• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 386
Posts: 386   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 83239 times and has 385 replies Next Thread
Rappak

Re: Map of the Midnight Ocean Reply to this Post

No, it's definately NOT a dead route. I pillaged 5 of them in one night. It was really strange.
----------------------------------------
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Jun 3, 2004 5:32:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

It was never a dead route, nor is it a rare one. As far as I know, it's exactly as hard to get as any other inter-arch map.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Jun 3, 2004 8:43:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

I think Spring - Tinga should be yellow. I've been hit quite a few times by yellows on that route (and once even by a red, but I think that was just a bad stroke of luck).
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[Jun 3, 2004 11:02:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Will change. Thanks.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Jun 3, 2004 1:26:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

hm.. From the Spring to Tinga route, I've just been attacked by greens. I don't remember any yellows....

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
[Jun 3, 2004 1:46:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whiplash

Couple things I noticed about yer Commod maps, Turtle does not produce Iron or hemp, Only Wood and Stone if I'm not mistaken. Same with winter, no hemp there.

Dmentia bows to the wisdom of Whiplash.

[Jun 3, 2004 7:44:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Okay, cool. That's probably confusion from early midnight, where hemp was in incredible surplus and the markets had to start buying it. Will remove. Thanks.
from Midnight.
[Jun 3, 2004 8:42:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Jacktheblack

The last several times I have done the Alpha-Winter Route I have been hit just by greenies.
[Jun 3, 2004 10:07:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jacktheblackypp    samergamer [Link]  Go to top 
miceless

Im fairly sure that Turtle does produce Iron.
[size=11]miceless
[size=9]Officer of the crew Sinking Feelings
Member of the flag Widows and Orphans
[Jun 3, 2004 10:20:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Im fairly sure that Turtle does produce Iron.

Yeah, I'd already confirmed that. I didn't even see it in his post actually, but yes, unless I'm greatly mistaken, Turtle produces iron.
from Midnight.
[Jun 3, 2004 10:21:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

Turtle does produce iron in very small quantities... mainly in batches of multiples of 4... Ok! I'm guilty! I buy it just as it comes out!

[Jun 4, 2004 12:12:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whiplash

Ah yer right, my booch. Aye it is in very small quantities that iron is produced hence why ye never see it on the market. Plus with the distill and shipyard stalls now it probably never lasts more than a couple seconds.

[Jun 4, 2004 1:43:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
54x

hm.. From the Spring to Tinga route, I've just been attacked by greens. I don't remember any yellows....

That's the problem with marking a route green. Many routes are yellow, orange, or red, but it's hard to tell until you get (un)lucky.

I mainly need difficulty data for jet, coral, sapphire, pearl, and opal now. There's a new map coming.
from Midnight.
[Jun 4, 2004 10:00:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

I can tell you now, like Ruby is mostly red, opal is mostly yellow. I just now got quite a few charts for that area, and I've seen quite a few yellow (sea lords.. darn them to heck!) attack. I'll start noting the charts as I go as I"m going to be travelling there quite abit now.

EDIT ::

Also, is there a way you can make the commodities map bigger and darker, or make it darker and use numbers for commodities? I'm blind as a bat and the lightness kills my eyes when looking at it with all that white.
Nemesis wrote: 
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 

[Jun 6, 2004 12:37:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Bigger is in the works, so is one for people who can't tell the difference between various commodity graphics.

As for opal: Specific routes please. Ruby isn't mostly red, it's actually mostly orange, it just has three specific red routes, all that are routes to/from L?thien.
from Midnight.
[Jun 6, 2004 12:53:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

hm... Yesterday while I was meming Jorvik to Luthern, I only got attacked by green-yellows. about 5 of them and no reds. Strange.

[Jun 6, 2004 1:04:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Let me explain this again: A coloured route reflects the maximum (ore minimum, if the colour is below green) difficulty of brigand that will attempt to engage. It is still altogether possible to experience periods of only greens on more difficult routes. For a route to be downgraded, I need consistant reports from multiple sources that it is in fact not as high as I thought.
from Midnight.
[Jun 6, 2004 1:08:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

hm... ok. I'll pm or post to you my findings as I mem more.

[Jun 6, 2004 1:16:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

54x wrote: 
As for opal: Specific routes please. Ruby isn't mostly red, it's actually mostly orange, it just has three specific red routes, all that are routes to/from L?thien.

THat's the blind part again.

Anywyas, like I said, going to work on it, and note them as I travel in that area again.
Nemesis wrote: 
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 

[Jun 6, 2004 7:05:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spongebob_IB

ok i need the maps for XI and up if you got them i will buy tell me on Pigo

TELL: PIGO[/quote]

[Jun 10, 2004 7:16:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

You wanted to post in that thread, because this one is actually about visually representing the ocean, rather than trading charts. (which some people still call maps)
from Midnight.
[Jun 10, 2004 7:59:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
ivazquez

Just found Old man's beard at Zeta.
Indeed wrote: 
You people are like hare krishnas. What do i have to do , beat you over the head?

[Jun 13, 2004 3:08:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Hmmm. Interesting. I'll add it.
from Midnight.
[Jun 13, 2004 10:17:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Whiplash

Oooo I love the new X-Large map Diamondblade. Makes it a lot easier to distinguish the different types of islands.

[Jun 14, 2004 1:15:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
ivazquez

EXTRA large?! Sweet!
Indeed wrote: 
You people are like hare krishnas. What do i have to do , beat you over the head?

[Jun 14, 2004 3:00:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

The dumb thing was that I named the large map yppmidnightxl, so now I have to call the extra large one yppmidnightxxl, which is kinda confusing.

The new one is MAINLY for traders who want to see the commodities more clearly, but it'll also help out for the folks who keep their monitors above 1024x768.
from Midnight.
[Jun 14, 2004 6:25:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
ivazquez

Actually, It's the only one that doesn't completely show on my screen at 100% mag (I run at 1600x1200). But thanks for it, much appreciated.
Indeed wrote: 

[Jun 14, 2004 7:09:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Er... I'm thinking of help in terms of "make the icons big enough to be seen."
from Midnight.
[Jun 14, 2004 8:27:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
LongJohnGrey

Ok, looking at the new extra large map:

First, the status of the islands is MUCH easier to read. Thank you.

Second, the flowers:
Tadpole and Frond are very hard to tell apart. I'm guessing that it's pokemon berries and nestle chocolate, but I'm not certain.

Am I reading Wrasse as Lobella and Nettle?

Third, can the legend on the right list the flowers by the flower shape/color, rather than by the usage?

Finally, can you make the route lines thicker, so that the color shows up better? I know that Ruby is mostly orange, but Jorvik/Eta is the only one that looks orange to me.

Ohh -- I just realized that the arch names aren't there. I know some of them -- Emerald, Diamond, Ruby, but I don't know which is Jet, Coral, etc.

Thank you again, and thanks for straightening out that twisted line.
(oh, it's still twisted at http://www.planetdiablo.com/newdawn/yppmidnightxl.png )
Re: Market on Scurvy Reef:
Hypnos wrote: 
I didn't realize it was such a hot forage spot until I dropped it and three pirates showed up on the island in quick succession.
And it wasn't even 9 spaces from the arrow :-).
[Jun 15, 2004 7:31:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

I don't get what you mean about with the twisted line?

Ohh -- I just realized that the arch names aren't there. I know some of them -- Emerald, Diamond, Ruby, but I don't know which is Jet, Coral, etc.

Will do. How silly of me to forget.

Third, can the legend on the right list the flowers by the flower shape/color, rather than by the usage?

They're actually currently listed by rough order of value, although it's a little out of date and madder and cowslip need to be moved up.

Finally, can you make the route lines thicker, so that the color shows up better? I know that Ruby is mostly orange, but Jorvik/Eta is the only one that looks orange to me.

It'd be a pain, but it's possible. FYI, only red route in Ruby are the ones that connect to L?thien.
from Midnight.
[Jun 15, 2004 12:11:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 386   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates