mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 23, 2019 7:10:40 AM
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by tlz_allen at Oct 30, 2007 3:22:44 PM
Custom Sounds
I just had an idea and thought it might be helpful and even add a little character to the QMII program.

Would it be possible to allow users to customize their own sounds for various things?

For example, right now I get a buzzer sound if someone on my blacklist comes aboard a ship. But what if someone wanted to be able to play say the bells from when the wrestler the Undertaker comes in instead, or maybe use the skulls voice from the Disneyland ride saying "Dead men tell no tales!" or even record their own voice saying something cool?

I like most of the sounds that are there now, but allowing users to customize the program could really make it fun and unique.

/my two cents
----------------------------------------
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders

Posted by Rolld20 at Oct 31, 2007 8:12:04 AM
Re: Custom Sounds

Would it be possible to allow users to customize their own sounds for various things?

I believe if you look at the info for the sounds menu, it will tell you how to replace the sounds provided with your own WAV files.

I just downloaded QMII.
I just found out about the 'autoplanking without PTB' feature.
I just fell in love...
Greyrat of Viridian
-------------

"The server is under heavy load due to calculating exactly how big of an idiot you are"

Posted by VemberMertz at Oct 31, 2007 2:06:09 PM
Atlantis Update?
What are the chances we can get the monsters as ships so that it's easier to calculate the damage done/left to sinking? Though it would be a bit unwieldy to keep up with the monsters one-at-a-time since they swarm you and you shoot many at a time, it's still nice to have a handy cheat-sheet for knowing how many small/med/large CBs it takes for the various beasties.

Oh and I second the request for duplicate names clearing - if I'm late on a ship and typing in the /who roster and I hit a name that QM has already registered as on board, it'd be nice if it cleared upon me hitting enter, anyway. Too easy to get PrometheusCleaver as a quirky pirate name - and those longer ones can go unnoticed since the end of the name doesn't show.

But I love love QM :) Last little request, of lowest priority - a way of marking pirates as on station, gunners, or defending (for Atlantis) so you can more easily track down the lazers who are doing neither. This would have to be manually done, but it'd save me a heap of trouble and a spammy, constantly changing Notebook page where I have to type out lengthy, oddly-spelled pirate names :P
Nepenthe of the Sage Ocean
I PUSH BUH-TON! Shineeeeeeeey

Posted by Rolld20 at Nov 1, 2007 6:09:00 AM
Re: Training Blocked?
I'm sorry if this has been answered in the 200+ posts previous, but is there any way to look at the Officer Training slides *without* meeting the built-in requirements? I would love to see what's in there, but in three hours of navying, I couldn't get my gunning up to Master, and I'm sorely discouraged...
Greyrat of Viridian
-------------

"The server is under heavy load due to calculating exactly how big of an idiot you are"

Posted by lesleywalker at Nov 2, 2007 1:04:03 AM
You need to edit the training course and change the requirements. The help for that part should be all there.
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links

Posted by PegLegsWhore at Nov 12, 2007 11:57:55 AM
Any idea when an update to include Longships will be ready for us?

Thanks!

Peglegjami
Midnight ocean
Peglegjami
Captain of The Sirens' Lament on Midnight

----------------------------------------------------------------
Everytime I see my username I cringe...what was I thinking?! Oh yeah, now I remember. *shakes her head*

Posted by lesleywalker at Nov 12, 2007 4:00:05 PM
I have just dug out the author's email address and sent a query - I'll let you all know if I hear anything.
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links

Posted by Beautymaus at Nov 13, 2007 9:21:25 AM
Sry if this has already been asked somewhere, but I cant find it.

What exactly is the size of the pictures in the trainer? My pictures are always scaled which makes them look strange, so I'd like to know the exact size to cut and scale them myself.

Posted by Blackcat_69 at Nov 22, 2007 3:43:09 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to block it from updating the Crew list after a SF while in Atlantis?

An additional suggestion would be the ability to make possible the use of separate Auto-Chat sections. I use most of mine right now, and find myself wishing I could tailor the lists to what I'm doing at the time. Separate ones for Atlantis, Flotillas, Blockades and Pillages, not to mention events would be really useful. While many would be similar, and I still have to clear out the ones referring to more to this station or that with the ability now present in the YPP client itself, the differences are enough to make it a useful feature.

Blackgato, Captain,
Blue and Violent, Midnight

Goldhart, Midnight, XO/Navver for hire...

Jammer, FO, Cobalt

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Nov 23, 2007 7:48:25 AM

Sry if this has already been asked somewhere, but I cant find it.

What exactly is the size of the pictures in the trainer? My pictures are always scaled which makes them look strange, so I'd like to know the exact size to cut and scale them myself.

Looking at them in a picture editor, it seems they are 140 x 140 pixels. I hope this helps.

- Aarghbird from Cobalt
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Nov 23, 2007 7:56:32 AM

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to block it from updating the Crew list after a SF while in Atlantis?

An additional suggestion would be the ability to make possible the use of separate Auto-Chat sections. I use most of mine right now, and find myself wishing I could tailor the lists to what I'm doing at the time. Separate ones for Atlantis, Flotillas, Blockades and Pillages, not to mention events would be really useful. While many would be similar, and I still have to clear out the ones referring to more to this station or that with the ability now present in the YPP client itself, the differences are enough to make it a useful feature.

I can't help with yer first question, as I think it would take a programming change and Soar is not available. As for the Auto-chat idea, here is a suggestion.

Autochat buttons are kept in QuarterMaster\Users\Universal Pirate (or under individual pirates if you don't use Universal Pirate.) The file is named ChatBtns.txt. I have to assume you could create other flies called, say, ChatBtns.Atlantis and ChatBtns.Flotillas or some such method, and copy that file onto the ChatBtns.txt file. Not as elegant as having a drop down list of chat button files, but at least it should work.

Good luck!

- Aarghbird on Cobalt
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Nov 24, 2007 11:37:40 AM
Longship Info for QM2
I have modified the QM tables to add the Longship. I used the info from the Yppedia such as it is. I am unsure of two things (and could have made errors on a couple of others.)

Hit Points: 34 This is based on SCBs needed to sink. It may be better at 35

Ram Damage: 1 I have no clue so I set it like a sloop / cutter - can someone test this and report?

I would like to send the new table to a couple of experienced testers. Please PM me with your email address so I can do that. I ask that you not post it anywhere public. I will try to post a linky for it on the Yppedia after we test it a bit more. It shouldn't take long.

My thanks to Soar for taking time to give me a couple of pointers on how to set this up. He is way too busy in RL to do it himself, but did take the time to point me to where to make the changes. He is a great pirate and mate to help out so much!

Aarghbird
Captain of Rum by Gum
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Posted by lazzamf at Nov 28, 2007 4:20:57 PM
Re: Longship Info for QM2
Help? I recently installed QM - and I can NOT get it to work. It continually freezes on finding crew - then goes blank. Ive tried everything - what can I do?
Queenofb

Tillathehuny pulls you into the corner & does things to you that make ppl's cheeks turn red

Posted by Mr_Swagger at Nov 28, 2007 4:30:15 PM

Help? I recently installed QM - and I can NOT get it to work. It continually freezes on finding crew - then goes blank. Ive tried everything - what can I do?

Samething happen to me. I just uninstalled it even the left over QM folder ( In the Local Disk (C:) drive) and reinstalled it. If that doesn't work not sure of anything else but it worked for me.
Timberland All Oceans

Posted by lazzamf at Nov 28, 2007 9:20:58 PM
Well, I've done that too... deleted everythig related to it, even the cookies, then re installed it... still can't get it to work... /e cries...

for any other ideas, i use windows xp home... and i'd kill to be able to use this program... :-/
Queenofb

Tillathehuny pulls you into the corner & does things to you that make ppl's cheeks turn red

Posted by hockeygeek at Nov 29, 2007 12:29:06 PM

Well, I've done that too... deleted everythig related to it, even the cookies, then re installed it... still can't get it to work... /e cries...

for any other ideas, i use windows xp home... and i'd kill to be able to use this program... :-/

Had a similar issue on one of our machines. To fix, we didn't even need to uninstall, it turns out. Manually deleting the entire "users" subdirectory (which doesn't get removed in a QM uninstall) from underneath the QM2 install directory while QM2 is NOT running and then starting QM2 up again fixed the problem. The only caveat is that you'll lose all of the QM program settings and will need to reconfigure it from scratch.

This may be the sledgehammer approach -- it's *possible* that removing or editing a single file in that directory could work, but we didn't spend that much time on it.

-Ten
Tengauge of Ship of Fools
in the flag Scarlet Masquerade on Cobalt

Posted by hockeygeek at Nov 29, 2007 12:32:19 PM

I have modified the QM tables to add the Longship. I used the info from the Yppedia such as it is. I am unsure of two things (and could have made errors on a couple of others.)

Hit Points: 34 This is based on SCBs needed to sink. It may be better at 35

Ram Damage: 1 I have no clue so I set it like a sloop / cutter - can someone test this and report?

I would like to send the new table to a couple of experienced testers. Please PM me with your email address so I can do that. I ask that you not post it anywhere public. I will try to post a linky for it on the Yppedia after we test it a bit more. It shouldn't take long.

My thanks to Soar for taking time to give me a couple of pointers on how to set this up. He is way too busy in RL to do it himself, but did take the time to point me to where to make the changes. He is a great pirate and mate to help out so much!

Aarghbird
Captain of Rum by Gum

I modified my own QM2 config a while ago to include the Longship data, but I'm not sure how accurate it is either. I'll send you a PM with mine and we can compare notes.

Also, did you get artwork for it? I'm just re-using the cutter graphics for the longship so there's at least something in there...

-Ten

Posted by lazzamf at Nov 29, 2007 11:21:45 PM

Had a similar issue on one of our machines. To fix, we didn't even need to uninstall, it turns out. Manually deleting the entire "users" subdirectory (which doesn't get removed in a QM uninstall) from underneath the QM2 install directory while QM2 is NOT running and then starting QM2 up again fixed the problem. The only caveat is that you'll lose all of the QM program settings and will need to reconfigure it from scratch.

This may be the sledgehammer approach -- it's *possible* that removing or editing a single file in that directory could work, but we didn't spend that much time on it.

-Ten

erm...ok... im pretty much a pc greenie lol - how do i look for this and where would i find it? and then how do i reconfigure it? sorry to be such a pain in the booty...
Queenofb

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Nov 30, 2007 10:29:42 AM
Tenguage wrote: 

I modified my own QM2 config a while ago to include the Longship data, but I'm not sure how accurate it is either. I'll send you a PM with mine and we can compare notes.

Also, did you get artwork for it? I'm just re-using the cutter graphics for the longship so there's at least something in there...

-Ten

I made my own graphics which look ok, not super. I will send ya the linky for the download of all of it when I reply to your PM.

I plan to test ramming damage today with a couple of my ships.

Aarghbird
Captain of Rum by Gum on Cobalt
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Nov 30, 2007 11:10:13 AM

erm...ok... im pretty much a pc greenie lol - how do i look for this and where would i find it? (It being your Users folder.) and then how do i reconfigure it? sorry to be such a pain in the booty...

You look in the folder that you installed QM into. I guess normally that is something like: C:\Progam Files\Quartermaster

There is a subfolder called Users - that is the one you need to delete. Let us know if you need more help finding it.

Aarghbird
Captain of Rum by Gum on Cobalt
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Posted by hockeygeek at Nov 30, 2007 11:48:57 AM

erm...ok... im pretty much a pc greenie lol - how do i look for this and where would i find it? and then how do i reconfigure it? sorry to be such a pain in the booty...

Providing even a bit more detail than Aarghbird just did:

1) Make sure Quartermaster is not running
2) Open up Windows Explorer or "My Computer" and look for the "Quartermaster" directory -- it *may* be at the root of your C:\ drive, but more likely than not, it's in "C:\Program Files".
3) Once you find that Quartermaster directory, change into it.
4) (optional) Right-click on the "Users" folder you should see in there, and click "copy", and then "Paste" it, either to the current Quartermaster folder, or to somewhere else on your hard drive. This makes a back-up copy, which is *never* a bad idea when you're doing stuff like this.
5) Right-click on the "Users" folder, and then click on "delete" from the pop-up menu that you'll get.
6) Start Quartermaster

With any luck, QM will start up, re-create the default files for the Users directory, and skip the bit about Loading Crew that's causing it to hang for you.

If that doesn't work, the only other option I can think of is to uninstall QM, then make sure you delete the *entire* quartermaster directory that we found in step 2, and then re-install and try it again.

Good luck!

-Ten

Posted by davsbrander at Nov 30, 2007 1:33:25 PM
I'm not really in the mood to wade through this thread, so could you post the latest link to get the updated QM with longship data?

kkthnxbai!

<3
Davsbrander

Posted by dulcinea2168 at Nov 30, 2007 4:58:50 PM
Well, see, that's the beauty of "wading through" the back posts for a few days, Davsbrander. If you did it then you would see that there hasn't been an update for QM2 to include the longships just yet. Wheebiscuit is still testing it before it gets linked for release.
Aldonza ~ Dulcinea
Sage ~ Malachite (& Viridian)

The dichotomy of me. :D

Rafikie said:

I know where to place my wood.

Posted by tlz_allen at Dec 6, 2007 4:00:47 PM

Well, see, that's the beauty of "wading through" the back posts for a few days, Davsbrander. If you did it then you would see that there hasn't been an update for QM2 to include the longships just yet. Wheebiscuit is still testing it before it gets linked for release.

He just got game married, so he's probably still in shock. Give him a few days and he sane right up. ;)
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Dec 7, 2007 1:57:04 PM
I am ready for some testers to try out the update to QM2 for the Viking Longship. It can be downloaded from my pirate page. Please try it out, and comment. I hope to add the link to the QM2 Yppedia page soon. The files will add the profile for the Longship, and also the damage counter should work for it either as your ship, or as a brigand vessel.

Aarghbird
Captain of Rum by Gum
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Posted by maxdsterling at Dec 7, 2007 2:45:22 PM
Appears to work flawlessly.

The only debatable issue appears to be the stats of the ship, but that can be quickly edited via the config.txt file later.

Well Done Mate!

P.S. Does anyone know what language this program was written in? Is Soar's team willing to release the code? I would be willing to take a shot at 'tweaking' it further. (Like delaying downloading of the personal pirate page until after the main GUI is loaded)
Silverspoon
Retired Senior Officer of The Eternal Hydrae
Echidna's Children

Posted by davsbrander at Dec 7, 2007 2:54:13 PM

He just got game married, so he's probably still in shock. Give him a few days and he sane right up. ;)

Also I'm lazy. Wading through is something I only do when I have too... but thanks for the info

Tlz, all the greetings I've had recently included the phrase: "Hows married life treating you?" LOL
Davsbrander

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Dec 7, 2007 9:36:14 PM

Appears to work flawlessly.

The only debatable issue appears to be the stats of the ship, but that can be quickly edited via the config.txt file later.

I did extensive testing on the stats, and they seem to be correct. They mesh with the latest data posted in the discussion at the Yppedia for the Longship. If ye find a problem, let me know.

Well Done Mate!

P.S. Does anyone know what language this program was written in? Is Soar's team willing to release the code? I would be willing to take a shot at 'tweaking' it further. (Like delaying downloading of the personal pirate page until after the main GUI is loaded)

Soar would not release the code when I asked, and he stated he was way too busy to do any work on it himself. I did what I could to fix it up after testing ramming and shooting.

Aarghbird
Captain of Rum by Gum
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Posted by dulcinea2168 at Dec 8, 2007 12:21:47 PM
It all looks good from what I can tell. The only problem I'm having (and it's a minor prob at best) is that it won't open the pic of the longship. Here's a copy of the error msg I get when I choose the longship from the dropdown lists:

Cannot open file C:\QuarterMaster\image\LSsm.bmp

And hey, I don't need a pic of the standard longship to use the stats and damage counter anyway. ;)

Thanks for the update, Wheebiscuit - it's going to make pillaging with my longship that much easier!
Aldonza ~ Dulcinea
Sage ~ Malachite (& Viridian)

The dichotomy of me. :D

Rafikie said:

I know where to place my wood.

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Dec 9, 2007 10:19:51 AM

Cannot open file C:\QuarterMaster\image\LSsm.bmp

Double check your Quartermaster\Images folder to make sure the file is there, and not in the Quartermaster root folder or some other place. I double checked the files and they open for me just fine, but in the program and with an image editor. It should work ok. Note that the proper folder name is \images with an 's' at the end.

Good luck!

Aarghbird on Cobalt
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates