mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 23, 2019 5:28:42 AM
Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Belthazar451 at May 23, 2013 3:54:16 AM
Re: Lay siege en masse to our new server hardware!
According to that link, the value of the prize is $529 USD, so I'd like to think we'd get something a little more valuable than a mug. =P

For example, for that amount of money, we could get 720 doubloons and five years' subscription. That'd go down nicely.=)

Posted by Notsizzly at May 23, 2013 4:14:14 AM

According to that link, the value of the prize is $529 USD, so I'd like to think we'd get something a little more valuable than a mug. =P

For example, for that amount of money, we could get 720 doubloons and five years' subscription. That'd go down nicely.=)

I kind of wasn't exactly sort of meaning like just the mug almost maybe :P - but call me crazy.

Edit: Belt already does call me crazy though. Instead of that, call me sane?
Edit2cuzisopro: Even a mug is better than the nothing that the non-eligible for the iPad prize would get :)
----------------------------------------
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

Posted by Belthazar451 at May 23, 2013 5:13:56 AM
720 doubloons, four-and-a-half years' subscription, and a mug. =P

Mind you, strictly speaking, giving doubloons and/or subscription time as a prize doesn't really cost PP a cent. Or at least, it only costs them in potential future earnings...

Posted by Snowpixie at May 23, 2013 5:26:22 AM

Mind you, strictly speaking, giving doubloons and/or subscription time as a prize doesn't really cost PP a cent. Or at least, it only costs them in potential future earnings...

I'd log on for that. Mind you, I'd probably log on for a mug. If I remembered. And the timing didn't suck.

Why is it this event has to be all formal and lawyered up, compared to skill-based events awarding cards and mugs? Curious as to how that works.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D

Posted by Notsizzly at May 23, 2013 5:27:33 AM

You know, PP as a game and doubloons last only so long. 4.5 years subscription lasts...well, 4.5 years. But mug! That might last your entire life. You can even pass it on to your grand children! While admiring the Kraken! That is yet to be released...

Strictly speaking, you're right. Everyone else is right as well - it's great to have triple payout and increased chances for injuries but I do understand the feelings of being left out as well the limitations that Three Rings (Sega) has...and why it would be nice to get something in-game if you can't get the iPad. Heck, if it has to be real world item, then send the non-eligible winner a massive pack of those merchandise goodies (yes yes, it's not the same thing as an iPad but it's something) ^^.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

Posted by Belthazar451 at May 23, 2013 1:57:30 PM
Notsizzly wrote: 
That might last your entire life.

Or at least for the lifetime of the mug...

Strictly speaking, you're right.

I might be, but really I'm also just complaining that I'm not eligible for the grand prize, and there's no Plan B at all. Coupled with the fact that I have to log on before 8am on Saturday just to be online within the competition period, I'm strongly debating it's worth logging on just to help someone else be in the running for an iPad. Granted, it's going to help Sega Rings with their server test as well, but honestly? Is there any way that the entire current player base can top even the average crowd we had back in the Good Old Days?

Cynical much? =P

Ooo, ooo, $529 in iTunes credit to buy your own iPad. =D

Edit: No, wait. That wouldn't be an PP-brand iPad. No point to it, then.

Posted by Eurydice at May 23, 2013 3:47:02 PM
Sorry about the letdown for those folks outside of the U.S. and Canada. We wanted to open the iPad eligibility to everyone, but for legal reasons we couldn't. :( I hope you'll all still hop on and take advantage of the increased pillage payouts, etc.
Sigismundo tells you, "Ask not for whom the tiny violin shrills. It shrills for thee."

Posted by Notsizzly at May 23, 2013 3:59:06 PM

Sorry about the letdown for those folks outside of the U.S. and Canada. We wanted to open the iPad eligibility to everyone, but for legal reasons we couldn't. :( I hope you'll all still hop on and take advantage of the increased pillage payouts, etc.

I'm sure we all understand the situation and know that Three Rings/Sega wouldn't do that just out of being evil - and it's ok. There's been questions (well okay, requests) if you could instead give an in-game item of some sort to the winner, should the winner not be eligible for the iPad. Can you?
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

Posted by ikketje at May 24, 2013 3:24:09 AM

I would still like to know if I could enter the draw, being a European, and if I were to win, have the prize sent to a friend in the US.

How exactly will this work? Everyone enters the draw and questions about country of origin will be asked later?

I wouldn't want to be excluded based on my IP-address or something. I'm serious about willing to gift it.
Ikke on Meridian and Emerald
Veerle on Cerulean

~Avatar by Velternal

Posted by wrb03 at May 24, 2013 9:15:11 AM
Not to be the devil's advocate but I just wanted to add that anything you can do to help keep Puzzle Pirates alive is a good thing. If the ipad launches for YPP in a big way and the servers crash, thats bad for the entire community. If we come out and help fill the servers today and that helps prevent a big crash for the ipad launch you are really helping keep the game alive and maybe grow the population. I know it isn't much but really we should try to support the game despite the various issues we have with the admin team. I'm sure if the YPP support job is anything like real life they'd love to help out anyway they can but their hands are probably tied by management, legal reasons, or if just way too much work for the few amount of people they have.

I'm simply saying that everyone that enjoys this game should show their support to promote growing the population/game. Playing the game for 15 more years is the best reward we could all be given.
- Jublain (Cerulean)
- Captain of Knot Working

Posted by Gorath at May 24, 2013 11:43:13 AM
Well, last I seen was 937 pirates on Emerald before I had network outage.
Gorath

Posted by EmpressTamar at May 24, 2013 11:45:12 AM
My clients have frozen up as well. Trying to click on anything results in "internal error."

If 900 pirates causes the servers to freeze, I'm not sure how OOO planned on having up to ten thousand online at once. (For the highest tier on the iPad giveaway.)
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3

Posted by dadoui at May 24, 2013 11:47:30 AM
Well this sucks. Their server used to be able to accomodate 1000-1200 back in the day, if my memory is right. Hopefully they will fix it soon and we poor little pirates can enjoy the triple pillage payout!
Douinette

Castor broadcasts, "Looks like a Power Hamster fell out of its cage. It has been returned to its duties. Hamster Appreciation Tourney soon!"

Posted by rowilliams at May 24, 2013 11:49:19 AM

Well, last I seen was 937 pirates on Emerald before I had network outage.

Glad I'm not the only one who got kicked out...
Daxyy and Daxy on Emerald
If u wanna know where I'm from look it up...
Stalker of too many forums...
And now part of the action too...

Posted by Inschato at May 24, 2013 11:50:57 AM
I would bet it might be related to the new code they wrote for the contest, a bug perhaps? I'm pretty sure the server has gotten up to or at least very near ~930 during some busy blockade weekends so I don't really see why that alone would crash it. Other than the fact that there was at least one full GF in an HS, which is probably something that hasn't been tested much either..
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean

Posted by wrb03 at May 24, 2013 11:54:05 AM
to be honest probably having so many people attempting to log in at precisely 11:30-12:00ish is probably knocking it out. Im sure they will be bringing it back up soon with the kind of numbers they are looking for. This has got to be the kind of reason we are doing this test.
- Jublain (Cerulean)
- Captain of Knot Working

Posted by DebbieButler at May 24, 2013 11:56:51 AM

Well this sucks. Their server used to be able to accomodate 1000-1200 back in the day, if my memory is right. Hopefully they will fix it soon and we poor little pirates can enjoy the triple pillage payout!

This must be just a Blast From the Past. I get a triple on Sailing and Bam it won't reset and everything freezes. Ahhhh fresh breezes of the good old days... I was just waiting for the magic number...937. Here I come Power Ball.

Debbibebbi
Fleet Officer and all around mischief maker
Chat Boochers

Posted by MSpartans at May 24, 2013 12:12:18 PM
Is anyone on Emerald right now?
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram

Posted by Twittly at May 24, 2013 12:16:35 PM
Moved to Meri!
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars

Posted by Gorath at May 24, 2013 12:18:27 PM

Moved to Meri!

Castor broadcasts, "(All Hands on Deck! is being swapped to the Meridian ocean (this one) due to Emerald being naughty. (http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/spyglass/entry/all_hands_on_deck)"

Gorath

Posted by Inframan8 at May 24, 2013 12:22:25 PM

Only if you will be
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
Loathe says, "Infra is carp god."

Posted by dadoui at May 24, 2013 12:26:47 PM
I just read my signature after years of not using forum, it'll be quite appropriate if they manage to get Emerald back up.

Castor broadcasts, "Looks like a Power Hamster fell out of its cage. It has been returned to its duties. Hamster Appreciation Tourney soon!"

Douinette

Posted by MSpartans at May 24, 2013 2:56:12 PM

Only if you will be

Lol <3 I'd love to oblige but I'm at work. Maybe in an hour or so?
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram

Posted by Belthazar451 at May 25, 2013 1:06:36 AM
wrb03 wrote: 
Not to be the devil's advocate but I just wanted to add that anything you can do to help keep Puzzle Pirates alive is a good thing.

I think you're being the voice of reason. It's the rest of us playing devil's advocate. =P

Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates