mvnForum Homepage

Print at Apr 1, 2020 2:30:48 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Reffi at Jul 21, 2003 1:43:43 AM
mouse problems
My client doesn't seem to enjoy letting me know what I'm doing. As such, it's taken away my privelege of seeing my mouse pointer.

Anyone else experience this - and - better yet - know how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Posted by homullus at Jul 21, 2003 2:52:10 AM
Re: mouse problems
Maybe you were naughty on a previous computer, and are being punished on this one.

Posted by loftling at Jul 21, 2003 4:34:25 AM
Reffi wrote: 
My client doesn't seem to enjoy letting me know what I'm doing. As such, it's taken away my privelege of seeing my mouse pointer.

Submit a bug report. If you can't see your cursor to hit the "report a bug" button, try to get logged in enough such that you can see the chat box entry field and type "/bug i can't see my mouse!"

Posted by Livesey at Jul 21, 2003 5:43:44 AM
My laptop has problems with the mouse cursor. It acts a lot like the old software mouse cursors used to in windows (flicker.) It displays it, but then either paints over it or immediately hides it. By moving it around a lot, I can follow its ghostly presence enough to use it. The client only does this under certain conditions. I just figured it had something to do with java's direct x + old laptop and didn't bother mentioning it.
----------------------------------------
-Hethor

Posted by loftling at Jul 21, 2003 5:51:47 AM
mouse problems
Livesey wrote: 
My laptop has problems with the mouse cursor. It acts a lot like the old software mouse cursors used to in windows (flicker.) It displays it, but then either paints over it or immediately hides it. By moving it around a lot, I can follow its ghostly presence enough to use it. The client only does this under certain conditions. I just figured it had something to do with java's direct x + old laptop and didn't bother mentioning it.

Do you have windows XP? Do you have mouse shadows turned on?

Look at the Windows XP known issues.

The weird thing is that it doesn't do it anymore on my windows XP machine, so maybe a recent windows update fixed the problem.

Posted by Anonymous at Jul 21, 2003 8:22:46 AM
Yeah, I jis' turned off mouse trails (ME seems to have that problem too, that's what I'm running it on) and it suddenly started working fine. w00t!

Posted by Livesey at Jul 21, 2003 11:19:07 AM
hahaha...

Err, no, that poor laptop be running Windows 98. I DO have mouse trails turned on (It's a dual-scan screen, so I use "high contrast" everything. You know, pre-active matrix. You know, pre-TFT.) I will see if turning mous trails off solves that little problem when I get home.
----------------------------------------
-Hethor

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates