mvnForum Homepage

Print at May 26, 2020 7:46:27 PM
Posts: 106   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
Posted by seb_long_uk at Dec 7, 2007 7:04:33 PM
Requests for Blog post content
*pokes Cleaver*

Any requests for future Blog content? Personally I'd love to see the Captain give us a little speech; Gawd knows it's been a long time.
----------------------------------------
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka

Posted by Nordenx at Dec 7, 2007 8:42:02 PM
Re: Requests for Blog post content
More in-depth game dev status reports on projects (code & art). ;)

More party pics would be nice but then again they just make me jealous. tongue
Nordenx of Viridian

Mariner's Used

Posted by Shikyo at Dec 8, 2007 12:44:21 AM
I know I petitioned a while ago for more cat photos from a certain OM, though at this point I'd settle for bunnies.

Now I think about it, wrong blog, but SOMEONE needs to post D. If you read this, you know who you are. Go do so. I'm horrible with commenting but I read things.
Cassis, Sage
Evil Mastermind

A quick wit's best accompanied by quick reflexes.
Save Scrappeh!

Posted by anchovygirl at Dec 8, 2007 4:55:56 AM

*pokes Cleaver*

Any requests for future Blog content? Personally I'd love to see the Captain give us a little speech; Gawd knows it's been a long time.
With a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand? And I also would like to see Cleaver post.
Anchovia

Posted by Benzene265 at Dec 8, 2007 1:39:47 PM
It's their blog, they should be able to write about whatever they please.

Now that I got reason out of the way, I think you should be able to pay your way into the blog, but probably with PoE, doubs, or ingame items rather than paper clips. >.> Much like the Azure Memorial, people would be encouraged to sink massive amounts of ingame personalty and moneys for their very own blog entry. The fact that the forums, YPPedia, and free web hosting exist will in no way influence whether people pony up or not. Really, people wear gold to show off, for Cleaver's sake. Clearly, common sense won't stop a blog PoEsink. >.>

Ground rules, such as "no obvious advertising.", and "splchk pls" are optional. Although I have no desire to read an endless string of shop and blockade ads for other oceans, "no ads" would mean no ads for the Rhodin Revolution, either. Hopefully, there aren't many guidelines at all, and entries are chosen based on 1. Amount of booty forked and 2. Readability. Of course, based on that first qualification, I'll never have a well-tanned ad in the blog, anyway. I can just post it here for free. But, I'm sure there's someone out there with PoE to burn.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!

Posted by AhoyLindsay at Dec 8, 2007 1:49:03 PM
Even if someone isn't advertising a shop or blockade, they can still be advertising themselves. I think it would be great if the devs wanted to invite a player to write a blog-but there is no way I would ever support being able to pay to write a blog entry.
Castawayjoe of the Midnight Ocean.
To err is human, but to arr is pirate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catharsis on Cobalt and Malachite.

Posted by Hypnos at Dec 10, 2007 2:05:45 PM
Har, I'll pass the good word along.

The captain keeps himself mighty busy all year 'round, but I know he does his best to hop on when he has time. We had an inn party the other day on Sage and I hear tell of a Cleaver doll passed 'round the tourney board.

D'you suppose the Cleaver doll's knife is tiny and sharp, or made of felt?
face down in the soup again - Avatar by Sharktail of Sage
Cnuofesd of Viridian wrote: 
I regually snort porridge oats up my nose too.

Posted by Cleaver at Dec 10, 2007 2:43:44 PM
I am a bad blogger. I will try to be better in 2008.

Posted by Pianoman1125 at Dec 10, 2007 2:45:47 PM

T'is all we ask.

(Oh, and maybe some updated pics of baby Nemo would be nice. Soooo cyoote!)

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.

Posted by seb_long_uk at Dec 10, 2007 3:06:32 PM

You promised an update to TheFloggingWillContinue whilst we were chatting on you-know-where, and that never came either!

No more Whiskey for you! *swipes Cleavers supply until he writes a blog entry*
Domokun

Posted by Jirges at Dec 12, 2007 3:52:46 PM
Can I suggest the blogging about the reasoning in certain releases? Cause some of us are just left scratching our head, pondering, gossiping, and that never leads to anything good long term in terms of trust and respect. (gossip I mean)

thank!
Mentos ~ Wicked Peace

Mentos says, "im a tart huh? i thought mentos were sweet?"
Ladysheena says, "you're the sour apple kind"

Posted by Hypnos at Dec 12, 2007 6:25:00 PM
Which issues are you referring to? I'll take a wild guess and say removing the memming ability from swabby ship transport?

Posted by Shikyo at Dec 12, 2007 7:25:32 PM

Which issues are you referring to? I'll take a wild guess and say removing the memming ability from swabby ship transport?

No. It's naming Brynhild Skullsplitter...uh...Brynhild Skullsplitter instead of the far superior Erika Thunderpants. Why did you change it??
Cassis, Sage
Evil Mastermind

Save Scrappeh!

Posted by Jirges at Dec 13, 2007 1:14:54 PM
Hypnos wrote: 

How'd you guess? lol
I mean, I think I understand it, like you want going to sea = risk of engagement, but when you don't post it somewhere, it leaves it open to interpetation, and false assumptions. Theres some now who are like "OMs r ebil cus dey dont lik solo plyrz" which most know isnt the case, and a little information somewhere would put those fears to rest really quickly. Especially when THAT change was made the day before the release, and we only had a day to talk about it in the ice forums, where as other stuff had more discussion oppurtunities.

Although, 3 white enamel for the frosty pine is also....funny. Granted I've never flocked a tree, but wouldnt like 15 units of white paint do the trick? It would probably be less weight on the branches.

I know you guys like us discovering mysterys, and some things should be left to the imagination, but when you talk to us, it helps build better bonds.

Edit: And i SO wanted to beat a Thunderpants instead of a Skullsplitter....
Mentos ~ Wicked Peace

Mentos says, "im a tart huh? i thought mentos were sweet?"
Ladysheena says, "you're the sour apple kind"

Posted by Hypnos at Dec 14, 2007 5:51:59 PM
's an exploit. It's duty navigation standing protection. I understand that people were happy to pay money to puzzle in peace, but I do not believe the resulting inability to get an ultimate in a puzzle without being willing to pony up money and nav for leagues upon leagues without interruption or porting is fair.

Posted by B_licker at Dec 14, 2007 8:48:49 PM
But the new release does absolutely nothing about that exploit. It's still possible to puzzle on a swabbie transport ship without interruption, getting high puzzle scores in the process. The only thing the new release disables is memorization, which has nothing to do with stat protection.

Posted by Shikyo at Dec 14, 2007 9:03:23 PM

But the new release does absolutely nothing about that exploit. It's still possible to puzzle on a swabbie transport ship without interruption, getting high puzzle scores in the process. The only thing the new release disables is memorization, which has nothing to do with stat protection.

Well, to be fair, it does something. People seem to be more upset at the inability to pay for memming than they are at getting ults, so less people might puzzle because they don't want to puzzle without the league points. Or...something. I don't know, my logic trains tend to ride along straight and direct and rather blunt rails.
Cassis, Sage
Evil Mastermind

Save Scrappeh!

Posted by Pauling at Dec 16, 2007 6:34:26 PM
I have to admit, I do enjoy the posts about office life (secret room!!!) and the development process- it's interesting to see what goes into a release.

I'm also entertained about the details underlying OOO's other games as well- I admit I've taken to thinking of the Y!PP blog as more of an overall company effort. But I get the sense that there's a lot of nifty ringers we don't see much of, working behind the scenes on non-Y!PP projects.

(Plus, Sheriff Mike's blog? Last updated in February- I was kind of surprised there wasn't at least a "one year since official release" birthday post for Bang Howdy.)
Pauling of the Lost Lot, Sagemerald
Officer emeritus and occasional cabin person
Puppetar (and drawing of secret Blackthorpe plans) by the talented Tilinka

Posted by Fjandr at Dec 17, 2007 6:18:31 PM

's an exploit. It's duty navigation standing protection. I understand that people were happy to pay money to puzzle in peace, but I do not believe the resulting inability to get an ultimate in a puzzle without being willing to pony up money and nav for leagues upon leagues without interruption or porting is fair.

I seriously don't understand the correlation between removing memming and removing the ability to dnav uninterrupted for long periods. You can still dnav, or sail, or bilge, or carp, or gun, without interruption, for as long as you can get a swabbie route charted. Or were standing changes (at least positive ones) removed from swabbie mode without being listed in the game changes?

I can see standing protection in blockades/flotillas/Atlantis being detrimental to real duty standing lists, but removing memming seems to have no bearing on standing protection in swabbie mode for ANY ship puzzle (unless I'm missing something pretty major).

I'm not really up for arguing pro or con about the changes, since I've ground out plenty of memmed points over many hours prior to the swabbie mode changes and can do so again, but the rationale escapes me completely.
Nemesis wrote "And by special request - it now auto-bans people who say "pilly" and "lucker"."

Fjandr
Captain of Yeyi Xoxocti Coatl - Emerald
Projects: Weathered Helm

Posted by Hypnos at Dec 19, 2007 4:38:17 PM

Ah, you're quite correct. I've checked and here we go:

The intent of ship swabbie transport is you turning your vessel over to swabbies, not hiring extra crew. This should discourage things that you would do with a crew such as sailing, pillaging, memorizing, but not disallow you to puzzle if you want to help the ship along.

I think memming is supposed to be an added bonus to doing the duty puzzle while you are pillaging or running voyages. It is not supposed to be a goal in and of itself. Granted, people can run solo voyages on sloops to memorize routes, but that's their business.

It's not a perfect solution, and I do know that there are plenty of folks on both sides of the issue. We'll see how it plays out.

Posted by Fjandr at Dec 19, 2007 9:19:24 PM
Thanks for the clarification. :)
Nemesis wrote "And by special request - it now auto-bans people who say "pilly" and "lucker"."

Fjandr
Captain of Yeyi Xoxocti Coatl - Emerald
Projects: Weathered Helm

Posted by seb_long_uk at Dec 20, 2007 2:57:20 AM
"A doodle in the life of *insert Ringer here*"

I love seeing the doodles and artwork of your very talented arrrtists, (which is why I have all your SketchBlogs bookmarked! Mwahah! ), but we rarely see the doodles of our beloved OMs!

I know that Hypnos' desk must be covered in doodles of little pink slippers, and Ceph must go through Lime highlighters like Rhodin goes through Fake Tan and Hair Dye...

Do any of the Ringers have other secret talents?
Domokun

Posted by Benzene265 at Dec 23, 2007 4:38:05 PM

I know that Hypnos' desk must be covered in doodles of little pink slippers, and Ceph must go through Lime highlighters like Rhodin goes through Fake Tan and Hair Dye...

It's all natural. >.>It says so on the bottle...
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!

Posted by Peanutswench at Dec 24, 2007 11:21:32 PM

No. It's naming Brynhild Skullsplitter...uh...Brynhild Skullsplitter instead of the far superior Erika Thunderpants. Why did you change it??

I have to admit that the news of this change left me saddened and disillusioned. Until the name is reverted to the rightful Thunderpants, I will fast in protest.....

Ooo Holiday candy... Never mind!
Peanutswench
------

Posted by t0rqt at Dec 28, 2007 10:26:17 AM
3 things i'd love to see:

• a rotating weekly blog post from among all the oOo staff
  • a "ship's log" post, when those staff who play the game, play it
  • developers thoughts on gaming, in general

oh, and of course, hypnos continuing as the blog-uberlord...
erro : karma (mid&mala) - bad company (hun)

artemis: ...most people voted for "ur mom"

Posted by cateline at Dec 29, 2007 11:16:54 AM

Oceanus greeter chats, "Interesting. OM chat is full of questions."

Request for blog content: "Top Ten (or more) Favoritest Questions Received while on OM Duty"
Lady of Honor Above All
Owner, Monkey Jackets on Scrimshaw

Posted by Hermes at Jan 2, 2008 12:31:39 AM
Spy's sapping my blog post!

I am deadly with a bone saw.

Posted by Apollo at Jan 6, 2008 12:53:08 PM

I have several, and intend to keep them that way. *winks*
You know about the beer bottle genius already, though, so that doesn't count as secret.

Posted by seb_long_uk at Jan 7, 2008 1:09:53 AM

Spoil sport! ;P
Domokun

Posted by Cephalopod at Jan 7, 2008 9:46:59 AM

Spoil sport! ;P

Believe me; I've seen at least some of them, and you're better off not knowing.

Some things simply cannot be unseen.

Posted by Hypnos at Jan 8, 2008 3:55:20 PM
Some things cannot be unheard.

The horror! The HORROR.

Posted by seb_long_uk at Jan 9, 2008 2:31:28 AM

Some things cannot be unheard.

The horror! The HORROR.

Ha! *googles for audio*

"Ringer's Secret Talents" would definitely be a hit, even if Apollo's talent may require some follow-up therapy. I'll put 500 poe on Ceph's secret talent being some form of knitting.
Domokun

Posted by damagon at Jan 13, 2008 5:50:37 PM
I have been told multiple times that OMs and Devs don't have the forums set up the same way we do. I guess what I am trying to say is I'd like to have a glimpse of the forums they have.

I am also curious as to what other special features they have that we don't.
Damagon

Posted by Cephalopod at Jan 16, 2008 10:28:04 AM

I'll put 500 poe on Ceph's secret talent being some form of knitting.

I did try my hand a tiny bit in machine knitting long ago, but certainly not in the past decade.

Posted by seb_long_uk at Jan 16, 2008 10:38:23 AM

I'll put 500 poe on Ceph's secret talent being some form of knitting.

I did try my hands a tiny bit in machine knitting long ago, but certainly not in the past decade.

I had visions of wildly flailing tentacles brandishing needles, resulting in a delicate, if rather slimy cardigan.

And you owe me 500 poe :)
Domokun

Posted by seb_long_uk at Jan 19, 2008 4:17:40 PM
All the piracy skills in Puzzle Pirates are rated in Experience and Skill. If Real Life were a little more like Pirates (and we all wish it were, in some ways), in what skills would you be Sublime/Able and Narrow/Ultimate?
Domokun

Posted by Serpentiator at Jan 20, 2008 9:06:48 AM

Sublime/Able

Saying "no" to things in the GD forum... WE NEED MORE CREATIVITY HERE!!!!

Narrow/Ultimate

Making Pirate-related additions to Y!PP

Seriously... atlantis? vikings?... what's next? Stone-age clothes and weapons?... oh wait... rags and sticks... damn
- Archonis
Damagon said:

There is nothing sweeter than making fun of those who PNT by mistake.

Posted by seb_long_uk at Jan 29, 2008 8:20:21 AM
As Clio and Dio sail into the sunset, a new chapter of Puzzle Pirates begins. With the addition of two puzzles to production, a new round of Ocean Master hiring in progress and with a sprinkling of Forum posting from the Captain, is 2008 a turning point for Pirates, or merely part of a continuous and ongoing change?
Domokun

Posted by dornkirk1 at Mar 19, 2008 8:03:11 AM
Dear Mighty Ocean Masters,
I would like to see more portraits of the Dread Ringers crew. I've seen the Mighty Morphin' Ocean Masters and thought that was simply a stroke of genius. Hurrah to the Pink Ranger/OM!
Can we see group portraits of the other members of the crew? Maybe the devs could pose for a picture and title it "The Pillage People" or something.
I also second the suggestion about putting the Morphin' Masters portrait up as a prize for a contest. Or maybe sell it at the Palace Shoppe as a limited edition furniture. I, for one, would love to have the Pink Ranger up on the wall of my shack. (Well, the picture would be ok, too)
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Respectfully yours,
Lishenshung, humble pirate, Sage Ocean

p.s. I apologize if I had posted in the wrong thread or if I am repeating what has been requested before.
Lishenshung - Sage

Posted by seb_long_uk at Mar 26, 2008 10:23:58 AM
Whilst I expect the Blog post will be distinctly Whirled-flavoured (here's hoping, Captain), I spotted this too. Reviews and whatnot usually play some part in the Blog post (and it frankly didn't deserve a SL post of it's own) so, there you go. You're welcome.
Domokun

Posted by seb_long_uk at May 21, 2008 10:01:12 AM
Could we have a blog post about the Dev/Big Cheese decisions regarding the ongoing issues and queries regarding current Events, specifically Ocean openings and the 'decline' of the subscription Oceans, rather than Soup and chewing gum? Thanks.
Domokun

Posted by Fiddler at May 28, 2008 10:01:07 PM
While digging out some old posts I ran across a couple of quotes from Nemo where he talked about a dueling pose. Did this ever make it into the game on some fashion or is it still sitting on a shelf somewhere in the office?

Nemo wrote: 
Bluebeard and I have had enough trouble convincing Jack to include the duelling pose that's been done for ages.

My big push is for a dueling pose, but I seem to remember Jack taking offense at it.

Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

Posted by Hypnos at May 29, 2008 2:53:23 PM

Could we have a blog post about the Dev/Big Cheese decisions regarding the ongoing issues and queries regarding current Events, specifically Ocean openings and the 'decline' of the subscription Oceans, rather than Soup and chewing gum? Thanks.

Noted, mate.

Posted by DaredevilFan at Jun 6, 2008 12:32:18 PM
oooh I'd personally like to see the story behind on how the malacats became green. Did the poor cats fall into some green dye while trying to chase the rats? Or they not from this plant? I'd love to know please please please?
Jessicajones - SO of Mixed Nuts

Posted by seb_long_uk at Jun 6, 2008 4:04:22 PM
I'd like to know who accidentally left the switch "on" for the green Malarats... :P
Domokun

Posted by Hephaestus at Jun 9, 2008 4:27:30 AM

oooh I'd personally like to see the story behind on how the malacats became green. Did the poor cats fall into some green dye while trying to chase the rats? Or they not from this plant? I'd love to know please please please?

Oooh. Good question. Only one way of finding out...

Science experiment!

Posted by Daggerdarla at Jun 9, 2008 7:06:25 AM
Mala-cats might be from Malachite, but green rats are from Verdigris.

/me lives in hopes that her idea inspired this update
DaggerDarla of Sage
(exploring all other oceans too)

Posted by Hephaestus at Jun 9, 2008 8:10:37 AM

Mala-cats might be from Malachite, but green rats are from Verdigris.

/me lives in hopes that her idea inspired this update

Sneeeheeeheee!

Sorry, I hadn't seen that when I was writing it, but I like it a lot :)

Posted by gunnermooch at Jun 10, 2008 10:33:16 AM
It's been over a year since the last ship count, any chance of a new list ?
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.

Posted by seb_long_uk at Jun 10, 2008 3:08:43 PM
It's been over a year since the last Letter from the Captain, any chance of a new one ?

:P
Domokun

Posted by yaypuzzlez at Jun 10, 2008 8:59:57 PM

It's been over a year since the last ship count, any chance of a new list ?

Now I wonder why they keep track numbers of ships...............
I am Capberry | Rumbleboy.

Retired.

Posted by seb_long_uk at Jun 11, 2008 3:45:45 AM
My understanding is that all items are stored on some sort of database, and that querying the data can provide you with whatever you like. If Ceph wanted to know how many New Condition yellow/yellow musketeer hats there are on Sage, I'm sure he could find out.
Domokun

Posted by Apollo at Jun 11, 2008 4:00:30 PM

Posted by AhoyLindsay at Jun 11, 2008 4:05:55 PM

Nice.

Posted by Apollo at Jun 11, 2008 4:12:41 PM
I am the God of Yellow/Yellow musketeer hats. I know them all by name. ;D

Posted by AhoyLindsay at Jun 11, 2008 4:23:49 PM

I am the God of Yellow/Yellow musketeer hats. I know them all by name. ;D

You name your hats?

Posted by Apollo at Jun 11, 2008 4:24:44 PM
.... you DON'T?!

Freak.

Posted by AhoyLindsay at Jun 11, 2008 4:26:46 PM
Well, I have been known to name oven mitts on occasion.

Posted by Apollo at Jun 11, 2008 4:44:19 PM
Thank goodness. I was really worried about you for a moment there.

Posted by seb_long_uk at Jun 12, 2008 1:17:48 AM

Apollo wins. :P
Domokun

Posted by IrishAlex at Jun 12, 2008 4:36:56 AM

Apollo wins. :P

Therefore we have learnt that Apollo is by far a great god of Yellow/Yellow hats

Now lets try Lime/Lime hats... :P
Gramps on the Sage Ocean

Iago: Heres a Blanket for your Knees, I SAID A BLANKET FOR YOUR KNEES
Gramps: What? Bees, No i don't Like Bees

Posted by Serpentiator at Jun 13, 2008 8:36:58 AM
Naming your own clothes comes easily to such a divine being as Apollo.

All I could think of was Richard.
- Archonis
Damagon said:

Posted by Gaea at Jun 13, 2008 9:49:37 AM
Mine are named "Skirt One", "Skirt Two", "Bodice One", "Bodice Two", and "Hat".
A Pirate says, "u know OMs are much nicer than i thought"

Posted by Cronus at Jun 13, 2008 10:19:10 AM

Really? Mine are named "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Pointy Hat. But really that's because you wrote that on their tags for me.
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!

Posted by Perlandria at Jun 13, 2008 10:21:33 AM

Which I started to read as "One Skirt" "Two Skirt" "Red Skirt" "Blue Skirt" since I am pre-caffiene. :D
Furnishing Puzzle Project:
Discussion: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
Prototype: http://albert.best.vwh.net/gilthead/GiltHead.html
Proposal: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/GCPP:Proposal-Gilthead

Posted by Serpentiator at Jun 13, 2008 11:44:32 AM

If only my creative genes could match yours...
- Archonis
Damagon said:

Posted by Rolld20 at Jun 16, 2008 12:11:51 PM
I have a possible blog question:
What's the most remarkable thing the players have done that the developers completely did not expect?
Be it exploits, loopholes, or social dynamics uniques to an online setting, what caught you by surprise, and what, if anything, was done in response?
Greyrat of Viridian
-------------

"The server is under heavy load due to calculating exactly how big of an idiot you are"

Posted by seb_long_uk at Jun 16, 2008 12:40:55 PM

What's the most remarkable thing the players have done that the developers completely did not expect?
Be it exploits, loopholes, or social dynamics uniques to an online setting, what caught you by surprise, and what, if anything, was done in response?

Ooo... Me likey.
Domokun

Posted by Serpentiator at Jun 17, 2008 4:31:40 AM

Ooo... Me likey.

Mez tooz.

I hope guildmaster would be included in an eventual answer to this question?
- Archonis
Damagon said:

Posted by Captainpuzle at Jun 19, 2008 1:24:12 PM
You should show what happens and HOW you put a release into the game. pictures will help too.
Mysterioso on the Viridian ocean.
Not in a crew or flag at the moment.

Posted by yaypuzzlez at Jun 25, 2008 1:15:56 AM

You should show what happens and HOW you put a release into the game. pictures will help too.

The... Big... Red... Button.

Retired.

Posted by seb_long_uk at Jul 4, 2008 2:05:13 AM
OOO featured in Deputy Dog:
http://deputy-dog.com/2008/04/16/10-annoyingly-brilliant-office-interiors/

and techeblog.com
http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/three-rings-design
Domokun

Posted by silentmonk at Jul 4, 2008 6:41:49 AM
Office... submarine!

Where does Three Rings keep the Jube-Jubes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0al0xeCVCMk

I <3 Kids in the Hall.
Wigglesworth on the Meridian
Wiggle Speculators Ltd.
Rum Soaked Devils

Posted by celiatr at Jul 10, 2008 1:48:37 PM
Request for blog, and more content that might enlighten us to this recent post by Bia.

Also, I am missing the *cough* weekly post by a certain OM and would like more frequent posts about stuff going on in the office by Hypnos. Heck, even poke some of the others in your pod to post too.

I dont think you want me to haunt you while your on duty and petition for blog as well as PMs
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread

Posted by Gaea at Jul 10, 2008 1:53:17 PM

Request for blog, and more content that might enlighten us to this recent post by Bia.

Also, I am missing the *cough* weekly post by a certain OM and would like more frequent posts about stuff going on in the office by Hypnos. Heck, even poke some of the others in your pod to post too.

I dont think you want me to haunt you while your on duty and petition for blog as well as PMs

The blog is currently not liking people who aren't in San Francisco, which is including me. There's a post all ready to go - it might even have been posted, it just hasn't been posted to any area of the internet which is discernable by the human eye. As Hypnos mentioned, the person who looks after that is taking a much-deserved break, but there will be lots of pent-up bloggy goodness as soon as everything's sorted out. :-D

Posted by celiatr at Jul 10, 2008 2:04:28 PM
Could it possibly be posted in a locked sticky in this section til then. I must have my fix o' blog.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread

Posted by Gaea at Jul 10, 2008 2:24:10 PM
Sorry! But I will say this: it involves spandex.

Posted by sweetnessc at Jul 10, 2008 2:28:38 PM
Oh God. What was that Ceph said?

Some things can't be unseen. :-(
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.

Posted by Gaea at Jul 10, 2008 7:35:35 PM
I decided to spare you the spandex for now. Instead, we have a test post of sorts! This has been a test of the Emergent Blogging System. Normal Service Will Resume on Tuesday.

Posted by sweetnessc at Jul 10, 2008 8:22:06 PM
It works it works! And all I got was these spots on my chest.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.

Posted by Fiddler at Jul 10, 2008 9:14:39 PM
Just to be sure, http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/all/ and http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/ both give an aggregate feed of all the blogs, right? I just want to be sure before I update a couple of feedreaders.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

Posted by Hypnos at Jul 11, 2008 4:29:41 PM
That is correct!

Posted by IVdripper at Jul 12, 2008 1:00:46 AM

It works it works! And all I got was these spots on my chest.

I think that might be my fault. My Malacat follows me wherever I go and I stumbled in here and could not get out.

IV(whose DT's miraculously went away as soon as the blog started working again)

IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker

Posted by seb_long_uk at Jul 20, 2008 6:56:59 AM
Has the Adventures browser fishing net caught the tiddlers as planned, or is it too early to tell?
Domokun

Posted by Fiddler at Aug 5, 2008 7:51:31 AM
A couple of questions, both concerning books.

When Cleaver, Bluebeard, Peghead, and the rest of the Sinister Six were first creating Puzzle Pirates, what resources and references did they use to research the world of piracy that they were trying to emulate?

How many OMs and devs can you get to answer this: List your favorite author, and your favorite book (not necessarily by your favorite author).
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Whitewyvern wrote: 

Posted by seb_long_uk at Aug 5, 2008 7:57:49 AM
Are there plans to overhaul the aging Y!PP interface to match the new, beautiful, Adventures interface?
Domokun

Posted by Z1Q at Aug 29, 2008 7:36:15 AM
The first time I read this post, I was amused. I got lost in the 118 bit to naming clothes but I'll go along with the flow ;D

I'd like to see more OM ships like Hera's blog. You see them and wonder what there filled with :P
Boom on Sage Ocean
Hanley on Hunter Ocean
Trib on Viridian Ocean
Senior Officer of Poorly Named Crew
Boom on sails here!

Posted by Cronus at Aug 29, 2008 9:47:10 AM

I'd like to see more OM ships like Hera's blog. You see them and wonder what there filled with :P

I'll be sneaking onto OM ships in the coming months to take pictures and leave a little something behind.

Posted by seb_long_uk at Aug 29, 2008 11:54:13 AM

I'll be sneaking onto OM ships in the coming months to take pictures and leave a little something behind.

Lists of nifty OM renames are awesome too :D
Domokun

Posted by Z1Q at Aug 29, 2008 2:07:28 PM

Yayy!!

I love the presents OMs leave for the others! They can never be outdone!
Boom on Sage Ocean
Hanley on Hunter Ocean
Trib on Viridian Ocean
Boom on sails here!

Posted by Hypnos at Aug 29, 2008 6:02:36 PM
The progressively hideous thrones that Prometheus was leaving behind for me when furniture first came out couldn't be outdone, but that's not a good thing by any measurement.

Posted by Gaea at Aug 29, 2008 7:34:12 PM

The progressively hideous thrones that Prometheus was leaving behind for me when furniture first came out couldn't be outdone, but that's not a good thing by any measurement.

Have you been on his ship? It's terrifying.

Posted by Hera at Aug 29, 2008 10:16:05 PM

Yes. I found your gift yesterday, Cronus. My eyes are still bleeding. I hope you enjoy my thank you gift to you!
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"

Posted by Quitex at Aug 30, 2008 12:59:28 AM
Can I have some of that too, Hera? :)

I would leave you guys some pretty gifts, but I can't sneak in your pirates without getting banned. I don't even think I can get in you accounts anyways <.<
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

Posted by Z1Q at Aug 30, 2008 1:41:36 AM
You don't know how much I want to see Prometheus ship now!

I'm guessing Cronus's present was alot of his eggs >.>
Boom on Sage Ocean
Hanley on Hunter Ocean
Trib on Viridian Ocean
Boom on sails here!

Posted by seb_long_uk at Aug 30, 2008 2:54:53 AM
I snuck aboard an OM ship just in time to discover Cronus' master plan.

Be scared. He is breeding.

Domokun

Posted by yaypuzzlez at Aug 30, 2008 4:12:54 AM
Cronus look pretty when he breeds.

Retired.

Posted by Z1Q at Aug 30, 2008 4:46:19 AM
Ahh, Y!PP is under-attack by Cronus's minions (is that the right spelling? ;S)

Nice picture though :D
Boom on Sage Ocean
Hanley on Hunter Ocean
Trib on Viridian Ocean
Boom on sails here!

Posted by Cronus at Aug 30, 2008 10:22:44 AM

How are you going to feed all of those?

Posted by zedzaroak at Aug 30, 2008 10:25:44 AM
Sure, Cap'n Cleaver should give us a speach!
Dublune

Senior Officer of the crew Ferce Fighters.

Prince of the Flag Be Right Back.

Sage Ocean.

Posted by Z1Q at Aug 31, 2008 2:19:13 PM

How are you going to feed all of those?

On mini-Hera's durr! :P
Boom on Sage Ocean
Hanley on Hunter Ocean
Trib on Viridian Ocean
Boom on sails here!

Posted by Hera at Aug 31, 2008 3:21:28 PM
I'm going to have nightmares.
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"

Posted by randompanzy at Sep 1, 2008 3:30:31 AM

I'm going to have nightmares.

relax hera you should know it could be alot worst :P
Randompanzy from Viridian now sailing on Obsidian
SO of Lion's Roar
Titled Member of Placeholder
The views on my post are of my own and not my flag.

Tranquilized says, u kno yer notorious for lagging? xD

Posted by yaypuzzlez at Sep 1, 2008 11:14:18 AM

Can we see what's inside atl monster? (Gorg, Turtle, Trik) >.>

Retired.

Posted by AhoyLindsay at Sep 1, 2008 11:58:08 AM

You could check the slice of life threads. :P

Posted by Z1Q at Sep 1, 2008 1:32:44 PM

You could check the slice of life bread with your turtle soup threads. :P

Corrected
Boom on Sage Ocean
Hanley on Hunter Ocean
Trib on Viridian Ocean
Boom on sails here!

Posts: 106   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates