• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3987 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
budclare2

Clothing decay testing Reply to this Post

I've been working my way through the clothing we don't have decay info for, but it'd take me ages to get through them all. So, if you can help with something (especially the octocorne, which I'd need an alt for, or the crown of chaos, which I hate), let me know.

I've been writing down the day I start (plus one, for the items that I racked when I got them), logging in every day, and checking their state. If you're not sure you'll be logging on every day, you'll have to make a note of every day you do log in.

The good news is, we have a handy decay chart, so we only need to count the days until the items turn to "good". These three are by far the most common, so if you get a different number, you probably booched. (I had to redo the kraken wig. Whoops.)

30: good on day 8
60: good on day 14
90: good on day 20

Not done yet (hats):
-crown of chaos
-enthralled mask
-notorious corsairs hat (in progress)
-octocorne
-samurai helmet
-shako (in progress)

Not done yet (torso):
-kraken tattoo (in progress)
-notorious corsairs coat (in progress)

Very few items have different rates for male and female, but if anyone feels like being thorough the checking the male version of these...

Checked female only:
-atlantean helmet (30)
-dread mask (60)
-golden conq. armor (90)
-high enlightened mask (30)
-knight's helm (60)
-qing hat (60)
-ruffian barrel (60)
----------------------------------------
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Edit 7 times, last edit by budclare2 at Sep 5, 2016 4:52:40 AM]
[Jul 25, 2016 4:46:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

Re: Clothing decay testing Reply to this Post

I'll help with the notorious corsairs hat and coat and anything else winnable new from smhs if I win them and they still need testing.
~Princessmg~
[Jul 27, 2016 6:38:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

This whole thing does make the assumption that all of the unknown items fall in a known cycle. Beware of stuff that might not (I remember Barrister having quite a bit of "fun" with that).
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Jul 27, 2016 9:44:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Princessmg wrote: 
I'll help with the notorious corsairs hat and coat and anything else winnable new from smhs if I win them and they still need testing.

Thanks!

Thunderbird wrote: 
This whole thing does make the assumption that all of the unknown items fall in a known cycle. Beware of stuff that might not (I remember Barrister having quite a bit of "fun" with that).

If you'd like to test them all until they dust, be my guest.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jul 28, 2016 1:31:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Happyboy223

Sounds fun and interesting I kinda wondered myself
After going through the section of decay in the Yarripedia I still
Wanted to know for myself
HAVE A HAPPY ADVENTURE YAR!!!!!

"work like a captain, play like a pirate"
[Jul 28, 2016 9:16:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

Ahoy there!

I was looking for a clothing decay thread and this is what I found which turns out to be a year old...

Please go ahead and make a new one if necessary.

In any case, wanted to say that when I logged on last night on Obsidian (July 15 pirate time), my bandana, which I got from... I think it was the learn about your items mission? dusted. Not sure if the free bandana really only lasts 15 days (I don't think I checked whether it was 'new' when I received it), but the bandana is listed under 30 days in yppedia. Could they have changed the decay rates of clothing?
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Opsat at Jul 15, 2017 6:34:38 PM]
[Jul 15, 2017 6:34:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

I just checked the Learn about yer items mission (aborted before the trade completed), and I note that the offered bandana is in good condition.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Jul 15, 2017 9:07:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

I just checked the Learn about yer items mission (aborted before the trade completed), and I note that the offered bandana is in good condition.

That might explain it then. Thank ye!
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Jul 16, 2017 5:33:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates