mvnForum Homepage

Print at Aug 21, 2019 3:11:15 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Fourmpost at May 22, 2016 1:22:12 PM
Try It I dare you.
Why is the game/ocean dyeing?

An easy way to find out is start out as a new green account, tell no one who you are. Don’t cheat start poor and with a foil.

Do you feel welcomed?

Will your “friends” job you or judge you?

Spend 2 weeks saving for a SMH badge and find out that maybe you can get on a HS, but not a CIT though many of you job my main. Only if that silver CIT was there…. CI… LOL the elite of elite, KH maybe but really spend more Poe on a kit to not get jobbed.

Let’s face it there are the SMH runners who people will job with, and those who can’t break into the circle cause when they job they get over jobbed and also have to settle for the second tier of jobbers cause the clicks are so thick. Let’s not forget those who go for the free sink. Or those dual clienting.

Many of you who /tell my main come job for/with me won’t hire my alts with the same stats.

Try it out make a greenie and see if you enjoy the game and how your treated are (remember you can’t identify yourself). Not saying the game can’t do more to bring in new players but if the current players chase them away it’s rather pointless.

Yes, I hid behind an alt.

Posted by ryujinpp at May 23, 2016 1:12:16 AM
Re: Try It I dare you.
try this on cerulean... ye might be surprised at the stark difference :D

1. we avoid cross-loading where possible
i was planning on loading HS when i logged in some 13hrs ago but there was a junklantis loading on NB, so i went there instead

2. we are less stringent with who we job
i was jobbed on a CI few days ago, and the 2 bilgers were having tough time making thrall tokens (yeah, can be a b**** tokening bilge at times).. since the voyage leader was so kind in accepting less than stellar jobbers, i offered to switch from sails to token bilge, and then switched back to sails when we had full thralls

3. elite KH?
i jobs anyone who applies on my kraken hunt without checking fer trophies, even if i have been on same boat with them before & knowing that they will only go after cuttleboxes or tentlockers.. and i have seen many similar voyage leader who also jobs anyone who applies

4. dual clienting smh?
ahhh ye see... ye require subscription to do these on cerulean... so we really do see a lot less of such thing on cerulean cos most of us maintain 1 sub acct fer most of the time apart fer some who uses multiple subs fer shoppe labour, kudos to them fer supporting the game

5. friendliness towards greenie?
well.. just some 12hrs ago when i was on that junklantis which i mentioned above... i saw a hearty asking on greeter channel fer assistance from online greeters who could communicate in spanish bcos she was having difficulty trying to help a spanish greenie, and yes there were responses from other online greeters (there was one who speaks spanish)

so yeah, come try it out on cerulean :D
----------------------------------------
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans

Posted by majestrate at May 23, 2016 5:28:24 AM
The green oceans seem to be about 4-7 years behind Midnight/Cerulean in terms of social interactions.

Midnight was once very, very elitist. That hasn't been true for a number of years now.

Yes, of course there will be exceptions to the rule, but elitism is no longer the rule.

Courtesy and helpfulness won the war against elitism thanks to attrition.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3

Posted by Strategyking at May 30, 2016 7:14:29 PM

The green oceans seem to be about 4-7 years behind Midnight/Cerulean in terms of social interactions.

Midnight was once very, very elitist. That hasn't been true for a number of years now.

Yes, of course there will be exceptions to the rule, but elitism is no longer the rule.

You saying that just makes the non green ocean come off as elitist in a non stat sort of way. *thumbsup*
Strategy - Meridian
Strategyy - Emerald

Posted by bailet at May 30, 2016 7:36:02 PM

You saying that just makes the non green ocean come off as elitist in a non stat sort of way. *thumbsup*

It is the circlejerk that the sub ocean isn't really dying when it has been dead before the ocean merge.
Clotho tells ye, "did you hide the skellies this time?"
OM MESSAGE: Complaining the on-duty OM will only result in another flurry of eggs being sent out into the YPP world. Go #TeamPurple!
Dalnoth's Favorite Pirate

Posted by majestrate at May 31, 2016 7:20:56 AM
Strategyking wrote: 

Experience does not equate to elitism.

I wrote: 

Rephrased: Midnight was in the same situation 4-7 years ago that is being described.

Does that make it sound less elitist for you?

bailet wrote: 
It is the circlejerk that the sub ocean isn't really dying when it has been dead before the ocean merge.

I've been playing the same type of game since I started. I do whatever activity I want, when I want to, with whomever I want to. Yes, the population is drastically smaller, but my gameplay hasn't been impacted.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3

Posted by TexasBeesh at May 31, 2016 12:49:41 PM

I've been playing the same type of game since I started. I do whatever activity I want, when I want to, with whomever I want to. Yes, the population is drastically smaller, but my gameplay hasn't been impacted.

The same goes for me. :)
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!

Posted by elbeejay at May 31, 2016 7:49:57 PM
So at the risk of sounding like an elitist, I'll let you know how this has gone for me.

Do you feel welcomed?

As someone that knows how to play the game, I think this is a perspective that is harder for me to appreciate. Being jobbed on a ship and participating in a pillage is not foreign or new to me, so I never felt unwelcome.

Many of you who /tell my main come job for/with me won?t hire my alts with the same stats.

After a bit of random pillaging to get some puzzling experience, I haven't had any trouble getting jobbed on what some might consider "elite" pillages. I think that if anything, the shrinking of the games population has forced pillagers to lower their standards. Where someone might have once screened for duty puzzles and swordfighting for a pillage, they may only be looking at duty puzzling. Even then the criteria people are looking for also seems to have dropped. I can only imagine that your experience with your alt was negative because your main pirate gets jobbed primarily due to social connections and not simply based off of your puzzle standings. My alt ended up with worse stats than my main pirate across the board but I never felt like my stats were keeping me from being jobbed. At the end of the day I don't think most people I jobbed with cared about who I was so long as I met or exceeded their puzzling standards.

To be fair, I am not really all that interested in sea monsters. But at least on the pillaging side of things I have found ship runners to be equally kind and grateful to have my main pirate or the alt aboard. I have confidence that I would have had little trouble being hired for Atlantis or Haunted Seas runs. The CIs and KHs seem a bit trickier because of the trophy requirements people like to impose. But to that point, when I came back after a hiatus my main pirate lacked any KH trophies but has had few problems with being jobbed.
-Elbee on Hunter, Sage, Viridian, and Malachite

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates