mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 30, 2020 9:19:16 PM
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by dulcinea2168 at Dec 9, 2007 10:05:27 PM
Re: Longship Info for QM2
Thank you Wheebiscuit, that was just the info I needed. For some reason the LS bitmaps dl'd into the main QM2 folder and not the images one. After moving them over they open just fine in game.

Yay! Now I'm a happy pirate. :)
----------------------------------------
Aldonza ~ Dulcinea
Sage ~ Malachite (& Viridian)

The dichotomy of me. :D

Rafikie said:

I know where to place my wood.

Posted by _Tirian_ at Dec 20, 2007 2:35:02 PM
I downloaded QM2 a few days ago and have been liking it a lot. But I think I hit a patch of bad data.

In the damage counter, if you ram a sloop against a dhow, it assigns .3 damage to the sloop and .5 to the dhow. From looking at the swordfighting screen that came up, it should actually be the opposite.
Tirian on Viridian

Posted by Soar at Dec 21, 2007 5:16:44 PM
Ahoy mates

The holidays are finally here and so I've got some time to spend on QM. I'll start work on a new patch to get the most recent and common bugs sorted out. Hopefully it should be ready within a week or two.

I especially want to get that "Loading Crew" bug fixed. If you are experiencing this problem I could really use your help to locate exactly whats going wrong. So please post here or send me a PM and we can can get the ball rolling asap.

I'll try to put some time into completing the help files too. Hopefully Lesleywalker will still be up for it :]

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Lulani at Dec 21, 2007 10:19:56 PM
Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support
I am having trouble trying to figure out how to find my chat logs when using windows Vista. Is there any information u can give me on this?

Posted by lesleywalker at Dec 22, 2007 3:32:08 AM
Tailspin wrote: 
The holidays are finally here and so I've got some time to spend on QM.

Huzzah! Good to see ye back again. Remember to spend some time playing too. :-)

I'll try to put some time into completing the help files too. Hopefully Lesleywalker will still be up for it :]

I'll do me best, mateys.
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links

Posted by Rehtwol at Dec 22, 2007 6:50:12 AM
Just one request... could the help files for how to do custom bnav score announcements?

Oh and Soar... I think I found the same problem as ^ I just keep noticing that the ram damage is off on everything but sloop vs sloop or cutter...

anyway! Happy Hollidays!
Hi! I'm:
Rehtwol
Of Midsummer Night's Dream
And I seem to be a member of Prestige...

Lotsofgoats says, "(>'.')> learn how to draw a kirby, newb"

Posted by Rohane at Dec 22, 2007 7:47:42 AM
Hooray! Soar is not dead. Ooops I mean

Avast and shiver me timbers, Soar be not in Davy Jones Lockaaarrrr.
~Rohane
No one agrees with him. Then again he doesn't agree with anyone else either.

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/roms/
The link above is for my own personal benifit. kkthnxbai

Posted by Soar at Dec 22, 2007 5:37:37 PM
2.3 patch prep
Nope, they haven't killed me yet Rohane, but they are persistent. Are you still having the crew loading bug problem? I really need some people experiencing this to send me some data files.

Rehtwol, you should be able to find the info on how to customize your score broadcasts at the very bottom of the "Program Options" page of the help files mate. I'll take a look at the ram damage probs for the new patch.

I'll start on the text for the remaining help pages asap Lesley. Thank the gods you are still around :D

Lulani, have a look at the "Getting Set Up" section of the help files for info on locating your chat logs mate. I'd reccommend making a whole new directory on your main drive and putting them there instead of using the default.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Rohane at Dec 23, 2007 7:49:40 AM
Re: 2.3 patch prep
Heh. Alot of changes has happened since I last talked to ye. That I know of, on my old laptop was still throwing a temper tantrum. However I ended up moving to a new location and in the move lost the power adapter for my laptop. Yay! (If anyone wants to mail me a new one, I need a Gateway Solo 1150 power adapter. $25 usd on ebay ^_^ :P)

In any event I'm on a new computer with window's vista. (gack) so I'll be attempting to try to get QM set up for a blockade thats coming up. Wish me luck!

Edit: So it turns out that I can run Beta QM II 1.0, while also running vent, Y!PP and 5 firefox tabs all of them doing active animation. But when it comes to 2.2 I can't use it on my old laptop.

So far as I can tell QM is working on vista (Thank god for zip files)
~Rohane

Posted by Soar at Dec 24, 2007 7:34:07 PM
Re: 2.3 patch prep

Heh. Alot of changes has happened since I last talked to ye. That I know of, on my old laptop was still throwing a temper tantrum. However I ended up moving to a new location and in the move lost the power adapter for my laptop. Yay! (If anyone wants to mail me a new one, I need a Gateway Solo 1150 power adapter. $25 usd on ebay ^_^ :P)

In any event I'm on a new computer with window's vista. (gack) so I'll be attempting to try to get QM set up for a blockade thats coming up. Wish me luck!

Edit: So it turns out that I can run Beta QM II 1.0, while also running vent, Y!PP and 5 firefox tabs all of them doing active animation. But when it comes to 2.2 I can't use it on my old laptop.

So far as I can tell QM is working on vista (Thank god for zip files)

Are you able to run 2.2 on your new computer?

Tailspin
Arbedar!

Posted by bmnevil1 at Dec 29, 2007 1:21:43 AM
I recently downloaded the latest Quartermaster program, (V. 2.2) and every time I run it it says loading crew and it doesn't load , I then hit abort to retry it and it always says (not responding) next to it so I have to close and restart the program. Now I ask do I have to log in to PP before I start it up or what do I have to do to make it work. Also can anyone supply me with a link to the old versions of QuarterMaster which may work better for my system. My laptop is brand new so I don't think there is any problem with the operating system or hardware in it.

Posted by hockeygeek at Dec 29, 2007 2:20:23 AM

I recently downloaded the latest Quartermaster program, (V. 2.2) and every time I run it it says loading crew and it doesn't load , I then hit abort to retry it and it always says (not responding) next to it so I have to close and restart the program. Now I ask do I have to log in to PP before I start it up or what do I have to do to make it work. Also can anyone supply me with a link to the old versions of QuarterMaster which may work better for my system. My laptop is brand new so I don't think there is any problem with the operating system or hardware in it.

Go back up to page 29 & 30 in this very thread -- we suggest that you remove the QM2 "Users" directory as the fix. Instructions are included if you reference the right posts. (Hint: my post at the top of page 30 is the best place for the impatient to jump.)

And, welcome back Soar!

-Ten
Tengauge of Ship of Fools
in the flag Scarlet Masquerade on Cobalt

Posted by Blackcat_69 at Dec 29, 2007 6:39:41 AM

Yes, you have to log into YPP before you start the program, otherwise there won't be any fresh logs on the character. I'd do this before you follow hockeygeek's advice, though if the problem persists, he is correct.

Blackgato, Captain,
Blue & Violent

* Life would be so much easier if we all read all of stuff before we signed it. - Anonymous soul in hell who signed an early MS EULA

Posted by Soar at Dec 29, 2007 7:14:49 AM

No No! Don't fix it!

I need a copy of your Users folder to run tests on and find out what is causing this stupid bug. Please tell me that you still have them.

*cries*

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Rohane at Dec 29, 2007 9:05:40 AM
2.2 works just fine for me.
~Rohane

Posted by dulcinea2168 at Dec 29, 2007 6:07:02 PM
"Go back up to page 29 & 30 in this very thread -- we suggest that you remove the QM2 "Users" directory as the fix. Instructions are included if you reference the right posts. (Hint: my post at the top of page 30 is the best place for the impatient to jump.)"

Actually Hockeygeek, "this very thread" only has 11 pages in it so far. ;)
Aldonza ~ Dulcinea
Sage ~ Malachite (& Viridian)

The dichotomy of me. :D

Rafikie said:

I know where to place my wood.

Posted by bmnevil1 at Dec 30, 2007 3:02:43 AM

Go back up to page 29 & 30 in this very thread -- we suggest that you remove the QM2 "Users" directory as the fix. Instructions are included if you reference the right posts. (Hint: my post at the top of page 30 is the best place for the impatient to jump.)

And, welcome back Soar!

-Ten

I did what you said to do and deleted the Qm2 users directory. However there is an error message when I open it and when I hit "Go" it says Cannot create file C:\Documents and Settings\Sean\My Documents\QuarterMaster\Users\LogLoc.txt

Posted by Soar at Dec 30, 2007 5:52:11 AM

And, welcome back Soar!

-Ten

I did what you said to do and deleted the Qm2 users directory. However there is an error message when I open it and when I hit "Go" it says Cannot create file C:\Documents and Settings\Sean\My Documents\QuarterMaster\Users\LogLoc.txt

Uninstall QM completely via the control panel add/remove programs. Then try re-installing directly on to C drive. The My Documents folder is not a good place to have stuff installed to.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Blackcat_69 at Dec 30, 2007 6:08:39 AM
Recently I added a USB headphone and Mic combo to my system and everything worked fine for a while, but after swtiching back and forth one time QM lost the ability to access either the headphones or the speakers any more. I looked through all this thread and couldn't find anything to fix it

Is there a quick fix for it?

And Soar, for the next version, is there a way you could add a "Select output" option to the sounds part of the Config to make an easy fix on this?

Blackgato on Midnight

* Listen to the sounds... of silence...

Posted by maxdsterling at Dec 30, 2007 10:52:32 AM
Short answer: Don't swap sound devices while programs are running.

Longer answer:
QM assumes to send sounds to the system's DEFAULT sound driver. If it attaches to the USB sound driver, then you "uninstall" it by removing the headphones, QM gets locked in to sending it to the first device until it's restarted, which was uninstalled. Even if you "reninstall" it, windows may not recognize that it's the same device you just uninstalled and make the link.

Check Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices Properties
Audio Tab -> Sound Playback

The Default Device should be whatever device you are using.

Don't change from USB to speakers while running programs, very few programs can dynamically change their output port properly and require a software restart (or even a system reboot) to enact the changes.

If you insist on changing it, leave the USB dongle plugged in and change default output device via the control panel.
Silverspoon
Retired Senior Officer of The Eternal Hydrae
Echidna's Children

Posted by Blackcat_69 at Dec 30, 2007 3:00:43 PM
Not much help, as this problem has been persistent over many machine reboots, not just a single user session. All the other programs are working with sound, including YPP. The only thing that appears not to be working for sound is QM. I've done a complete uninstall, deletion of the QM directory and reinstall and QM is still not making any sound.

Blackgato

Posted by maxdsterling at Dec 31, 2007 1:02:56 AM
Double check that the sounds haven't been unchecked in the options, though a complete re-installation should solve that.

If it still fails, check that the sound files can be played manually through WMP or winAmp.

Outside of that, I'm personally stumped, perhaps someone else can find the fault in my analysis :P
Silverspoon
Retired Senior Officer of The Eternal Hydrae
Echidna's Children

Posted by Blackcat_69 at Dec 31, 2007 5:41:21 AM
rechecked the sounds after re-install, sounds all play fine in winamp...

I really miss the sounds and had come to rely on them...

Gato

Posted by Soar at Dec 31, 2007 11:42:36 PM

rechecked the sounds after re-install, sounds all play fine in winamp...

I really miss the sounds and had come to rely on them...

Gato

This is not the first time this has popped up unfortunately. I haven't the foggiest idea what is causing it. I'll get on to the programming community about it and see if I can't drudge up a solution for the the coming 2.3 update.

Still looking for someone who has the "Crew Loading.." problem. Anyone left out there, or is anyone able to recreate it?

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Blackcat_69 at Jan 1, 2008 7:34:36 AM
Thanks Mate. When I first installed, it didn't work either. Someone had told me to install quicktime on the computer, so I did and it got the sounds working. This time I even tried uninstalling quick time, booting up QM, killing it, re-installing quick time, but no dice.

Blackgato

Posted by savilpoo at Jan 3, 2008 9:28:27 AM
My auto-plank dosnt work. Can any1 tell me how you get it working. Also if its anything to do with the chatlog plz tell me how 2 do it cause i ave no idea what i put that as. ATM its C:\QuarterMaster\Captinsav_viridian_QuarterMaster.exe

If thats rong tell me what it should be and what i gotta do and stuff cause i dont really no how to set up a chat log. Thx
Captinsav of Viridian.

Posted by Soar at Jan 4, 2008 2:57:39 PM

Thanks Mate. When I first installed, it didn't work either. Someone had told me to install quicktime on the computer, so I did and it got the sounds working. This time I even tried uninstalling quick time, booting up QM, killing it, re-installing quick time, but no dice.

Blackgato

Haven't had much luck finding a solution with this yet. However try the following:

- Uninstall both PP and QM.
- Reinstall QM and run it without the PP client open. You'll need to connect it to your old PP chat logs so don't delete those.
- Go to the QM program options and turn on the music.
- Restart QM and see if the title music plays on the opening screen. If it does reinstall PP and see how it all goes then.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by evry88 at Jan 5, 2008 6:01:06 PM
Hi, last time i checked which was likely a few months ago still had the loading crews problem, will check again as soon as posssible, not on my usual computer this weekend. Uhh, i played around with lots of things though, back when i first posted this problem someone told me to go to some folder some place and play with some + and -....don't know where what was though and can't find that post either. It might had been the users folder, however the fix didn't do anything.
Evry
Captain of the British Eagles
Prince of the Flag Blowin' In The Wind

Viridian.

Posted by Soar at Jan 5, 2008 7:10:16 PM

Hi, last time i checked which was likely a few months ago still had the loading crews problem, will check again as soon as posssible, not on my usual computer this weekend. Uhh, i played around with lots of things though, back when i first posted this problem someone told me to go to some folder some place and play with some + and -....don't know where what was though and can't find that post either. It might had been the users folder, however the fix didn't do anything.

Hopefully the problem will still be there when you get back to your regular computer and we can take a look at finding it. This is the last major bug on my list for the 2.3 update so I'm holding out till I can solve it. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks mate.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Blackcat_69 at Jan 6, 2008 7:47:12 AM

Blackgato

Haven't had much luck finding a solution with this yet. However try the following:

- Uninstall both PP and QM.
- Reinstall QM and run it without the PP client open. You'll need to connect it to your old PP chat logs so don't delete those.
- Go to the QM program options and turn on the music.
- Restart QM and see if the title music plays on the opening screen. If it does reinstall PP and see how it all goes then.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Ok. Long story short. I did a complete re-install of the whole system, upgrading to WinXP. The sound worked to play the opening and was working in the game for a while. Then I changed the default input device (not the default output device) to use a USB microphone. That was when QM stopped making sounds because it gets confused somehow. Even resetting the system Defaults to a single source doesn't fix it... Even full re-installs of QM and YPP don't.

Blackgato, Captain,
Blue and Violent

* Listen to the sounds... of silence... <BLAM-BLAM-BLAM>

Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates