mvnForum Homepage

Print at Aug 19, 2019 11:21:42 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by telford3 at Sep 29, 2003 6:02:56 AM
Inventory bad
For all of you business minded people one rule overrides anything else in business. If you have a large inventory you go out of business. Right now all the shop owners are acting like they are in a monopoly. They stockpile goods and wait for prices to change. So you have market prices that will buy from you for 10 poe, and sell to you for 500 poe. Because if they don't sell, they don't care. Their should be some way of goods going bad. Sugar cane rots, wood gets mold, cloth gets moths. This way shops would be at a disadvantage if they had too many goods, therefore they would not keep them for too long. I was thinking only around %3-5 for most goods. This would be just enough for people not to stockpile.
----------------------------------------
I am Stabbles, hear me roar!

Posted by Nothing at Sep 29, 2003 6:09:23 AM
Re: Inventory bad
Hello.

Posted by Cleaver at Sep 29, 2003 6:19:41 AM
Commodity degeneration
Commodity degeneration, like item wear and tear, is on the list. This would indeed make things a little more realistic in terms of stockpiling.

Posted by gahris at Sep 29, 2003 6:40:37 AM
good good
Worship your evil moogle master you insolent fools! ¬_¬

Posted by Jothmar at Sep 29, 2003 8:21:07 AM
When/if everything on the LIST gets done this is going to be the coolest game ever. . .
Kelyon Hawk of Fidelis Bellum

Posted by telford3 at Sep 29, 2003 8:37:44 AM
everything
I know everything on the list, but the designers can't think of everything, and if somebody already did think of it. This is a way to gauge player interest in it.
I am Stabbles, hear me roar!

Posted by Squidbeard at Sep 29, 2003 9:32:44 AM
Re: everything
telford3 wrote: 
I know everything on the list, but the designers can't think of everything, and if somebody already did think of it. This is a way to gauge player interest in it.

Here's an excellent resource for measuring player interest in degenerating items.

Not a booch call, obviously, because I don't expect everyone to have a notepad with "Degeneration search = sailcloth" next to their Officer's Log.

--Sq
Squid
High Priest, Cult of the Red Mantis

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates