mvnForum Homepage

Print at Apr 19, 2019 3:28:45 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Jeted at Nov 13, 2013 7:44:44 AM
Santaa's Pass Along
Hey guys Jeted, aka Santaa here.

I have started this thread as an experiment to see how into the holiday spirit our fellow pirates are.

*How this works*
Santaa will put up a job listing in the pillage voyage section of the notice board with the description "Santaa's 2013 Gift Pass Along"

the pirate will then trade Santaa anything they like, this can be anything from a minimum of a trinket or 1k up to anything they like (please don't try anything very high in value unless you are feeling generous to the next pirate)
Santaa will then give the pirate the previous jobbed pirates gift (for the first jobber Santaa will just give you either 20k or a prize valued there or over).

Now this will probably only be a 1 time thing unless it proves to be popular, I know this may be a flawed idea, but I really want to try it before i stop playing the game after this year.

*RULES*

* Any green named pirates will be immediately planked, not to be mean but this is just to stop people who might give only trinkets and keep getting back on to get better prizes.

* No repeat jobbings, you cannot come onto the ship twice in in session, although if i decide to do this again you may do so again.

* Be prepared to get planked, once you have taken part in this event I will take note of the pirates name and plank them so I don't get confused with other pirates on the ship.

SUBJECT TO CHANGE, SUGGESTIONS TO ADDED RULES MAY BE IMPLEMENTED

ADDITIONALLY - There will be no actual voyage taking place, so don't show up expecting to increase "ur UBER gun skillz."
----------------------------------------
Jeted on Sage (Emerald) Ocean

Santaa on the Emerald Ocean, instigator of the 2011 and 2012 Xmas Giveaways.

------------------------------
I didn't start the Xmas in July ones, but im pretty sure Pegasiswolf dedicated them in remembrance of me

Posted by herieman at Nov 13, 2013 10:20:33 AM
Re: Santaa's Pass Along
This actually sounds like a great idea ^^
I am sure i am gonna join :D
Herieman on Meridian and on Emerald

[14:17:38] Crazysanta says, "Buying CAMO Chameleon!! Send me a tell <3"
[14:17:52] Gloninduil says, "camo camo camo camo camo chameleon <3"

Posted by Massiah at Nov 14, 2013 3:43:13 AM
Given how greedy the gaming community is i can see a lot of pirates giving and receiving one of the following;

1) Sticks
2) Fishs
3) Worthless trinkets
4) A few hundred PoE
5) Wooden crates / straw bed
6) Crappy clothes
7) Maps to unpopular / remote islands

I see from yer other thread that yer thinking about quitting the game and giving away yer familiar... may i suggest that you just keep yer stuff - you may want to come back! And if it is to be final - just Trash the Familiar - your altruistic act will be lost to the selfish greed of the community anyway.

There are some decent pirates, Bisca - as mentioned before in previous thread is one...

I would suggest that a thread is set up for documenting...
i) Pirates that have displayed true Act of Random Kindness
ii) The Act of Kindness Performed
iii) A thank you from the pirate that received kindness

At the end the community could club together and maybe reward these players for being nice maybe even get them a nice familiar for being good - maybe even dolls from the OM's could be good.

Unfortunately we'd just end up with the corrupt pirates posting fake RAOK to win something - it's pathetic!

**Gillygilly puts on his "Bah-Humbug" Hat on**

Still i salute you on yer efforts, one lone good heart in a sea of darkness - it cannot be easy!
Gillygilly... defining the meaning of being a Huntard.

Posted by xelto at Nov 14, 2013 4:25:43 AM

Given how greedy the gaming community is i can see a lot of pirates giving and receiving one of the following;

1) Sticks
2) Fishs
3) Worthless trinkets
4) A few hundred PoE
5) Wooden crates / straw bed
6) Crappy clothes
7) Maps to unpopular / remote islands

Hey! For all those people who are nostalgic for the "golden days" of skellie hunting, get the same feel of them here! Nothing quite like wagering a sand dollar, and winning an old persimmon/lime veil!
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"

Posted by Massiah at Nov 14, 2013 4:59:20 AM
ha ha ha :D
I wagered my Big Cat pet on a rumble fray once, the rumbles were much easier than swordfights to win. When we won i everyone got their junk back and i pretended there was a glitch and my Sand Dollar had turned into a Big Cat! :D

Posted by Jeted at Nov 14, 2013 10:56:30 PM

There are some decent pirates, Bisca - as mentioned before in previous thread is one...

At the end the community could club together and maybe reward these players for being nice maybe even get them a nice familiar for being good - maybe even dolls from the OM's could be good.

I have to say this may be a good idea as well, I might convert this threat into that, maybe a RAOK every fortnight where a kind pirate gets rewarded for their efforts.
Jeted on Sage (Emerald) Ocean

Santaa on the Emerald Ocean, instigator of the 2011 and 2012 Xmas Giveaways.

------------------------------
I didn't start the Xmas in July ones, but im pretty sure Pegasiswolf dedicated them in remembrance of me

Posted by herieman at Nov 15, 2013 4:28:15 AM

I have to say this may be a good idea as well, I might convert this threat into that, maybe a RAOK every fortnight where a kind pirate gets rewarded for their efforts.

I do like the idea of kind pirates being rewarded, since most of the time people just say, thank you and then you'll never speak to them again.

How ever, on the other hand, people should be kind because they want to be kind, not because they would be rewarded.

I myself always refuse if someone wants to reward me for something kind or so i did for them.
One should not be rewarded, but remembered.

A pirate who takes a reward for being kind, is not a real kind pirate, he would do it with the reward in mind.

So my reaction in short, the idea is good, but it would create more greed then kindness.
Sorry.

Posted by Massiah at Nov 15, 2013 6:07:54 AM

How ever, on the other hand, people should be kind because they want to be kind, not because they would be rewarded.

Its not like you'd perform a Random Act of Kindness and automatically get rewarded.

To get a reward you'd have to;
1st Perform an act of kindness
2nd have the person nominate you
3rd the community has to vote for the act to win

So yeah you could perform Random Acts of Kindness with the sole purpose of hopefully being rewarded (kind of against the whole spirit of it), but then there's no guarantee you'll win - ever! And if everyone thought the same the community would undoubtedly be happier and friendlier.

Last night playing Spades my random partner was reading my play style excellently and we dominated the play a few times setting the opponents. At the end of the game we won and one of the opponents blasted his partner for never making the bidded tricks (hard to do when we're dominating the play). I contacted him later and told him he played well and that sometimes its just the way the cards are dealt. I also refunded the 1000 PoE wager to him. He was so pleased, 1k is nothing for me - i just like to play Spades, win or lose. Hopefully i cheered him up from the verbal abuse he received from his partner.

So why did i do that? Is it because im nice - no. It's because i hate arseholes online that ruin other peoples experience. I was pillaging once hopping from station to station, just after a LP he ordered me from sail to carp, and on the Duty Report i get a Poor in Sail and Good in Carp... The OIC then accuses me of lazing on station because i got a poor in sail - i explain that i abandoned station just after LP because he ordered me to carp, but he said "im not stupid, i know you just pressed escape on puzzle and idled" - He then planked me and i found out later he -1'ed me.

I personally believe OM's should give me a ban stick to clear up the oceans from utter dickheads - it's riddled with them!!

Posted by herieman at Nov 19, 2013 1:56:49 AM

Its not like you'd perform a Random Act of Kindness and automatically get rewarded.

To get a reward you'd have to;
1st Perform an act of kindness
2nd have the person nominate you
3rd the community has to vote for the act to win

So yeah you could perform Random Acts of Kindness with the sole purpose of hopefully being rewarded (kind of against the whole spirit of it), but then there's no guarantee you'll win - ever! And if everyone thought the same the community would undoubtedly be happier and friendlier.

Last night playing Spades my random partner was reading my play style excellently and we dominated the play a few times setting the opponents. At the end of the game we won and one of the opponents blasted his partner for never making the bidded tricks (hard to do when we're dominating the play). I contacted him later and told him he played well and that sometimes its just the way the cards are dealt. I also refunded the 1000 PoE wager to him. He was so pleased, 1k is nothing for me - i just like to play Spades, win or lose. Hopefully i cheered him up from the verbal abuse he received from his partner.

So why did i do that? Is it because im nice - no. It's because i hate arseholes online that ruin other peoples experience. I was pillaging once hopping from station to station, just after a LP he ordered me from sail to carp, and on the Duty Report i get a Poor in Sail and Good in Carp... The OIC then accuses me of lazing on station because i got a poor in sail - i explain that i abandoned station just after LP because he ordered me to carp, but he said "im not stupid, i know you just pressed escape on puzzle and idled" - He then planked me and i found out later he -1'ed me.

I personally believe OM's should give me a ban stick to clear up the oceans from utter dickheads - it's riddled with them!!

I really love the way you combine a serious reaction with a funny way of bringing your message.

How ever, that also would bring people to do.

1st read this post
2nd look for someone who needs help
3rd tell them to nominate and vote
4rd people could even ask.. or pay.. people to vote for them or nominate them.

I really hope the community will not do this.. then i might have lend your stick.

It is a great idea, but while those

utter dickheads
are still around they'll try to find a way to get the items and/or money in a none fair way.

Posted by Xpealian at Nov 26, 2013 6:21:08 AM
Lets play a game who can give away more than the other person?

^^ I think its a fun game we should play it Jeted.
I am Paye, Caswallawn, Herpe, Timmyling, Celt. On Emerald.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates