• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 245
Posts: 245   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 46868 times and has 244 replies Next Thread
Fannon

Familiar/Pet Colors Needed Reply to this Post

I've searched through and scrolled through multiple threads, and best I can tell, these haven't been posted in this forum anywhere. So in an effort to consolidate, at least for the time being, here goes.

Please either post your image in this thread, or contact Budclare or Fannon via the forums to arrange a meeting in game! If any other intrepid wiki explorers are willing to act as screenshot arrangers, let me know and I will add your name/ocean to this. :)

THE LIST 5/22/2016

These are all inventory images.

Festive yeti fur:
-silver
(Here's the Festive yeti template page for reference.)

Pink/Random/Random Elephant Pet:
-WINE secondary
Wine secondary is the opposite of this one (i.e. wine where the white is):

Patchy fox inventory images:
-chestnut (green)

Unicorn inventory images:
Collar colors:
--pink
--persimmon
--chocolate
The LE colors should be available on booch box unicorns (white/shadow).

Booch boxes:
chameleons, hatted octopuses, (non-hatted) parrots
I'm not too concerned about these, but if you happen to run across any...
----------------------------------------
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Edit 27 times, last edit by Fannon at Jun 1, 2016 2:27:25 PM]
[Aug 12, 2014 12:55:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raalala

Re: Familiar/Pet Colors Needed Reply to this Post

Voilla.

I'll keep a look out, see if I can find any of the others that you need.
~ Bambeh

Johnydepp says; 'BatBam, your f-ing play on words fetish'
Priapus says; 'Mate, look at his screen, you could play chess on that.'

[Aug 12, 2014 1:16:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Ill get the combat cat and exotic tiger when i get home. Forgot that part when i added them to wiki. :/

EDIT:
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RonenOsden at Aug 12, 2014 5:45:04 AM]
[Aug 12, 2014 3:44:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsen [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Thanks for the big cat screenies. The big cat images should all be up to date. :)

I've updated my list to include kraklings and yeti! If you have anything on that list, please post a screenshot, or link to a yoweb page (for familiars)! (Or at the very least tell me the name/ocean of the person who owns the thing so I can track them down myself!)

I also have a serpent-related research project if someone has time and wants to help out with the wiki without having to actually make/edit images, or edit the wiki in any way. :) It's literally to make me a list of things. PM me if you're interested!
Looks like I found a tribute volunteer!
Wikipedia Administrator
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Fannon at Aug 27, 2014 11:37:28 PM]
[Aug 27, 2014 5:05:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GoreJackFan

Heres the golden Hedgehog

Gorev - Emerald
[Aug 27, 2014 5:47:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    MechanicGurl04 [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Sissy on Cerulean has green krakling
[Aug 27, 2014 10:24:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsen [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Blue hedgehog

[Aug 31, 2014 2:27:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsen [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

i ve got a navy krakling will post pic up tomorrow
Yasmi on Meridian

Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Aug 31, 2014 4:41:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ambrosially

Chameleon:
So far, the chameleons I've seen have changed color based on what the pirate holding it is wearing. If any of you happen to have one, mind playing around with outfit combos and verifying this fact? Also let us know what clothing article changes it as well.

Every chameleon has a stripe (secondary) color that does not change, and then the primary color of whatever outfit you are wearing = the primary color of the chameleon. So if you were wearing black with a chameleon that had a persimmon stripe, the chameleon would become black/persimmon and change colors into [color]/persimmon upon changing your clothes! And I think the clothing article that changes the color is the top, but I'm not 100% sure...
Ambrosial on errythanggg! <3

Thanks Cattrin! Truly amazing. :)
[Sep 3, 2014 11:18:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Damn booch box :(

Edit : That's the Magenta/Chocolate octo that is currently for sale on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RonenOsden at Sep 4, 2014 1:49:53 PM]
[Sep 4, 2014 1:49:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsen [Link]  Go to top 
Doghnut1

I'm not good at distincting colors >.> but hope these help
Doghnut on Meridian
[Sep 4, 2014 10:52:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rocketbros

Need any raven colours?
Longredo of Viridian and Malachite
Oars on Emerald
[Sep 5, 2014 2:20:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

Just wondering- where'd you get the colour palette for kraklings? I don't think I've seen black, inky or sea green.

Aqua
Grey

Light green
Green
Lime *drags wannita on to the thread*
Navy
Blue
Violet
Purple
Keaze
We did it!
[Sep 5, 2014 4:05:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
angel2512

Green krakling for the familiar grid

It's in PNG format, I hope its correct.
Oh I see someone's uploaded it already. My apologies!
~Saphireangel~

SO of Mischievous Drifters,
Lady of Maniacal Menagerie,
Cerulean, once a Cobalt native.
(also lurking on all English oceans)

Angelfish collector
Avatar gorgeousness by the lovely Angelira!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by angel2512 at Sep 5, 2014 7:14:54 AM]
[Sep 5, 2014 7:12:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Thanks for the images :)

Keaze wrote: 
Just wondering- where'd you get the colour palette for kraklings? I don't think I've seen black, inky or sea green.

They aren't necessarily in those colors, just went by what was in the trinket palette. *shrugs*

Rocketbros wrote: 
Need any raven colours?

I have all the raven colors that have been announced!
Wikipedia Administrator
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fannon at Sep 5, 2014 6:25:37 PM]
[Sep 5, 2014 6:24:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bellahdonna

Here is my violet Chameleon from this month's Gold Box:

The icon in your inventory for the chameleon always stays the same (so in my case, green/violet).

But yes, the primary color changes according to the primary/first color of the shirt you are wearing. If you name the chameleon (which I did - Tyedye!) , the icon color on your Pirate Page will change according to your primary shirt color as well. And it will continue to change colors even if you aren't wearing it, so long as it remains in your inventory and can show up on your page.

Here I'm wearing lavender, here I'm wearing lime, and here I'm wearing blue...

I've found I don't like it when he blends in with my shirt color, so I opt for the Frilly shirt with sash (so the Chameleon sits on a white shirt and is colored according to the primary color of the sash), or the Midriff blouse with scarf (where it matches what's on your torso, not your shoulders, so again you can have some contrast).

... Anyway, I realize that was a lot more than what you asked for... but there ya go! :P :)

EDITED TO ADD: After naming my Chameleon, the question mark color has been replaced by the word "green".

Twilah on Meridian
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Bellahdonna at Oct 9, 2014 3:26:09 PM]
[Oct 9, 2014 10:20:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

But yes, the primary color changes according to the primary/first color of the shirt you are wearing. If you name the chameleon, the icon color on your Pirate Page will change according to your primary shirt color as well. And it will continue to change colors even if you aren't wearing it, so long as it remains in your inventory and can show up on your page.

So you can stalk people by watching their pirate page? D:

"I know what (color) you're wearing..."

(That question mark thing is weird.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Oct 9, 2014 7:11:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maitredodo

Inky
Masterdodo on Opal/Emerald
Atlantis, what else?
[Oct 13, 2014 1:37:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JamesStGeorg

Blue? and Lime if it helps.

Kracken furniture not in Yippedia? Sinks, Tubs, what colours and combinations do they come in? If that need images to work out from I have a few.
Jstgeorge of Emerald.
[Oct 14, 2014 1:54:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

Kracken furniture not in Yippedia? Sinks, Tubs, what colours and combinations do they come in? If that need images to work out from I have a few.

I am working on collecting those atm. I think I have the palette parameters figured out but i need to get a few more to be sure. If you want to find me in game I can check what you have in case it shows up something I wasn't expecting

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Oct 14, 2014 4:07:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I won a wine-colored Pony in this month's doubloon promotion. I don't see it in the wiki yet. Is this actually a new thing? If so, what screenshots do you need of it? (I have the trinket thing down pat, but I'm still very new to the pet thing.)
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Nov 14, 2014 11:41:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

Yeah wine mystery boxes just released *points at nb*

I 1 1 2
Keaze
We did it!
[Nov 14, 2014 12:49:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Yeah wine mystery boxes just released *points at nb*

I 1 1 2

He might have talked about if it's actually the first time wine ponies have been introduced to the game or if they've been available somehow before. Sometimes it is like that.

See, I'm sure that persimmon chromas were available only once and not so long ago but someone is sure that his chroma has been in his inventory even before the release of the said color. Only Three Rings could confirm this because of the fact that the wiki is updated by the players and not every single detail gets recorded there - and the information isn't always exactly right.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

BUYING EGGS
[Nov 14, 2014 10:09:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I was indeed asking if it's the first time. I know wine boxes were just released, but not everything released with them is new (wine sloops, for example).
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Nov 15, 2014 2:40:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

See, I'm sure that persimmon chromas were available only once and not so long ago but someone is sure that his chroma has been in his inventory even before the release of the said color. Only Three Rings could confirm this because of the fact that the wiki is updated by the players and not every single detail gets recorded there - and the information isn't always exactly right.

I didn't even know there were persimmon chromas. But it was a LE color for a little while before it was made a regular color, so I assume chromas were available in persimmon boxes.

But booch boxes had random color chromas, so it must have been possible to get persimmon. So, you might both have been right. Although poking around in old official doc, I'm not seeing chromas, so if they did give out persimmon chromas once upon a time, it might have been before they started documenting box contents well, I guess.

Maybe an OM snuck a chroma into his booty to mess with his head...

(I'm inclined to agree with you, though. I've never seen one, and it seems like something people would use as tourney prizes to get rid of them, seeing as not everyone appreciates super orange like I do. Booch boxes would have produced very few persimmon chromas, though, so there's no reason why I would have seen one.)

/e just felt like rambling about persimmon, apparently

EDIT: Actually, it turns out that the mild fuss I remember them making about the introduction of persimmon was mostly just letting people vote on its name whether they wanted indigo or persimmon as the ci color. Maybe they gave chromas to random people who voted?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by budclare2 at Nov 15, 2014 5:44:47 PM]
[Nov 15, 2014 5:16:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

I didn't even know there were persimmon chromas. But it was a LE color for a little while before it was made a regular color, so I assume chromas were available in persimmon boxes.

But booch boxes had random color chromas, so it must have been possible to get persimmon. So, you might both have been right. Although poking around in old official doc, I'm not seeing chromas, so if they did give out persimmon chromas once upon a time, it might have been before they started documenting box contents well, I guess.

Maybe an OM snuck a chroma into his booty to mess with his head...

(I'm inclined to agree with you, though. I've never seen one, and it seems like something people would use as tourney prizes to get rid of them, seeing as not everyone appreciates super orange like I do. Booch boxes would have produced very few persimmon chromas, though, so there's no reason why I would have seen one.)

/e just felt like rambling about persimmon, apparently

EDIT: Actually, it turns out that the mild fuss I remember them making about the introduction of persimmon was mostly just letting people vote on its name whether they wanted indigo or persimmon as the ci color. Maybe they gave chromas to random people who voted?

Persimmon was added as a color when Crimson opened - though it wasn't available as a color in-game right from the first day. As far as I can remember and know, chromas weren't even a thing at that time but a little later.

I know that persimmon chromas however were available not so long ago, as a dub purchase reward. I just can't remember if it was early this year or very late last year. I also remember all of us wondering what's the point of a chroma that has a regular color you can just order from the shoppe - other than the value for a collector.

As far as I know, persimmon wasn't one of the colors in booch boxes so persimmon chroma from there is not possible in my opinion.

I also seem to remember that there has never been persimmon mystery boxes. Some persimmon items in the mystery gift boxes such as the puppy yes, but not the boxes themselves neither persimmon chromas.

After all this, my conclusion still is that persimmon chromas were available in-game for a short period of time more or less recently. The only other persimmon chromas would either be booched ones (actually booched, not booch box originated) or then a very special rare gift given by a Ringer to a player for whatever the reason (I haven't heard ever this happening).

Yes I'm aware I derailed the discussion even further.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

BUYING EGGS
[Nov 16, 2014 4:55:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

From http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Official:Aug14_Promotion :

Random colors include Magenta, Plum, Chocolate, Wine, Ice Blue, Spring Green and Banana.

If they meant those were the only colors, then they worded it poorly. Then again, if they meant normal colors plus seasonal colors, why single out magenta? Either way it makes no sense.

But you're right that persimmon existed before chromas, it looks like, so your friend is probably wrong. But they shouldn't feel bad, since persimmon was added to the chroma list in mid-September, i.e. just a few weeks after the booched box promotion, so you're probably wrong, too. :P

/e is done having deraily fun, honest
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Nov 16, 2014 6:59:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

From http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Official:Aug14_Promotion :

Random colors include Magenta, Plum, Chocolate, Wine, Ice Blue, Spring Green and Banana.

If they meant those were the only colors, then they worded it poorly. Then again, if they meant normal colors plus seasonal colors, why single out magenta? Either way it makes no sense.

But you're right that persimmon existed before chromas, it looks like, so your friend is probably wrong. But they shouldn't feel bad, since persimmon was added to the chroma list in mid-September, i.e. just a few weeks after the booched box promotion, so you're probably wrong, too. :P

/e is done having deraily fun, honest

The booch boxes, idk either. I read it so that those are all the possible colors one can find in the boxes considering it includes all the 6 LE colors and one regular.

About the persimmon chromas however, I am absolutely sure. They were a thing themself as a dub purchase reward before the booch boxes. Just like I'm 100% sure about the persimmon cat being handed out as a reward couple of months after Crimson closed but it's not recorded in the wiki. (I am aware of the fact I could edit that in there myself but I don't remember the exact time about it either and it makes both of these facts useful but useless for the wiki, I suppose)

To talk about the pets, the wine hedgehog apparently was one of those dub purchase rewards and not from the boxes, too. I also kind of like derailing this thread if nobody noticed yet.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

BUYING EGGS
[Nov 17, 2014 1:44:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Persimmon chromas were given out during this - I think the wine hedgehog was during the same promo:
http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/spyglass/entry/late_fall_haul
It's not mentioned specifically, but it's in the picture, and I remember getting it at that time.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Nov 17, 2014 7:25:44 AM]
[Nov 17, 2014 7:24:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I never did get an answer about what screenshots, etc. were needed, so I made an educated guess. Here's the wine pony on a ship deck:

And here it is in my booty:

~Jamesh on Emerald

[Nov 19, 2014 11:39:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 245   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates