mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jul 15, 2019 6:00:42 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by wuppypuppy2 at Apr 25, 2019 3:50:32 PM
"Surprise Release" Portrait backgrounds never released
Two and a half years ago, the Revamped Edition of the Portrait Background contest took place. Among the winners were three backgrounds set aside as "Surprise Release" backgrounds-- two of which, I designed.

To this day, they have not been released. About a year ago, a few of us asked about the status and have heard no word. I sent in a petition asking about them today, and was directed to the forums.

Can we ever expect to see them? It's pretty discouraging to have put hours into backgrounds I was proud of and never have them see the light. I understand that a lot has happened in the time since the background contest took place, but this far down the line, my patience is kind of wearing out. If new eggs can be released, three new, already-designed backgrounds can too, right?
----------------------------------------
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist

Posted by Scottays at Apr 25, 2019 7:27:58 PM
Re: "Surprise Release" Portrait backgrounds never released
I do agree with your logic wayfarer if I was a developer I would give a fair response, in the obsidian is during thread I've stated that there little to no point petitioning oms about it, because they send you here and end up not wanting to interact at all even with developers this problem has lasted for a couple of years sadly. My simple suggest would be is to bring some old le portraits back at least, but I wouldn't mind having a go at painting my own portrait since I don't currently have those trophies so let's keep fingers crossed and wait until we do get a response sometime. It's been over couple years for me xD
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.

Posted by Taskbeta at Apr 26, 2019 4:06:14 AM
Hey darling, as you know I am one of the artists that had a *Surprise Release* background. Last time I asked Clotho would pass my question along to the Developers/Arrrrtists, but sadly that's all I heard from it. I feel your frustration :( *big hugs*
Bisca
Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Wayfarer

Posted by wuppypuppy2 at Apr 26, 2019 5:12:51 AM

Hey darling, as you know I am one of the artists that had a *Surprise Release* background. Last time I asked Clotho would pass my question along to the Developers/Arrrrtists, but sadly that's all I heard from it. I feel your frustration :( *big hugs*
Bisca

:(

*hugs*

I just really hope someday they'll see the light. Having the eggs roll out just reminds me that there's art that's been selected for release for years now that hasn't been, which increases my frustration. I understand that GH has a ton of prorities and portraits are low on the list, but lately I've suspected that they aren't on the list at all.
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist

Posted by wrs1864b at Apr 26, 2019 4:28:40 PM

Among the winners were three backgrounds set aside as "Surprise Release" backgrounds

Look, it is supposed to be a surprise release. Now everyone is expecting it, so it won't be a surprise!

I wish I could give you more hope for this actually getting done... sigh
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.

Posted by Taskbeta at Apr 30, 2019 4:35:52 AM
YES! They have been released!!!!

Posted by wuppypuppy2 at Apr 30, 2019 5:59:02 AM

YAY!! public guilting helped I guess hahaha
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist

Posted by Taskbeta at May 1, 2019 12:20:35 PM
As soon as I have made the right outfits I'll be using your backgrounds, had to use my own first :P

Posted by Taskbeta at May 1, 2019 1:23:17 PM
@Wayfarer. Here's the first one!! Click Me!

Posted by Cronus at May 8, 2019 6:38:37 AM

YAY!! public guilting helped I guess hahaha

It was more that you reminded us they were there. Letting people use these lovely backgrounds is something we always wanted to do, we just ended up getting distracted by other items. Sorry for the wait!
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!

Posted by Taskbeta at May 9, 2019 11:34:58 AM
To be fair I did contact Clotho, multiple times.. xD
But I can totally imagine you guys get caught up by other things.
Personally I'm just glad they are here now.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates