• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5550 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Wheebiscuit

Spooooktacular Prolix Paaaaarrty - Two!!!

Yarrrrrr!! It's that time once again for the Prolix Spooooktacular Paaaaaarrty!! Once again, Mixed Nuts and their friends will be hosting a Spooktacular Event on Friday, October 28th to celebrate All Hallows Eve. There will be contests, auctions, prizes, and fun for all pirates, and yer all invited to paaaarrticipate!

Where: Disciples of Widow Cheng's Crew Hall on Prolix Purlieu [in Le Maison de Nuix]

When: Friday, October 28th starting at 6:30 PM Pirate time (9:30 PM Eastern USA Time)

Who: Everyone! Come one, come all! Just knock on the door, and someone will let ye in.

What:
There will be several events for everyone to have fun with...

• An eerie moonight madness maze! Find your way through without falling into the pool if ye can! Free rum to all who navigate their way to the kitchen.
  • A slave auction! Bid for and win a slave, and he/she is yours to do your bidding for two hours of pirate time. No, you can?t ask them to trade you their familiar or pets or clothes or ships or anything inappropriate, but you CAN ask them to do labor for ye, or sing ye a song or three, or bilge for ye. If a paaaarrticulaaarr pirate has a restriction, you will know about it before the bidding staaaaaarrrts. So far, the potential slaves include: Aarghbird, Vixenwench, Billshakes, Vampyone, and some who wish to be a surprise, with more to be added! Oh, the PoE you ask? It will ALL go into prizes for the paaaaarrty!
  • Story time and scavenger hunt! One of the flag members (not saying who in advance) will tell ye a story - a spoooktacular story to be sure. Then we will announce the rules for the scavenger hunt! Rest assured, there will be wonderful prizes for this event, and some fun trinkets for those that do well at it! There might even be a Haunted or Rogue Sloop for some lucky paaarrticipant!
  • Costume Contest! Unlike last year (the Costume Contest took way too long) there will only be a Best Overall winner. Remember the PoE from the Slave Auction? THIS is where some of it goes! (The other prizes are paid for by the Nuts.) The judging will be done informally by the Nuts, and everyone can let us know who / what their costume represents.
  • Tournaments! While all this is going on, the usual game tables and local tournaments will be available. No huge prizes here, just fun! Make a team, challenge another flag to beat ye! Drink them all under the table! Pummel them senseless! Slice them to pieces! PoE from the Slave Auction will fund the tournaments.
  • Trivia Pillage! Vixenwench will be asking a bunch of Triva Questions (she has lots and lots she says) worth 500 PoE each! We will all go pillage on an appropriate sized Haunted or Rogue vessel - probably the War Brig Supernatural Wrasse. We might even make some PoE while we are at it. Guest navvers will be welcome assuming they have a costume and are at least Distinguished at Bnav. Any PoE from the Slave Auction that hasn't been handed out by the end of the pillage will be added to the booty and split among all pillagers.

So dig out that costume you have been dieing to wear. Practice yer eerie howls. Come one, come all, and have Nutty good time. Yarrrrrrr!!!

Aarghbird
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
P.S. Thanks Vixenwench, for the Aaaaaaarrrrsome Poster!
P.P.S. Megathanks to Soulmotion for putting together so much of this event, including the awesome maze!!

Edit to fix typo in date - never post after midnight
----------------------------------------
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Wheebiscuit at Oct 28, 2011 8:04:58 AM]
[Oct 25, 2011 10:28:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

Re: Spooooktacular Prolix Paaaaarrty - Two!!!

I would love to come, but it's at 2.30am for those of us in the UK and Ireland. I'd really like to do the maze though- any chance of you opening the crew hall at a more europe-friendly time a day or so after the event? Not for prizes, just for fun.
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Oct 27, 2011 8:33:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

We should be able to do that. Contact me or one of the crew in Soulmotion's crew. We can let you in and take you to the maze. It is a nice one.

Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

[Oct 27, 2011 6:42:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

Soulmotion let me in to have a sneek peek- and it is AMAZING! If you can make it, you should- I think it's going to be a really good night.
Thanks so much for letting me have a look around, and play in the maze.
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Oct 28, 2011 8:38:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeaDogPete

Great times, great flag. A real taste of Cobalt of old. Thankyou Mixed Nuts for a thoroughly enjoyable evening! (Well actually thanks for keeping me playing till 6.25am..!) Happy Halloween!!

Yarrrr!
~ Seadogpete ~

Captain of Red Alert
King of Kismet

On several oceans..but mainly Cerulean
[Oct 28, 2011 10:28:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SoulMotion12

I'd like to give a big hearty thanks to all that came out for the Halloween Party on Cobalt. It was a great time and it was amazing to see SO many of us all in one place!

Here is a sum of the slaves that were bought along with their owners:

Vampy purchased by IVdripper

Hung puchased by Vampyone (we are all invited to skype when she tells him so we can hear him scream)

Aarghbird purchased by Vampyone

Billshakes purchased by Justess

Crabbycrank purchased by Soulmotion

Ebilcarp purchased by Justess

Vixenwench purchased by Katabatix

Lunarwolf purchased by Justess

Evilmermaid purchased by Katabatix

Crustyruss purchased by Swansinger

Monstrzro purchased by Noordkap

Seadogpete purchased by Vixenwench

Annboleyn purchased by Billshakes

We did have requests for other people to be sold into slavedom but unfortunately, we were running out of time at that point. We will try our best to sell all of you folks next time ;)

We also declared six winners for the various events, the best overall costume contest, hide and seek.... They are:

Vicgeon
Djshadows
Caitsidhe
Ebilcarp
Hotguy
Justtess

Again, thanks for coming out everyone! Happy Halloween! Muahahahaha

Soulmotion
[Oct 29, 2011 8:05:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

I want to thank everyone who turned out for the event. I think just about everyone had a great time. Soulmotion did a wonderful job organizing everything, running the slave auction, organizing the hide and seek, and handing out the prizes. The crew hall looked fabulous, and the maze was incredible. Great job (as usual) Soul. Vixenwench did a great job with the trivia on the pillage keeping everyone involved and handing out the poe when the answers were guessed or Googled.

At the end of the pillage, we put all of the poe left from the auction (after paying for the prizes) in the booty, and did a double divvy. The jobbers that stayed got a nice healthy cut that way, and every jobber (can you believe a full WB at 12:30 AM Eastern time on Cobalt?) shared in the booty of over 500K.

I hope we can do it again next year. See all of you on the ocean!

Aarghbird
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

[Oct 31, 2011 9:14:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates