• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 386
Posts: 386   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 83214 times and has 385 replies Next Thread
LongJohnGrey

Re: Map of the Midnight Ocean Reply to this Post

Look south of turtle, in the middle of the blue.
----------------------------------------
Re: Market on Scurvy Reef:
Hypnos wrote: 
I didn't realize it was such a hot forage spot until I dropped it and three pirates showed up on the island in quick succession.
And it wasn't even 9 spaces from the arrow :-).
[Jun 15, 2004 12:50:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WhoIsYou

LJG means one of the small marks connecting to league points that aren't connected by charts, but you can chart through them. Perhaps rotated 90 degrees is a better description than twisted.

And also I've been attacked by reds on Lynx-Olivia.
WhoIsYou
- Scurviest dog in the sea (Could ye spare an orange?)
[Jun 15, 2004 12:55:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

I've been camping on Meke for a while now and I don't think I've ever gotten Thornite there. Can't you get it?
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Jun 15, 2004 1:01:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

LJG means one of the small marks connecting to league points that aren't connected by charts, but you can chart through them. Perhaps rotated 90 degrees is a better description than twisted.

Ah, gotcha, it's facing the wrong way. I'll look out for it :)

And also I've been attacked by reds on Lynx-Olivia.

Will update! That's red route #5.

I've been camping on Meke for a while now and I don't think I've ever gotten Thornite there. Can't you get it?

I've been informed more than once that there is Thorianite there, so I would preferably like a much more conclusive report than that, as it's possible you've simply missed it.

Oh, and as a belated answer:

Am I reading Wrasse as Lobella and Nettle?

Not if you're seeing it right. It should read as Lobelia and Pokeweed Berries. (Lobelia's not got a use yet, but pokeweed berries are great if you have a monger nearby that pays decent for herbs)
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Jun 15, 2004 5:39:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

I mainly need difficulty data for jet, coral, sapphire, pearl, and opal now. There's a new map coming.

On Monsoon-Durian (almost positive, if not it was the first league of Monsoon-Angelfish) I've been nailed by an orange and a yellow.

Don't think I've been attacked by anything non-green in Pearl. I know that doesn't substantively help you, but I don't suspect too many hard routes there.
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Jun 16, 2004 12:01:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

There are hard routes from Cleo in Pearl, last I heard, but thanks... I'll set the rest to green for now.

That's the diagonal route off the eastern side of monsoon, yes? If so, I'll mark monsoon-turongo as yellow.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Jun 16, 2004 12:00:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

I may have just gotten lucky out of Cleo. Heck, I may have just gotten lucky out of Pearl. :)

Monsoon/Durian is the one straight out, to the right, at 3:00. Monsoon/Angelfish is at about 1:30.
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Jun 16, 2004 11:25:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Monsoon/Durian is the one straight out, to the right, at 3:00.

Is that one still spawning, or do you have it memmed? It's on my list of "illegal" routes, as the devs called them :)
from Midnight.
[Jun 17, 2004 12:44:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

I'm memming it; it's not spawning.

It may also have been on Monsoon-Turongo (gah! my last post should also have said Turongo, not Angelfish! My apologies.)
Fujiko on Cerulean.
[Jun 17, 2004 1:48:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keeir

Re: Island Labeling Reply to this Post

Suggestion, make the circle icon for greenie able islands (I believe that requires Palace, Market, Inn, Bank, hrm what else...) because you mark several islands with a triangle which have had palaces (supposedly the requirement for a circle) for a few weeks.

/me shrugs

And thank you for providing such a wonderful and updating map of the ocean. I find your maps Absolutely Essential.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Suggestion, make the circle icon for greenie able islands (I believe that requires Palace, Market, Inn, Bank, hrm what else...) because you mark several islands with a triangle which have had palaces (supposedly the requirement for a circle) for a few weeks.

I can't. I don't know what the requirement IS for an island to accent greenies.

EDIT: Just to confirm this: Apparantly my requirement for a circle is pretty much synonymous with accepting greenies- it's just that certain islands (it may be all islands other than the original 7, I don't know) have a bug stopping them from spawning greenies.

So you got your wish, anyway :)
from Midnight.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by 54x at Jun 18, 2004 9:29:15 PM]
[Jun 18, 2004 9:29:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
genlang

Epsilon to Emperor: Cyan Reply to this Post

I can confirm that the the two leagues out from Eps towards Emp can be shaded cyan. I kept getting attacked by the cyan buggers while memming today. (My copy of the yppforagexxl.png file only has the first league shaded, and it's hard to tell what shade it is)

And I add my thanks for this really big version. Dare I hope someday there'll be an even BIGGER version? :) (With this one, though, I can tell the difference between stone, iron, and chalcocite! Yay!)
Arabella @ Azure, Midnight, Ice, Cobalt, & Viridian
[Jun 20, 2004 6:09:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

And I add my thanks for this really big version. Dare I hope someday there'll be an even BIGGER version? :) (With this one, though, I can tell the difference between stone, iron, and chalcocite! Yay!)

Now, if I remember correctly, you wanted more distinct commodity graphics? I'll annotate the large one with letters and numbers, if that helps?
from Midnight.
[Jun 20, 2004 9:11:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
genlang

That's a good question. The XXL version, I can tell almost all the comms apart, but I have less colorblindness than most. I still have trouble with the herbs, though.

I think labeling the comms, with crisp numbers or letters, instead of/in addition to the graphics would be useful. I'm a little afraid of how cluttered the map might get with both numbers AND graphics, though.

A pure black and white version or grey-tones version, would also be useful for the severely color-blind, with letters instead of graphics.
Arabella @ Azure, Midnight, Ice, Cobalt, & Viridian
[Jun 21, 2004 3:31:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

The colours on the map at the moment aren't really nessecary to use it, EXCEPT in the case of the forage one.

I'll do a letters-only version later on.

For now, I've just updated with the changes we can see in Diamond and Emerald due to the market bidding release.
from Midnight.
[Jun 22, 2004 7:32:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
elderp

Where can one find skellies?
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

It's on at least one of the map keys, but you can find them on any islands that are marked with diamonds. (ie. any island with no buildings on it, or any island that you can forage on)
from Midnight.
[Jun 29, 2004 5:45:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
elderp

I checked out your site it was very informative. I got to Ost. all the time and never knew there were monsters there. Thanks. Do you just go on the island and find them there?
[Jun 29, 2004 5:51:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

The way you'll know is that when you leave your ship and set foot on the island, it will be cursed with darkness. This darkness lifts when you defeat the Monsters. :)
from Midnight.
[Jun 29, 2004 6:16:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
elderp

How often do they appear on the isles?
[Jun 30, 2004 8:39:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

No specific idea, although I imagine it wouldn't be too often, to avoid free swords and clothes gumming up the economy.
from Midnight.
[Jun 30, 2004 8:48:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
GageKronos

Heh...not sure how often the skellies appear on the islands, but there was about 7 days running when people from my flag found them and began organizing groups to take them out.

They're probably out there SOMEWHERE at any given time, you just have to find them.
~Gage
Pirate of A Crew of Our Own (Viridian)

A+ C P- LB-| GD+ !D Cp+ Bl+>++ Sa++ Gu++ SF+ N+ Bn>++ Dr+>++ R+ Al++ Sh B-(--) F++ Cl(++) Sp++ SpN+(++)/+
[Jul 1, 2004 8:08:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

GageKronos wrote: 
Heh...not sure how often the skellies appear on the islands, but there was about 7 days running when people from my flag found them and began organizing groups to take them out.

They're probably out there SOMEWHERE at any given time, you just have to find them.

There is always a time between beating them and reappearing, but I would imagine apart from that, you are correct.
from Midnight.
[Jul 1, 2004 8:18:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
drummunki

Skellies Reply to this Post

Just a quick note Skellies have been fought at Dugong also.

:)

Drumunki
Officer, Annihilating Accipiters
Lord, Flag Of Convenience
Captain: Screaming Eels
A++, C++, P+, L@, GD+, D, Cp+, Bl+, Sa-, Gu+, SF, N+++, Bn+, Dr, R++, Al++, Sh, BP-), F+.
[Jul 12, 2004 10:51:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.ofconvenience.org    seykaldiss2002@yahoo.com    drumyrr [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Re: Skellies Reply to this Post

drummunki wrote: 
Just a quick note Skellies have been fought at Dugong also.

:)

Drumunki
Officer, Annihilating Accipiters
Lord, Flag Of Convenience

All diamond-shaped islands on my map can have skellies appear on them. This is a known gameplay mechanic. There is no longer any need to list where skellies can spawn, so long as I update the map for new triangle-shaped islands.
from Midnight.
[Jul 13, 2004 7:25:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Updat for you If you didn't alredy know

I just went foraging and found some Sugar cane on Durian
[Jul 25, 2004 4:57:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
jamael

most expensive Reply to this Post

You seem to have the whole world mapped, thank ye because I had no idea where everything was.

Since you seem to be an expert, what is the most precious and expensive thing to forage for, and what island is it on?
[Aug 2, 2004 3:34:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ivazquez

Leushite, and it's indicated fairly clearly on the maps.
Indeed wrote: 
You people are like hare krishnas. What do i have to do , beat you over the head?

[Aug 2, 2004 3:38:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Lorandite's more expensive than leushite, last i looked.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Aug 2, 2004 3:40:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

Lorandrite is the most expensive foraging item followed by Yarrow. The most expensive item is Kraken's blood which makes the black clothing. These are winable/foragable items and I'm not counting ships.
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Aug 2, 2004 3:48:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 386   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates