mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 14, 2019 7:51:28 PM
Posted by jiggly at May 22, 2003 2:01:59 PM
help on deleted characters !
i accidentally deleted my character !! is there any way i can get him back?

Posted by BootyLubber at May 22, 2003 3:31:59 PM
Re: help on deleted characters !
Arrr, I always said Mr. Jiggly be a fine sailor, just not right in the head.

Posted by Hevneren at May 22, 2003 9:27:46 PM
arr!
wish they added a safety incase ye accidently pushed that button. like a little window that pops up with do you really want to delete this character and a yes or no button.
----------------------------------------
Give up or taste my swordfight skills!
hArr hArr!

Posted by Meghaford at May 22, 2003 10:13:55 PM
they do... you have to push the button twice... Although an added time delay would be nice (as well as the flashy little icon), as double clicking is fairly common.
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...

Posted by Hevneren at May 22, 2003 10:26:22 PM
oh
maybe the screen could go red. maybe flash dark and brigt red with DANGER written in big letters on screen. and a alarm sound could be added. and u had to write in your password to delete it after you pushed the button!
Give up or taste my swordfight skills!
hArr hArr!

Posted by stevoid at May 23, 2003 1:45:06 AM
I can sympathise Jiggly...almost deleted Sadako yesterday due to my mouse wandering problem (it has a life of its own!)

AFAIK you can only recreate a character named the same & start him again?

Posted by Nemo at May 23, 2003 2:06:01 AM
What a world, what a world, what a world...
Alas, yes, your character is gone for good. However, that's not nearly the problem in this game that it is in others. All of you character's "experience" is in your head (and fingers). The way the ranking system works, after an hour or so of puzzling you should reacquire all those lost puzzle ranks. As for gold or items, hopefully you have a friendly crew.

To more capably prevent this from happening, maybe the "confirm delete" button should be in a separate screen space from the regular "delete" button. Having them come up in the same button does make chronic double-clickers prone to deletion.

Condolences,
-Nemo

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates