• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6684 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
bailet

Illuminatti's sloop design contest(Cancelled)

Cancelled due to not enough enterants.
Illuminatti Presents:
*Drum roll* A sloop design contest! Interested? We hope so!

The Rules:
You have two weeks time to Customize and create a sloop!
(October the 3rd is the deadline. Possible to be changed.)

You may use any paint or furniture to make it the most AWESOME ship ever to sail the seas!(Or to show off in port)

Plum, Banana, chocolate, or any other LE edition sloops won from dub boxes are NOT ALLOWED. (Wheres the creativity or fun in that?)

You may rename your vessel custom or partial it doesn't matter. (Renamed will probably add favor to the judges)

Your sloop will be judged by 3 different people who will all give their opinions and scores. (Judge names will not be released to keep it fair)

It costs 10k per sloop entry!

Per you ask? Yep thats right! You can enter as mannnyyyyyy as you would ever want to give yourself a higher chance to win that prize!

Yes that's also right!
A prize! Bum bum bummm.
The prize will probably be a LE sloop(Or bigger) to compliment your sexy ship fleet!
Second and third prizes may be possible. Info still not available.

Extra Info
To help us see how many people will be taking part, please post below so we get a good estimate.

How will the sloops be judged? Based on color, creativity, originality(No stealing another's idea), and the effort spent.

Where will they all be? Probably in a alternate crew so that the judges may easily see them all together. You will stick your sloop on an alt that joins the crew.

We prefer they are on aim so that we don't have to whisk 500000000 different places that day.

The fee is only 10,000(10k) poe per sloop. This sounds reasonable as the prize is worth an easy 125k. (Plus theres nothing like feeling good about yourself thinking, I designed that bad boy!)
The entry fee's will be due BEFORE the deadline. As soon as possible would be nice. After you pay you will give the alt's name you will stick it on and your name will be recorded in a house with the number of sloops you will be entering. You must pay before your alt may join the crew to be judged!

We WILL be checking the vessel records to see if you placed anything after the deadline. They probably wont be all judged on the same day, there could be TONS of sloops. Make sure its unlocked!

Placing or moving furni or painting after the set deadline will get you disqualified and your entry fee will NOT be returned.(Sloops locked will not be judged and if not unlocked in one days time they will also be D/Qed)

More info could still come!

Have any questions? Feel free to ask in game or here and I will try my best to answer them.
----------------------------------------
Clotho tells ye, "did you hide the skellies this time?"
OM MESSAGE: Complaining the on-duty OM will only result in another flurry of eggs being sent out into the YPP world. Go #TeamPurple!
Dalnoth's Favorite Pirate
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bailet at Oct 1, 2011 7:36:51 PM]
[Sep 18, 2011 4:13:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bailet

Re: Illuminatti's sloop design contest

Reserved
OM MESSAGE: Complaining the on-duty OM will only result in another flurry of eggs being sent out into the YPP world. Go #TeamPurple!
[Sep 18, 2011 4:15:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
awright

So we have to spend upwards of 150k for paint, furni, and a rename, pluse the 10k entry fee for a *chance* of winning a limited edition sloop?
-barcium

Original Huntard
[Sep 18, 2011 4:37:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bailet

No one said you had to take part. And actually, get the facts right. You can easily decorate a sloop with under 50k and won items.

edit:Plus its not like your losing poe if you dont win, you still get your newly decorated sloop.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bailet at Sep 18, 2011 7:14:33 PM]
[Sep 18, 2011 7:12:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
awright

Yes you can decorate a sloop for 50k but you can't really do it very well. The winner of the contest will be someone who puts more money into the sloop.

Your post would seem to agree with that as you wrote:

you may rename your vessel custom or partial it dosn't matter (Renamed will probably add favor to the judges)

Renaming a ship can cost alot of PoE and it seems rather unfair for that to be considered with the prize being so small. Also not everyone has "won items" sitting around to decorate a sloop with and that still leaves the cost for furniture putting this event way out of reach of the casual player. You would most likely gain more participation if you allow entries from scene painter to be added.

Edit: You told me to get my facts straight so here's some facts for you. Let's say we take a sloop, we throw some paint on it for 10k. We buy some guilded cannons and a helm (not online at the moment so I can't get an accurate price but I know its more than 20k for all 4 pluse the helm) and then you spend your 18 rogue marks that you bought for 5k each to rename the ship sence that's being considered in the competition judging. This is a basic sloop WITHOUT furniture and the tab is already running at 120k without considering the actual cost of the sloop. Add that and were at 155k
-barcium

Original Huntard
[Edit 1 times, last edit by awright at Sep 18, 2011 8:07:30 PM]
[Sep 18, 2011 7:55:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Renaming a ship can cost alot of PoE and it seems rather unfair for that to be considered with the prize being so small.

I think you're missing the point. This isn't a contest for people who think that a plain ship is just fine. It's an excuse for people who like to bling out their ships to get out and do it. And/or a chance to show off a previously blinged-out ship.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Sep 19, 2011 4:54:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bross4

As much as it kills me,
I have to agree with Barcium on this one.

If the entry fee was smaller, than I'd consider this to be moreso a fun event, rather than an event at which we paid tons of poe for a small outcome.

I get, yes, that it's an excuse to bling your ships with a purpose, but I wouldn't pay 10k to do so, with a chance of winning.

Good event, good idea relatively overall.

Have fun, competitors:)
Warfrigates of Hunter
Royal of Always On Top
No matter the scenario.

I happen to love War Frigates.
[Sep 19, 2011 5:10:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bailet

As much as it kills me,
I have to agree with Barcium on this one.

If the entry fee was smaller, than I'd consider this to be moreso a fun event, rather than an event at which we paid tons of poe for a small outcome.

I get, yes, that it's an excuse to bling your ships with a purpose, but I wouldn't pay 10k to do so, with a chance of winning.

Good event, good idea relatively overall.

Have fun, competitors:)

Thanks mate, :P
[Sep 19, 2011 6:34:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Swinter9

Nice competition, I would enter but i'm no good at decorating.
Swinter on Hunter Ocean!

Part of Raiders/PCS
[Sep 19, 2011 8:15:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Missmelany

There has been many events like this in the past ran by oms. Some only winning trinkets.

I will take part :)
Melany

Awesome Avatar by Tilinka
[Sep 19, 2011 10:29:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Been locked out by updates again since Aug..
Would love to bling up my sloopie more!.. If I get on before the cut off date.. sigh!!
My Fav part of the game! Blinging!
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Sep 20, 2011 7:35:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bailet

I dont know if it will be possible if more people dont join, >:O
[Sep 22, 2011 6:39:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Texasborn

I personally will be entering a ship I have had for a couple of yrs. I have been slowly tweaking it with a rename, paint, furny, so I won't be spending that much right before the deadline. I love this idea!!! I might bring 2...
Texasborn
Captain of Titan's Rebirth
Monarch of Golden Destiny
Tex's music box
[Sep 24, 2011 9:08:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Preciousjewl

I will enter a sloop :)
I love looking at sloops with bling!
Awesome Avatar by the Awesome Gamerfrk - Thanx Gamer :):):):)
[Sep 27, 2011 5:00:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bailet

Cancelled.

Sorry mates, I had to cancel it due to not enough people to join. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Maybe in the future.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by bailet at Oct 1, 2011 7:53:22 PM]
[Oct 1, 2011 7:38:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

As I'm somewhat disappointed it's not going to happen, I'll run something similar in the near future. There will be a prize for first place; there will not be an entry fee. However, real life is going to tie me up for portions of the next three weekends, and I'm not sure when during each yet. So I can run something during the week-- which will probably mean doing it during times convenient for North America, but not the rest of the world-- or I can run it during a bit of open time during the weekends, but this may possibly mean limited advance notice-- or I can wait four weeks. Are there any opinions about which of those options is best?
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Oct 2, 2011 7:09:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates