mvnForum Homepage

Print at Apr 21, 2019 3:04:40 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Hanzii at May 27, 2003 5:22:43 PM
Increase in standing for evasion
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as it stands now, your standing in seabattles only increases after winning a swordfight at sea.

But with the low profitmargins on trading I find it imperative to avoid fighting alltogether.
I find that the NPP brigands usually are really bad sailors, but better swordfighters.
So I tend to concentrate on hiring NPPs, that are good saiolors and get me where I want to go fast - nevermind the fighting.

So I want to get recognized for being damn good at avoiding colliding with the opponents ship and evading after 10 rounds.

Your standing as a coward is now legendary.
----------------------------------------
Hanzii - shipbuilder (retired), Turtle

Posted by stevoid at May 27, 2003 5:33:24 PM
Re: Increase in standing for evasion
LOL!

Actually I think that is quite a good idea in one way (good evasion tactics being useful now that the brigands are out in force)...your standing in evasion gets rated according to how well you run away from someone who intercepted you. Whether it's a good or a bad point on your permanent record, I don't know.

Posted by Hanzii at May 27, 2003 7:32:45 PM
One reason not to do thius, is that escaping takes hardly any skill.
If you have tokens and ujses the natural currents - no NPP will ever catch you.
a reason to doing it is giving players some sort of price for the immense boredom of waiting 10 turns before their sailing commences.

Posted by Meghaford at May 27, 2003 9:23:44 PM
On the contrary, of late NPP Brigands will often run into me if I just wait. Usually when I'm out alone trading, and decide to load cannons to lob at them for a few turns...
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...

Posted by Hanzii at May 27, 2003 9:50:18 PM
Meghaford wrote: 
On the contrary, of late NPP Brigands will often run into me if I just wait. Usually when I'm out alone trading, and decide to load cannons to lob at them for a few turns...

That's not contrary.
That's what I meant.
Evading is dead easy. Getting caught is harder... you have to play sitting duck, so you don't confuse the poor ai. maybe turn a bit, so you can give them a few broadsides before they stumble into you ;)

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates