• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 386
Posts: 386   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 83234 times and has 385 replies Next Thread
Chegg

Re: Map of the Midnight Ocean Reply to this Post

Verdant Atoll to Vernal Equinox is a very hard route, red worthy even.

~Chegg
[Nov 11, 2003 11:33:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Chegg069    Chegg069 [Link]  Go to top 
54x

And he says this five minute AFTER I've updated the map, heheheh :)

I'll put it on the list of things for the next update.
----------------------------------------
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Nov 11, 2003 11:41:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Dodongo77

I'd also like to confirm the existance of the Alpha - Winter map. We had one copy among the 8 or so boats in my crew thankfully.
[Nov 11, 2003 11:57:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Yeah, I've been convinced of its existance for quite some time.

I have a question for people who found it though: has anyone found it RECENTLY, or was it only found near the beginning of midnight? Previously it was said to be a bug by an OM (I'm not sure which) so it might not actually be a legal route...
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Nov 11, 2003 3:34:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Mercano

Time that could have been better spent: Me mate Steel and I put overhauled my 1280x1024 wallpaper. The new new new version can be found here. Have fun, mates.
Mercano, in need of a new .sig
[Nov 11, 2003 3:56:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

More time that could have been better spent:
Tiny
Small
Large

atteSmythe,
who noted a distinct lack of ascii in this thread

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Nov 12, 2003 3:32:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Baberaham

*blink* Reply to this Post

Oh... My....

that was quite an undertaking!
~ Tehanu
Damsel of The Cartographers
[Nov 12, 2003 3:37:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    orbabe1@yahoo.com    orbabe1 [Link]  Go to top 
ultima7

for those of you looking for the Alpha/Winter map, go to the chart sticky in the Bazaar, there are people willing to chart the course for people to memorize for a resonable price.
Argyle
[Nov 12, 2003 3:58:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mercano

OK, I think atteSmythe has just taken the cake. Now if I can just play Puzzle Pirates at a terminal...
Mercano, in need of a new .sig
[Nov 12, 2003 5:18:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
drewmetoo

54x wrote: 
Yeah, I've been convinced of its existance for quite some time.

I have a question for people who found it though: has anyone found it RECENTLY, or was it only found near the beginning of midnight? Previously it was said to be a bug by an OM (I'm not sure which) so it might not actually be a legal route...

We have 1 copy between 4 boats. From memory we got the map at the very start of midnight, ie in the first day or two, coz its been round quite a while. In fact, one of our earliest maps. I've long had it memorized it, as its quite a useful one.
For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century
But still, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral
I am the very model of a modern Major-General
[Nov 12, 2003 6:32:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

OK, so I'm thinking this probably isn't what you'd technically call a 'legal' route. Wonder how another one slipped in?
from Midnight.
[Nov 12, 2003 8:57:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Syllabic

From what I've seen, each arch has 1 very hard route, 1 or 2 hard routes, 1 easy route and the rest are green. This is the case for the 6 arches I've travelled thoroughly. From what I can remember:

Diamond: Very hard: Alpha-Byrne, Hard: Turtle-Papaya, Papaya-Byrne
Sapphire: Very hard: Verdant-Vernal, Hard: Remora-Beta, Beta-Verdant
Coral: Very hard: Angelfish-Meke, Hard: Monsoon-Durian, Durian-Angelfish (?) I think
Ruby: Very hard: Jorvik-Luthien, Hard: Jorvik-Eta, Eta-Luthien
Emerald: Very hard: Wrasse-Guava, Hard: Gaea-Guava, Epsilon-Gaea
Pearl: Very hard: O'Reilly to Pearls (I believe)
unsure about the other two in pearl, O'Reilly to pearls may just be a hard.
Armistice, trader extraordinaire
[Nov 13, 2003 12:12:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Arrindier [Link]  Go to top 
trevtherev

Christians????????????? Reply to this Post

color=red]I know this isnt even partlialy relevant to what ye has been talking about but i have been wondering is there any other christians out there in puzzle pirates if there is can ye please speak up have a nice day:)[
[Nov 13, 2003 10:46:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Hey trev, I think you'd have more luck if you posted that as a new thread in shore leave or piratical parley :) (probably shore leave)

As you said it isn't really relevant to this topic, and it'll get more attention if you post it in its own thread in the relevant forum.
from Midnight.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Vgnight

ALpha to winter is an ileagal map. Cleaver accidently stuck it in there the first day then quickly i think the next day or so recalled it.
[Nov 13, 2003 7:44:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    vgnight    vgnight [Link]  Go to top 
54x

That explains the OM's comment then. It's so cool cleaver! Can we have it official again? :) (I guess it unbalances the layout, but you could have it only able to be found on a full moon or something ;) )

Anyone able to confirm the last few grey routes? I'll dig the skelly head graphics up myself later, from a search or something. I'll add the difficulty ratings above to.

Suggestions are as always welcome- this is a resource for you, so I'll put up any ligitimate information people want on it that I can fit.
from Midnight.
[Nov 13, 2003 9:04:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
akellyacct

Cleopatra's Pearls does not have a market. It is forageable.
[Nov 13, 2003 10:52:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

I knew I had missed one of my intended changes! Thanks a lot- you'll notice I have Uxmal down correctly as foragable, as well. It's hard to tell. I think Jet will also need some confirmation on this...
from Midnight.
[Nov 13, 2003 11:25:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
akebia

Vgnight wrote: 
ALpha to winter is an ileagal map. Cleaver accidently stuck it in there the first day then quickly i think the next day or so recalled it.

Oh no, man, it's in my head! I can't get it out! Thought crime!

Hey, wait, Cleaver, it was an accident-- I didn't know it would be illegal-- I just charted-- David said-- Wait! No! Don't put me in that thing! No, my brain, my precious brain... I donate all my poe to my flag so my brain is all I havvvaaAAARGA[size=9]GRAHGR[size=7]RGHH...

Hey, this looks like a nice island. I wonder what goods it produces.
[Nov 13, 2003 11:53:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

If you're at the one I'm hoping you're at: Nettle, Hemp, and Sugar Cane >:)

If ye know anything at all about me favorite island, ye know exactly where I mean.
from Midnight.
[Nov 14, 2003 12:16:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Syllabic

There are no islands with markets outside of Diamond and Emerald.
Armistice, trader extraordinaire
[Nov 14, 2003 2:47:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Arrindier [Link]  Go to top 
Keeir

Actually Reply to this Post

Actually from now on, all the letter islands have markets
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mnemosyne
OceanMaster

Actually, as of the November 14th update, the only new markets added on Midnight are on Xi and Eta.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keeir

Noooo Reply to this Post

this means no opals

sniff sniff

I want opals
[Nov 14, 2003 5:00:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Re: Noooo Reply to this Post

Keeir wrote: 
this means no opals
sniff sniff
I want opals

I have Opals, but you can't have them.

atteSmythe,
Captain, Black Opal

[Nov 14, 2003 5:03:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Black ones, or yellow ones?

I'm about to update the map with the new markets (and sans the ones that don't exist) and a couple of new routes sent to me.
from Midnight.
[Nov 14, 2003 5:27:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Alpha-Winter either isn't illegal, or is still booched. We just pillaged one within the last couple days. I know this because one of my SOs has (had) Diamond completely memorized. We took his ship out for a cuople days, and suddenly, he had a new route to memorize. Turns out it was Alpha-Winter.

With dynamic brigands, I find it highly unlikely that this has just been sitting on a brigand ship since the servers were spawned three weeks ago...

atteSmythe,
commencin' to memorizin' that map.

[Nov 17, 2003 3:40:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Can I borrow it when you're done? ;)
from Midnight.
[Nov 17, 2003 3:46:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Now that we're not poe-scrambling so much, just send a /tell sometime, and I'll sail the route with ye while ye memorize it.

atteSmythe,
more than willing to sail such a short route with a friend

[Nov 17, 2003 3:49:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Hey, cool, thanks :)
from Midnight.
[Nov 17, 2003 3:58:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 386   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates