mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 14, 2019 9:29:36 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Ilyarus2004 at Jun 29, 2013 7:21:32 PM
Items for Skellies
I remember when skellies used to take items. It was so interesting because you got some neat stuff after. I remember Cronus dropping off some sleeping animals with skellies as well and everyone being so excited to possibly win one. Why was this taken out of the game?
----------------------------------------
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!

Posted by ellopoppet at Jun 29, 2013 8:25:15 PM
Re: Items for Skellies
Wasn't it take out of the game before houses? I don't recall. When we had no place to store things it was horrible, then after everyone just made sure they only had junk on themselves which made it crap wins. Lets be honest, how often do OM's add to the pot?
~Athens~ Hunter

Want to know who makes my avatars?

Posted by Culiford at Jun 29, 2013 8:50:05 PM
It was taken out because everyone would get bid tickets for 1 Poe for 1 unit of wood to bid against the skellies. It became completely pointless and a waste of time to go grab them.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A

Posted by Belthazar451 at Jun 29, 2013 10:01:32 PM
Aye, it was there long after houses were - Houses were added in 2005, but item wagering was removed in 2009.

Wagering was removed because people managed to work out what the skellies tended to ask for first, and so would hang onto whisking potions with one swig remaining, or bandanas and plain shirts, et cetera, so that the skellies wouldn't take valuable things. If the skellies did wind up asking for something valuable, they'd just summon an alt and trade it away before joining.

Still, even the junk was occasionally nice to get. I was once part of a winning fray on the eighty-second attempt - didn't have to buy whisking potions for months. =P

Posted by Ilyarus2004 at Jun 30, 2013 2:36:08 AM
I really wish they would bring this back. It was honestly more fun, even if it was junk.
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!

Posted by xelto at Jun 30, 2013 5:46:25 AM

I really wish they would bring this back. It was honestly more fun, even if it was junk.

No, it was a royal pain having to keep moving stuff you cared about to an alt or to storage. I'm all for having some variety more than "chart for one person", but please not something that either requires me to have to hide stuff I want to keep, or something where I know I'm going to want to trash the stuff I win.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"

Posted by MSpartans at Jun 30, 2013 7:14:28 AM

^
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates