• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1457 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
lord_oll

Blockade Histories Reply to this Post

To say the blockade histories for all oceans are a little out of date is an understatement. I'm more than willing to go through and bring them up to date, however I would obviously need the data to upload. Anyone know of any magical place where this has been collected?

Cheers
----------------------------------------
Crimson Sloop Races!

Okaw on Hunter and Crimson
Darkollie on Cobalt
Okaw or Darkollie on the other oceans when I occasionally visit.
[May 28, 2017 4:03:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Blockade Histories Reply to this Post

This has been discussed before and I provided some data, but I can't seem to find the thread.

So, since 2013, I've been scraping the yoweb island info and I can generate a list of ever time the flag owning island has changed. This isn't everything you want and contains things you don't want. I can't tell you about failed blockades. I can't tell you the scores. I can't tell you the BK strength. This list includes things like island transfers. This also notes when a flag changes its name, although the flag id number doesn't change, so you can filter them out.

island flag changes cerulean 2017-05-28
island flag changes meridian 2017-05-28
island flag changes emerald 2017-05-28
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 28, 2017 6:05:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lord_oll

I'm very much of the view that something is better than nothing! I'll add a note saying "records from XX date to YY date incomplete" or similar as well.
Crimson Sloop Races!

Darkollie on Cobalt
[May 28, 2017 7:05:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

The YPPedia user/administrator Therobotdude used to keep the Blockade History articles up to date. He's disappeared for quite a while. :(

The last ones he did before suddenly stopping were Meridian Blockade History, Emerald Blockade History, and Cerulean Blockade History.

From what one can glean from the user's contributions, at here, he did some other edits before finally completely falling off the radar. :(

Anyway, enough about him.

I've been taking screenshots of Blockade scores almost every weekend, after the Cades are over. But there's definitely a loss of history before I started doing this. :(
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[May 28, 2017 8:36:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

island flag changes cerulean 2017-05-28
island flag changes meridian 2017-05-28
island flag changes emerald 2017-05-28

For these lists, I added the day-of-week after the date so that island transfers are more obvious. Turns out, some interesting things happen on Fridays. That appears to be when OMs like to move islands around among OM flags.

Also, it appears that a flag disbanded on a Friday. When a flag that owns islands disbands, the island reverts to being "uncolonized" and no longer can be accessed via yoweb. Apparently, the OMs eventually shift the islands over to BKs.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 28, 2017 9:17:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lord_oll

Okay, cheers for all the help. I have my last uni exam tomorrow evening, and then I shall make a start :)
Crimson Sloop Races!

Darkollie on Cobalt
[May 30, 2017 8:20:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates