• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 59
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18717 times and has 58 replies Next Thread
MtEverest

I've got the Wandering Eye! - (Win 20 familiars)

I've got the Wandering Eye! - Win 20 familiars!

I have decided it is time to leave Puzzle Pirates as I am starting university in September and I will need to focus on my studies. However, before I go, I have decided to run this event to give away the familiars I own on Midnight. The lucky winner will receive twenty familiars of all different varieties and colours!

First Prize:

What is the event?

My favourite band is Fat Freddy's Drop. To enter, you have to write a Puzzle Pirates parody to one of their songs and record yourself singing it. This could either be over the song itself, or done acoustically while playing a guitar etc. Be inventive! Originality is worth points!

Whichever entry I like best wins. The musical quality of the entry, the originality of the entry, and the inventiveness and awesomeness of the lyrics will all be taken into account.

I'd advise all potential entrants to keep a mic on them at all times. If I'm not 100% certain it's you singing, I may seek you out in game and ask for a quick convo to check your voice!

Disclaimer:

I reserve the right to cancel this event at any time for any reason or to extend the deadline for any reason. I reserve the right to disqualify people if I think their entries are not their own work. I reserve the right to not allow people who have pissed me off in game to enter this event. Those pirates are:

For poor etiquette: Perkygoth, Cotton, Cheshi, Merlins, Soulblader, Furyzara, Odderflip, Rhodanite and Lucyp
For not giving enough back to the ocean: Ajsboy

Also, please do not enter on alts. If I think you are an alt, then you are disqualified. This event is for pirates of the Midnight Ocean who have played here for a good period of time. And, finally, if there is a severe lack of entries either the competition will be closed and no prizes awarded or I will allow pirates from other oceans to compete.

PLEASE POST ENTRIES IN THIS THREAD. THANKS!

The deadline for entries is Thursday the 1st of September at whatever time I get up
----------------------------------------
Epo

Founding member of the SPC.
[Edit 5 times, last edit by MtEverest at Aug 20, 2011 12:57:32 AM]
[Aug 19, 2011 11:48:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JCCJ

Re: I've got the Wandering Eye! - (Win 20 familiars)

Harr, That's very nice of you! Good luck with your University and you will be missed on Puzzle Pirates, Fair Winds Mate. And once again thanks for helping out us ol' Pirates with nothing to sit on our shoulders!

Sincerely
- Aeroplanes
[Aug 20, 2011 12:48:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

/e wonders if this is the biggest individual prize to a competition ever....
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Aug 20, 2011 3:22:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Good luck with your scholarly pursuits Epo :)

Eyepopping, jawdropping prize! I'm sure pirates all over Midnight are clearing their throats and gargling with honey and penning parodies! I won't be entering the comp - I can't sing/won't sing and I've never heard of Fat Freddy's Drop.

Dang I'm getting too old!!
/e wanders over to google Fat Freddy
Phaerie on Cerulean
"My donkey fell in your waffle hole"
[Aug 20, 2011 5:24:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sevenlyrcake

I am planning on entering this competition. Will need a few days to get something together. Thanks Epo :)
Sevenlayers on the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer, Midnight Reavers

[Aug 20, 2011 7:41:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

Only if I had any type of singing talent... plus it makes things worse that I've never heard of this band. :P
Yankeejr of Cerulean Ocean
[Aug 20, 2011 7:50:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aurely4

I wont be participating, but Id like to thank you for making me discover New Zealand reggae music. Good luck and fair winds!

Aurely
[Aug 20, 2011 10:07:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MtEverest

Thank you for all your good wishes guys :)

Looking forward to seeing what you writers and musicians come up with!
Epo

[Aug 20, 2011 11:59:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ChriiSTiiH

It's on!

Oh.. yea, this might be shocking but I dont have to play the songs with its rythm, only same chords right ?

- woo shocking I'm entering this.
Melrose on EMERALD.
Sugarbaby on OBSIDIAN.
[Aug 20, 2011 12:16:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Good luck with your studies, Epo. May you enjoy the time at school :)

It's an awesome prize... wowse... but giving back to the ocean... I'da thunk you split them up....

Oh, well.. good luck to the winner
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Aug 20, 2011 12:35:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
MtEverest

It's on!

Oh.. yea, this might be shocking but I dont have to play the songs with its rythm, only same chords right ?

- woo shocking I'm entering this.

Pleased to see you entering Rose :D

The songs have to be recognisable - you can change it around a little, but it has to sound something like the real thing. I guess it's a little like when a band covers another band's song - the key areas are all the same, but they might funk it up a little, or something. :)
Epo

[Edit 1 times, last edit by MtEverest at Aug 20, 2011 12:41:28 PM]
[Aug 20, 2011 12:38:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MtEverest

Good luck with your studies, Epo. May you enjoy the time at school :)

It's an awesome prize... wowse... but giving back to the ocean... I'da thunk you split them up....

Oh, well.. good luck to the winner

Haha, true, but I sort of wanted to go out with a bang!
Epo

[Aug 20, 2011 12:39:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
krazedpsycho

Man this will be hard.......
Devilmaster- Collector of colored chests and grunion ships
[Aug 20, 2011 12:52:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ChriiSTiiH

Pleased to see you entering Rose :D

The songs have to be recognisable - you can change it around a little, but it has to sound something like the real thing. I guess it's a little like when a band covers another band's song - the key areas are all the same, but they might funk it up a little, or something. :)

The thing is I'M NOT A BAND. I'm ONE girl . I'm just an ordinary girl.

Can I do it in and acoustic way with the same kind of rythm?

I'm starting to feel like me entering is a bad idea.. (for me ofc )

Oh.. and do I have to write the whole song or can i just do the first vers and a chorus ?
Melrose on EMERALD.
Sugarbaby on OBSIDIAN.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ChriiSTiiH at Aug 20, 2011 2:23:41 PM]
[Aug 20, 2011 1:11:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pinkythepink

Good luck with your schooling, Epo. I'm sure it will be worth all your time and dedication.

As for entering... currently listening to their tracks one by one on youtube. Hoping I'll at least entertain you, fingers crossed for actually winning.

Does the parody need to be piratey themed? pft I'm slow on the uptake, ignore that.
Amelia of the Cerulean Ocean

(My Etsy)
(My deviantART)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pinkythepink at Aug 20, 2011 1:26:31 PM]
[Aug 20, 2011 1:24:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://pinkythepink.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
MtEverest

Can I do it in and acoustic way with the same kind of rythm?

Yup! I think I even stated this in the orginal post :P

Oh.. and do I have to write the whole song or can i just do the first vers and a chorus ?

Good luck with that... they don't have songs with verses or choruses :)

;P
Epo

[Aug 20, 2011 2:41:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MtEverest

Just a little note - I've had a few people asking me about the tracks. I'm hoping to see lots of different songs picked! But, if you do go for Wandering Eye, the full version isn't on youtube. The actual song is 9:49 long, so you'll have to fish around for it!
Epo

[Aug 20, 2011 3:08:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kristarella

epo...what a loser...are we supposed to care or something? like we want your crap anyway...get a life.
~ Merlins!!!!
[Aug 20, 2011 10:11:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

epo...what a loser...are we supposed to care or something? like we want your crap anyway...get a life.

Wow how rude can you be to someone who is helping others out?
[Aug 20, 2011 10:50:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MtEverest

Haha, it's cause he's not allowed to enter. His comment sort of proves my point XD
Epo

[Aug 20, 2011 11:07:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

Haha, it's cause he's not allowed to enter. His comment sort of proves my point XD

ohhhhh gotcha!!!
[Aug 20, 2011 11:17:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Airion

epo...what a loser...am I supposed to care or something? like I want your crap anyway...get a life.

Fixed.

I'd love to see YOUR 20 familiars, Merlins.

Moving on from the idiotic troll, this is a great event Epo. I've been listening to some of their tracks on YouTube and really loving it. So if nothing else, thank you for introducing me to a great band! And good luck with your future endeavours. You will be missed.

I might try to put something together. It would have to be A capella and I'm kinda reluctant because I'm not the world's best singer. But this is a prize too good not to have a shot at. I could make 19 other pirates REALLY happy! :D
Don't wait for the perfect moment, take a moment and make it perfect.
[Aug 21, 2011 2:30:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kristarella

my point stands. first of all he is not even going to go through with it he will just pull the whole event in YOUR FACE. second we don't want his crap anyway. and last off, really? epo that's like back to second grade. really? a "bad pirates list" thats like the "list of people i have a crush on thing" so lame.....
~ Merlins!!!!
[Aug 21, 2011 9:49:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sevenlyrcake

It would have to be A capella and I'm kinda reluctant because I'm not the world's best singer. But this is a prize too good not to have a shot at. I could make 19 other pirates REALLY happy! :D

Aye, I feel the same way! I'm just going to have a tambourine and a keyboard making funny demo-beats in the background if that's okay Epo. /e does not have too much musical talent haha.

Air & I will have epically epic covers :D
Sevenlayers on the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer, Midnight Reavers

[Aug 21, 2011 10:38:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ravenkill1

First things first. Sucks to see you go dude but awesome event to go out with a bang with.

Sad to see a fellow elite player leave and a fellow elite Tder.

I probably wont be taking part in this event as although i love music... i cannot for the hell of me produce it :P

Good luck with uni and everything else.
ravendeth - cobalt
prevent - midnight
luminacy - malachite
luminacy - viridian
sacred - sage
ruined - hunter

Mediocre @ everything =)
[Aug 21, 2011 1:02:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MtEverest

It would have to be A capella and I'm kinda reluctant because I'm not the world's best singer. But this is a prize too good not to have a shot at. I could make 19 other pirates REALLY happy! :D

Aye, I feel the same way! I'm just going to have a tambourine and a keyboard making funny demo-beats in the background if that's okay Epo. /e does not have too much musical talent haha.

Air & I will have epically epic covers :D

Yeah, that sounds great :D

You can do the covers in whatever way you like, just make sure that it's recognisable in comparison with the original :P
Epo

[Aug 21, 2011 6:34:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MtEverest

my point stands. first of all he is not even going to go through with it he will just pull the whole event in YOUR FACE. second we don't want his crap anyway. and last off, really? epo that's like back to second grade. really? a "bad pirates list" thats like the "list of people i have a crush on thing" so lame.....

fixed
Epo

[Aug 21, 2011 6:35:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rockitboy

I thought your favorite band was Samwell.
Rocketboy
Cursed Isles, ridding the ocean of poor BNAV one ship at a time.
[Aug 22, 2011 8:01:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

If only your favorite band was Dr. Dre.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Aug 22, 2011 5:56:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

I can't sing, so I shan't be entering. But hats off to Epo for a jolly good show. Have fun in university.

PS. Studying in university is highly overrated, unless the subject happen to be a member of a particular gender.
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Aug 23, 2011 2:23:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates