mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 5, 2019 7:42:02 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Lonehwolf at Sep 20, 2017 4:53:05 AM
Access for something on Android?
I'm wondering if there are any puzzles, standalone or otherwise available on android?

Doesn't have to be official YPP (I heard they only got as far as iOS - and it was a troublesome port). A crappy looking bilge port would do, honestly. Anybody know of anything like that?

Also, as a curiosity, since I've read various sources saying mixed things - what's the current state of YPP? Is it wilting or rising? Did OOO walk away, is someone else doing something on this gem of a game? How likely would I be to re-experience those wonderful moments I used to enjoy on elite sloop pillies?
----------------------------------------
Geneboo wrote: 
I shaved and now I'm lickable

Posted by Filthyjake at Sep 20, 2017 6:41:36 AM
Re: Access for something on Android?
I wish they would add parlor games to an app, it did cause many issues when pillaging was added. I think most parlor games could work including POKER, and the shop puzzles however it was a d/c mess when it was used on ships.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.

Posted by Lonehwolf at Sep 20, 2017 6:43:49 AM
Any knowledge if such apps exist on Android or maybe puzzles similar to the skill based pirating ones in YPP, even if they're completely different to look and feel?
Geneboo wrote: 

Posted by LJAmethyst at Sep 20, 2017 11:58:54 AM
No. There was a Puzzle Pirates client developed for iOS only and it was never ported to Android. Puzzle Pirates X was killed with great prejudice after it began messing with our desktop client in ugly ways. The mobile client is no longer available in the App Store and will not function to connect to the oceans.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7

Posted by Lonehwolf at Sep 27, 2017 5:25:02 AM

No. There was a Puzzle Pirates client developed for iOS only and it was never ported to Android. Puzzle Pirates X was killed with great prejudice after it began messing with our desktop client in ugly ways. The mobile client is no longer available in the App Store and will not function to connect to the oceans.

Good to know, that's unfortunate but understandable. Thanks LJ :)
Geneboo wrote: 

Posted by Nek0jin at Oct 5, 2017 12:19:14 PM
Swordfighting is functionally the same as Pocket Fighter, a PSX-era game. A decent Android PSX emulator would let you play it.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates