• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11390 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Prototypes - Works in PrARRgress Reply to this Post

There's nothing more despised than the blank canvas - so many possibilities, but where to begin?

Good news! If you're itching to doodle, draw, paint or design something piratey but are looking for that spark of inspiration, that's where I come in!

On a somewhat-regular basis I will post various assignments, ranging from specific ideas to more broad concepts to help start the creative process.

This is not an event so there are no deadlines. Feel free to post works in progress for comments and critiques from your fellow Arrrtists!

To post an image:
-- Save your image at an appropriate size as a valid image format on your computer
-- Upload it to a website - either your own webspace, or use one of the main free sites such as www.imgur.com, www.imageshack.com, www.photobucket.com, etc, and get the url for the image on that site.
-- Ensure that your image is not in a private area that requires log-in to view. Get a mate to check they can see it with your url.
-- Enclose the url in image tags as shown here and here
-- Don't forget to preview! - if the image isn't showing on preview, check your url and tags.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Prometheus at May 1, 2013 9:31:37 AM]
[Apr 30, 2013 3:23:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Re: Prototypes - Works in PrARRgress Reply to this Post

Starting us off: Dolls!

Do you ever get the impression that Ocean Masters have all the fun? We're always asking you to draw our dolls, our eggs. Selfish little Hobbitses doesnts wants to share!

It's about time to turn that around. So for the inaugural Prototypes assignment turn your pirate into a doll. How would that look? What would you wear? What would your pirate make of a doll in their own image (and what would other pirates do to get it!)? This is your task.

Get to it!

(This may be Crip's only chance :D )
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Prometheus at May 1, 2013 6:06:39 PM]
[Apr 30, 2013 3:33:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

...and if you'll allow me the indulgence of the first post Player Prometheus has some issues to work out:

-Pro
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Prometheus at May 1, 2013 9:32:43 AM]
[Apr 30, 2013 3:34:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

*cough*/made this post early to say you forgot to put the colon after "http" in your last line *cough*

*coughhackwheezedie*

I remember a [doodle like this] some years ago, it was the first doodle I ever won. c:

So there was a sale on potatoes and red string at the trading post today.

Okay, sorry, silly doodle done. Something better later.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 2 times, last edit by cattrin at May 1, 2013 6:23:39 PM]
[May 1, 2013 4:59:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

Turned out creepier than I expected ;D
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist
[May 1, 2013 7:57:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

so since there is no deadline this means I can actually do it when i return to the land of the digital? Shhh you didn't see me sneak on my brothers computer to look at forums o.O I've created so many dolls of my own pirate (in secret so as not to make any OM's jealous just in case a mere mortal like myself could not survive a Om's wrath) YAY!!!! dolls!!!! of my favorite pirate!!!! (aside from all the adorable OM's off course...)
((will edit in a picture once I get home ^_^))
~ pixelpixie
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[May 3, 2013 8:20:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jippeh14

I love this idea, cheers Pro :)

How do you get one? Good question ;)
Jippy of Meridian
[May 5, 2013 7:10:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Aloha! So I FINALLY came back to the land of the digital and was able to upload the dolly I created while away sitting at a restaurant enjoying a glass of wine ^_^

(btw this was Sooo fun pro! thanks for the inspiration ^_^)

PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[May 13, 2013 7:43:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Dex has been alone for some time now, and has let herself... go... a little. Some might say she's lost a few marbles, other say the rum has permanently saturated her blood stream so she's drunk ALL the time. Eccentric? Cantankerous? All of the above?
I'd speculate that, if Dex were given her own doll, she'd flail it about by it's ponytail until its leg fell off. (She's been trying for 5 years.) You might think she's having another of her 'fits' but I can assure you she's just INSANELY happy.

Thanks for giving me a subject to test on my new toy!
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 17, 2013 9:29:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
1nkd

My poor little Diagram ;)

Get it?

Diagram of Emerald.

Diagram on the Emerald Ocean.

Luckydrop says, "Diagram is the winner of a swift kick in the booty!"

[Dec 19, 2013 8:01:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates