mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 22, 2019 3:54:48 AM
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Fiddler at Jun 8, 2006 11:02:38 PM
A guide to vintage whine

Inspired by recent events, I figured we needed a guide to vintage whine here on the forums. I'll start.

Banning vintage 2006 - A heady aroma of failure, nervous sweat, and righteous indignation accompanies this whine. Often distributed in a green bottle, this whine can be easily distinguished by the loud noise it makes upon opening.
----------------------------------------
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

Posted by imwamphyr at Jun 9, 2006 3:47:27 AM
Re: A guide to vintage whine
I prefer the fruity flavor of a nice red Quitting the Game. The year doesn't really matter, they are all fine wines.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!

Posted by Thusnelda at Jun 9, 2006 5:28:11 AM
Surely you jest. This game is stagnant provides the most subtle bouquet, with just a hint of Ringers, you're making terrible choices and alienating us all.
Madam, proud Looterata
Why are old people playing on this game i dont know its probly something to do with control but its kind of werd. Get a life or a girl friend or mabe even a wife but if your an adult that plays this game your a loser

Posted by Demonyaj at Jun 9, 2006 6:00:17 AM
All this vintage whine. I want the forum equivalent to a bottle of Night Train. Just give me 63 more threads on a warning about this (flag/crew/person).
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.

Posted by Darkaardvark at Jun 9, 2006 7:17:00 AM
You can't go wrong with the subtle, complex flavors of Spirit of the Game.
Pleun wrote: 
Try searching using the correct spelling, the search option is very picky about that.

(Avatar by Synful.)

Posted by Piplicus_BNO at Jun 9, 2006 8:06:51 AM
The 2006 harvest of 'X is ruining the game', with X determining the region of harvest, is a somewhat elegant wine, but lacks a sweet balance to accompany the bitter aftertaste.

I love this thread. Really.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.

Posted by HuskyTed at Jun 9, 2006 8:13:23 AM
I thought I'd lay my bottle of plea for this or thatdown for a few years and let it develop in complexity, but I recently sampled a friend's bottle and I must say... très magnifique!

The bouquet it a little simple, at first, and it can be a little grating on the palette - but after 5 or 6 bottles, you're too drunk to know the difference.
Llama's like candy coated bunny holding a daisy and a puppy in one hand and a kitten in the other nice -Misery

Posted by Dorel at Jun 9, 2006 8:18:18 AM
I have to say I've always been partial to the You're just jealous types of whines, if only because of their lack of aftertaste.
Hermes wrote: 
Gather round, folks, for the Ballad of Dorel the Invulnerable!
silverkitty wrote: 
The ocean is dangerous, bring a lifejacket.

Posted by yohohobob at Jun 9, 2006 8:21:51 AM
I like the taste of the new 2006 HWFO tan familars omg!! it tastes sweet with a dry aftertaste.
Madyohoho SO of Di Cerberus-Retired
Lord of Arcana Imperii(Viridian)[quote]Remember, I'm the one that sits back and giggles at you mates while sipping masttails in my pajamas. Besides, Y!PP isn't a game; it's a way of life

Posted by Antique at Jun 9, 2006 9:43:11 AM
These are low-end whines. Let us not forget the truly special, high-end, dare I say "elite" whines . . . .

I'm partial myslef to a nice glass of dockpressing , but if ye don't like that one there's always the good ol' island ownership doesn't mean anything anymore whine. The 2006 fame evasion whine is also always a crowd-pleaser.
Antique of Cerulean!

Posted by ponytailguy at Jun 9, 2006 9:57:24 AM
Chalet All I Did Was Break The Rules So Why Was I Banned, while typically only avaliable in smaller bottles and of varying quality, if sipped properly, can be deliciously fruity and just a tad bitter. It goes best with some Cinnamon Bunpleasing.
The Ghost of Oceans Past

Posted by troop85eagle at Jun 9, 2006 10:12:02 AM
I'd recommend avoiding Plz giv POEz at all costs. While the initial taste is sweet, the sickening feeling after tasting removes any pleasure that could be derived from it.
Netopalis
Captain of Different Drums
King of Ixiam
Dean of Ixiam University's School of Piratology
Grand Vizier and Chief Scallywag of the Order of the Palindromic Paladins

Posted by JCorrado at Jun 9, 2006 10:31:23 AM
Oh, come now. Even the finest palate must recognize the inherent superiority of the dry I found this game much more fun two years ago whine, with its hint of tart.

Unfortunately, this wine does not age well at all, and so must be quaffed quickly.
Johncorsair.

Watch this sig file for future signatures!

Posted by Antique at Jun 9, 2006 10:57:34 AM
I almost forgot the most powerful whine known to Piratekind, government deeds should still be tradeable; proof positive that a good strong elite whine can change the world.
Antique of Cerulean!

Posted by yohohobob at Jun 9, 2006 11:04:18 AM

The 2006 fame evasion whine is also always a crowd-pleaser.

I always thought 2005 was a better year.
Madyohoho SO of Di Cerberus-Retired
Lord of Arcana Imperii(Viridian)[quote]Remember, I'm the one that sits back and giggles at you mates while sipping masttails in my pajamas. Besides, Y!PP isn't a game; it's a way of life

Posted by atteSmythe at Jun 9, 2006 11:11:17 AM
The only whine that I've found I don't like is conformist whine. Bland, flavorless. Might as well be water.

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

Posted by Cloakdeath at Jun 9, 2006 11:11:43 AM
I must say though, even the 'Plz giv POEz' is a bit strong for me.

Too much and i'll be puking all night.
Cloak'

~Chief Art Director of Blended Sky~

Posted by cmdrzoom at Jun 9, 2006 11:21:25 AM
For those who prefer white whines, a perennial favorite is the I hate PvP and want to opt out pinot.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt

Posted by Dorien at Jun 9, 2006 11:37:56 AM
One of my personal favorites is the 'My brother did it' collection. Best consumed in the format of a blind sampling, it's often exciting to find that you can't distinguish whether you're tasting a white (lie) or a red (herring) .
Lord of Tyr's Own, Ambassador and SO of the Fifth Fist

I've never met a keg o' Rum I didn't like!

Posted by Peanutswench at Jun 9, 2006 11:54:18 AM
If you're having a party and have run outta money you can always get the poker is ruining pillaging wine that comes in a box.
Peanutswench
------

Posted by sweetnessc at Jun 9, 2006 12:00:58 PM
I highly recommend the 'ur cheating' , particularly in the greener vintages. My personal favourite, this fine varietal comes with a frisson of the old world mixed in with the dulcet tones of bittersweet success, melded with the faintest hint of asparagus.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.

Posted by quiglin at Jun 9, 2006 12:04:45 PM
Now, now, we all need that good table wine. It's perfect with any meal with any seasoning. Obviously, I'm talking about But, We're Pirates!

Posted by Flak_88 at Jun 9, 2006 12:16:36 PM
My favorite Chardonnay is the brand of you're greifing my playstyle.
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.

Posted by StuManchu at Jun 9, 2006 12:28:32 PM
A simple But, But, Tos!! chianti delights the palate and soothes the nerves.

Edit: the But We're Pirates 2005 60/40 Meritage was my favorite.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.

Posted by Gotagota at Jun 9, 2006 12:50:08 PM
Also, yeah, narcissistic jokes are the bestest
I still sip regularly from Ships doubled in price overnight and now I can't afford one!, though of late I haven't fully savored it and can't really judge if it's as good as I remember.

I suppose that makes me an elitist snob, though. I won't touch anything from after But I liked purple dev names!
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Posted by Thusnelda at Jun 9, 2006 1:03:14 PM
Re: Also, yeah, narcissistic jokes are the bestest
How could I forget that memorable night... the moon, so full... the air, so balmy... the elusive scent of An Open Letter To ___ wafting before my nose.
Madam, proud Looterata
Why are old people playing on this game i dont know its probly something to do with control but its kind of werd. Get a life or a girl friend or mabe even a wife but if your an adult that plays this game your a loser

Posted by nodrey at Jun 9, 2006 1:13:47 PM
I have to agree with everyone on various vintages, though I haven't sampled some of the older ones. One of my personal favorites has always been, Where's the Kraken?!? with it's easy accompaniment of all seafood.
Herford
Same name, any ocean.

Posted by PirateMikey at Jun 9, 2006 1:20:23 PM
I do believe I have an old bottle of The Economy is ruined by stalls from back in the day. Made by only a few full Shoppe owners, the bitter tannins tend to overshadow the smooth old world grapes it was made from.

Posted by Drusilla at Jun 9, 2006 1:24:58 PM
I'm partial to a strong red, myself, and the most recent I want to opt out of Barbarians because I suck at Rumbling is the one for me. The bracing tannins and stone-fruit overtones make up for the simplicity of the aroma and slightly bitter aftertaste. Give it a few years and I suspect it will mellow into a whine to be savored.
Avast! Jesus were a leopard.

Posted by ponytailguy at Jun 9, 2006 1:25:00 PM
As rare as they are these days, it's difficult to forget a good sip of My brother is a lawyer and he'll sue you unless you unban me.
The Ghost of Oceans Past

Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates