mvnForum Homepage

Print at May 26, 2020 8:57:40 PM
Posts: 294   Pages: 10   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
Posted by Fannon at Aug 12, 2014 12:55:26 AM
Familiar/Pet Colors Needed
I've searched through and scrolled through multiple threads, and best I can tell, these haven't been posted in this forum anywhere. So in an effort to consolidate, at least for the time being, here goes.

Please either post your image in this thread, or contact Budclare or Fannon via the forums to arrange a meeting in game! If any other intrepid wiki explorers are willing to act as screenshot arrangers, let me know and I will add your name/ocean to this. :)

THE LIST 5/22/2016

These are all inventory images.

Festive yeti fur:
-silver
(Here's the Festive yeti template page for reference.)

Pink/Random/Random Elephant Pet:
-WINE secondary
Wine secondary is the opposite of this one (i.e. wine where the white is):

Patchy fox inventory images:
-chestnut (green)

Unicorn inventory images:
Collar colors:
--pink
--persimmon
--chocolate
The LE colors should be available on booch box unicorns (white/shadow).

Booch boxes:
chameleons, hatted octopuses, (non-hatted) parrots
I'm not too concerned about these, but if you happen to run across any...
----------------------------------------
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator

Posted by Raalala at Aug 12, 2014 1:16:11 AM
Re: Familiar/Pet Colors Needed
Voilla.

I'll keep a look out, see if I can find any of the others that you need.
~ Bambeh

Johnydepp says; 'BatBam, your f-ing play on words fetish'
Priapus says; 'Mate, look at his screen, you could play chess on that.'

Posted by RonenOsden at Aug 12, 2014 3:44:34 AM
Ill get the combat cat and exotic tiger when i get home. Forgot that part when i added them to wiki. :/

EDIT:
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.

Posted by Fannon at Aug 27, 2014 5:05:45 PM
Thanks for the big cat screenies. The big cat images should all be up to date. :)

I've updated my list to include kraklings and yeti! If you have anything on that list, please post a screenshot, or link to a yoweb page (for familiars)! (Or at the very least tell me the name/ocean of the person who owns the thing so I can track them down myself!)

I also have a serpent-related research project if someone has time and wants to help out with the wiki without having to actually make/edit images, or edit the wiki in any way. :) It's literally to make me a list of things. PM me if you're interested!
Looks like I found a tribute volunteer!
Wikipedia Administrator

Posted by GoreJackFan at Aug 27, 2014 5:47:40 PM
Heres the golden Hedgehog

Gorev - Emerald

Posted by RonenOsden at Aug 27, 2014 10:24:21 PM
Sissy on Cerulean has green krakling

Posted by RonenOsden at Aug 31, 2014 2:27:06 PM
Blue hedgehog

Posted by Yasmi6 at Aug 31, 2014 4:41:18 PM
i ve got a navy krakling will post pic up tomorrow
Yasmi on Meridian
Yasmi/Ayani on all oceans
Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...

Posted by Ambrosially at Sep 3, 2014 11:18:05 PM

Chameleon:
So far, the chameleons I've seen have changed color based on what the pirate holding it is wearing. If any of you happen to have one, mind playing around with outfit combos and verifying this fact? Also let us know what clothing article changes it as well.

Every chameleon has a stripe (secondary) color that does not change, and then the primary color of whatever outfit you are wearing = the primary color of the chameleon. So if you were wearing black with a chameleon that had a persimmon stripe, the chameleon would become black/persimmon and change colors into [color]/persimmon upon changing your clothes! And I think the clothing article that changes the color is the top, but I'm not 100% sure...
Ambrosial on errythanggg! <3

Thanks Cattrin! Truly amazing. :)

Posted by RonenOsden at Sep 4, 2014 1:49:01 PM

Damn booch box :(

Edit : That's the Magenta/Chocolate octo that is currently for sale on Meridian.

Posted by Doghnut1 at Sep 4, 2014 10:52:21 PM

I'm not good at distincting colors >.> but hope these help
Doghnut on Meridian

Posted by Rocketbros at Sep 5, 2014 2:20:11 AM
Need any raven colours?
Longredo of Viridian and Malachite
Oars on Emerald

Posted by Keaze at Sep 5, 2014 4:05:59 AM
Just wondering- where'd you get the colour palette for kraklings? I don't think I've seen black, inky or sea green.

Aqua
Grey

Light green
Green
Lime *drags wannita on to the thread*
Navy
Blue
Violet
Purple
Keaze
That Bombing Guide

Posted by angel2512 at Sep 5, 2014 7:12:47 AM
Green krakling for the familiar grid

It's in PNG format, I hope its correct.
Oh I see someone's uploaded it already. My apologies!
~Saphireangel~

SO of Mischievous Drifters,
Lady of Maniacal Menagerie,
Cerulean, once a Cobalt native.
(also lurking on all English oceans)

Angelfish collector
Avatar gorgeousness by the lovely Angelira!

Posted by Fannon at Sep 5, 2014 6:24:16 PM
Thanks for the images :)

Keaze wrote: 
Just wondering- where'd you get the colour palette for kraklings? I don't think I've seen black, inky or sea green.

They aren't necessarily in those colors, just went by what was in the trinket palette. *shrugs*

Rocketbros wrote: 
Need any raven colours?

I have all the raven colors that have been announced!
Wikipedia Administrator

Posted by Bellahdonna at Oct 9, 2014 10:20:49 AM
Here is my violet Chameleon from this month's Gold Box:

The icon in your inventory for the chameleon always stays the same (so in my case, green/violet).

But yes, the primary color changes according to the primary/first color of the shirt you are wearing. If you name the chameleon (which I did - Tyedye!) , the icon color on your Pirate Page will change according to your primary shirt color as well. And it will continue to change colors even if you aren't wearing it, so long as it remains in your inventory and can show up on your page.

Here I'm wearing lavender, here I'm wearing lime, and here I'm wearing blue...

I've found I don't like it when he blends in with my shirt color, so I opt for the Frilly shirt with sash (so the Chameleon sits on a white shirt and is colored according to the primary color of the sash), or the Midriff blouse with scarf (where it matches what's on your torso, not your shoulders, so again you can have some contrast).

... Anyway, I realize that was a lot more than what you asked for... but there ya go! :P :)

EDITED TO ADD: After naming my Chameleon, the question mark color has been replaced by the word "green".

Twilah on Meridian

Posted by budclare2 at Oct 9, 2014 7:11:28 PM

But yes, the primary color changes according to the primary/first color of the shirt you are wearing. If you name the chameleon, the icon color on your Pirate Page will change according to your primary shirt color as well. And it will continue to change colors even if you aren't wearing it, so long as it remains in your inventory and can show up on your page.

So you can stalk people by watching their pirate page? D:

"I know what (color) you're wearing..."

(That question mark thing is weird.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)

Posted by Maitredodo at Oct 13, 2014 1:37:56 PM

Inky
Masterdodo on Opal/Emerald
Atlantis, what else?

Posted by JamesStGeorg at Oct 14, 2014 1:54:53 PM

Blue? and Lime if it helps.

Kracken furniture not in Yippedia? Sinks, Tubs, what colours and combinations do they come in? If that need images to work out from I have a few.
Jstgeorge of Emerald.

Posted by Meehearties at Oct 14, 2014 4:07:58 PM

Kracken furniture not in Yippedia? Sinks, Tubs, what colours and combinations do they come in? If that need images to work out from I have a few.

I am working on collecting those atm. I think I have the palette parameters figured out but i need to get a few more to be sure. If you want to find me in game I can check what you have in case it shows up something I wasn't expecting

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean

Posted by jlh0605 at Nov 14, 2014 11:41:34 AM
I won a wine-colored Pony in this month's doubloon promotion. I don't see it in the wiki yet. Is this actually a new thing? If so, what screenshots do you need of it? (I have the trinket thing down pat, but I'm still very new to the pet thing.)
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."

Posted by Keaze at Nov 14, 2014 12:49:34 PM
Yeah wine mystery boxes just released *points at nb*

I 1 1 2
Keaze
That Bombing Guide

Posted by Notsizzly at Nov 14, 2014 10:09:01 PM

Yeah wine mystery boxes just released *points at nb*

I 1 1 2

He might have talked about if it's actually the first time wine ponies have been introduced to the game or if they've been available somehow before. Sometimes it is like that.

See, I'm sure that persimmon chromas were available only once and not so long ago but someone is sure that his chroma has been in his inventory even before the release of the said color. Only Three Rings could confirm this because of the fact that the wiki is updated by the players and not every single detail gets recorded there - and the information isn't always exactly right.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

Posted by jlh0605 at Nov 15, 2014 2:40:32 PM
I was indeed asking if it's the first time. I know wine boxes were just released, but not everything released with them is new (wine sloops, for example).
~Jamesh on Emerald

Posted by budclare2 at Nov 15, 2014 5:16:56 PM

See, I'm sure that persimmon chromas were available only once and not so long ago but someone is sure that his chroma has been in his inventory even before the release of the said color. Only Three Rings could confirm this because of the fact that the wiki is updated by the players and not every single detail gets recorded there - and the information isn't always exactly right.

I didn't even know there were persimmon chromas. But it was a LE color for a little while before it was made a regular color, so I assume chromas were available in persimmon boxes.

But booch boxes had random color chromas, so it must have been possible to get persimmon. So, you might both have been right. Although poking around in old official doc, I'm not seeing chromas, so if they did give out persimmon chromas once upon a time, it might have been before they started documenting box contents well, I guess.

Maybe an OM snuck a chroma into his booty to mess with his head...

(I'm inclined to agree with you, though. I've never seen one, and it seems like something people would use as tourney prizes to get rid of them, seeing as not everyone appreciates super orange like I do. Booch boxes would have produced very few persimmon chromas, though, so there's no reason why I would have seen one.)

/e just felt like rambling about persimmon, apparently

EDIT: Actually, it turns out that the mild fuss I remember them making about the introduction of persimmon was mostly just letting people vote on its name whether they wanted indigo or persimmon as the ci color. Maybe they gave chromas to random people who voted?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Notsizzly at Nov 16, 2014 4:55:15 AM

I didn't even know there were persimmon chromas. But it was a LE color for a little while before it was made a regular color, so I assume chromas were available in persimmon boxes.

But booch boxes had random color chromas, so it must have been possible to get persimmon. So, you might both have been right. Although poking around in old official doc, I'm not seeing chromas, so if they did give out persimmon chromas once upon a time, it might have been before they started documenting box contents well, I guess.

Maybe an OM snuck a chroma into his booty to mess with his head...

(I'm inclined to agree with you, though. I've never seen one, and it seems like something people would use as tourney prizes to get rid of them, seeing as not everyone appreciates super orange like I do. Booch boxes would have produced very few persimmon chromas, though, so there's no reason why I would have seen one.)

/e just felt like rambling about persimmon, apparently

EDIT: Actually, it turns out that the mild fuss I remember them making about the introduction of persimmon was mostly just letting people vote on its name whether they wanted indigo or persimmon as the ci color. Maybe they gave chromas to random people who voted?

Persimmon was added as a color when Crimson opened - though it wasn't available as a color in-game right from the first day. As far as I can remember and know, chromas weren't even a thing at that time but a little later.

I know that persimmon chromas however were available not so long ago, as a dub purchase reward. I just can't remember if it was early this year or very late last year. I also remember all of us wondering what's the point of a chroma that has a regular color you can just order from the shoppe - other than the value for a collector.

As far as I know, persimmon wasn't one of the colors in booch boxes so persimmon chroma from there is not possible in my opinion.

I also seem to remember that there has never been persimmon mystery boxes. Some persimmon items in the mystery gift boxes such as the puppy yes, but not the boxes themselves neither persimmon chromas.

After all this, my conclusion still is that persimmon chromas were available in-game for a short period of time more or less recently. The only other persimmon chromas would either be booched ones (actually booched, not booch box originated) or then a very special rare gift given by a Ringer to a player for whatever the reason (I haven't heard ever this happening).

Yes I'm aware I derailed the discussion even further.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

Posted by budclare2 at Nov 16, 2014 6:59:48 PM
From http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Official:Aug14_Promotion :

Random colors include Magenta, Plum, Chocolate, Wine, Ice Blue, Spring Green and Banana.

If they meant those were the only colors, then they worded it poorly. Then again, if they meant normal colors plus seasonal colors, why single out magenta? Either way it makes no sense.

But you're right that persimmon existed before chromas, it looks like, so your friend is probably wrong. But they shouldn't feel bad, since persimmon was added to the chroma list in mid-September, i.e. just a few weeks after the booched box promotion, so you're probably wrong, too. :P

/e is done having deraily fun, honest
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Notsizzly at Nov 17, 2014 1:44:25 AM

From http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Official:Aug14_Promotion :

Random colors include Magenta, Plum, Chocolate, Wine, Ice Blue, Spring Green and Banana.

If they meant those were the only colors, then they worded it poorly. Then again, if they meant normal colors plus seasonal colors, why single out magenta? Either way it makes no sense.

But you're right that persimmon existed before chromas, it looks like, so your friend is probably wrong. But they shouldn't feel bad, since persimmon was added to the chroma list in mid-September, i.e. just a few weeks after the booched box promotion, so you're probably wrong, too. :P

/e is done having deraily fun, honest

The booch boxes, idk either. I read it so that those are all the possible colors one can find in the boxes considering it includes all the 6 LE colors and one regular.

About the persimmon chromas however, I am absolutely sure. They were a thing themself as a dub purchase reward before the booch boxes. Just like I'm 100% sure about the persimmon cat being handed out as a reward couple of months after Crimson closed but it's not recorded in the wiki. (I am aware of the fact I could edit that in there myself but I don't remember the exact time about it either and it makes both of these facts useful but useless for the wiki, I suppose)

To talk about the pets, the wine hedgehog apparently was one of those dub purchase rewards and not from the boxes, too. I also kind of like derailing this thread if nobody noticed yet.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

Posted by Dexla at Nov 17, 2014 7:24:36 AM
Persimmon chromas were given out during this - I think the wine hedgehog was during the same promo:
http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/spyglass/entry/late_fall_haul
It's not mentioned specifically, but it's in the picture, and I remember getting it at that time.
Dexla d'Midnight

Posted by jlh0605 at Nov 19, 2014 11:39:37 AM
I never did get an answer about what screenshots, etc. were needed, so I made an educated guess. Here's the wine pony on a ship deck:

And here it is in my booty:

~Jamesh on Emerald

Posted by Bellahdonna at Nov 25, 2014 12:03:54 PM
Do we have an update on foxes yet? New colors (I think so far it's just persimmon and chocolate), and the bandana/earring combo?

Twilah on Meridian

Posted by Bellahdonna at Dec 8, 2014 10:38:15 AM
I updated the Seal color palette image to include LE Light blue, and the Penquin color palette images to include all of the LE Blues on the day they were available.

None of the All Mighty Coding Gods (^_^) have updated the behind the scenes code for the updates to translate correctly into the My Pets template yet though... Can someone show me how to do that in the future so I can just do the updates as I upload the updated palette images?

Twilah on Meridian

Posted by Fannon at Dec 8, 2014 4:47:08 PM
For each of the mypet templates, there are a set of subtemplates that tell the template where on the image grid to start at when "cropping" the image for the little boxes.

For the seal template, the issue was that there was no subtemplate for the "light blue" color. I created it here: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Template:My_pets/Seal/light_blue

The number is the pixel point where I want the picture of the light blue seal to start horizontally (left to right). Since the seal only comes in primary colors, the main seal template itself has the vertical distance included.

For the two-colored pets, there are subtemplates for both the primary and secondary colors.

If you are having to create a template from scratch (for a new pet, for example), you will also have to create the subtemplates. Those that come in standard color ranges, we try to keep the standard images as well so that we can reuse coding where possible. (The pony, for example, uses the trinket coding for the tack portion to save having to create another 30ish templates to do the exact same thing).

I haven't done the penguin one yet, so feel free to try it and see if you can figure it out. :)
Wikipedia Administrator

Posted by Bellahdonna at Dec 8, 2014 5:27:48 PM
By jove, I think I've got it! Woot! ^_^

Thanks Fannon!

Twilah on Meridian

Posted by Belthazar451 at Dec 9, 2014 12:01:46 PM
To create the subtemplates, what I usually do (since I can never rememeber the spacing) is to open to two immediately previous subtemplates (i.e. in the colour order), calculate the difference between them, then add that difference to the larger one - that's the value of the offset for the next colour.

Posted by Raalala at Dec 12, 2014 11:45:55 AM
Realised the yppedia page - http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Rabbit - Is missing the black rabbit.

What better than a black bunny on a white background?!
~ Bambeh

Posted by Fannon at Feb 23, 2015 5:54:25 PM
I've updated the main post to reflect what is still needed.

Anybody want to let me play with a chameleon? I'm trustworthy, I swear it. :) (Alteratively, anybody want to hold their chameleon, change their top to every possible primary color and take screenshots of every single one?)

Do we have an update on foxes yet? New colors (I think so far it's just persimmon and chocolate), and the bandana/earring combo?

Thanks Twilah for creating the fox grids. I've created the Fox page itself, so it's no longer an unhelpful redirect, but it needs the grid with the different colors and all that worked into it.

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Fox
(See any other pet page for an example of what I mean by grid).
Wikipedia Administrator

Posted by budclare2 at Feb 24, 2015 1:21:05 PM
Maybe we shouldn't bother with every color combination for the chameleons? Tan as the changeable color would make things a lot easier. (Skippy on Meridian is the only person I can think of off-hand who has one. She'll probably let you play with it if you ask nicely.)

Do black and sea green kraklings definitely exist, or are we just assuming the palette matches the trinket palette? (There are some palette hijinx anyway. Most of the furniture comes in any color. The mounted squids and mounted tents seem to be kraken palette...except I've seen white squids, and I don't think I've seen black or sea green of either. Definitely not sea green. Actually, I can't remember inky furniture either. It seems a bit whimsical.)

RE: black seal
I happened to stop by the Olive trading post last night, so I remember there's a seal collection there. I'll get it for you as soon as the other seals stop blocking the shot. ;)

Yeti: I saw two yesterday while piecesofeight was helping me with inventory shots. I'll see if I can bug him again later. :)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Fannon at Feb 24, 2015 2:58:50 PM

Maybe we shouldn't bother with every color combination for the chameleons? Tan as the changeable color would make things a lot easier. (Skippy on Meridian is the only person I can think of off-hand who has one. She'll probably let you play with it if you ask nicely.)

I found a loaner. So my OCD cannot be stopped!
Wikipedia Administrator

Posted by budclare2 at Feb 24, 2015 3:50:05 PM

I found a loaner. So my OCD cannot be stopped!

<3

(Black seal is sorted out. He started behaving better after the reboot.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Fannon at Feb 24, 2015 4:10:19 PM
In other news, know who owns a chocolate fox and is a crazy person? Me. Yep. Walked into my house, found a chocolate fox. How about that.

Also, answer on the kraklings is "i dunno". We didn't think they were in inky originally either, but people found them. :) They probably aren't in black or sea green, but keeping them on the list at least keeps people from thinking, oh, a sea green krakling, they must already have this! Or something.
Wikipedia Administrator

Posted by jlh0605 at Feb 25, 2015 11:32:53 AM
From a hearty (Alpha):
Plum/Blue Octopus with sleeping hat:

Maroon/Green Fox:

Gemstone and Light green Sea Turtle:

Light blue and Maroon Sea Turtle:

~Jamesh on Emerald

Posted by budclare2 at Feb 25, 2015 11:44:40 AM
Parrots with musketeer hats. D:

EDIT: I spy with my little eye (in meridian bazaar) a wine octo with an orange hat. Will snag it in a bit.

Actually the grid images are unwieldy to update when we're desperately scrambling to catch up. How about we start adding individual images to the fam pages until we're caught up(ish)? There's only one hatted octo in the hatted octo grid, and it's not clear from that how many of the actual images we have. It'd be less confusing, if somewhat untidy, if we just added them individually to the pages for now.

EDIT AGAIN: ice blue parrots with no hats. D:

EDIT YET AGAIN: ice blue/tan parrots. D:

EDIT STILL AGAIN: Okay, I found those last two squirreled away on a grid that's linked at the bottom of the parrot page. I've started working on updating the parrot page.

HOPEFULLY THE LAST EDIT: I removed the ice blue hedgehog link from the pet page because I can't find any other reference to them anywhere. Do they exist and I missed them, or was it just a copy-and-paste-type error like I assumed?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Feb 25, 2015 3:52:40 PM
/e is not editing her last post again

The plum and wine octos are uploaded.

I've gone through all the official mystery box promo documentation and made a list of all the fams that were available. Once I get time to shift through the list, I'll make up a list of fams we're missing. (Just at a glance, we're missing at least two parrots (not counting the hatted one), plus a few serpents.)

I'm...going to stop for the night. I hope.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Fannon at Feb 25, 2015 4:22:43 PM
Jamesh, do you know which color gemstone sea turtle that is? There are 6 different ones. Or is it a black one?

The white hedgehog came from an ice blue box promotion and was originally listed as ice blue on the hedgehog page. I corrected that on the hedgehog page, and just overlooked it on the pet page. :)

In general the familiar grids need some work. I mentioned updating them to match the trinket/pet grids, but someone or other more or less told me not to. I did the parrot one anyway (hence that other little grid that was so much easier to update), but never officially replaced it. I'm totally super in favor of updating all of the familiar images for consistency, and for the sake of easier updating in the future. The current method leaves it very difficult to add in new color configurations. (Hence my sneak parrot grid attack).

As far as the octos with hats, the hats come in every color of the normal color pallet, and are randomly generated with each octo. Didn't know there were parrots with hats, but there are also monkeys with hats that need to be better documented. I was never really sure how to create the grids, but I can always just do whatever I want and get feedback I suppose. I have a handful of these individual images, just didn't have enough to feel like starting. >.>

Some of the familiar images we're missing are only missing from the grids themselves, not the individual image. Just FYI. I'm just really lazy and get tired of searching through things, and need people at this point to make me nice little lists of exactly what I need to do with what images. I have zero problem making grids, it's actually relaxing for my OCD. (And I can do it while watching TV!)

I've done some slow work on updating the pet images to be consistent in terms of font, spacing, etc., but always get distracted by new things. Have a handful of grids left. As far as sea turtles go, I'm not at all sure how to make the grid. Do we just do a standard grid with the normal colors, then do a special one for the rotating colors? Thoughts? Not sure how to make this work with the mypet template, so would need help there as well.
Wikipedia Administrator

Posted by budclare2 at Feb 25, 2015 5:25:56 PM
Honestly, I'm thinking we should do more of a table thingy for the LE fams anyway, similar to the LE pets. Then we only have to have one image from each (though if people upload other hats colors, that's fine), and can just make a note about the hat colors. Adding the LE colors to the regular color grid just creates a lot of dead space anyway (when it's a two-color fam), and is a pain in the butt to update.

I was going to start working on a table for parrots (all the LE color combinations, plus the hatted one) to try it out, but I really don't have time right now.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by jlh0605 at Feb 26, 2015 10:37:56 AM

Jamesh, do you know which color gemstone sea turtle that is? There are 6 different ones. Or is it a black one?
I don't know for sure. The images came from a hearty of mine (Alpha), and her wiki page says that it's diamond, so that's as good of a guess as I have.

In general the familiar grids need some work. I mentioned updating them to match the trinket/pet grids, but someone or other more or less told me not to.
I am personally in favor of any proposal that is easiest (across the board) for those updating/maintaining the images. However, that person isn't me. I can do wiki code in my sleep (literally, sometimes), and make tables and stuff, but I'm horrible at image editing.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Posted by budclare2 at Feb 26, 2015 2:43:34 PM
Holy crap, is stripping down the ice blue octo ever a pain in the butt.

We just need a chocolate hatted octo for a complete set. Don't see any for sale in the bazaars... But I'm not here. I'm not. Because I have stuff to do, so obviously I'm not here. :(

RE: that turtle
Diamond and blue grey, maybe? (How are we supposed to know these things? D:)

EDIT: I forgot the ice blue octo was named. I could have just pulled it from the web version of the owner's info page. D:

/e steals the peach/white spider from the info page to make herself feel better
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Feb 27, 2015 8:58:52 PM
Found the inventory image for the hatted parrot. I named it Parrot-hat-navy-ice_blue.png because I think it can only have two colors. The single color fams have single color hats, for a total of two colors. The parrot's colors match his hat and the pic in the blog post for the ice boxes...and it makes sense they wouldn't bother trying to add more than two colors to a fam. (If I'm wrong and they later decide to fiddle with the hat colors, then we'll just have to rename it.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Dexla at Mar 2, 2015 6:06:32 AM
Don't know if this helps any with the hat-fam-family hunt
ice octo/aqua hat
orange monkey/wine hat

And during the booch box promo of last august thought I saw a couple of interesting combos:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=2648320#2648320
Dexla d'Midnight

Posted by budclare2 at Mar 5, 2015 1:10:26 AM
Fams!
FAMS we need:
-Chocolate Octopus with Sleeping Hat
-Orange/Wine Parrot
-watch for booched chameleons and parrots (we already have a magenta hatted oct, which is about as interesting as it's likely to get.)

Fam images which I stuck on the bottom of their respective pages until they can be added properly:
Yellow/Spring Green Parrot
Tan/Spring Green Parrot
Banana/Banana Parrot
Tan/Chocolate Parrot
Chocolate Monkey
hatted octos
hatted parrot
hatted monkeys

I think this hat must be chocolate, but I'd like some other people to look at it. (You'll have to save it and zoom way in.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by 010liam010 at Mar 5, 2015 5:35:41 AM
Re: Fams!
That is indeed a Magenta Octo with Chocolate stripped hat. Source being I used to own it! Hope that helps.
Liamm on Meridian

Posted by TexasBeesh at Mar 5, 2015 8:18:33 AM
Here is my Ice Blue Octo with a Navy hat:

Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!

Posted by Fannon at Mar 5, 2015 9:21:43 AM
I've updated the parrot grid for all the missing ones, including the orange/wine, and have uploaded separately the individual images that weren't already there.

Regarding the familiars with hats: I think we should rename the individual images for consistency. We have three different sort of things going at the moment. I propose "Monkey with hat", "Parrot with hat" and "Octopus with hat". Thoughts? i can move the images to the correct names, and it would be only a handful of edits currently to reflect the new names.
Wikipedia Administrator

Posted by budclare2 at Mar 5, 2015 12:40:15 PM

That is indeed a Magenta Octo with Chocolate stripped hat. Source being I used to own it! Hope that helps.

Thanks! :)

Regarding the familiars with hats: I think we should rename the individual images for consistency. We have three different sort of things going at the moment. I propose "Monkey with hat", "Parrot with hat" and "Octopus with hat". Thoughts? i can move the images to the correct names, and it would be only a handful of edits currently to reflect the new names.

Yeah, I was going to mention that last night, but I got tired and stopped caring. I'd just go with 'hat'...but now that I think about it, I'm starting to get paranoid they'll add different hats. But they probably won't. And if they do, we could deal with that then.

I do actually like the monkey's name best...but the other hat names are so much longer. Unless we just use "musketeer" and "sleeping"? Though that makes the octopus sound like it's sleeping...

We also need to decide what we're going to do about hat colors, unfortunately. There's only one parrot hat color atm, I believe, and only a few monkey hat colors, but the octos... Probably we should just add a note about hat colors, and otherwise just upload them as needed. Or upload them as we find them, but not try to add them to the octo page any time soon.

/e goes to find caffeine...after stopping to ogle the orange/wine parrot

Huh. I was able to get the new version of the parrot table...but only until I tried to get the large version. Reloading that one isn't replacing the cached version.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Fannon at Mar 5, 2015 1:38:40 PM

Huh. I was able to get the new version of the parrot table...but only until I tried to get the large version. Reloading that one isn't replacing the cached version.

I usually have to force refresh the cache like every time I get to a new image. Kind of annoying.

I say with go with just hat, and then if they add different kinds we can throw temper tantrums, yes?

On my list is to create a grid for the ones with hats as well. It's below some other things at the moment (including spring trinket grids, and redoing the BK trinket grids).

Jamesh and I have been discussing a way to redo the way familiars display on pirate pages, but we haven't gotten very far in our brainstorming. Ideally, I'd like to move to a grid approach (ala the way we add pets and trinkets), rather than the current approach of having to upload each image separately.

So far I've only uploaded the chameleons that people are specifically trying to link to, rather than uploading every single option I currently have images of, simply because it's not worth my time to do it. If we can move to the grid approach, it'd save a ton of time in the future. Just need to figure out the best way to do it.
Wikipedia Administrator

Posted by budclare2 at Mar 5, 2015 3:40:06 PM

I usually have to force refresh the cache like every time I get to a new image. Kind of annoying.

I had to force it literally. After hitting refresh six to ten times with no effect, I got fed up and starting mouse-button-smashing over the refresh button. It worries me a little that it worked.

I say with go with just hat, and then if they add different kinds we can throw temper tantrums, yes?

Works for me. :)

Jamesh and I have been discussing a way to redo the way familiars display on pirate pages, but we haven't gotten very far in our brainstorming. Ideally, I'd like to move to a grid approach (ala the way we add pets and trinkets), rather than the current approach of having to upload each image separately.

So far I've only uploaded the chameleons that people are specifically trying to link to, rather than uploading every single option I currently have images of, simply because it's not worth my time to do it. If we can move to the grid approach, it'd save a ton of time in the future. Just need to figure out the best way to do it.

What's the difference between fams and everything else?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by jlh0605 at Mar 5, 2015 3:52:56 PM

I had the same question at first. Short answer: a lot.

As Fannon described it to me:

Each pet has its own template. The familiar ones all use ONE template which turns whatever you enter on your page into the separate image.
{{My familiars|ocean=Emerald|type=chameleon-night_blue-light_blue|name=Praxis}}
That becomes Image:Chameleon-Night blue-light blue.png, for example.

That's why we have so many separate familiar images. Most of the pet ones are on full grids (like http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/File:Pets-Big_cat_colors.png). Pets like the elephants and ponies all have full grids that allow for newly discovered colors to be added, without having to add a billion individual images and without needing to add templates.

~Jamesh on Emerald

Posted by TexasBeesh at Mar 5, 2015 6:06:57 PM
Huh I could not figure out how to link to my Ice Blue, navy hatted octo on my pirate page and I guessed it was b/c there was no image yet. You all are awesome for adding so many images and keeping things so organized.

Posted by budclare2 at Mar 6, 2015 12:07:04 AM

I had the same question at first. Short answer: a lot.

As Fannon described it to me:

Each pet has its own template. The familiar ones all use ONE template which turns whatever you enter on your page into the separate image.
{{My familiars|ocean=Emerald|type=chameleon-night_blue-light_blue|name=Praxis}}
That becomes Image:Chameleon-Night blue-light blue.png, for example.

That's why we have so many separate familiar images. Most of the pet ones are on full grids (like http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/File:Pets-Big_cat_colors.png). Pets like the elephants and ponies all have full grids that allow for newly discovered colors to be added, without having to add a billion individual images and without needing to add templates.

But is there any difference other than that individual templates haven't been set up for them? ...oh, and converting from the old way to the new way would be a job of work. Gotcha. Also, ouch. :(
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Belthazar451 at Mar 6, 2015 5:48:13 AM
Pets and trinkets are shown with the inventory box as a background. Familiars are not.

Posted by jlh0605 at Mar 6, 2015 10:12:27 AM
Personally, I think they should have the inventory box around them ... but maybe that's just me.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Posted by budclare2 at Mar 6, 2015 9:52:55 PM
pets!
Okay, that turtle someone posted on the last page is definitely diamond/black...the question is just why. According to the official doc, it should be diamond/diamond, but I can't remember seeing one of those ever. Weird. Can anyone else remember seeing a white/white turtle ever?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Mar 11, 2015 5:54:13 AM
Foxes! And ghosts!
I worked on the fox page. I decided to consider all the foxes limited edition because...they are, really. I feel weird having the one that's just called "fox" listed under limited editions, but it's no less limited than the others and it's also the one that could best be described as just a plain fox. It's not a perfect solution, but unless someone has a better idea, it'll do.

It looks like we're missing all the persimmon patchy inventory images (which should be aqua, blue, and navy blue handkerchiefs). And chestnut foxes are coming up next month, eep.

(I'm working on the yeti and sea turtle pages next, which have similar issues regarding standard/limited editions. Ugh. Maybe I'll just sidestep the issue by labeling the tables 'standard and/or limited editions', like the sea turtle page currently does. It beats tearing my hair out over it.)

Also, ghostiness: It looks like we need inventory images for the ghost rat and ghost small dog, too, unless they're just hiding really well. I have hearties who have a hedgehog and a small dog (whenever I manage to track them down), but I'm not sure if I know anyone with a rat. (Maybe one of them has that, too. We'll see, I guess.)

EDIT: Okay, I think these are the patchy foxes we're missing:
-persimmon (aqua, blue, and navy blue)
-blue grey (rose)
-gold (black)
-orange (black)
-maroon (banana)

EDIT: I have leads on blue grey/rose and gold/black, though I'm sucking at managing to catch people online lately. I've added them to my list of people to stalk, though.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Raalala at Mar 11, 2015 6:50:21 AM
Re: Foxes! And ghosts!
Couple that I think we need;

Ice blue Elephant -

Black pig -

Also, looks like the black rabbit hasn't been added yet.

I can get an inventory screenie of the blue grey patchy fox with rose scarf, just means making someone log in but I'll do it later :)
~ Bambeh

Posted by budclare2 at Mar 11, 2015 7:10:09 AM
You are awesome, Bambeh. <3

EDIT: black rabbit is added to the rabbit page. I'll add the inventory image and sort out the template later/tomorrow. Or I'll be stupid and do it now because I really wanted to make my first (teeny-tiny) templates... /e facepalms
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by jlh0605 at Mar 11, 2015 1:51:50 PM

Or I'll be stupid and do it now because I really wanted to make my first (teeny-tiny) templates...

Yay! I'm not the only active template editor anymore!
~Jamesh on Emerald

Posted by Rechivas at Mar 11, 2015 3:24:10 PM

Always looking for trinkets :)
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Rechiva/Trinkets

Rechiva - Emerald

Posted by Raalala at Mar 11, 2015 4:06:57 PM
Voilla

~ Bambeh

Posted by budclare2 at Mar 12, 2015 12:43:27 PM
Furniture has colors listed now too (which is enormously helpful given how insane kraken furniture colors are; my loud yellow throne? Light green). Hopefully they'll do pets next. The yeti colors are...special, and there's the turtles to sort out, too. Like, you know, the "diamond/diamond" thing.

Missing Unicorn inventory images:
Icy/Icy
Icy/White
Icy/Pale silver
White/Icy
Pale gold/Silver (bad photoshop, need a new one)

Also, this looks emerald/emerald to me, but I haven't seen many natural turtles so I don't have much to compare it to. Can anyone confirm?

(If it is emerald, it'll have to be renamed to gemstone sea turtle so I can use a natural turtle for the default "sea turtle".)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by jlh0605 at Mar 12, 2015 1:30:44 PM

Hopefully they'll do pets next.

Agreed, but:

Pet colors have turned out to be quite a handful, because every pet is a unique and beautiful snowflake that handles its colors in its own special way. That battle will likely need to wait for another time.

My suggestion (Forculus, are you reading this?) is that he could implement a pet or two at a time, but at a minimum, make sure that new pets have the feature.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Posted by budclare2 at Mar 12, 2015 2:31:36 PM

Hopefully they'll do pets next.

Agreed, but:

Pet colors have turned out to be quite a handful, because every pet is a unique and beautiful snowflake that handles its colors in its own special way. That battle will likely need to wait for another time.

My suggestion (Forculus, are you reading this?) is that he could implement a pet or two at a time, but at a minimum, make sure that new pets have the feature.

That's fine as long as he starts with the yetis and turtles. I don't give a crap what colors the ones we already have color tables for are. ;)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Mar 25, 2015 5:49:00 PM
Chameleon stripes we still need (preferable on a pirate page):
-red
-grey
-aqua
-lime
-light green
(-possible LE color stripes from booch boxes)

RE: black turtles
Reading the black box series 4 blog announcement more closely, I found, "a number of varied and shadowy Sea Turtle pets." So, I suppose that explains why there are two different black turtles, but we still don't know what color the white-ish one is officially. Bah.

EDIT: Oh! There's a black/grey turtle, too. I thought I remembered seeing grey ones, but I thought I was being paranoid. black/black, black/grey, black/white
So I suppose calling the colors black, white, and grey is (hopefully) safe enough. Probably. Ish. Though I wonder which is primary and which is secondary? :(
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 2, 2015 4:32:53 PM
The image isn't actually usable, unfortunately (curse you, jpg!), but at least we have an icy unicorn for reference: An icy unicorn

/e puts it on a wanted poster
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Quansha at Apr 3, 2015 1:09:07 AM
Thought I should add the sea turtles I have, I think they are black/grey grey/black and black/black.

Quansha on Emerald

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 3, 2015 8:56:21 AM
...grey/black, too.

/e cries a little

Thanks, Quansha. Oh! And...damn. The skin is the primary color. You were holding all three at once when you took the inventory screenshot? Drat. I wanted the shell to be the primary color. Nevermind. At least I know now which it is. Thanks! :)

EDIT: The last possible combination of black, white, and grey that has at least one black is white shell with black skin. That sounds pretty conspicuous, though, so probably it doesn't exist? Or maybe it's just that no one has spawned one yet... We should keep an eye out just in case.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Quansha at Apr 3, 2015 2:58:42 PM
Yeah, the inventory screenshot is when they were all in there at the same time. :)
Quansha on Emerald

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 3, 2015 4:57:20 PM

Yeah, the inventory screenshot is when they were all in there at the same time. :)

Thanks. :)

It's chestnut patchy fox time!

The new list of patchy foxes we need inventory images for is:
-persimmon (aqua, blue, and navy blue)
-gold (black)
-orange (black)
-maroon (banana)
-chestnut (spring green, green and emerald)

(I have blue grey/rose but I was waiting until I have one or two more to add it to the palette. Also...I'm inclined to delete the non-existent patchy foxes from the palette. Does anyone object?)

Crap. I just realized the turtles sorted grey before black. So much for my crazy hope that the turtle palette would even slightly follow the standard palette. D:
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Meehearties at Apr 3, 2015 5:09:43 PM
inventory image as requested

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 3, 2015 5:48:08 PM
<3
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 5, 2015 4:01:42 PM
Ghost hedgehog is done. Ghost rat is not done because rats can't be put in trade windows. Argh.

Also, there's a plum/grey hedgehog listed on the hedgehog template and that color is shown in the plum box blog post pic. I have no idea if it even really exists, but I'm adding it to my list of things to watch for. Found it, nevermind. Thank you, Keaze, for pointing me in the right direction. :)

EDIT: The festive yeti are making me weep bitterly. So much for my plan to try to make a template that would overlay a festive hat with a transparent background over any color of yeti. The festive yeti inventory images are completely different from the regular yeti. D:
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Meehearties at Apr 10, 2015 2:36:53 PM

Ghost hedgehog is done. Ghost rat is not done because rats can't be put in trade windows. Argh.

Is an image in the booty panel any good? I could get that. I think i won a couple

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean

Posted by Belthazar451 at Apr 10, 2015 3:08:15 PM
budclare2 wrote: 
Thanks, Quansha. Oh! And...damn. The skin is the primary color. You were holding all three at once when you took the inventory screenshot? Drat. I wanted the shell to be the primary color. Nevermind. At least I know now which it is. Thanks! :)

Just noticed this, but: do you know the secondary colour is sorted first, right?

Meehearties wrote: 
Is an image in the booty panel any good? I could get that. I think i won a couple

Yeah, it's the unequipped box that we've been using on the wiki. Not entirely sure why the trade interface was important...

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 10, 2015 4:01:50 PM

Just noticed this, but: do you know the secondary colour is sorted first, right?

zrsdrsdrsdrsdrsdrsdrsdrsdujyhvesg

And suddenly I'm inclined to give up entirely. That. Makes. NO. Sense. At all. The regular little quirks I can take. But this is just.... What the hell? Did they flip a coin?

Yeah, it's the unequipped box that we've been using on the wiki. Not entirely sure why the trade interface was important...

...because I don't have a ghost rat, or the ability to magic one up so I can grab a screenshot from my own booty?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Meehearties at Apr 10, 2015 4:48:50 PM
and boom!

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 10, 2015 5:52:49 PM
<3
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Belthazar451 at Apr 11, 2015 6:56:39 AM

And suddenly I'm inclined to give up entirely. That. Makes. NO. Sense. At all. The regular little quirks I can take. But this is just.... What the hell? Did they flip a coin?

It makes sense when you think of how the colour IDs work. It's little-endian, you see. Primary colour winds up at the right-hand end of the ID number, which means the secondary colour (or the tertiary colour) winds up having a greater impact on how it's sorted.

Posted by Raalala at Apr 11, 2015 7:00:08 AM
Are we missing these?

~ Bambeh

Posted by budclare2 at May 23, 2015 12:42:05 AM
Okay! I finally got the sea turtle palette up with all the non-natural colors. (It would have likely been done sooner if I'd realized sooner that the giant dreaming turtle from the dream class sloop uses the actual sea turtle palette, i.e. I can play with Yohoho Tools to see the colors.) Also it would have helped if I'd realized sooner that pets sort by type then age like fams*, so it doesn't matter what order the palette is in.

But I only have one lonely natural so far (light grey/navy), so please keep an eye out for them.

And then I can deal with yeti-hell! I think festive yetis are only two colors (fur/skin and hat), but they seem to have an extra fur/skin color (ice blue?). It looks almost identical to light blue fur in portraits, but the inventory images are much lighter. Grr. And the inventory images are so tiny! I wish they'd put a giant sleeping yeti in yohoho tools... (EDIT: Actually, I think that festive yeti portrait might just be booched...and they definitely are three color, even though it seems to be rare. I've still only seen red hats, though, even though they allegedly can be green and ice blue, too.)

*Actually, fam sort order is even weirder than that. On pirate pages, it seems to just be by age, and in my booty...it's wacky. I have orange, tan, tan, even though the orange was won between the two tans. The pet sort order seems reasonable, though.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at May 27, 2015 10:44:40 AM
THE LIST

This is the current list. Everything else from Fannon's OP is either done or close to it.

These are all inventory images. (The turtles and the festive yeti will be mostly photoshopped, so we just need one of each primary/secondary/tertiary color.)

Festive yeti (Need silver fur, a green hat, and several skin colors.)
Sea turtles in "natural" colors (Need 10 shell colors and 6 skin colors. The template page is the easiest way to see which we're missing.)
Sasquatch with a tan face?

-persimmon (aqua, blue)
-chestnut (green)

Collar colors:
--white/grey (probably white is the missing color, but could possibly be grey)
--pink
--purple
--persimmon
--ice
--banana
--wine
--plum
--chocolate

Booch boxes:
chameleons, octopuses, parrots, ponies (white coat, black mane, with magenta, ice, or banana tack)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Fannon at May 27, 2015 5:05:53 PM
Have updated the original post with your new informations. :)
Wikipedia Administrator

Posted by budclare2 at May 27, 2015 10:09:49 PM
wb, Fannon! :)

I know someone who has a cream-faced yeti but she hasn't logged on in a week. I'm getting twitchy having the palette so close to done and not posted, so I'm going to go ahead and upload it. Hopefully it'll be finished sometime this week. (The sasquatch palette is waiting on someone I keep near-missing, so that will be up soon, too.)

Now everyone can boggle at the "light blue" yeti skin. Yes, it's correct. Hera checked it for me twice. She's awesome that way.

EDIT: Finally, a persimmon patchy fox (navy)! I was starting to think they were mythical.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at May 31, 2015 4:11:35 PM
Icy unicorn! \o/

I fixed the bad photoshop, too, while I was making myself the other two icy unis, so the unicorns are all done now.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Jun 9, 2015 9:40:55 AM
Dragons:
The official doc said brown, but was changed to tan. I saw someone with what looked like brown the other day; I should have asked for confirmation. :(

So, can anyone confirm that they are, in fact, tan? (Which sounds like a rip-off. Tan was the only of the four colors that previously existed.)

Unicorns:
Still no color information on the official doc. I found a pale silver/white so far. Possibly white/pale silver and pale silver/pale silver are also available (these all being combinations not previously released), but the picture from the blog post looks an awful lot like a grey mane. Argh.

Turtles: done

Toucans: ...probably done? I'm just a little paranoid about the shade of blue shown in the blog pic. Probably just artistic license, but still. I'll upload the other three when I get a chance, and probably hold off on the orange/blue until I see it myself.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by wrs1864b at Jun 9, 2015 10:11:32 AM

Dragons:
The official doc said brown, but was changed to tan. I saw someone with what looked like brown the other day; I should have asked for confirmation. :(

So, can anyone confirm that they are, in fact, tan? (Which sounds like a rip-off. Tan was the only of the four colors that previously existed.)

Tan vs Brown is an easy mistake for ringers to make. Internally, Tan is known as "brown" and Brown is known as "dark_brown". There are a lot of other weird things, like medium cannon balls are known as "cannonballs.plain", swill is "rum.cheap", lacquer is "fine_varnish", etc. I was told by an OM that their tools often use internal names and they usually remember the exceptions.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.

Posted by budclare2 at Jun 9, 2015 1:33:16 PM

Tan vs Brown is an easy mistake for ringers to make. Internally, Tan is known as "brown" and Brown is known as "dark_brown". There are a lot of other weird things, like medium cannon balls are known as "cannonballs.plain", swill is "rum.cheap", lacquer is "fine_varnish", etc. I was told by an OM that their tools often use internal names and they usually remember the exceptions.

That doesn't explain why all the other fams/pets are new color combinations and that one isn't. If it was meant to be brown but was made tan by accident, I'm not sure switching the doc to say tan was the best fix. (The one that I saw did look like it could plausibly be brown, but I didn't save the screenshot, unfortunately. Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me, though.)

OTOH, the official doc about dragon colors looks pretty sparse. Maybe a lot of the color combinations in the dragon palette never actually existed. In which case, the next questions is: did any of the old tan dragons have white horns? (Though I'm really too tired to care much anyway.)

EDIT: Actually, given that navy was listed for three different months, there probably was only one horn color per month, in which case, yes, a lot of those dragons don't exist.

EDIT YET AGAIN: Except looking at the old thread, that doesn't appear to be the case. So, I'm back to thinking it was supposed to be brown this time and went terribly wrong. :(
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Belthazar451 at Jun 9, 2015 2:05:21 PM
wrs1864b wrote: 
I was told by an OM that their tools often use internal names and they usually remember the exceptions.

Ooo! Ooo! Genie legs! Love that name. Genie chest, too. =)

Posted by budclare2 at Jun 15, 2015 12:01:01 PM
Okay, the unicorn colors are up, and they're all new combinations of old colors, so I can photoshop the three I don't have yet. So the new gold box stuff should be done (soon).

So, we're back to needing mostly festive yeti and natural turtles, plus the last few patchy foxes. I update the list pretty often.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 7, 2015 2:20:14 PM
I grabbed the new ice pet inventory images from the palace shoppe, but we'll need scene images for all three.

Scene only:
Ice hedgehog
Ice pig
Ice leopard
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Strategyking at Jul 7, 2015 4:08:11 PM
Ice Hedgehog:

Ice Leopard
Strategy - Meridian
Strategyy - Emerald

Posted by Halfbrain5 at Jul 7, 2015 8:20:23 PM
related to pets - I edited ghost pet info and it got changed back. why? ghost pets DO make the same sounds as all other pets of their type and are no longer semi-transparent since they were changed months, maybe a year ago. if this is the wrong thread (I usually never find the right one) where should I ask ?
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers

Posted by jlh0605 at Jul 8, 2015 9:52:55 AM

related to pets - I edited ghost pet info and it got changed back. why?
What page specifically did you edit? Could you possibly link the edit itself? Then we can probably figure out why it was reverted.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 8, 2015 10:44:57 AM
Thanks, Strategy! :)

Halfbrain5 wrote: 
related to pets - I edited ghost pet info and it got changed back. why? ghost pets DO make the same sounds as all other pets of their type and are no longer semi-transparent since they were changed months, maybe a year ago. if this is the wrong thread (I usually never find the right one) where should I ask ?

If you make changes out of left field with no explanation or justification, they'll get reverted...especially when some of your changes are clearly wrong. They may have turned down the transparency a bit, but they certainly haven't turned it off completely. If they had, the ghost hedgehog would look an awful lot like the ice hedgehog, for a start.

And if they had made a change that large to the ghost pets, it would have been appropriate to add historical notes to the pages about the changes. Also, making changes without adding a summary of the changes when you save is just going to annoy people (and increase the chances that they'll not bother including an explanation when they revert your changes).

As for the sounds, did you test one of the ghost pets, or did you test all of the types?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Dexla at Jul 9, 2015 8:08:32 AM
In regards spectral pet transparency:
Are you sure you have "enable special event effects" checked in your options panel? Disabling that will make your transparent pets opaque.*

*I think. I found this out with a Spectral Hound. I don't/didn't have any other ghost pets to test this on.
Dexla d'Midnight

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 9, 2015 1:31:45 PM

In regards spectral pet transparency:
Are you sure you have "enable special event effects" checked in your options panel? Disabling that will make your transparent pets opaque.*

*I think. I found this out with a Spectral Hound. I don't/didn't have any other ghost pets to test this on.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. But if so, it should probably be bugged... I wouldn't think that was intentional.

Does it disable the silence, too?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Halfbrain5 at Jul 10, 2015 3:09:59 PM

taken today, as you can see by color of ocean, special effects are enabled. cat is clearly saying purr and is as transparent as my pig.

compare to this page, https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Cat#Ghost_cat which is one of the ones I edited and you can clearly see a floorboard through the cat and you cannot see the chair leg or carpet details through the one I took today. I also checked ghost puppy and rat in the past for sounds. as for bug report, I reported the lack of silence (as you know bug reports are not answered) waited a couple of months, no change was made, submitted a petition asking if ghost pets were meant to make sounds, was told to find one and see for myself. I then edited all ghost pets to reflect accurate information. I did not realize someone would arbitrarily delete my changes without checking the information. what do you see that is"clearly wrong?"

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 10, 2015 3:49:26 PM

I did not realize someone would arbitrarily delete my changes without checking the information.

Checking what information? You gave no information. At all.

what do you see that is"clearly wrong?"

The ghost pets are working just fine for other people. The inventory image for the ghost rat and both the scene and inventory images for the ghost hedgehog were all taken in April. You can't see the floorboards through the hedgehog, but it clearly has some level of transparency.

Try reinstalling your client.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Halfbrain5 at Jul 10, 2015 4:33:12 PM
how do you define transparency other than being able to see through it? in addition, although you don't normally play on Cerulean, you can see a ghost rat at High Spirits on Terra and my cat and puppy at the palace on Cnossos if you would like to stop by and have a chat with them

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 12, 2015 8:47:31 AM

how do you define transparency other than being able to see through it?

By actually knowing how the word is used with regards to computer graphics?

As I already said, if there were no transparency whatsoever, the ice hedgehog and the ghost hedgehog would look the same, or so close as makes no difference. Tweaking the transparency/opacity (depending on your software) greys up the colors, especially dark pixels like the pet's outline.

in addition, although you don't normally play on Cerulean, you can see a ghost rat at High Spirits on Terra and my cat and puppy at the palace on Cnossos if you would like to stop by and have a chat with them

I saw the rat. I searched the palace for ages and didn't see any ghost pets (thanks so much).

The rat looked normal, though as I said in the first place, I think they turned down the transparency at some point. (They did the same to ghost people, as I recall.) The rat is still transparent, but on some backgrounds, it's not obvious unless you take a screenshot and zoom in. I can see the edge of the distillery's still cutting right across the rat's nose.

Actually, once it walks onto the widow queen rug, you don't even need to zoom in to see through it.

The rat did make noise, though as I already said, all the pets would need to be tested by several people, and even then, the wiki should still have a note that they weren't always this way. And we could try again to make sure it's not just a bug. If turning off event effects does turn the ghost pet noises back on, it's possible whoever read your bug report just assumed you had effects turned off.

Wait, I just tried turning off event effects, and it had no effect on the rat whatsoever. I even logged off and opened a new client. Weird. Maybe it works on some ghost/spectral pets and not others...or they already fixed that bug.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Halfbrain5 at Jul 13, 2015 3:30:56 PM

how do you define transparency other than being able to see through it?

By actually knowing how the word is used with regards to computer graphics?

As I already said, if there were no transparency whatsoever, the ice hedgehog and the ghost hedgehog would look the same, or so close as makes no difference. Tweaking the transparency/opacity (depending on your software) greys up the colors, especially dark pixels like the pet's outline.

in addition, although you don't normally play on Cerulean, you can see a ghost rat at High Spirits on Terra and my cat and puppy at the palace on Cnossos if you would like to stop by and have a chat with them

I saw the rat. I searched the palace for ages and didn't see any ghost pets (thanks so much).

The rat looked normal, though as I said in the first place, I think they turned down the transparency at some point. (They did the same to ghost people, as I recall.) The rat is still transparent, but on some backgrounds, it's not obvious unless you take a screenshot and zoom in. I can see the edge of the distillery's still cutting right across the rat's nose.

Actually, once it walks onto the widow queen rug, you don't even need to zoom in to see through it.

The rat did make noise, though as I already said, all the pets would need to be tested by several people, and even then, the wiki should still have a note that they weren't always this way. And we could try again to make sure it's not just a bug. If turning off event effects does turn the ghost pet noises back on, it's possible whoever read your bug report just assumed you had effects turned off.

Wait, I just tried turning off event effects, and it had no effect on the rat whatsoever. I even logged off and opened a new client. Weird. Maybe it works on some ghost/spectral pets and not others...or they already fixed that bug.

1-if you had looked sooner (or later) you would have seen them. last night I could not see them either & had to pick up both pets, log off & let them roam again. don't thank me, thank OOO, or maybe you need to reinstall your client too.
2-I never claimed special effects have any effect on ghost pet noises and why should it? I simply stated that as I had them turned on, it was not a factor.
3-I did have about a dozen people check behavior all 3 ghost pets (that existed then) months ago and have another dozen today who can confirm hedgehogs do make noises as well
4-if the wiki "should" have a note, who is going to provide it? the same person who noted that the hair color of Disguise kits as they appear on my inventory are not the same as on this page? https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Disguise_ kit or this ? https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Hair . and do you have proof that ghost pets were ever silent? or do you just believe it because you read it in YPPedia so it must be true?

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 13, 2015 4:42:08 PM

1-if you had looked sooner (or later) you would have seen them. last night I could not see them either & had to pick up both pets, log off & let them roam again. don't thank me, thank OOO, or maybe you need to reinstall your client too.

My client isn't misbehaving, so I think I'll pass, thanks.

2-I never claimed special effects have any effect on ghost pet noises and why should it? I simply stated that as I had them turned on, it was not a factor.

You are not the center of the universe, hon. I was trying to be thorough, whether you approve of it or not. If turning off event effects used to turn off ghost pet transparency, why would it be any weirder for it to disable the silence, too?

3-I did have about a dozen people check behavior all 3 ghost pets (that existed then) months ago and have another dozen today who can confirm hedgehogs do make noises as well

Which. You. Did. Not. Say. Anything. About. Until. Just. Now.

4-if the wiki "should" have a note, who is going to provide it? the same person who noted that the hair color of Disguise kits as they appear on my inventory are not the same as on this page? https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Disguise_ kit or this ? https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Hair .

So the wiki isn't perfect so we shouldn't even bother having any standards whatsoever, so we should let, for instance, you put anything on the wiki you want even if we know it isn't true just so you can pretend you're not wrong?

and do you have proof that ghost pets were ever silent?

You can't even hear yourself, can you? (And yes, I'm fairly certain they were silent. There's probably a forum thread about it somewhere, too.)

or do you just believe it because you read it in YPPedia so it must be true?

Well, obviously not, or we wouldn't have had to revert your edits, would we?

Are we done yet?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 19, 2015 3:57:27 PM
I have all the images for both the ice pets and the plum fams/pets ready to upload...as soon as the wiki stops being a pain in the booty and lets us upload files again. Thanks, everyone who helped. :)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 22, 2015 12:36:07 AM
Thing that is currently driving me nuts: there's a black/grey in the small dog palette. Does anyone know where it came from?

Linky
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Halfbrain5 at Jul 23, 2015 3:00:41 PM
in case you still want more festive yetis. regular yeti and screenshot included for better comparison.

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 23, 2015 4:20:49 PM
Ooo, thanks <3
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Halfbrain5 at Jul 23, 2015 6:57:44 PM
another point I would like clarified:
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Fox_box
states "Fox pets won from the Fox Box will have persimmon as their primary fur color."
however the original information from The Spyglass & which appeared in the news section of the Notice Board in game says Red foxes and White Foxes. I have added the persimmon and maroon patchy foxes to show there is very little difference in these colors but when compared side by side, the original does not look persimmon to me. I am also wondering how red and white became persimmon only.

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 23, 2015 9:47:55 PM
The blog pictures often have wonky colors. The fox in the picture posted is not really maroon. And that fox box poem is bizarre, but I don't imagine writing a poem involving the word 'persimmon' is easy...
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 24, 2015 1:39:26 AM
Double-post, yay!

I've been pointedly ignoring unicorn collar colors for the sake of my sanity (most of the unicorn-relevant official docs didn't include collar color), but it turns out we already have a mostly complete collar palette, so we might as well work on finishing it.

I've added the needed collar colors to the list:

The (Updated) List

(It's only the collars we need, so the unicorn's other colors are irrelevant.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 26, 2015 8:44:10 PM
THE LIST

This is the current list. (Reposting because I can't edit the other one anymore.)

These are all inventory images. (The turtles and the festive yeti will be mostly photoshopped, so we just need one of each primary/secondary/tertiary color.)

Festive yeti (Need silver fur, a green hat, and several skin colors.)

Sea turtles in "natural" colors (The template page is the easiest way to see which we're missing.)
  • Shells: green, light green, brown
  • Skin: light grey

Sasquatch with a tan face? (It might not exist. The blog pictures aren't all that accurate sometimes.)

-persimmon (navy)
    -chestnut (green)

Pony inventory images:
    white coat, black mane, and banana tack (the last booch box pony I need)

Collar colors:
    --pink
    --persimmon
    --ice
    --chocolate

Booch boxes:
    chameleons, octopuses, parrots
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

• Posted by Halfbrain5 at Aug 3, 2015 8:37:20 PM
    I asked for confirmation and got these answers from Clotho
    1-in spite of the weird poem, white foxes were never awarded
    2-"There is nothing in the code that would prevent ghost pets from talking."
    3-in spite of what we partly agreed on "There have been no changes to transparency in ghost pets."

may I edit ghost pets again to eliminate the line that says they are silent?

Posted by Halfbrain5 at Aug 3, 2015 8:47:11 PM

Posted by Raalala at Aug 4, 2015 7:43:54 AM
    Possibly Nana?

~ Bambeh

Posted by budclare2 at Aug 5, 2015 5:34:11 PM

I asked for confirmation and got these answers from Clotho
    1-in spite of the weird poem, white foxes were never awarded
    2-"There is nothing in the code that would prevent ghost pets from talking."
    3-in spite of what we partly agreed on "There have been no changes to transparency in ghost pets."

may I edit ghost pets again to eliminate the line that says they are silent?

2. That doesn't say anything about in the past, but whatever, I'm about ready to gnaw my own leg off to escape this conversation.
    3. ...yeah, I'm not even going to respond to that.

As for your question, if that's what it takes to get you to stop bothering me about ghost pets, then do it. I would have gotten around to it eventually, but whatever.

RE: the things I actually care about
    Banana uni collar: Yes! Thank you. :)

Pinkish uni collar: I'm pretty sure that's rose. It looks rose in-scene, and it's the same brightness as the lavender in the inventory image. Thank you for trying, though. :)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Aug 16, 2015 1:14:26 AM
    I got six new turtle shell colors and two new turtle skin colors from a box addict today. :D

Only four shell colors and four* skin colors to go.

I've updated the list.

*And I've spotted a dark green skin, so I just need to catch the owner online...which is good, because the difference between green and dark green skin is so subtle, I'm not sure anyone but me would have caught it. /e spends way too much time squinting at pets
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Meehearties at Aug 17, 2015 6:29:08 AM

boom!

and feast your color sorting eyes on this one...is it red skin?

Mee
    Meehearties
    Hunter Ocean

Posted by budclare2 at Aug 17, 2015 2:55:28 PM
    Thank you! <3

And yes, that's red, so double thank you. :)

(Four shells and two skin left. I'm so glad they re-released the turtles. I was afraid I was going to have to hit some poor OM up for help.)

Wait...that means those two turtles in Lima inn are now taunting me with a full half of the remaining colors. So cruel. :(
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by jlh0605 at Aug 21, 2015 2:44:04 PM
    Oh, Budclare, I'm so sorry....

New colors:
    1 new octopus with sleeping hat color (lime hat)
    4 new monkey colors
    5 new yeti colors (I think they meant skin colors), each with 7 hat colors
    7 new musketeer parrot colors, each with 7 hat colors
    48 new pink elephant colors (we already have lime/lime)
    ~Jamesh on Emerald

Posted by Empatheticly at Aug 21, 2015 4:53:57 PM
    I think you need this one. Sorry it's not cut, I don't know exactly how or what you would want it cut.

Best wishes!

EDIT: In case it's not apparent, that's Lavender. If you need it turned for a better pic, I suppose I could model some more, just let me (or Gwen the actual owner) know!

I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
    Still playing, here and there.

Posted by budclare2 at Aug 22, 2015 5:48:50 AM
    Thanks, Empathetic. :)

Oh, Budclare, I'm so sorry....

New colors:
    1 new octopus with sleeping hat color (lime hat)
    4 new monkey colors
    5 new yeti colors (I think they meant skin colors), each with 7 hat colors
    7 new musketeer parrot colors, each with 7 hat colors
    48 new pink elephant colors (we already have lime/lime)

I know. D:

I've been dreading it for weeks...but it's not really that bad. Mostly the timing just sucks.

Things I need from other people (inventory images):
    Yeti fur:
    -Plum

Yeti hat:
    -spring green

(The yeti I have so far has blue skin. They might all have it.)

-secondary (Chocolate, Wine)
    -tertiary (Plum, Chocolate) - Outer edge of cloth
    I hate elephants. I have so much trouble telling which is secondary and which is tertiary.

Parrots:
    -wine (I need to see which shade they used. Some of the fam types actually use dark wine rather than wine.)
    -other colors I can work out on my own, but I won't get around to doing all of them for a while, probably.

Monkeys:
    done

Octos:
    -a wine hat would be helpful..but I'm prepared to ignore the octos for a while. The hatted octos are a headache that I've been putting off dealing with.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Aug 22, 2015 9:32:21 PM
    I was wrong. We have several of the elephant secondary and/or tertiary colors already, from LE boxes. I should avoid posting when I'm half asleep. :)

I'll update the list in a few minutes.

EDIT: Also, the festive yeti aren't all blue-skinned, but at least that means I've gotten two new-to-me old skin colors already. :)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by TexasBeesh at Aug 25, 2015 9:00:52 AM
    If you want to check my gallery I have:

Lime Octo with lime hat
    Ice blue hatted parrot with Banana
    Lime hatted parrot with Plum

I also have 2 pink elephants running around the flag hall:
    Lime (or is it spring green?) cloth with Plum accent
    Banana cloth with Choco accent

EDIT:
    Thanks Bobhope!

Plum with Banana hat

Bobhope also had this:

Posted by budclare2 at Aug 25, 2015 9:08:04 PM
    Thanks, Seatexan. :)

EDIT: Oo! That yeti has rose skin, too. Perfect. :D
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Aug 29, 2015 4:37:48 AM
    THE LIST

This is the current list. It's what's left of the old list plus what's left of the booch box list.

Festive yeti fur:
    -silver

Festive yeti hats:
    -green

Sea turtles in "natural" colors (template page)
  • Skin: light grey

-WINE secondary

-persimmon (navy, I think...but possibly blue.)
    -chestnut (green)

Pony inventory images:
    white coat, black mane, and banana tack (the last booch box pony I need)

Collar colors:
    --pink
    --persimmon
    --chocolate

Booch boxes:
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

• Posted by Runkeerin at Oct 3, 2015 4:32:39 AM
    I believe I have a brown-shelled Sea Turtle!
    Unless my eyes are deceiving me, of course.

I hope that's what you're looking for!
    Gone

Posted by budclare2 at Oct 3, 2015 5:32:25 AM
    Yes! Thank you. <3

And I found someone in the bazaar selling a green shell, so I should be able to get that one, too. That'll leave light grey skin, and then the turtles will be done. :D
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Dec 4, 2015 12:52:10 PM
    Bumping to remind everyone that we're still looking for a turtle with light grey skin.

/e crosses her fingers that she'll be able to finish off the natural turtles this month

(I'll get the new gemstone turtle and the toucans uploaded either later today or tomorrow. I don't need images for any of those.)

EDIT: I won a turtle! But its skin is blue grey. So close. :(
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Kuroge at Dec 6, 2015 1:10:19 AM
    I'm not sure if this is still needed, but this is a spring green striped chameleon:

There is also an ice blue one on Emerald
    Kuroge from Emerald

Posted by budclare2 at Dec 6, 2015 12:48:19 PM
    Oo, thanks.

(Ice has been on my to-do list for months. Ugh. At least now I have twice as much motivation to get around to it. :)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Dec 18, 2015 6:05:15 PM
    We have a light grey-skinned turtle! \o/

SNOOPY DANCE!

Now I just need time to add it to the grid...
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Jan 10, 2016 5:26:56 PM
    THE LIST

This is the current list, reposted because I can't edit the old post anymore.

Festive yeti fur:
    -silver

-WINE secondary

-persimmon (navy, I think...but possibly blue.)
    -chestnut (green)

Collar colors:
    --pink
    --persimmon
    --chocolate

Booch boxes:
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Ryanford350 at Jan 10, 2016 7:06:58 PM
    I've got a silver Festive Yeti. Will try and hook up next time I'm on
    PoE

Don't waste your time
    Or time will waste you

================

Posted by budclare2 at Jan 23, 2016 6:12:06 PM
    Icy fun:
    -parrot: done

-monkey: An inventory image would be nice.

-penguin: I have the inventory image, a scene image, and a single-person portrait image. Eventually I'll want a multi-person portrait image so we'll have the penguin's whole body, but there's no rush. I could only get one sound out of the stubborn thing (a squeak), so I think they have the same sounds as regular penguins, but I can't be sure. Feel free to poke one if you see one to see what it says.

Probably yellow beak, ice blue fur, and maroon hat is the only penguin possible (it's in the picture on the NB/blog and also on the January seal), but let me know if you see any other colors.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Kuroge at Jan 23, 2016 9:22:58 PM
    These are the sounds I've seen:

Swashbuckling Penguin says, "En Garde!"
    Swashbuckling Penguin squeaks.
    Swashbuckling Penguin waddles.
    Swashbuckling Penguin peeps.
    Kuroge from Emerald

Posted by budclare2 at Jan 24, 2016 1:49:42 PM
    Drat. Thanks. :)

Okay, the penguin is being more chatty today, so now we have:

Swashbuckling Penguin blushes.
    Swashbuckling Penguin bows respectfully.
    Swashbuckling Penguin has happy feet.
    Swashbuckling Penguin peeps.
    Swashbuckling Penguin poses.
    Swashbuckling Penguin says, "En Garde!"
    Swashbuckling Penguin squeaks.
    Swashbuckling Penguin tap dances.
    Swashbuckling Penguin twirls.
    Swashbuckling Penguin waddles.

(Non-bold ones are normal penguin sounds.)

Joycey's penguin is currently in her tailor shoppe Candy Buttons on Kirin (Meridian), if anyone else wants to try.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by jlh0605 at Jan 28, 2016 12:47:22 AM

-monkey: An inventory image would be nice.

Here you go, a hearty was kind enough to show me:

Joycey's penguin is currently in her tailor shoppe Candy Buttons on Kirin (Meridian), if anyone else wants to try.
    I need someone to help me get to all the Meridian islands at some point - that one isn't even available for me to reach.
    Edit: Same with Cerulean, actually.
    Edit: And Ice, Jade, and Opal.
    ~Jamesh on Emerald

Posted by budclare2 at Jan 28, 2016 1:37:34 PM

Here you go, a hearty was kind enough to show me:

Okay, I was just being paranoid. (There's a similar hat color tacked on at the end of the palette, like they did with dark wine for some of the fams. I worried.)

I need someone to help me get to all the Meridian islands at some point - that one isn't even available for me to reach.
    Edit: Same with Cerulean, actually.
    Edit: And Ice, Jade, and Opal.

I can help you with meridian and cerulean (except some of the cobalt uninhabited). I can't help you with ice until the next time I buy a mystery box.

(The penguin is gone now anyway. He was just so awesome, no one place could hold him for long.)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at May 22, 2016 5:25:50 PM
    THE LIST

This is the current list, reposted because I can't edit the old post anymore.

Festive yeti fur:
    -silver

-WINE secondary

-chestnut (green)
    -white (black, maroon)

Collar colors:
    --pink
    --persimmon
    --chocolate

Booch boxes:
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Dexla at May 22, 2016 10:04:12 PM

THE LIST
    -WINE secondary

I don't think there ever was a wine/wine elephant. On the wine elephant page that links to the promo details of the month it came out, it only lists a red/wine white/wine combo.
    Dexla d'Midnight

Posted by budclare2 at May 23, 2016 4:43:08 PM

I don't think there ever was a wine/wine elephant. On the wine elephant page that links to the promo details of the month it came out, it only lists a red/wine white/wine combo.

It would be from the second booch box. Pink/wine/anything. There's a chance that none happened to spawn in that color, but I have to keep an eye out.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Dexla at May 23, 2016 5:05:41 PM
    Ah! Gotcha! Never mind me!
    Dexla d'Midnight

Posted by Fannon at May 23, 2016 8:50:01 PM
    BTW- I edit the first post every time you post an update! :D I've volunteered myself and Budclare to meet people in game for screenies if needed. If any of you regulars are also willing to help with this, let me know and I'll put your name/main ocean in the first post so you can be a point of contact!

Thanks everyone for your help, as always!
    Wikipedia Administrator

Posted by budclare2 at May 31, 2016 1:46:21 AM
    Whoops, I've had this tab open for a week. /e is absentminded :(

Thanks for updating the post again! But could you copy and paste from the reply-with-quote page instead? You lost all the links, and the festive yeti are evil even with the link for reference. Sorry! <3 <3 <3
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Fannon at Jun 1, 2016 2:27:53 PM

Whoops, I've had this tab open for a week. /e is absentminded :(

Thanks for updating the post again! But could you copy and paste from the reply-with-quote page instead? You lost all the links, and the festive yeti are evil even with the link for reference. Sorry! <3 <3 <3

Yeah what I normally do is hit edit on yours and just copy/paste but I think I was half asleep this last time? Oops. Done now.
    Wikipedia Administrator

Posted by budclare2 at Jun 1, 2016 7:31:43 PM

Yeah what I normally do is hit edit on yours and just copy/paste but I think I was half asleep this last time? Oops. Done now.

No worries. I'm half asleep most of the time. <3
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Jun 3, 2016 8:27:46 PM
    MOAR PATCHY FOXES! (Need inventory images)

Fur color: White
    Handkerchief colors: Gold, Black or Maroon

EDIT: Also, a gold dog. (Need an inventory image and a scene image.)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Jun 17, 2016 2:50:57 PM
    We need an inventory image for the ghost octo. Probably a scene image, too.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Keaze at Jun 17, 2016 7:57:42 PM

We need an inventory image for the ghost octo. Probably a scene image, too.

I gotchoo(well Hotandfree does!)

Keaze
    That Bombing Guide

Posted by budclare2 at Jun 18, 2016 6:51:26 AM
    <3
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 15, 2016 11:49:26 AM
    PLUM!

Plum yeti:
    -scene image
    -inventory image(s)

There's no skin color specified, so I don't know if there's just one plum yeti or several skin colors or all the skin colors. :(
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by RonenOsden at Sep 17, 2016 10:13:50 AM

Posted by budclare2 at Sep 18, 2016 6:25:55 PM
    Thanks for the kitty and the parrot in the other thread. :)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Halfbrain5 at Sep 18, 2016 8:06:22 PM

parrot lime, ice blue
    spider chocolate, lime
    both from 2016 booch boxes

Posted by reeses584 at Sep 18, 2016 9:57:55 PM
    Not sure if you have this one yet. It's not on the parrot colour palette on the YPPedia

Brown/Chocolate
    Gwen

SomeGreenie tells ye, "realy why do teenagers afraid of saing from where they are and there age"
    Ye told SomeGreenie, "They're afraid of online predators"
    SomeGreenie tells ye, "are u one of them"

Posted by budclare2 at Sep 19, 2016 4:54:06 PM
    Thanks, both of you. :)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Oct 7, 2016 4:50:56 PM
    We're still looking for the white fox with black or maroon scarves.

(I need to post an updated list of everything we're missing...just not right now. After I've made more progress on the pelicans, probably.)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by TexasBeesh at Oct 14, 2016 9:21:53 AM

No idea what this color is.

Posted by Gunnerfreak at Oct 14, 2016 9:30:10 AM

Image isn't showing for me? I tried pasting it from F12, looking at the coding of the webpage, and that didn't work, lol. Hmph.... This issue is beyond annoying. So many pictures on Forums and I can never view them properly. :/ Faulkston? Can ye help me figure this out? lol.
    Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
    AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
    Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
    Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
    Gunnergunner on Meridian.
    Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.

Posted by budclare2 at Oct 14, 2016 10:21:40 AM

Peach/(what I am now calling) light orange.

Light brown! Wow, just last night I was worrying that maybe the one I thought was peach was actually light brown (before deciding I was just being paranoid, because the peach was just too orange to be light brown), and the very next day I briefly failed to catch that it wasn't peach. Wacky. (The light brown turtles are a tad orangey, which is why I was paranoid about it.)

Okay, light brown/light orange, I guess.

Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Oct 14, 2016 3:48:44 PM

Peach/(what I am now calling) light orange.

Light brown! Wow, just last night I was worrying that maybe the one I thought was peach was actually light brown (before deciding I was just being paranoid, because the peach was just too orange to be light brown), and the very next day I briefly failed to catch that it wasn't peach. Wacky. (The light brown turtles are a tad orangey, which is why I was paranoid about it.)

Okay, light brown/light orange, I guess.

Nevermind. Frak.

/e goes back to the drawing board

Can Peach and Peachier be names? D:

EDIT: I mean, it might still be light brown, but I'm busy pulling my hair out right now and am not committing one way or the other atm.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Oct 15, 2016 4:50:30 PM
    seatexan wrote: 

I'm now leaning towards calling those feathers peach, the old peach "dark peach", and adding a "rose brown" feather color for this infernal bird. (At a glance, it looks roughly tannish...but it's a lot pinker. And the beak is driving me nuts because I think it's meant to be persimmon, but it's so fricking red.)

Basically, I think we've officially run out of pre-existing colors and I'm now making things up. :(

Grr, argh.

I've been trying to catch you so I can get a screenshot of it in-scene to help me figure out the colors, but you haven't been on. Just so you know that you're being stalked...
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by TexasBeesh at Oct 16, 2016 1:17:10 PM
    LOL!!! ;D

I'll be on Monday! :D Hunt me down, OR if I remember, I can take one and post it here.

Edit:

Posted by budclare2 at Oct 19, 2016 2:56:03 PM
    Okay, I think I'm going with light peach and dark peach (to spare me the horror of trying to decide which to call just "peach"; chameleons are closer to the light peach, but a lot of clothing seems to be closer to the dark peach, but yellower).

I'm going with "rose brown" for the evil pelican, and persimmon for the beak (since there are precedents for funny-looking persimmon, but no precedent for red that looks like that).

And I'm renaming the current red feathers "dark red", since it's nowhere near red or maroon, and not even very close to gator "brick". (I want to call it "fruit punch". So much.)

Argh.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Raalala at Oct 19, 2016 3:28:00 PM
    Shouldn't we be using the same sort of colouring terms as Unicorns?

I.e, pale gold, pale silver, deep gold, really god damn gold, blah blah.

So many new names for colours
    ~ Bambeh

Posted by budclare2 at Oct 19, 2016 4:11:02 PM

Shouldn't we be using the same sort of colouring terms as Unicorns?

I.e, pale gold, pale silver, deep gold, really god damn gold, blah blah.

So many new names for colours

I tried that. The unicorn colors are nothing like the pelican colors.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by TexasBeesh at Oct 20, 2016 6:46:43 AM

really god damn gold, blah blah.

LOL!!!

Posted by budclare2 at Oct 20, 2016 1:00:34 PM
    God, the one I currently have as pink probably is rose. I just ignored it because I had this other color that I had no name for other than rose.

I'm getting grumpy.

EDIT: And even if we had the "official" colors, they could turn out to be as messed up as the gator colors. I think I'm getting a headache.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Crazymg at Oct 20, 2016 3:25:57 PM
    How about for now you just number them and we figure out colour names once they stop popping up?
    ~Princessmg~

Posted by budclare2 at Nov 15, 2016 4:53:47 AM
    Wine boxes:
    wine/gold hatted parrot: inventory image
    yetis: hat colors! I've only seen red so far, but the doc says "random". :( Random from the standard hat colors (red, green, ice) or random from all standard colors and it's just luck that I've only seen an old hat color so far? So, let me know what hat colors you see, and if you see a new one, I'll need an inventory image.

Currently we have:

How about for now you just number them and we figure out colour names once they stop popping up?

/e headdesks

Maybe. I don't know.

/e pulls hair out
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Nov 21, 2016 11:46:45 PM
    Pelican hell:
    I renamed magenta to pink and pink to rose. I blame the fact that I was stressed out and tired. (The pink is a smidge too purple to be pink, which is what threw me, but it's much closer to (certain instances of) pink anyway, especially in portraits.)

I am also now calling the two most evil colors "Unnamed 1" and "Unnamed 2". We hates them, precious. :(

A screenshot of "Unnamed 1" in-scene might help sort the mess out, if anyone can find me one. Or portraits. Or both. (I usually prefer to have all three for sorting out the evil colors...)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Nov 23, 2016 8:49:50 AM
    Reason #22243 why the pelicans are a pain in the butt: Those yellow highlights that make a lot of the scene views useless, too. That one I was calling rose brown (now "unnamed 2") really is that pink if it's facing the right way. It just looks seriously beigey or even yellow from other views.

I might end up going back to rose brown, and naming the lighter shade tea rose. I'm not thrilled about this. Or dusty rose and light dusty rose? I really deeply hate to use three words for one color, though.

So, four pinks, and only three pinks previous in-game. Even if I go back to calling the dark pink "magenta" (which in some contexts is the more similar color, but it really, really does not look magenta in a portrait with magenta clothes and fam, and looks very close to pink wigs) and the medium pink "pink" (it is pretty similar to the parrot feather "pink", for instance, even if in other contexts it's closer to rose), and go back to calling "unnamed 1" "rose"...well, that shade really doesn't resemble the in-game rose anyway.

/e curls up in a ball
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Deadtooth at Nov 23, 2016 8:55:48 AM
    You're doing good work, keep it up. Or else.

Or else what?

Exactly.

=)
    Dreadtooth of the Emerald Ocean.

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"

Posted by budclare2 at Nov 23, 2016 12:46:15 PM

You're doing good work, keep it up. Or else.

Or else what?

Exactly.

=)

:)

EDIT: And now I'm getting paranoid that maybe the one in the portrait was not the color he thought it was, i.e. it's a new shade of pink, in which case the magenta was right in the first place. I need to track him down and double-check. And hope he hasn't sold it already...
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Dec 19, 2016 12:13:33 AM
    ice dragon: need inventory image

pandas! (inventory images):
    fur colors: black, brown
    bandanas: maroon, red

Also, we'll need a (bandana) panda from a portrait with more than two people at some point.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Keaze at Jan 21, 2017 10:35:39 AM

Anci won these <3
    Keaze
    That Bombing Guide

Posted by budclare2 at Jan 21, 2017 1:46:34 PM
    Nice! Thanks. :)

Huh, now I've seen three blue yeti, all with light blue skin. If they're calling them "true blue" and none of them are blue/blue, I'm going to be a tad disappointed. ;)

Still need:
    -ice monkey (inventory image)
    -ice serpent (inventory image)

Also, if any yeti or penguins turn up in colors other than the ones Keaze posted, let me know. (i.e. blue fur and blue-blue skin, or a penguin with a non-yellow beak or a hat that isn't maroon or black.)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Keaze at Jan 23, 2017 1:36:31 PM

On Anci's page
    Keaze
    That Bombing Guide

Posted by budclare2 at Jan 23, 2017 4:09:58 PM
    Thank you, Keazey-face! <3

That sounded weirder than I expected. I probably won't call you that again.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Runkeerin at Apr 7, 2017 10:30:10 AM

I won this lovely regular gold fox from the new boxes. :)

Though I am confused, because they've rereleased the red ones again but say nothing about this gold one? Are they classed under 'gold pets' then? Because I've certainly never seen a regular gold one until now...

(I wanna keep him FOREVER)
    Gone

Posted by lilymoon at Apr 7, 2017 11:46:43 AM
    In case these are needed; just got via golden box today:

Toucan: Gold/Purple

Golden fox:

Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
    Avvie by Tilinka!
    Apollo wrote: 
    (Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

Posted by RonenOsden at Apr 7, 2017 12:38:27 PM
    Got this on 2nd box, thankfully can keep my cat collection (almost) complete...

Im pretty sure the collar is spring green, doesnt look quite yellow/lemon ...

p.s. why is it called golden jaguar, when it has leopard spot pattern?

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 7, 2017 2:13:00 PM
    Okay, the gold fox must be included under gold pets; they haven't updated the list as thoroughly as they usually do. I'm guessing they wanted to doublecheck some things first, and will hopefully clarify things in the next few days.

In addition to the ones posted above, someone got me the tan/tan spider, so all I still need (unless there are more stealth gold pets) is:

-Patchy Fox (inventory only): blue/orange, blue/silver

-Red Fox (inventory and scene) D:

Thanks for the help, everyone! :)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Runkeerin at Apr 7, 2017 3:09:25 PM

Hope the scene pic is okay. :)
    Gone

Posted by RonenOsden at Apr 7, 2017 3:31:13 PM

Hope the scene pic is okay. :)

:o Light green vase, gimmie.

also, most fox looking fox yet.

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 7, 2017 4:19:31 PM
    Is that the new one, Keerin? It looks like the persimmon.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Runkeerin at Apr 8, 2017 7:53:01 AM
    My friend said he got him from the new gold box, so looks like red might be the same as persimmon... or they're just eerily close in colour. I wouldn't know exactly. :(
    Gone

Posted by RonenOsden at Apr 8, 2017 3:27:43 PM

Im quite sure its spring green collar now.

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 8, 2017 4:14:16 PM

Im quite sure its spring green collar now.

Nope, it's yellow.

EDIT:

My friend said he got him from the new gold box, so looks like red might be the same as persimmon... or they're just eerily close in colour. I wouldn't know exactly. :(

Holy orange highlights, Batman. O_o

EDIT AGAIN:
    I thought the nearly red persimmon was bad. Orangey red is much weirder. :(
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by roflololmao at Apr 9, 2017 4:46:12 AM
    Got this from a box.

Roflolmao of the Emerald(Mainly)/Obisidian Ocean

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 9, 2017 12:11:05 PM

Got this from a box.

...that's not gold. :(

/e pokes an OM :(

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the screenshot. (The rogue persimmon ate my brain. Why is persimmon always causing trouble? Persimmon: the pirate of colors.)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 10, 2017 7:26:50 PM

Got this from a box.

...that's not gold. :(

/e pokes an OM :(

Clotho says it's orange. Eep.

They updated the gold box doc. No gold scarf. :(
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Runkeerin at Jun 2, 2017 10:36:19 AM
    New fox from the gold boxes. Completely white and pretty. :D

Hope the screenie's okay 'cos he wouldn't sit still!
    Gone

Posted by Crazymg at Jun 2, 2017 3:03:52 PM

New fox from the gold boxes. Completely white and pretty. :D

Hope the screenie's okay 'cos he wouldn't sit still!

Waaaaaaant no neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!
    ~Princessmg~

Posted by RonenOsden at Jun 2, 2017 9:41:33 PM

Posted by lilymoon at Jun 3, 2017 8:35:06 PM
    Strawberry Yeti:

Portrait link
    Avvie by Tilinka!
    Apollo wrote: 

Posted by budclare2 at Jun 23, 2017 12:40:25 PM
    Much-belated thank you. Sorry, things have been crazy lately.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by jlh0605 at Jun 25, 2017 11:19:57 PM
    New pelican color? If not, I have no clue what it is. Seems to me to be bluegrey/redbrown?

Edit: Lucky wife is lucky. First greedy run ever for her, she gets one of the 2 LL's, wins this.....
    ~Jamesh on Emerald

Posted by budclare2 at Jun 26, 2017 12:47:05 AM
    Red/light grey, I think, but it's late and I'm going cross-eyed. Just don't tell anyone, because I still have work to do and the deadline is a few hours away. I still need my eyes. D:
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Runkeerin at Jul 15, 2017 7:26:35 AM
    I wons another lovable blob. :D

Gone

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 16, 2017 3:18:18 AM
    So cute! Thanks. :)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Halfbrain5 at Jul 16, 2017 2:58:28 PM

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 17, 2017 7:48:53 AM
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Halfbrain5 at Jul 17, 2017 10:55:47 AM
    nope, I am not a bit compulsive

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 19, 2017 6:57:21 AM
    Two out of three. Nice. Thanks! :D

Now I just need an inventory image of the banana saddle...and could I use a pony-only scene image, if it's not too much trouble. Sorry. If I let people be in the scene images, it just encourages drama. It's happened before. It wasn't pretty. :(
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Halfbrain5 at Jul 19, 2017 9:01:54 AM

Two out of three. Nice. Thanks! :D

Now I just need an inventory image of the banana saddle...and could I use a pony-only scene image, if it's not too much trouble. Sorry. If I let people be in the scene images, it just encourages drama. It's happened before. It wasn't pretty. :(

it took me 2 minutes just to get one with it's head up and not behind me so this time I tried double teaming them. they must not want to be famous, the ungrateful beasts.

and lunch is ready so you get them uncropped

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 21, 2017 5:59:55 PM
    Hey, those have different color manes. So much for being almost done with the ponies. :(

Unfortunately I think you hit photobucket's limit on image size. The evil thing shrinks images without telling you, so your ponies are too small. :(

I did manage to get a scene image of a pony in a cramped stall that will work, even if it's a little more cluttered than I'd like. If you'd rather show off your free-range pony, I was planning to use that last gold-saddle one that looks like it's galloping. It's entirely up to you. Either way, thanks for trying. <3

New list:
    -plum pony inventory images: er...anything that isn't plum/black/white or plum/plum/gold. There's a light mane color (either white or silver, which are pretty similar so I can't be sure until I see it myself), and the mane and tack seem to be available in all combinations. After I find a couple more, I'll make up a list of what I'm missing I have all the white and gold tack. The doc says there's banana, but I haven't seen it. So, if you see banana, let me know, otherwise we're good. :)
    -plum monkey
    -plum/purple spider
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Tiigrikutsu at Jul 28, 2017 8:52:21 AM

Definitely white
    Fastgirl Purrinator on Emerald
    Purr on Obsidian

Posted by budclare2 at Jul 30, 2017 11:47:05 AM
    Thanks! <3

I'm not sure banana saddles are an actual thing. I've only seen gold and white so far, and banana is an odd choice anyway.

If there's no banana, we're only missing plum/black/gold. I'll try to get the grid started today.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Tiigrikutsu at Aug 1, 2017 8:31:40 AM

There you go
    Purr on Obsidian

Posted by budclare2 at Aug 2, 2017 5:29:37 PM
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Aug 3, 2017 7:59:46 PM
    Can anyone confirm that the black-striped chameleons exist? (They'd be from the last gold boxes.)

/e is catching up
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by patgangster at Aug 4, 2017 3:15:17 AM
    The YPPedia page for the history of gold box contents does not at any point mention a black-striped chameleon.
    TriplePat, Emerald.

Posted by Keaze at Aug 4, 2017 5:18:38 AM
    https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Official:Gold_Box

http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/spyglass/entry/golden_summer

Says black and white
    Keaze
    That Bombing Guide

Posted by Runkeerin at Aug 4, 2017 6:27:13 AM
    Both of the chameleons I opened on Cerulean are black bodied with a white stripe in the inventory image, if that helps. I think that's what they meant, and I have yet to see a black-striped chameleon.
    Gone

Posted by Jcmorgan6 at Aug 4, 2017 10:12:29 AM

Atlantean Raven
    Jjc on Emerald
    CI booty division stats

Posted by Tiigrikutsu at Aug 4, 2017 11:42:43 AM
    Atlantean (?) Big Cat

Purr on Obsidian

Posted by budclare2 at Aug 4, 2017 3:06:53 PM
    Thanks for the kitty and the raven. :)

Both of the chameleons I opened on Cerulean are black bodied with a white stripe in the inventory image, if that helps. I think that's what they meant, and I have yet to see a black-striped chameleon.

What, they have a permanently black body? O_O
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Runkeerin at Aug 4, 2017 3:09:33 PM

Noooo. The body's just black in the inventory image. :p They change colours as they should do but the inventory image always remains showing as black.
    Gone

Posted by budclare2 at Aug 4, 2017 5:42:17 PM

Noooo. The body's just black in the inventory image. :p They change colours as they should do but the inventory image always remains showing as black.

That's...I...what?!

/e pulls her hair out D:
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Jcmorgan6 at Aug 6, 2017 10:27:25 AM
    Water Rat and Sea Fox

Jjc on Emerald
    CI booty division stats

Posted by budclare2 at Aug 6, 2017 11:25:27 AM
    Thanks! <3

And you got the fox all curled up. That's fantastic. :D
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Aug 7, 2017 12:30:41 PM
    Okay, I think all we're missing is the big sea cat's other collar colors. But to make this more "fun", the official doc is wrong. The only color I've seen so far is black, which isn't on the list.

The official doc says: navy, brown, white.

So, anything other than black, let me know, please. :)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Katebarloww at Aug 17, 2017 1:50:55 PM
    Found a pelican color combo not on the yppedia.

Not / Maliya. Mostly Emerald.

Posted by budclare2 at Aug 18, 2017 12:12:22 AM
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by roflololmao at Oct 6, 2017 3:07:25 PM
    Pumpkin Pooch

Roflolmao of the Emerald(Mainly)/Obisidian Ocean

Posted by budclare2 at Oct 6, 2017 3:56:36 PM
    That puppy is awesomely weird. Thanks! :)

The rest of the list:
    -Autumn Raven
    -Spooky Spider
    -Jack o' Tiger
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by budclare2 at Oct 7, 2017 8:21:45 PM
    Aw, crap. There's more than one collar color for the tiger. :(

And the choco big cat, too. I was too swamped to even think about it. Aaaargh.

Any help spotting collar colors would be appreciated.

I only saw white on the crimson and shadow big cats. Are there more of those, too? (Four big cats in a month. Are they trying to kill me? And don't get me started on the LE sloop paint change... )
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Dexla at Oct 9, 2017 10:10:39 AM

Okay, I think all we're missing is the big sea cat's other collar colors. But to make this more "fun", the official doc is wrong. The only color I've seen so far is black, which isn't on the list.

Just bought one recently and then noticed this post - Im pretty sure this is brown

Dexla d'Midnight

Posted by budclare2 at Oct 14, 2017 7:50:16 PM

Just bought one recently and then noticed this post - Im pretty sure this is brown

Thanks! <3
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by patgangster at Nov 15, 2017 7:49:34 AM
    Noticed the new wine gold snake wasn't on the yppedia yet.

Grabbed from a trade window, hope that's ok.
    TriplePat, Emerald.

Posted by Odyn9 at Nov 15, 2017 3:53:53 PM
    Inventory

Ground
    Zaye - Emerald
    Odyn - Obsidian

-Seven Deadliest Sins-

Posted by budclare2 at Nov 18, 2017 7:51:08 PM

I'll need inventory images for the black patchy fox. I saw a portrait with what was probably a gold scarf, but I've lost track of who had it. Not sure if there are other scarf colors.

Also, if you spot a skeletal parrot in ice, red, or olive, let me know. :)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Dexla at Nov 20, 2017 7:20:52 AM

I'll need inventory images for the black patchy fox. I saw a portrait with what was probably a gold scarf, but I've lost track of who had it. Not sure if there are other scarf colors.

Also, if you spot a skeletal parrot in ice, red, or olive, let me know. :)

I need another cup of coffee....

I thought you wrote "skeptical parrot"
    Dexla d'Midnight

Posted by budclare2 at Nov 23, 2017 7:59:53 PM

I need another cup of coffee....

I thought you wrote "skeptical parrot"

Given the way my typing sometimes goes, it could happen.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Crazymg at Nov 26, 2017 2:34:20 AM
    Thanks Dex, someone wrote skeptical and I read "Skeletal".
    ~Princessmg~

Posted by Zeronth at Nov 28, 2017 9:26:56 PM
    Oh hey I remember this trade with you xD

Posted by Harshex at Mar 8, 2018 8:16:13 PM
    Noted we were missing the Persimmon/Rose Lobster in Yppedia

ExuberanceSalacious of Meridian & Obsidian
    Severe of Emerald

Derp.

Posted by lilymoon at Mar 9, 2018 1:03:58 PM
    New Vernal Parrot:

Didn't see the Be Mine Canine so I'll include it here as well :)

Avvie by Tilinka!
    Apollo wrote: 

Posted by Harshex at Mar 9, 2018 4:07:02 PM
    Here's some of the emerald big cats and a brown sea otter

Severe of Emerald

Derp.

Posted by budclare2 at Mar 12, 2018 12:20:32 AM
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Harshex at Mar 13, 2018 5:15:51 PM
    Spring Green monkey

Severe of Emerald

Derp.

Posted by Maskforum at Apr 6, 2018 3:59:21 PM
    Blue Grey Dragon

Mask - Hunter Ocean
    Island degisner

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 7, 2018 4:09:50 PM
    Oh hell, a new color.

Thanks. :)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Harshex at Apr 8, 2018 4:19:36 PM

Blue grey octo

Pet Rock

Severe of Emerald

Derp.

Posted by Jcmorgan6 at Apr 8, 2018 5:02:08 PM

Blue grey octoo

(You linked the album rather than the image ;) )
    Jjc on Emerald
    CI booty division stats

Posted by Harshex at Apr 9, 2018 2:27:03 PM

Blue grey octoo

(You linked the album rather than the image ;) )

Haha, thanks! I noted i put in the wrong one then my laptop immediately died. I was far to lazy to go find the charger xD
    Severe of Emerald

Derp.

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 10, 2018 4:01:32 PM
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Goodwill100 at Apr 12, 2018 7:22:04 AM

I think this is a blue-grey cat.
    Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.
    Current Shiny Sun Point collection: 2/30

Is desperately looking for autumn pie furniture on Obsidian.

Posted by qlauncher at Apr 12, 2018 10:13:25 AM
    Familiar Colors Extraction
    I don't know if this has ever been pointed out, but.

As far as extracting transparent .pngs of familiars, all you have to do is:

- Find a pirate who's page includes a named familiar of the type/colors that you are looking for. (access through browser rather than game)

- Hit Ctrl+U to inspect/view source code. (In Google Chrome, no idea if its the same for other browsers)

- Hit Ctrl+F to pull up a "find" menu, and type the name of the familiar you are looking for.

- Click on the link that begins with "article.wm?component=..." and Voila! A perfectly sized and transparent .png familiar ready for extraction. Just right click the image and then select "Save Image As."

For example:

http://obsidian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=jazz

Go there and hit Ctrl+U.

Then, in the newly opened tab, type Ctrl+F and in the search box type "Apollo", then click the "article.wm?component=..." above the name.

Hope I'm not stating the obvious!!!
    Jazzx on Emerald Ocean / Jazz on Obsidian Ocean.

Avatar by the wonderfully gifted Cattrin

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 21, 2018 8:49:11 PM
    Re: Familiar Colors Extraction
    Jon: blue grey cats have always been a thing (and a few other pets, too). I think that's where they stole the idea from. ;)

Jazz: Or you could just right-click the image and select "save image as..."
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by qlauncher at Apr 24, 2018 3:25:05 PM

Jon: blue grey cats have always been a thing (and a few other pets, too). I think that's where they stole the idea from. ;)

Jazz: Or you could just right-click the image and select "save image as..."

And the dummy of the year award goes to.........
    Jazzx on Emerald Ocean / Jazz on Obsidian Ocean.

Avatar by the wonderfully gifted Cattrin

Posted by budclare2 at Apr 24, 2018 7:42:14 PM

And the dummy of the year award goes to.........

Everyone has to be dumb sometimes. It was probably just your turn. <3
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by lilymoon at Apr 27, 2018 12:26:54 PM
    Unicorn blue-gray

Avvie by Tilinka!
    Apollo wrote: 

Posted by Ticktick123 at May 11, 2018 11:27:57 AM
    New Parrot

Ozzy, Retired.

Posted by budclare2 at May 13, 2018 1:31:28 AM

All we still need are the scene images for the turtle and the seal.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by mari_ at May 13, 2018 3:43:14 AM

Banana Sea Turtle
    Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
    Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)

Posted by lady_maeror at May 13, 2018 4:47:11 AM
    I've got the seal, will edit this post with images when I get home!

EDIT:

Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
    Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean

Posted by budclare2 at May 15, 2018 7:39:31 PM
    Thanks <3
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Taskbeta at Sep 8, 2018 8:14:26 AM
    Peach/Persimmon Pelican I think?
    Or Persimmon/Peach, whatever the order is.

Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Jellyx

Posted by budclare2 at Sep 9, 2018 3:41:16 AM

Peach/Persimmon Pelican I think?
    Or Persimmon/Peach, whatever the order is.

Your guess is as good as mine. :(

Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Clenito at Sep 16, 2018 2:18:41 PM
    Hi,

I think this is Grey/Brown, hope that's useful!

Barbecul, on Emerald.

on Youtube

My trinkets

Posted by Keaze at Sep 17, 2018 3:14:46 PM

\o/ Chocopanda

Edit: it's not edible :/
    Keaze
    That Bombing Guide

Posted by budclare2 at Oct 9, 2018 7:29:03 PM
    Belated thanks, both of you. <3
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Wobblysquab at Oct 21, 2018 6:24:25 AM
    Here's the new shadow monkey :)

PS not sure where to put the trinket, but I have the signet ring as well

Squabbles/Lacklustre/Wobblysquab on Emerald

Posted by budclare2 at Oct 31, 2018 2:30:02 AM
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Taskbeta at Nov 8, 2018 1:10:37 PM

green/green Lobster

maroon/rose lobster

Posted by budclare2 at Nov 18, 2018 7:51:12 PM
    Thanks!
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by Taskbeta at Nov 20, 2018 5:36:09 AM

Thanks!

I am trying currently to find all the lobsters that we don't have images from.
    There's only like.. 6 or 7 left..

Posted by budclare2 at Nov 22, 2018 1:01:36 AM

Thanks!

I am trying currently to find all the lobsters that we don't have images from.
    There's only like.. 6 or 7 left..

black/black
    black/white
    aqua/navy
    green/yellow
    mint/aqua
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by lcawte at Dec 7, 2018 10:30:54 AM
    Just got my first parrot from my fourth gold box. Game tells me this is Parrot (emerald, cranberry) which would make it the Merry Macaw advertised from these gold boxes.

Lcawte All Oceans
    Senior Officer, Privateers of Emerald Ocean. Former Governor of Barbary Island.
    Sage: Lcawte - Captain Of Scottish Seadogs , King Of [url=tinyurl.com/lb

Posted by patgangster at Dec 7, 2018 12:18:31 PM
    Here's the penguin.

White Penguin with a blue belly according to the gold box rewards page.

TriplePat, Emerald.

Posted by Wobblysquab at Dec 8, 2018 11:13:07 AM
    And here's the panda, white with blue bandana :)

Squabbles/Lacklustre/Wobblysquab on Emerald

Posted by lilymoon at Dec 10, 2018 12:39:13 PM
    I got a cranberry octo! :D

Avvie by Tilinka!
    Apollo wrote: 

Posted by budclare2 at Dec 14, 2018 6:35:53 PM
    Thanks, everyone :)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

Posted by captainmra at Dec 16, 2018 8:17:27 AM
    the new Big Cat from Booch boxes.

Colours seems closest to magenta/light blue, tested aqua as well - but still have yet to test with Ice blue..Has a Lime collar.

(Lightblue and Magenta clothing for comparison)
    Mra of the Meridian & Obsidian ocean.

Posted by Linakid at Dec 18, 2018 10:04:12 AM
    I Got Vulpine Violet Fox.
    how much does it cost?

Posted by Notsizzly at Dec 18, 2018 11:34:36 AM

I Got Vulpine Violet Fox.
    how much does it cost?

This question belongs to the bazaar.
    ~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

Posted by lilymoon at Feb 3, 2019 9:57:14 AM
    The new Hot Pink Yeti (based off of my clothing colors its magenta and rose ) :)

Avvie by Tilinka!
    Apollo wrote: 

Posted by Odyn9 at Aug 12, 2019 3:05:11 PM
    I noticed the chocolate Toucan is mentioned in the yppedia but isn't shown.

Zaye - Emerald
    Odyn - Obsidian

-Seven Deadliest Sins-

Posted by patgangster at Feb 7, 2020 1:29:53 PM
    All familiars should be up to date now, except for any missing booch box ones.

Pets, on the other hand, assuming I didn't forget any, need these (Both in-game placed shot and inventory image):

Cat: Ice Blue/?, Periwinkle/White, Banana/White, Chocolate/White

Big cat: Ice Blue/? Periwinkle, Chocolate/?, Crimson/DarkCrimson, Wine/Darkwine, Hot Pink/?, Blue Grey

Small dog: Hot Pink/?, Periwinkle

Dog: Ice Blue/?, Chocolate/White

Elephant: Plum/lavender/purple, Light Blue?/Navy/Blue

Fox: Banana, Chocolate, Crimson

Patchy Fox: Ice Blue/Silver

Panda: Wine, Spring Green

Pig: Plum, Purple Spring Green

Pony: Banana/White/White

Rabbit: Hot Pink

Unicorn: Periwinkle, Plum

Sea Otter: Emerald

Wolverine: Ice Blue, Emerald, Cranberry

Yeti: Cranberry with Light Green hat, Spring Green, Emerald
    TriplePat, Emerald.

Posted by Taskbeta at Feb 8, 2020 3:16:38 AM
    Hey Pat. I have a crimson fox I'll make a picture, my friend has the banana pony, so I'll get a picture of that too..

Posted by Vermiljoen at Feb 8, 2020 4:29:15 AM
    I have a couple for you:

a banana cat

a periwinkle cat

and a crimson fox

Jaxxa - Emerald
    Vermiljoen - Obsidian

Posted by Vermiljoen at Feb 8, 2020 5:02:27 AM
    How do you get the pets in an image without your pirate?
    Jaxxa - Emerald
    Vermiljoen - Obsidian

Posted by patgangster at Feb 8, 2020 5:38:49 AM
    You can place them in the scene to "roam" and walk away. Also, thanks!
    TriplePat, Emerald.

Posted by Crazymg at Apr 5, 2020 7:52:26 AM
    It's been a little while since I've dealt with uploading images, poke me if it doesn't work for you, but hopefully here are some spring green piggy images!

~Princessmg~

Posts: 294   Pages: 10   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates