• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 386
Posts: 386   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 83231 times and has 385 replies Next Thread
miceless

Re: Map of the Midnight Ocean Reply to this Post

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the large map with commodity info?
----------------------------------------
[size=11]miceless
[size=9]Officer of the crew Sinking Feelings
Member of the flag Widows and Orphans
[Mar 16, 2004 1:40:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
goodmanj

Aye, it's been booched for months now. I think Diamondblade or his ISP doesn't want to host such a big image. Which is a real shame, because the commodity icons are too weensy to read easily on the small map.
Argonaut
Senior Officer, Six Leagues Under, Heavens Aligned
Fleet Officer, Sweet Pillage and Mayhem, Cobalt
[Mar 16, 2004 2:15:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
miceless

How big is the file? Ill host it if someone can get it to me.
[size=11]miceless
[size=9]Officer of the crew Sinking Feelings
Member of the flag Widows and Orphans
[Mar 16, 2004 2:56:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DrunknBfly

The one I'm curious about is Alpha-Papaya. Did it exist? Did anybody memorise it? I just want to *see* it! I wouldn't tell anybody, I wouldn't even ask you to chart it for me so I could memorise it. But I'd just love to see the league points that I don't know are there.
Pierut of Crimson Tide, formerly Looterati, not dead.

Shinrai tells you, "zomg u r an om i meen loot"

[Mar 23, 2004 3:42:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://magiccheese.pyen.com/    Ravenlarke [Link]  Go to top 
54x

That's the weird thing. It seems to be SELECTIVELY booched. I can now see everything on that server, but perhaps only because my ISP has cached it for me. Everyone else says it's booched and they get errors. I'll be happy to send out files to anyone who wants to mirror them, and I'll see about getting around to updating maps.html on elemental on friday, when I have time.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

Dragging a question over from the Desktop thread, you, 54x, asked me what size I would like to see the forage chart.

My desktop is 1024x768 but I like borders, so for a forage chart 800x600 or a little bigger without exceeding the 768 length would probably suit my needs though that may make the font a little small.

Also you touched on making the Commodity legend larger, and I agree the lil pic of the comms don't need to be larger I was more indicating a desire for the font to be. :)

You do us a great service by producing these charts and I thank you greatly. My suggestions are just that, suggestions. I will be happy with anything you give us. :) Again, thank you.
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Apr 8, 2004 3:26:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
54x

My desktop is 1024x768 but I like borders, so for a forage chart 800x600 or a little bigger

http://www.planetdiablo.com/newdawn/forage1280.jpg

D'oh :)

I can do 1024x768 in the large size with the large font, but it won't be pixel-perfect. Will upload and edit when done :)
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Apr 8, 2004 3:56:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
LongJohnGrey

Aye, I suspect that I'm not the only one that uses the 1280 desktop map as a reference, just because it's the largest. (I didn't answer on the desktop thread because over there you asked about people who used it as a wallpaper. I don't, so didn't.)

Oh -- Can you explain the difference between a solid red route and a dotted red route?

Long John
Re: Market on Scurvy Reef:
Hypnos wrote: 
I didn't realize it was such a hot forage spot until I dropped it and three pirates showed up on the island in quick succession.
And it wasn't even 9 spaces from the arrow :-).
[Apr 8, 2004 9:23:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mercano

I've finally gotten arround to updateing my map wallpaper. Diamondblade's version is a bit too dark for me, and I havn't gotten a chance to look at Nikells's version. Its one size fits all, 1280x1024.
Mercano, in need of a new .sig
[Apr 8, 2004 1:06:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

It's much harder to make a diagonal route look dotted. That's the difference :D I'll change that for the next release though, it has been bugging me- the fix I've used in my iconic toolbox is to alternatively use 50% transperant versions of the same colour, so that the graphic looks more consistant.

For a reference, you should use the "large," non-desktop versions. They are quicker to load, higher quality, and clearer to see. They're also cropped to a better size than the 1280x1024 ones are, so there's not as much scrolling. The actual map content comes in TWO basic sizes, small and large. (large ones are marked with -xl on the filename)

For the wallpapers, 800x600 is a downsized small map, 1024x768 (and 1280x980) is a downsized large map, and 1280x1024 is a large map with extra space around the borders.

Mercano- your wallpaper is nice, but it has irritating white aliasing around the sides when you do it because my icons are made for a white background. Easiest solution here is to place the map you're using onto a new layer and have it multiply. That automatically makes all the white and partial white transperant, plus it makes the colours look more like dyed parchment.

Also: I am now looking to finish off documenting the difficulty. If you get attacked by any brigand other than a green on any route, and the route is listed as a difficulty closer to average than the colour you got attacked by, please pm it to me. This allows me to document the maximum difficulty of brigands that can attack you on any route. Note that lower Diamond is marked as cyan, not as grey, and that I'm not 100% sure about southern emerald being green, but I'm pretty sure.
from Midnight.
[Apr 8, 2004 7:36:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
LongJohnGrey

54x wrote: 
It's much harder to make a diagonal route look dotted. That's the difference :D

Let me be more specific.

Looking at the Xl 1100x1000 map

Between Wrasse and Guava you have both thick solid red and dotted red on the straight, and thin solid red on the diagonal.

Between Guava and Epsilon, all diagonals, you have both thick and thin dotted green.

Between Winter and Oyster, you have three different diagonal ... teal?

Between Turtle and CnossOs you have a diagonal line that is in the wrong slant direction. (Date on my copy is April 8th).

EDIT: Fixed the spelling of my new home island. :-)
Hypnos wrote: 
I didn't realize it was such a hot forage spot until I dropped it and three pirates showed up on the island in quick succession.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LongJohnGrey at Apr 12, 2004 6:09:59 AM]
[Apr 12, 2004 6:09:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spinn

LongJohnGrey wrote: 
Between Turtle and Cnosses you have a diagonal line that is in the wrong slant direction. (Date on my copy is April 8th).

Cnossos. With an O.
And thus, the message is concluded.
[Apr 12, 2004 6:29:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.spinnwebe.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
pikax

Of course you all do know that hovering your mouse over the small one creates this little image with 4 arrows pointing outwards and that by clicking that it becomes substantially bigger and easier to read?

EDIT: Sorry was talking about this one

http://www.planetdiablo.com/newdawn/forage1280.jpg

Pikaxs - Fleet Officer in Piece o' Rum,
Member of Lunar Bin
[Apr 12, 2004 7:47:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LongJohnGrey

I think that "resizing' thingy is specific to using internet explorer to look at images. More specifically, I don't recall that behavior in IE 5 or 5.5, and it's annoying as heck in 6.0.

Long John
who uses the picture and fax viewer while playing YPP
Hypnos wrote: 
[Apr 13, 2004 2:18:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

LongJohnGrey wrote: 
I think that "resizing' thingy is specific to using internet explorer to look at images. More specifically, I don't recall that behavior in IE 5 or 5.5, and it's annoying as heck in 6.0.

Tools->Internet Options...

Select "Advanced" tab. Scroll down to "Multimedia" group. Uncheck the box that says "Enable Automatic Image Resizing"

atteSmythe,
who also found it annoying

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Apr 13, 2004 3:01:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Between Wrasse and Guava you have both thick solid red and dotted red on the straight, and thin solid red on the diagonal.

Ah, I get you. The bold anti-aliased and coloured (or grey) lines, as it says on the smaller map's key, are purchaseable. These got removed from the larger key when I was making it easier for me to copy and paste the map elements, because it's irritating to pixel-draw them for the larger one.
from Midnight.
[Apr 13, 2004 3:33:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Feldegast

this is my attempt at a map....
Tool-tip comodities and island info:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~feldegast/ypp/
Static Images:

and with comodities....

coments/sugestions?
--edit--
added comodities and route difficulty

Feldegast (feld)
Senior Officer of Azuleros
Feldegast (feld)
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Feldegast at Apr 17, 2004 2:38:22 AM]
[Apr 17, 2004 2:38:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MKSparrow

atteSmythe wrote: 
LongJohnGrey wrote: 

Tools->Internet Options...

Select "Advanced" tab. Scroll down to "Multimedia" group. Uncheck the box that says "Enable Automatic Image Resizing"

atteSmythe,
who also found it annoying

AHA!!
Thanx!
Is it rainning?
[Apr 17, 2004 2:43:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

If you're going to use my icons, please adjust them so that they don't alias with whatever background you're using ;)
from Midnight.
[Apr 17, 2004 12:23:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Feldegast

Added some route difficulty, i'll add more when i can and i changed the island markers to make them look 3D to match the rest of the image

Feldegast (feld)
Feldegast (feld)
[Apr 18, 2004 1:48:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crystallina

You do realize that you spelled "Sapphire" incorrectly, don't you?

Crystallina
pointing it out before it gets too crowded to fix
Rapmasta26, in a surprisingly accurate assessment of many posters' attitude towards things:

PLEASE PEOPLE, IF YOU DONT AGREE DONT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!

[Apr 18, 2004 2:47:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YPP+Crystallina [Link]  Go to top 
Feldegast

Sapphire spelling fixed

Feldegast (feld)
Feldegast (feld)
[Apr 18, 2004 3:20:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crystallina

Oh, and I keep meaning to say this: Dugong produces pokeweed berries too. Just a slight copy-paste fix but thought I'd mention it.
Rapmasta26, in a surprisingly accurate assessment of many posters' attitude towards things:

[Apr 18, 2004 5:36:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YPP+Crystallina [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Thanks. Further corrections welcome :)

On a side note, can anyone confirm (either way) whether there is pokeweed on Chaparral? It was absent on my recent visit there, but it may have been buried under an enormous pile of wood ;)
from Midnight.
[Apr 18, 2004 6:57:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Feldegast

trying to determin the location of markets in coral and sapphire....the ones marked on my map are unconfirmed at present
Feldegast (feld)
[Apr 19, 2004 9:13:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
crazyluigi

There are no markets in Coral and Sapphire at the moment.
Crazyluigi

Officer and Navigator of the Cartographers
[Apr 19, 2004 10:16:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

The routes The Horseshoe Crabs to Iris, Verdant Atoll to Vernal Equinox, Monsoon to Durian, Angelfish to Durian, and Eclipse to Lagniappe... wah?
[Apr 19, 2004 1:41:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Those are deleted routes :)

Zeta has no market last I checked, either.
from Midnight.
[Apr 19, 2004 3:30:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Crystallina

Zeta is unmarketed.

[Apr 19, 2004 11:56:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YPP+Crystallina [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

Wait... Eclipse - Lagniappe once existed?

/em head explodes.

Has anyone actually ever seen either of the ones in Xi? Even if they are not willing to teach them?
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Apr 20, 2004 1:36:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 386   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates