mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 14, 2019 3:21:53 AM
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by chupchup at Jun 10, 2007 2:51:30 AM
Damage Counter math
It has been disputed in this thread and the YPPedia that the cutter and dhow have 125 hit points, rather than 120, thus making the damage figures (7.2, 4.8, 3.6 etc.) possibly inaccurate.

Also, QM's results for ship-to-ship rams vary wildly from the YPPedia's ram damage table, which asserts that rock damage is the same as ship rams. As far as I can recall without more testing, QM seems to be showing the accurate numbers here.
----------------------------------------
The pirate formerly known as Ljamethyst.

I think the Sublime trophy is a happy idea. Sublime is to be celebrated.

Posted by Soar at Jun 10, 2007 9:57:36 AM
Re: Damage Counter math

It has been disputed in this thread and the YPPedia that the cutter and dhow have 125 hit points, rather than 120, thus making the damage figures (7.2, 4.8, 3.6 etc.) possibly inaccurate.

Also, QM's results for ship-to-ship rams vary wildly from the YPPedia's ram damage table, which asserts that rock damage is the same as ship rams. As far as I can recall without more testing, QM seems to be showing the accurate numbers here.

Arrrrr, not this can of worms...... please, please not this can.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Soar at Jun 11, 2007 6:04:20 AM
Ahoy mates

Slight delay in putting out the next patch. I think I may have the Vista problems licked, or at least a starting point to fixing them. So I'd like to put in some test code for that with 2.2.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Soar at Jun 13, 2007 8:13:24 AM
Ahoy!

At last its ready.

Here be the patch notes for version 2.2. You should get a notification of the update the next time your run QM.

-----------------------------------------------------
QuarterMaster V2.2 Patch Notes

- There is now an option to have QM remember your settings when specifying the chat log or yohoho.log locations manually. This option is located on the Set Up panel, on the login screen.
- Autoplank should now reset to off every time you board a new vessel. Re-boarding the same vessel will leave the setting as is.
- The pillage reset pop-up should no longer appear when trying to board a ship in battle.
- Fixed problems causing damage score broadcast options to reset to percentage.
- The help button in the program options window should now work correctly.
- QM will no longer let you log in if your chat logs are more than 48 hours old. This is to help detect out of date, and possibly incorrect, chat log connections.
- A warning is now issued if QM cannot find a PP game window which matches your current QM pirate and ocean.
- The auto detection of home ship types should work correctly now on both the vessel info panel and damage counter.
- My Crew is now automatically linked and updated whenever you log in if you have the load crew on start up option turned on.
- The Baghlah images have been added.
- Hopefully fixed the pillage window sizing problems caused by Windows Vista. Please let me know if this has worked or not.
- Added buttons to allow you to jump to the end or beginning of a training course. The jump-to-end button will only take you as far as your current step.
- I am unable to get auto chat to drop you out of puzzle mode to send a message. I also tried this on the old 1.7C version and found it was broken there too. So this may be a PP client change. For now you will need to manually hit the ESC key before sending auto chat messages while puzzling (let me know if this is not working). This problem will likely mess up all QM chat commands while you are actively puzzling, including auto plank... bummer.

-----------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if that Vista sizing problem has been fixed with this update. I don't have access to this OS myself.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Ploute at Jun 13, 2007 8:42:33 AM
I downloaded the new patch and now it's not letting me log into QM for my character. It says the Chat logs are over 48 hours old which I find hard to believe since I'm sitting ON the character at this second. I tried restarting QM that did not work.

Ah, had to re-login my pirate, that seems to have kicked it into working.

Well being able to hit ESC and then hitting the auto chat seems to be working. I tried it out in a SF match. We'll see if it continues to work on a pillage.
--Ploute

Crazy Oeddies Toga Emporium, Cnossos, Midnight Ocean
Captain of Running Wild

Awesome Avatar done by GypsyGinger of Midnight

Posted by Rohane at Jun 13, 2007 5:10:06 PM
QM II is sooo not working.
Okay... QM II still isn't working.

Now then it wasn't working before, but now its really not working. Downloaded the patch and am still having the same symptoms... not able to log on bla bla bla. It freezes at loading crew.

Maybe if I delete my chat logs? Grr but i really don't wanna do that.
~Rohane
No one agrees with him. Then again he doesn't agree with anyone else either.

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/roms/
The link above is for my own personal benifit. kkthnxbai

Posted by Rohane at Jun 13, 2007 5:19:34 PM
Re: QM II is sooo not working.
oh deary me... delete my chatlogs did nothing...

>_< Soar what the heck did you do to make QM not work for me...
~Rohane

Posted by Ploute at Jun 13, 2007 6:10:31 PM

oh deary me... delete my chatlogs did nothing...

Mate can I ask how much RAM you got? I know that QM 1 loaded a LOT faster than QM 2 does. So it's possible your RAM is getting bogged down. Try closing some things and also if you don't have a high speed connection that could be it too. Cause when it's doing Crew Info it's accessing the internet so it may not be freezing just taking considerably longer than you'd like. Be patient and close down all that you can.
--Ploute

Captain of Running Wild

Posted by samtheboy at Jun 13, 2007 11:29:17 PM

- QM will no longer let you log in if your chat logs are more than 48 hours old. This is to help detect out of date, and possibly incorrect, chat log connections.

I'm confused about this one... why is this necessary and what does it add to the program?

WM
Want an avatar like mine? Just ask Phillite
"Sigh. No, you're never getting unbanned after making me waste 5 minutes of my time cleaning up after you." - Lizthegrey

Posted by Soar at Jun 14, 2007 1:13:44 AM

Mwhahahaha!

...but I will take a look at this soon as I can. Can't have a mate from UMF put out. You guys do great pillages :]

The 48 age alert on chat logs will help prevent people from hooking up incorrect chat logs that may still be lurking around after they had changed the PP logging directory in the past. This is one of the bigger problems new users had when first setting the program up. I'm thinking to change it to 7 days though.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by evry88 at Jun 14, 2007 11:12:10 AM
QM II is not working.
I used to have QM 1 but i decided it was time to update to QM II

I downloaded everything fine and just as it was written.

But my first time loading it says i am supposed to get in THEN link my crew. Somehow the thing is searching for pirate first then immediately goes to loading crew....
i never selected any options, just click my pirate name and then go. Then while it is "loading my crew" it freezes and i am forced to wait and then get the non-responding message.....

I have no clue what i have done wrong.. i tried re-downloading, doing it with PP on and open, off, on my crew page, and every other possibility (that i can think of).

I am extremely confused... :/
Evry
Captain of the British Eagles
Prince of the Flag Blowin' In The Wind

Viridian.

Posted by Ploute at Jun 14, 2007 1:13:41 PM

I'm thinking to change it to 7 days though.

Why not say 10 days cause then it would be the same as the pirate going dormant? Just a thought.

Also for some reason when I put in a Custom Damage counter the numbers on the Damage Counter still don't respond when I hit a CB or Ram of either type. I can see it registering in the number of blocks it shows but the number doesn't change on the Dmg Counter itself which is a problem.

Lastly you unfortunately didn't entirely fix the problem with using Auto Chat in a puzzle. I tried to use one while I was in a Nav puzzle and it wouldn't work. Either with hitting it first or hitting ESC then the key. Neither optioned seemed to work.

Otherwise so far so good.
--Ploute

Captain of Running Wild

Posted by Ploute at Jun 14, 2007 1:16:51 PM
Re: QM II is not working.

But my first time loading it says i am supposed to get in THEN link my crew. Somehow the thing is searching for pirate first then immediately goes to loading crew....
i never selected any options, just click my pirate name and then go. Then while it is "loading my crew" it freezes and i am forced to wait and then get the non-responding message.....

I have no clue what i have done wrong.. i tried re-downloading, doing it with PP on and open, off, on my crew page, and every other possibility (that i can think of).

I had this same problem at first. Your best bet is to first make sure that your logs are in the right place that it's pointing to get them. Also you might want to disable the Yohoho parsing. Also try not making it a Universal Pirate. Then if that doesn't work. Uninstall and try again. I know once I got a bad download for one reason or another. Hope this helps.
--Ploute

Captain of Running Wild

Posted by jasonr57 at Jun 14, 2007 1:21:45 PM
QM fer Mac
Will QM ever be available fer Mac?
Mouselord on the Viridian Ocean
SO of the crew Shell Shock
Member of the flag RiddleMakers

Posted by Ploute at Jun 14, 2007 1:29:21 PM
Re: QM fer Mac

Will QM ever be available fer Mac?

Only if someone can find someone that knows how to code for Mac. Unfortunately all of the team members that are coders only do coding for PC's or the like. If someone out there knows someone that can code for Mac. PLEASE put them in contact with Tailspin. It would be great.
--Ploute

Captain of Running Wild

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Jun 14, 2007 2:22:03 PM

The 48 age alert on chat logs will help prevent people from hooking up incorrect chat logs that may still be lurking around after they had changed the PP logging directory in the past. This is one of the bigger problems new users had when first setting the program up. I'm thinking to change it to 7 days though.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

In my opinion, I would like this to be an option, or a pop-up question such as "The chat log for this pirate is over 7 days old. OK to use?"

I have alts that I may not use for 7 days, and I have accounts on different oceans I may not play for weeks or months. If I do play them, I still want the option of using QM.

- Aarghbird (who has deferred downloading the latest release for fear of not being able to use QM with all of his pirates.)
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes

Posted by Tiberyus at Jun 14, 2007 2:54:16 PM
OMG! OMG! OMG!

Was on a WB pillage, got engaged in battle with a WF, I was cautiously recording 3 cb and 3 ram hits. Was I surprized when I saw we're not maxed in SF. I'm positive it was set to WB and WF and I didn't miss anything. I blame oversizing ram damage. Please, test and fix.
Tiberyus, in a crew on an ocean

people are harsh on ypp

Posted by Ploute at Jun 14, 2007 9:24:57 PM

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Was on a WB pillage, got engaged in battle with a WF, I was cautiously recording 3 cb and 3 ram hits. Was I surprized when I saw we're not maxed in SF. I'm positive it was set to WB and WF and I didn't miss anything. I blame oversizing ram damage. Please, test and fix.

OMG OMG OMG! Chill out!

If it is off and a bit higher so be it. Or you could always be off on your counting. I'd rather it be a little bit less than I expect than more. If there is some rounding going on I'm glad its up. If you want it exact so badly you can do it yourself mate. You know BEFORE QM was around people counted on paper or in their heads.

So take a chill pill and just realize you may have been wrong before you go off on Tailspin.
--Ploute

Captain of Running Wild

Posted by Soar at Jun 15, 2007 1:55:10 AM

Arbedar!
Tailspin

In my opinion, I would like this to be an option, or a pop-up question such as "The chat log for this pirate is over 7 days old. OK to use?"

I have alts that I may not use for 7 days, and I have accounts on different oceans I may not play for weeks or months. If I do play them, I still want the option of using QM.

- Aarghbird (who has deferred downloading the latest release for fear of not being able to use QM with all of his pirates.)

It wont actually stop you using QM. All you need to do is log into PP on the pirate before loggin into QM, that way your chat logs will start streaming and the file date will be bumped up to current.

Next patch I'll knock the detection back to 7 days and make a new program option to turn it off completely for users who know they got things set up right.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Soar at Jun 15, 2007 2:03:18 AM

OMG! OMG! OMG!

what was your final block count?

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by evry88 at Jun 15, 2007 9:57:48 AM

I had this same problem at first. Your best bet is to first make sure that your logs are in the right place that it's pointing to get them. Also you might want to disable the Yohoho parsing. Also try not making it a Universal Pirate. Then if that doesn't work. Uninstall and try again. I know once I got a bad download for one reason or another. Hope this helps.

I did as you suggested and by re-downloading i meant just that, uninstall and re-download.......:/ Thanks for trying but i am still lost....Any other ideas? Anyone?
Evry

Viridian.

Posted by Rohane at Jun 15, 2007 2:54:15 PM

I did as you suggested and by re-downloading i meant just that, uninstall and re-download.......:/ Thanks for trying but i am still lost....Any other ideas? Anyone?

*sighs* Looks like you and me are in this together mate. Disabled the parsing, disabled universal pirate, still freezes.

Problem is, I think it might not be with the chatfile coding but rather the crew database coding?

I don't mind going back to QM I so long as I can just use it again.. doing WF's without it is a PAIN.
~Rohane

Posted by Tiberyus at Jun 15, 2007 3:12:41 PM
4 n' a halfish rows, SF. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything, and ram damage DOES look bit overrated. It's right now set at 1,5 lcb equivalent, in the conditions of WB vs WF.

And I'm chill. I just abuse expresional acronyms too much. Lol...
Tiberyus, in a crew on an ocean

people are harsh on ypp

Posted by Rohane at Jun 15, 2007 3:48:20 PM
And Soar,

Yeah it would help to see what we can do about this bug, considering that 1 of the WFing SO's has become a poker trollop, the other 3 arn't on as much, and I'm the only one left. v_v

Yes I still War Frig despite the new jobber payout. (Which ain't so new)

Hmm I wonder if QM II beta still works.
~Rohane

Posted by Soar at Jun 15, 2007 7:49:31 PM

And Soar,

Yeah it would help to see what we can do about this bug, considering that 1 of the WFing SO's has become a poker trollop, the other 3 arn't on as much, and I'm the only one left. v_v

Arrr, thats not good.

Here is a work around that will turn off your crew loading, and probably allow you to login. I'll get a fix out in the next update.

Open this file: C:\QuarterMaster\Users\Options.txt
That directory location is relative to where ever you have installed QM.

You'll see a number of headings like "General" and "Pillage", each one followed by a bunch of pluses or minuses.

Look under the first heading called "General".
Change the last two lines under this heading to minuses.

Be sure not to leave any blank spaces after the minus characters, and definitly don't add any new lines or change any other things.

Save the file and try to log in to QM. Hopefully this should be a temporary fix. Your crew list won't be up to date, but at least you will be able to use the program.

Let me know how it goes.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by KimKatianna at Jun 16, 2007 12:31:15 AM
Windows Vista window resizing appears to be all fixed!

Whoo hoo!!! Thank ye!
JadeBlythe

Proud to serve as Captain of the
Pirates Pleasure Chest Crew

Princess of Grabthar's Hammer

Hands off my Booty!!!

Cobalt Ocean

Posted by evry88 at Jun 16, 2007 4:22:01 AM

And Soar,

Arrr, thats not good.

Here is a work around that will turn off your crew loading, and probably allow you to login. I'll get a fix out in the next update.

You'll see a number of headings like "General" and "Pillage", each one followed by a bunch of pluses or minuses.

Be sure not to leave any blank spaces after the minus characters, and definitly don't add any new lines or change any other things.

Save the file and try to log in to QM. Hopefully this should be a temporary fix. Your crew list won't be up to date, but at least you will be able to use the program.

Let me know how it goes.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

I have the same problem as him and it didn't work for me.... still did the same exact thing as before....
Don't know if this helps but when ever i do it without PP on or even a client loaded QM seems to load a client for me but not log in of course.....

If the white-ish bar on the way bottom of the QM window helps it is stuck directly under the R in Rings when it freezes...always the same exact problems.....

Also another problem (XD)
the first time i downloaded there was music playing when i went to the log in screen...every download after that and every attempt to open that download lacked music.....maybe that will somehow help you diagnose the problem.
Evry

Viridian.

Posted by chupchup at Jun 16, 2007 5:30:04 AM

4 n' a halfish rows, SF. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything, and ram damage DOES look bit overrated. It's right now set at 1,5 lcb equivalent, in the conditions of WB vs WF.

And I'm chill. I just abuse expresional acronyms too much. Lol...

It sounds highly unlikely that 3 large + 3 rams would inflict 27 blocks.

A single War Frigate ram vs. a Sloop inflicts 18 blocks, I tested this personally. Done to a War Brig that's going to translate to 7.2 blocks (there's that evil number again...) round it down to 7, and QM shows this correctly.

Possible scenarios that would've given you about 27 blocks:

2 rams, 3 shots: 28 blocks
3 rams, 1 shot: 26 blocks
4 rocks, 3 shots: 26 blocks
3 rams, 2 shots from a Merchant Galleon: 27 blocks
3 rams, 3 shots from a War Brig: 25 blocks

I have been looking into this whole damage thing since I found that the Wiki page I had been using (the Ship article) was inaccurate, it used to say that rocks and rams dealt the same damage, and this was contradicted by by QM and the Ram article, so I went through and cleaned it all up, carefully, after extensive testing. All articles are now consistent with each other and QM's reports, except for the other thing we were talking about... sigh.
The pirate formerly known as Ljamethyst.

I think the Sublime trophy is a happy idea. Sublime is to be celebrated.

Posted by mistakemker at Jun 16, 2007 6:28:00 AM
Error Message
Im getting a message in a window when i log in on QM.

DBISAM Engine Error # 9729 Duplicate key found in the index 'Primary' of the table 'Pirates'

What is the problem?
Mistakemker of Viridian Ocean

Senior Officer and Counselor of the crew Aqua Vitae.

Posted by Rohane at Jun 16, 2007 9:09:58 AM

And Soar,

Arrr, thats not good.

Let me know how it goes.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Did nothing to help me. THere we're 2 ++'s at the bottom of 'General' I'm assuming those are the ones I should have turned into minus's? Still getting same thing, timing out.
~Rohane

Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates