• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3693 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
farmboy236

Writing Event for September of Fun Reply to this Post

What do you do when you get writer's block?
Do you sit on a dock?
Do you adjust your clock?
Do you go pick a lock?
Do you go tick, or do you go tock?

No matter what you do, you must pull through to win some Babylon treasure.
For this event you have to write a short story about why it is a bad idea to give Majorjr any modicum of power. Will he abuse it? Will he blunder? Will he make the whole ocean go asunder? Only you can tell us.

Deadline is: September 16, 2016

Prizes are as follows:
1st - 50,000 PoE
2nd - 25,000 PoE
3rd - 10,000 PoE

Cheers,

Major
----------------------------------------
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Sep 5, 2016 9:08:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Re: Writing Event for September of Fun Reply to this Post

The tale of Babylon conquering the Cerulean Ocean.

It all began as innocently as possible, with Majorjr and Babylon hosting an entire month of events to try and invigorate the Cerulean player base and keep puzzle pirates afloat. And while they succeeded in that, no one knew the secret plans Majorjr had brewing for Ocean domination.

As soon as all the pirates of Cerulean were placated with PoE and Familiars from the event, Majorjr started having "event" blockades where they would take over an island from a Brigand king or dormant flag for the "keeping things alive" movement. Everyone was completely fooled by Majorjr's reasoning and soon came to regret it.

As Babylon soon had half the ocean under their control, Majorjr started his Swordfighting indoctrination camp up and started abducting people to force them to swordfight with him endlessly. He soon became Transcendent and became bored with the camp, and he just wandered off one day to continue his plans for Ocean domination.

One day several weeks later, 6 islands were blockaded at once. It didnt take long for people to realize who had organized them. Majorjr had found a way to take over the minds of some of the best blockade navigators and was forcing them to do his bidding. The blockades were short and violent, with Majorjr now controlling almost 3/4 of the ocean.

Just 2 days later every remaining island was blockaded by Majorjr and his mind controlled blockade navigators. None of the flags controlling any of the remaining islands fought back, and Majorjr was now Emperor of the Ocean.

For 48 days Majorjr controlled every island on Cerulean. Then he became bored with the constant work required, and gave back the islands to flags who still wanted them. Hearing of his generosity dozens of old salts returned to the ocean and sailed the Cerulean seas once again.

I know this is terrible, Im not that great at writing it turns out ... Yay for disillusions.

Lol, this could be interesting.

Also - Reserving spot for my entry ... 1st!

Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RonenOsden at Sep 15, 2016 11:37:48 AM]
[Sep 5, 2016 9:22:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsen [Link]  Go to top 
deltasunshin

The Button (to be read in the style of Dr. Seuss)

Pillage, Atlantis,
Haunted Seas
Won't you please?
Why we're almost there,
Just an LP or three...

I've got a boat,
I just need a crew.
26 hearties online,
I just need you.

What's this
A new button
That They've given me?
Calling all hands-
And they can't disagree.

I'll mash it & mash it
And you'll all appear,
No excuses, no silence,
You'll all quake with fear!

Summoned by Major
& forced into work-
You'll all do my bidding
FILL SAILS & CARP FIRST!

OMG Boohey,
Can't you fill those cannons?
I'm dying out here,
& you're fighting Atlanteans!

The Citadel's up
Prepare for the fray,
Team & reteam-
I'm winning today!

Swarmed by triketos
& sank by the door-
You'll all feel my wrath-
WE RELOAD FOR MORE!

Hours & hours
At my beck & call-
With all of this power
THE WHOLE OCEAN WILL FALL!

I'll take all the islands
I'll theive from them all-
My portrait will hang
In Grey Haven's Hall!

But wait, it's a dream,
No new button for me.
No endless power,
No endless seas.

We must work together
& make our own fun,
Come join my tourny,
This story is spun.
Tillathehuny Cnossos of FB & Midnight

"Elleshanndri tells ye, "do you have a real phone?"
Ye told Elleshanndri, "as opposed to the barbie flip&talk playphone i usually carry? yes"
[Sep 13, 2016 11:08:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

You have until the end of the calendar day to enter. Note it is for a short story.
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Sep 16, 2016 4:59:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
suzieq1776

See, this is what happens when you get to much power.
Suzzana on Cerulean
[Sep 16, 2016 5:13:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
suzieq1776

Once upon a time Reply to this Post

Once upon a time, because all the best stories start with once upon a time, there was a fair and honorable pirate named Majorjr.

Majorjr had a dream, a dream to become the richest, most feared pirate in the Cerulean Ocean. So one day he called together his most trusted friends and they made a plan. Nobody questioned coming together to help Majorjr, its just what you did. He his oozed charisma and charm.

Sitting around the table drinking his 12 year old Glenlevit, he lamented, he planned, he schemed.

Soon his flag began to grow, he took over some flags and would convert other crews to his mission. Everyone loved him. As the Babylon flag sailed by, women would weep and children would cheer.

But soon, the power started going to his head.

"Dust that Distillery to make way for me!" He was overheard to shout.

"There are no more islands to Blockade, I'm bored! Hold a tournament in my name!" He would order.

"Dock press some jobbers for my Lanty!" He would scream, and oh the tears that would be shed for the jobbers who would be planked for not teaming the Cit. Soon, no longer would he allow Kraken hunts to take place during his Lanty time. He shut the seas down.

A cruel new master he had become. The children who used to cheer him hid when he walked by (which was fine, he never like the brats anyway). He started ordering his martinis James Bond style, shaken, not stirred.

Could no one stop him? Could no power reign him in? The world may never know.
Suzzana on Cerulean
[Sep 16, 2016 5:27:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Re: Once upon a time Reply to this Post

1st: Tillathehuny
2nd: Cptnronen
3rd: Suzzanna

Find me to claim your prizes
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

[Sep 21, 2016 11:24:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates