mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jun 19, 2019 10:42:10 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Zenithar at Sep 18, 2018 9:10:20 AM
Question for community sheet project - Sunk-PoE stall opening cost
I'm missing one piece of data for the spreadsheets I'm working on and I hope someone can point me in the right direction to someplace versus having to gather it all myself.

Is there anywhere that mentions where this specific number comes from?

It appears to be based on tax & population just like rent, but it differs slightly from island to island.

(For example, Obsidian-ocean wise, the cost to open a Shipyard in PoE is approximately equal to 10.48 times the rent of a medium stall, but the precise ratio differs slightly on every island I looked at.)

Cheers.

Posted by patgangster at Sep 18, 2018 10:27:42 AM
Re: Question for community sheet project - Sunk-PoE stall opening cost
"Anyone can open their own stall in a bazaar with some amount of PoE, which is determined by the type of stall, the population of the island, and the island's tax rate." - https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Bazaar#Stall_management

No mention of exact values as far as I'm aware.
----------------------------------------
TriplePat, Emerald.

Posted by wrs1864b at Sep 18, 2018 1:20:01 PM
The opening cost remains the same for all sized stalls

The opening costs is 8 times the rent of a deluxe stall.

The rent, as explained in the yppedia article is bases on both the island population and the island wide tax rate as set by the governor.

The tax rate and population can be found either on the island tab, or via yoweb, however the numbers aren't always in sync. The reported population appears to be updated quicker than the rent.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.

Posted by Zenithar at Sep 18, 2018 2:01:32 PM

The opening costs is 8 times the rent of a deluxe stall.

Thank you, that is precisely the thing I could not find, and now I'm much more accurate. (I was taking numbers and using an estimate of ~10 times the rent of a medium stall.)

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates