49234 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

Periodic Portraits 2017 Edition! Reply to this Post

We'll be creating whisks to creatively named ships throughout the year. These will be special locations for you to take portraits solo, with your friends, and maybe with an Ocean Master or two.

We will be posting dates and unique ship names for each ocean. There will be a whisk on the events tab of the notice board which will remain up for the whole day. These are NOT free portraits - it's just an opportunity for you to get a portrait with a special ship name and maybe a special background. We will be choosing names based on the season, holidays, or the current theme for the limited edition portrait backgrounds.

Feel free to make suggestions here. Remember it needs to make sense in the following phrase: "Commissioned by Hera on the fine vessel ..........." The ship names should be unique and not exist on the ocean. We may end up having different, but similar, ship names on different oceans. You can see the ship names we used in 2013 here, in 2014 here , in 2015 here and 2016 here .

Portrait Ship Schedule:

Jan 01-02 Watching Fireworks, Happy New YeARRR
Jan 13 Paraskevidekatriaphobia
Jan 28-31 Year of the Rooster
Jan 29 Getting Incredibles, Booching Badly

Feb 03 'painting the town red'
Feb 14 'Lovesick Leviathan' and 'Love Stinks'
Feb 18 'Missing Pluto'
Feb 28 'celebrating Mardi Gras'

Mar 01 'of pigs'
Mar 14 'Slice of Pi'
Mar 17 'Feeling Green' and "Shamrock On'
Mar 22 'in hot water'

Apr 01 'April Fool'
Apr 14-17 'of Rabbits' and 'covered in eggs'
Apr 22 'In Full Bloom'
Apr 25 'Lest We Forget'

May 04 'feeling the fourth' 'Rogue One'
May 18 'lost in the past'
May 25 'Don't Panic' 'Forty Two'
May 29 'Always Remembered'

Jun 08 "sailing the salty seas"
Jun 14 "Stars of Glory"
Jun 18 "circled by fins"
Jun 25 "Catching Catfish"

Jul 01 "Knock Knock"
Jul 04 "declaring their independence"
Jul 20 "Stalemate"
Jul 30 "Be My Hearty" ?

Aug 05 "making sandcastles"
Aug 09 "lost in a book"
Aug 16 "Barrels o' Rum"
Aug 21 'Totally Eclipsed'

Sep 04 'enjoying the long weekend'
Sep 11 'Always Remembered'
Sep 19 'of old salts, 'Shiver Me Timbers', 'Lingua Piratica'
Sep 25 'Falling For You'

Oct 09 'Ye Known Worlde'
Oct 13 'covered in eggs'
Oct 20 'taking a nap'
Oct 23-31 'BOOty Full' 'covered in pumpkins'

Nov 01 'Dia De Los Muertos'
Nov 05 'watching fireworks'
Nov 11 'Thanking You'
Nov 23 'Bellyful'

Dec 04 'Protecting Wildlife'
Dec 15 'of cats'
Dec 20 'Santa's Secret Ship' 'Naughty or Nice'
Dec 30 'Happy New YeARRR'
----------------------------------------
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Edit 10 times, last edit by Hera at Nov 19, 2017 5:40:44 PM]
[Dec 25, 2016 8:03:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Re: Periodic Portraits 2017 Edition! Reply to this Post

2017 is fast approaching! I hope y'all have enjoyed yer Xmas Day festivities, and have an excellent New Year! We have some fine portrait ships coming up in the upcoming month!

Jan 01-01 Happy New YeARRR and Watching Fireworks will still be about

Jan 13 Who is afraid of Friday the 13th? Embrace yer fears on board the Paraskevidekatriaphobia

Jan 28-31 Marks the beginning of Chinese New Year! Step aboard the Year of the Rooster

Jan 29 Puzzle Day! Yay! Celebrate yer prowess in puzzles on board Getting Incredibles or Booching Badly
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Dec 25, 2016 9:19:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

How are we at the end of January already! I swear, the older I get, the faster time goes..

Coming soon....

Feb 03 is Wear Red Day and we are going to celebrate by 'painting the town red'

Feb 14 is Valentines Day! (And nothing says 'I LOVE YOU!!!!!' more than dressing up in orange and lime ;)) Celebrate on board the 'Lovesick Leviathan' or perhaps grumble about it on 'Love Stinks'

Feb 18 is the anniversary of the day that Pluto was discovered. You know, back before the time we undiscovered it... Remember that rock with fondness on board 'Missing Pluto'

Feb 28 is Mardi Gras! Woo! Leap aboard the fine vessel 'celebrating Mardi Gras'
[Jan 29, 2017 9:43:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

The year is Marching on, and I've got some fun portrait ships set up to Spring on you over the upcoming month!

March 01 is National Pig Day and you can show off yer favourite pet on board the fine vessel "of pigs" .

March 14 is Pi Day and we can celebrate our love of Pie..er..Pi on board the "Slice of Pi"

March 17 is St Patricks! After a toast or three you may be "Feeling Green" but I'm sure you will "Shamrock On"

March 22 you may be "in hot water" if you don't show yer appreciation for the wet stuff on World Water Day.

Enjoy!
[Feb 27, 2017 12:46:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

April is so very nearly here and to cheer myself up at the rapidly cooling weather in my part of the world I'm setting up portrait ships. Yay!

April 01 and you won't fool me on board the fine vessel "April Fool" .

April 14th - 17th is Easter! Recover from that chocolate overload on board the "of Rabbits" and "covered in eggs"

April 22nd is Earth Day and even if the weather is cold you can pretend otherwise on board the fine vessel "In Full Bloom"

April 25th is ANZAC day for our Australian and New Zealander pirates. Commemorate the day on board the "Lest We Forget"
[Mar 25, 2017 4:24:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

April May soon be over, but never fear! We have more portrait ships coming soon!

May 4th Star Wars Day! Will you be "feeling the fourth" And don't forget "Rogue One"

May 18th is International Museum Day! Plot a course to "lost in the past"

May 25th is Towel Day - please "Don't Panic" and remember the answer is "Forty Two"

May 29th is Memorial Day. We will never forget on board "Always Remembered"
[Apr 23, 2017 4:47:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

June is just around the corner - half way through the year! We have a nice new haul of portrait ships for y'all to enjoy over the next month.

June 8th is World Ocean Day. Let your worries drift away while "sailing the salty seas"

June 14th is Flag Day! Commemorate the day on board the "Stars of Glory"

June 18th is Go Fishing Day - Time to go fishin' but be careful in case you end up "circled by fins"

June 25th is Catfish Day. Time to catch more fish on board "Catching Catfish"
[May 24, 2017 6:56:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Why, hello July! I see you sneaking up on us, and I'm ready with more portrait ships to play on!

July 1st is International Joke Day! Why couldn't the pirate play cards? Because he was sitting on the deck! Don't laugh too much on board the "Knock Knock"

July 4th is American Independence Day! Commemorate the day on board the "declaring their independence"

July 20th is International Chess Day - Plot your next move on board "Stalemate"

July 30th is International Day of Friendship. Will you "Be My Hearty" ?
[Jun 27, 2017 6:58:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

August will soon be here - the year is flying by! To distract myself from the snow, I've been setting up portraitships for everyone to have fun on!

August 5th is Sandcastle Day! Hard to make sandcastles while wearing mittens, but I'm sure if you are in warmer climates you will be out there playing and "making sandcastles"

August 9th is one of my favourite days! Book Lovers Day will find me "lost in a book"

August 16th is something I'm sure all pirates mark on their calendars: Rum Day! Hop aboard "Barrels o' Rum"

August 21st is the date of a total eclipse visible in North America. Lets hope the skies remain clear and y'all are "Totally Eclipsed"
[Jul 29, 2017 3:10:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Say Hera, are the last 3 LE portraits going to be released anytime soon or not at all anymore? Love, Bissy
Bisca - Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Cattrin
[Aug 1, 2017 5:18:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

The days are getting warmer and longer over in my little corner of the world! That means September must soon be here!

September 4th is Labor Day in the US! I'll be suitably envious of y'all while you are "enjoying the long weekend"

September 19th is Talk Like a Pirate Day! Huzzah! We'll be enjoying the day on not one, not two, but THREE portrait ships! Take yer pick from "of old salts" , "Shiver Me Timbers" or "Lingua Piratica"

September 25th sees the start of a whole new season! Enjoy the cooler temperatures on board "Falling For You"

(Sorry, no release time yet for the three last portrait backgrounds - they may be being saved for something special!)

[Aug 23, 2017 8:01:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

October! OCTOBER! One of my favorite months of the year!

October 9th is Columbus Day! Check yer charts and be ready to sail"Ye Known Worlde"

October 13th is World Egg Day! Can you find yer favorite egg* on the fine vessel "covered in eggs"

October 20th is International Sloth Day! Time to dream of those cute critters while "taking a nap"

October 23-31st we will be celebrating Halloween! Look gorgeous on board"BOOty Full" and admire the orange on"covered in pumpkins"

*(Yer favourite one is the cute purple OM egg, right! Right??)

[Sep 24, 2017 4:48:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

How can it be almost November? Where did the year go?!

November 1st is the Day of the Dead! Celebrate with us on "Dia De Los Muertos"

November 5th is Bonfire Night! We will be "watching fireworks" well into the night!

November 11th is Veterans Day! Show your appreciation on board "Thanking You"

November 23rd is Thanksgiving! Time to loosen that belt on board the"Bellyful"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hera at Oct 22, 2017 9:03:04 PM]
[Oct 22, 2017 8:53:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

Hi Hera!

Any news about when the "surprise release" backgrounds might come out? The spring release backgrounds are still up and it's October.
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist
[Oct 23, 2017 10:10:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Last Update for 2017! This year went super fast, and as we head towards Winter Holiday Season, I hope you find the time to hop on board the next set of portrait ships!

December 4th is World Wildlife Conservation Day. Show your support for conservation on board "Protecting Wildlife"

December 15th is Herding Cats Day. Time to think about cat herding strategies on board "of cats"

December 20th - 31st we celebrate the holiday season! Take a break from shopping or over indulging the egg nog on board "Naughty or Nice" and "Santa's Secret Ship"

December 30th-31st! We are counting down the hours to 2018 on board"Happy New YeARRR"
[Nov 19, 2017 5:32:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates