• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 144
Posts: 144   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 25323 times and has 143 replies Next Thread
monstersoda

Re: On behalf of SmD Royals

With this merge on the horizon how is anything other than pillage goods (Cbs & Rum etc.) and perhaps paint for the player housing going to be of any use?

And why would you promote stalls? It's not going to pay for the upkeep of the island, all it's going to do is keep players like you happy for two seconds or at least until you find something else to your distaste.

Do yourselves a favour, eh.. why bother? ;]

If someone does not want to run an island they should not own an island. It is really quite simple and I am not sure why anyone is having difficulty in understanding that.

If you don't want to run a bakery, you don't open a bakery.

Simply saying no is pointless, as you can not deny common sense. Your dislike for it is a different mater, and I don't want to be a psychologist so I am not a psychologist.

Did I miss something? There seems to be this shallow belief that the entire game will change when the merger happens. This is not the case. Politics will change, some prices will change, but the economy will not morph into a mystical creature. Sitting doing nothing is just sitting and doing nothing, it is not preparation and it is not wise.

This whole continual rejection of basic ideas and a rejection in assisting the players that need the support of flags in order to get a footing in this game is rather sad. Please, do share what your goal is in this. I'm sure it is as silly as this notion of the lack of need to do anything.
----------------------------------------
Emmett
[Edit 2 times, last edit by monstersoda at Jan 16, 2012 6:03:43 PM]
[Jan 16, 2012 5:57:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taytaytatty

Thanks for the correction, thats very interesting.
Native of Malachite

Ye have received 1 piece of eight from Asuras.
Asuras says, "tay for normal clothes :P not for alkohol xD"

Flag Website
[Jan 16, 2012 6:41:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurrai

If someone does not want to run an island they should not own an island. It is really quite simple and I am not sure why anyone is having difficulty in understanding that.

So because an island is not running as you would have it, they should not be in control of it? I'm going to assume thats not the point you are trying to put forward but to be honest it's what I appear to gather, would I be alone in thinking this? hmm.

If you don't want to run a bakery, you don't open a bakery.

I don't want to run a bakery, no. I do however enjoy the profits and sweets that they yield, along with a reputation from my consumers and the people I compete with.

Did I miss something? There seems to be this shallow belief that the entire game will change when the merger happens. This is not the case. Politics will change, some prices will change, but the economy will not morph into a mystical creature. Sitting doing nothing is just sitting and doing nothing, it is not preparation and it is not wise.

This whole continual rejection of basic ideas and a rejection in assisting the players that need the support of flags in order to get a footing in this game is rather sad. Please, do share what your goal is in this. I'm sure it is as silly as this notion of the lack of need to do anything.

For Viridian nothing will change, Malachite however will experience the most change when you look at the comparison to every other ocean that is merged with their counterpart.

In the situation where all ideas and support are rejected the only clear cut choice you have is to indeed do nothing or to support another flag that intends on rectifying the issue you have.

And you said it, my goal is to simply do nothing, I have no ties with that island and I don't intend on having any either, Nightshade is what I would call my base of operations and it is run well to be honest, aside from the pets and Magicman's colourful changing Inn, nothing changes & to be honest that's enough for me ;].

And as you may or may not notice, I don't own stalls (aside from when I wanted to paint my property), playing the economy is a gamble with many things to factor, which can change from governor to governor, and if you gamble expect to lose. So yes if keeping my nose out of SMD's buisiness is silly then I'm guilty!
~ Hurrai on all Oceans

~ Avatar made by Brittaney
[Jan 16, 2012 8:54:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

So your point is that you have no point.

Fantastic.

As I said, flags should represent those whom can not represent their self and and take up the responsibility of such when they own an island.

Malachite's prices and politics will change, but the game will not. People will continue to play with the people they enjoy playing with, and the islands may switch hands. This is not important, as a fair amount of them are lacking governorship anyway.

So because an island is not running as you would have it, they should not be in control of it?

It would be nice to see flags running islands, then perhaps there would be something to disagree with. I spent time running islands, and it is something that others are invited to do.

If you suggest that governors should do nothing, than that is waste of gameplay opportunity. This would be like opening a new SMH, and then making it open to only to submarines.
Emmett
[Jan 16, 2012 9:04:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Fantastic.

Cool, Emmett is done, this thread may die now.
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Jan 17, 2012 10:37:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

Fantastic.

Cool, Emmett is done, this thread may die now.

Unless you went to his house Kamu, and tied his hands behind his back. It's never done with him.

I'm sorry you feel the need to forge chat logs in order to repudiate the policy of taking care of the people who use an island. I'm not quite sure how breaking ToS rules is going to help prove you are the voice of reason, but I digress,

Sorry, but you aren't that special that I'd waste that much time forging chat logs.
Did I forge this screenie too?

Tangosueno in the Meridian~~
Gallo says, "I barely ever have to move it myself anymore"

[Edit 4 times, last edit by Tangosueno at Jan 17, 2012 11:08:49 AM]
[Jan 17, 2012 10:43:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Ah, it is crew chat. So what exactly is the point then? I'm not quite sure how you imagine I have such a reputation on Viridian, when the quotes come from a group of people person you know, and not on /greeter chat, as you made it appear.

I do wish you spent your clearly invaluable time doing something productive, rather than keeping tabs on me. Although, I must once again admit, the attention is flattering.

Islands have a purpose is this game, the failure to run them is nothing more than laziness and ineptitude.
Emmett
[Edit 1 times, last edit by monstersoda at Jan 17, 2012 11:19:11 AM]
[Jan 17, 2012 11:17:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

Ah, it is crew chat. So what exactly is the point then? I'm not quite sure how you imagine I have such a reputation on Viridian, when the quotes come from a group of people person you know, and not on /greeter chat, as you made it appear.

I do wish you spent your clearly invaluable time doing something productive, rather than keeping tabs on me. Although, I must once again admit, the attention is flattering.

Islands have a purpose is this game, the failure to run them is nothing more than laziness and ineptitude.

I'm not really sure how this -
[12:25:51] S says, "Ignore him"
[12:25:55] S says, "He's being an barrelstopper"
[12:26:03] A says, "I know he is."
[12:26:13] A says, "just because he didn't get to do it lol"
[12:26:37] A says, "i've seen his forum p;osts."

Made it seem like i was trying to make it look like it was all in greeter chat. Clearly it doesn't say they greeter chatted that.

Actually, those weren't my screenies or chat logs. So don't flatter yourself. The person you were talking to, was in greeter chat. They just happened to be in the same crew as the person taking the screenie. I'm just showing everyone how incredibly ridiculous you really are, and you're making it quite fun. Obviously it bothered you or you wouldn't have said I forged chat logs. Maybe you should do something more valuable with your time instead of trying to let everyone know how bad you think that island is. It is pretty funny though how you need to point it out to everyone, even on the test ocean. Don't act like you're protecting people from the "scary bad island" because we all know thats bullcannon.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Tangosueno at Jan 17, 2012 11:34:22 AM]
[Jan 17, 2012 11:24:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

everyone

If the population is two, it is just you and me then. A scary world.

my

My point still stands.

bothered you

Responding to something does not imply being bothered.

bad

The only thing bad about Acanthaster Spits is the fact that it is not being run. No one other than SMD can change the build plan now. The islands needs to be run. The fact that the island is still not even a greenie spawn, which is a major part of SMD's build plan and was promised from the get-go is testament to the fact that there are problems.

protecting people

I'm afraid that I failed at that when I did not secure the blockade victory. That does not mean that the island should not be run, and I'm perfectly fine seeing you flip out at the mention of this.

bullcannon

I only see people saying that SMD has the right to do nothing, which I am not arguing with. I am saying that SMD should be working to make this island the very best on Malachite so as to give the population that plays here now both something to do and a chance of setting up a stable industry before our new ocean mates join us. Viridian's players set up their island and were rather civil about it because both sides had active plans to make the island grow. They disagreed on what to do, but they did something.

I'm eagerly awaiting the ocean expansion, but that does not mean that our Malachite ocean does not exist now. There is no pause button.
Emmett
[Jan 17, 2012 11:34:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

everyone

my

My point still stands.

bothered you

bad

The only thing bad about Acanthaster Spits is the fact that it is not being run. No one other than SMD can change the build plan now. The islands needs to be run. The fact that the island is still not even a greenie spawn, which is a major part of SMD's build plan and was promised from the get-go is testament to the fact that there are problems.

protecting people

I'm afraid that I failed at that when I did not secure the blockade victory. That does not mean that the island should not be run, and I'm perfectly fine seeing you flip out at the mention of this.

bullcannon

I only see people saying that SMD has the right to do nothing, which I am not arguing with. I am saying that SMD should be working to make this island the very best on Malachite so as to give the population that plays here now both something to do and a chance of setting up a stable industry before our new ocean mates join us. Viridian's players set up their island and were rather civil about it because both sides had active plans to make the island grow. They disagreed on what to do, but they did something.

I'm eagerly awaiting the ocean expansion, but that does not mean that our Malachite ocean does not exist now. There is no pause button.

I'm not saying it bothered you because you replied, did I? I'm saying it bothered you because you accused me of forging chat logs when you clearly knew I wasn't. Nice of you to try to stear away from that fact since it makes you look incredibly bad.

You don't really have a point, other than they aren't "doing anything on the island." When they've told you their plan is to wait. Thats their plan, they aren't changing it. It IS their island, they have a right to wait til the merge if they want to.
They won't run it how you would, get the scupper over it and stop whining about it to everyone on every ocean. You're way overly dramatic about this, it really isn't the end of the world. Most of us are sick and tired of your whining.

[Jan 17, 2012 11:42:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

everyone

my

My point still stands.

bothered you

bad

protecting people

bullcannon

Emmett
[Jan 17, 2012 11:58:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

[Jan 17, 2012 12:06:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

everyone

my

My point still stands.

bothered you

bad

protecting people

bullcannon

Emmett
[Jan 17, 2012 12:09:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

[Jan 17, 2012 12:16:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitchie101

Tango, why are you a woman on Viridian?
Mitch on Obsidian.
Mitchiie on Meridian and Emerald.
[Jan 17, 2012 12:20:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

Tango, why are you a woman on Viridian?

Why aren't you one?

[Jan 17, 2012 12:23:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitchie101

I prefer crossdressing.
Mitch on Obsidian.
[Jan 17, 2012 12:25:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decency

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again, you don't govern the island, nor do you have any power over SMD's decisions. I'm pretty sure by now that they understand your point of view, and I hope that you have at least listened to theirs. However, it really would make more sense to carry out SMD's plan rather than yours, considering the likelihood that we are going to be merging oceans sooner rather than later is quite high.

Yes, Malachite isn't quite through yet, but that doesn't mean that a flag shouldn't at least prepare its island/s for a new economy, new challenges, and a new ocean. They can exercise that right after all.

Geez, this is like a battle between Conservatives and Reformists....oh wait.... it is.
Decency: All over the place

Ions tells ye, "I'm going to have sex with my cat now."

Ions says, "I have always wanted to have sex with a penguin"

[Jan 18, 2012 4:52:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitchie101

The funny thing about this all is that if Emmett would have done what SMD did, people would rage. But because it is SMD, it is cool. No offense, but I think Malachite has become everyone vs. Emmett. Of course that has its reasons, but defending something what you would have attacked if it was someone else is a bit hypocritical.

This is not directed at anyone in particular.
Mitch on Obsidian.
[Jan 18, 2012 6:49:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decency

The funny thing about this all is that if Emmett would have done what SMD did, people would rage. But because it is SMD, it is cool. No offense, but I think Malachite has become everyone vs. Emmett. Of course that has its reasons, but defending something what you would have attacked if it was someone else is a bit hypocritical.

Indeed it is, but usually its Argosy vs Emmett. However, people are entitled to whatever opinion they please. I, myself don't really care much for this, but some other neutral parties might be more opinionated.
Decency: All over the place

Ions tells ye, "I'm going to have sex with my cat now."

Ions says, "I have always wanted to have sex with a penguin"

[Jan 18, 2012 7:09:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurrai

I think that the forums in general tend to generate that effect, not to mention that alot of the pirates are already part of the same community in-game or elsewhere.

To be honest I think Emmett and the community of pirates he plays with do a very good job of governing islands, so do SMD and its participants. I just found this particular approach was to my distaste, it came across as "If your not doing it my way then you are not doing it right", which I think really is not anybodys place to say, people make mistakes and we also learn from them, I don't feel a mistake is being made anywhere at this moment but thats just my opinion.

But heyyy I do like to think of myself as very neutral as you may have seen. ^_^
~ Hurrai on all Oceans

~ Avatar made by Brittaney
[Jan 18, 2012 8:19:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

My Emmett's life your entertainment.
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Jan 18, 2012 8:50:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

I don't believe they have done anything wrong. That's the problem. If Emmett had done "this" I wouldn't be raging at him. When I say "this" I mean build an Island the way he wanted to. If people were attacking him for it, I would be the first one to stick up for him. I don't hate him, I just think he needs to realize the way he speaks down to people all the time, maybe people would take him more seriously. Also, the fact he didn't get to build the island, he needs to get over. It is their island, I don't think they've destroyed it like he's putting it out to be.

Edit: This is my last post in this thread, no matter what he replies with. I'm done hearing it.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tangosueno at Jan 18, 2012 10:35:16 AM]
[Jan 18, 2012 10:16:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

people are entitled to whatever opinion they please

Sorry, that quote is odd.

The part that I find hard is that SMD is doing nothing, so it is hard to disagree with a policy when one does not exist.

I find it quite sad that many of us fought so hard for this island opener, where we all made tough choices about what to build but always agreed that the island needed to be run well, by anyone from Malachite, yet the island is now in this state.

You know what it looks like? SMD got their inn and a shoppe, and that's it. They promised to make this island a greenie spawn, something all three contenders agreed upon, yet they have put in no effort to do this. Yeah, most people don't have 250 alts. That is why you, as a governor, need to encourage people to home their alts there for one day. Once the greenie spawn starts, eight hours should be more than sufficient (Once the spawn turns on) to have a population of greenies large enough to maintain the spawn.

Has this been done? No. What is there to argue with here? They made a promise and did not keep it. It is just plain disregard for the ocean that fought for you in order for you, in turn, to fight for them and do everything you can to make Malachite's last new island amazing.

I do not care that I do no own Acanthaster. I've governed before, it is something I have already achieved. What I do care about is that SMD is not doing what they said they would in any degree, and are simply going to sit around until someone takes the island. That is not governing, that is plundering an island for buildings.

It is quite sad that people are so willing to defend these people, whom are unwilling to defend the people that need them the most. There are plenty of things you can do to run an island well without losing poe. Just because I didn't take profit out of help does not mean that SMD has to.

Why don't you spend some time defending the people that need your help, rather than supporting a flag that will not stand up and do what is right while you make excuses for them.
Emmett
[Edit 1 times, last edit by monstersoda at Jan 18, 2012 10:23:32 AM]
[Jan 18, 2012 10:21:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 144   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates