• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 386
Posts: 386   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 83259 times and has 385 replies Next Thread
Claudia

Re: Map of the Midnight Ocean Reply to this Post

Tinga has no market... it's forageable.
----------------------------------------
Utena of Revolutionary Crew Utena
[Nov 17, 2003 12:04:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

I've already fixed all the foragable islands in emerald, thanks Utena :)

I guess this means I should upload my progress more frequently.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Nov 17, 2003 2:38:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Strawberi

Mercano wrote: 
Time that could have been better spent: Me mate Steel and I put overhauled my 1280x1024 wallpaper. The new new new version can be found here. Have fun, mates.

I hope that you don't mind me using it and resizing it for 1024 and 800 and putting it on me website's wallpaper section? I did that for the first one too. Credit given where its due of course!

*EDIT:

Thumbnail:

http://www.snx8.net/Wallpapers/MidnightWallpaper1024.jpg
http://www.snx8.net/Wallpapers/MidnightWallpaper800.jpg

Can read credits here: http://www.snx8.net/Wallpapers.htm
[Nov 17, 2003 2:43:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://snx8.pitas.com [Link]  Go to top 
Mercano

No problem. I'll probably be updating it soon, as the map itself is getting out of date. Just need Steel to send me the final version of the .psd and see if GIMP will still open it.
Mercano, in need of a new .sig
[Nov 17, 2003 5:05:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Very pretty, Sunshine. Oh, and the map is fine too. ;)

Have ye thought of using the gemstone pictures under the archipelago names? (Search your .yohoho folder for "commod_gems.png", if ye haven't found it already.)
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Nov 17, 2003 6:44:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Do you know how much of a pain it is to guess the colours in PSP? ;)

That, and the fact that there are not currently gems for all archipelagos. If someone sends me pictures for Xi, and Eta, I can do Alpha and Epsilon myself though. Arch pictures no :) Gem pictures for greek letter islands, yes.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Nov 18, 2003 3:40:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

54x wrote: 
Do you know how much of a pain it is to guess the colours in PSP? ;)

Um... I use PSP myself. Isn't that what the eyedrop tool is for? :) Or am I missing some point?

That, and the fact that there are not currently gems for all archipelagos.

Ah, but there are. Check the commod_gems.png file I mentioned above - it has all the existing gems/archs in a nice alphabetized row, with Beryl in first place. Hmm, the next arch to open?

commod_gems_second.png (IIRC) has several more, including Amethyst, which is also a favorite of mine. (As long as it has quartz inclusions, so it looks like a stone; otherwise, it might as well be purple glass, IMO.)
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Nov 18, 2003 4:03:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Claudia

/me swoons at the amethyst appreciation.
Utena of Revolutionary Crew Utena
[Nov 18, 2003 4:06:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mercano

Starhawk beat me to it! However, I found some more artwork. For single gems, try \general\bundles-media-yohoho-general\media\yohoho\icons\items\gems\.

/me hopes devs don't mind we routing through the .yohoho folder.
[Nov 18, 2003 5:26:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Um... I use PSP myself. Isn't that what the eyedrop tool is for? :) Or am I missing some point?

Yes and no. It's vey hard to get the colours right without a screenshot, hence I have no idea what I'd need for opals, sapphires, etc... - or even which gem they are. I will put gem graphics near the capital islands though.
from Midnight.
[Nov 18, 2003 11:36:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Keeir

Yay, updated wall paper Reply to this Post

Here is mine and mercano's new edition of our wallpaper

Wallpaper Link

we swapped in Diamondblade's new map

and we added a border

Steel
[Nov 18, 2003 1:08:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tabbifli

Thank you for making something quite so useful.

If I may make a tiny suggestion.. could you add a date note when you update the map? Either a small date on the map itself (which I suspect many people would object to) or a note on the thread. The most recent subtle changes are very good for keeping current, but difficult to see sometimes to make sure the paper copy I have is current. :)
Oro

All But Malice : Forum Space for Independant Crews, Small Flags and Alliances.
[Nov 18, 2003 1:42:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.allbutmalice.org    tabbifli    melissatabbifli [Link]  Go to top 
Strawberi

Re: Yay, updated wall paper Reply to this Post

Keeir wrote: 
Here is mine and mercano's new edition of our wallpaper

Wallpaper Link

we swapped in Diamondblade's new map

and we added a border

Steel

Someone else's name I have to add to the credits! Will do!

hmm..but I'm not sure if I like the border.. And what happened to coral?

ps: What does the map update include? New routes or just how tough they are?
[Nov 18, 2003 2:40:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://snx8.pitas.com [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Yes. And skeletons. There's another location to add, (I forgot flow, d'oh) and a new route still. The problem with adding dates is that I've got only small changes left to make anyway...

I wuvs it sunshine, but it doesn't anti-alias. I'll update my one so you can at least copy the AA-ed bits.
from Midnight.
[Nov 18, 2003 8:25:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
jewles

Aye ye may have only small changes now but what happens when the devs change things like colonizing new islands, etc. Ye definatly should date the maps so we can all be sure we've go the latest.
[Nov 19, 2003 1:16:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

The devs won't be colonising new islands. We will. I'll mark things as colonised as soon as they have a bank, and as marketed if they're in a stage before that.
from Midnight.
[Nov 19, 2003 8:36:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
dime

Here is MY map of the Midnight Ocean. ;)

Closeups: Diamond, Emerald, Sapphire, Pearl, Coral, Opal, Jet, Ruby

Here is a large version I made by cutting and pasting screenshots. I had hoped that it would make a good wallpaper, but at 1556x1494, it didn't really. It's actual size.

If I'm missing any points, please let me know (in the form of a screenshot if possible).
[Nov 19, 2003 5:16:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

That is both useful and disturbing at the same time, heheheheh :)

You gonna be pleased to get out of that nav puzzle now, david? :)
from Midnight.
[Nov 19, 2003 6:21:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Tee_Beard

I am filled with admiration and envy.
Thesis
It’s kind of funny/sad how I still can find the thing that made me part of Y!PP canon.
[Nov 20, 2003 12:39:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mercano

Whats really amazing is that he is ONLY the third most traveled navigator.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dime

heh.. aye.. According to this post, Bubbablue is half way finished. Someone has spoken to me in game and also told me that he's also looking to finish all the routes, but he knows that Rifkind is behind him. All this assuming of course, that I do have all the routes. Perhaps a few more will sneak up.

As for the experience I can only say that it's probably because I schedule and plan my trips. I also make sure I never get intercepted so that I didn't have to redo any league points.

I didn't start until probably 2 weeks after midnight opened. I waited until my crew collected enough maps for me to make the long trips I'm used to. I think that Rifkind was #1 in experience and weighty when I started. I presume that she does a lot of navigating while just out for blood as well.
[Nov 21, 2003 7:03:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dime

Here's my NEW map of Midnight Ocean! ;)

No sense in taking screnshots of the closeups, but if you look real closely, you'll see I have 1 in coral, 1 in sapphire, 6 in diamond, 4 in emerald, and 4 in pearl.

[Nov 22, 2003 5:18:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dodongo77

i'm so sorry david.....
[Nov 22, 2003 6:01:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dime

It's a moot point to say it now (I just found out that the people who had them memorized got their leagues back). But I was alright with the changes. A bit of work, but I didn't really mind.
[Nov 22, 2003 11:20:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RbtCatt

My memerized routes just popped back up, I hope the same happens for you David. Excellent work.
Xtar
First Mate of Cozzin Chaos
Prince of the Flag Chaos
[size=10]Official Grimey Avatar
[Nov 22, 2003 11:22:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
drewmetoo

Diamondblade, yer map appears to be missing Remora -> Horshoe Crabs in the Sapphire Archipelago. Its 3 leagues direct.

cheers
For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century
But still, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral
I am the very model of a modern Major-General
[Nov 30, 2003 7:27:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Heheh, that's the third person to tell me :)

It's on the version I've got offline. I've got a couple more changes to sneak in before I upload here.

EDIT: The changes (including Cleaver's confirmation that difficulty is the same across all interarch routes) are now up. Keep that difficulty information, and any other forage information flowing in! The map is looking in pretty good shape, but I need a correct Diamond and Ruby, and all of the blue/teal/cyan routes before it can be called finished- and that's discounting the fact that the difficulty levels are gonna change.
from Midnight.
[Dec 1, 2003 11:40:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Updated again. Difficulty info is still appreciated, but my main focus is currently the commodity maps.
from Midnight.
[Jan 5, 2004 3:20:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Updated again. Please feel free to post comments in this thread, however information ABOUT the map is probably better off being PMed.
from Midnight.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
rroberts

I still need:

The last commodity for the following islands: Cnossos (stone?), Turtle, Winter Solstice, Oyster (cane?), Tinga, Guava, Emperor

The last two, or all of the commodity info for the following islands: Norse, Boyle, Namath, Dugong, Eclipse, Chaparral, Monsoon, Turongo, Delta, Verdant, Uxmal, Eta, Midsummer, Cranberry, Wrasse, Gaea, Ostreum, Tadpole, Nuptial.

Norse has Papagiote and Serandite
Boyle - Sugar Cane and Cubanite
Namath - Wood & Madder
Eclipse - Wood
Turongo - Nettle
Delta - Weld
Verdant - Madder & OM Beard
Uxmal - Cane & Nettle
Midsummer - Hemp & Nettle
Cranberry - Wood & Hemp
Tadpole - Hemp & Pokeweed

And that's all I know.

Sorry, didn't check further down the thread to see if anyone else had already put this!
[Jan 30, 2004 6:50:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chestertongrant.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 386   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates