mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 18, 2019 6:42:13 AM
Posts: 91   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Loren_S at Nov 25, 2011 9:55:48 AM
Re: QuarterMaster Ver 2.5 Development (BETA-1 Testing)
Just saw the thread an had to try the new version:

• The intro-screen is nice. but the menues are hard to read against the colored background.
  • It does not remember my LogLoc settings. Especialy not disableing of the yohoho-log-parsing (installed in a nonstandard directory)
    Editing LogLoc.txt manualy (invalid directory) is kept (and effectively disables yohoho.log parsing as its not found)
  • With disabled yohoho multiclients work satisfactory (as with the late 2.4 versions). Some missing functionality, but not getting confused.
  • loginscreen does not remember the last pirate used. Thats annoying with a long list to choose from.
  • the black background of the crewlist is strange. Revert to the old brown please.
  • could you remember the window locations and size from the last session. First thing I always do is move them around. (Maybe add a recover button on the login in case the windows got "lost")
  • the Crews-Tab can not be opend. The image file is missing.
    (Its named CrewTab. A simple rename fixes it)
  • using the keyboard sortcuts (/aa) send the message twice (mouseclick is ok)
    BTW: is there a shortcut for the 4-custom buttons? (maybe /11, /22...)
  • Damagecounter in Rows/Block mode still only tells blocks, very unintuitive. And plain wrong for rumble.
  • hearty assist does not show all hearties. The one I'm missing is not on my pirate page but can be found from the manage hearties link. Guess you need to add some option to manualy add (and keep) hearties
    (likely I'm a secret hearty on the other side)
  • hearty assist does not show the pirates stats, they are correct in the DB (edit)
  • load-stats in hearty assist resets the list to the top.
  • sometimes my clipboard-text ends up inthe yppedia box. Don't know when but its surprising if it trys to open the page.
  • Please add a volume control. somehow the chatbeeps seem much louder then before.
  • An option to configure the sounds (which for each event) would be nice too. (a mapping textfile might be enough)

That should be enough feedback for a first glance. Let's see what more I find with time.

Coat
----------------------------------------
CoatOSilver, Captain of Forget About It, Retired King of ©©©, Sage

Posted by Soar at Nov 25, 2011 5:08:08 PM
Ahoy!

Thanks for the feedback mate :)

Just saw the thread an had to try the new version:

• The intro-screen is nice. but the menues are hard to read against the colored background. (I might be able to do something with this. Will mess with the backgrounds if I have time.)
  • It does not remember my LogLoc settings. Especialy not disableing of the yohoho-log-parsing (installed in a nonstandard directory) Editing LogLoc.txt manualy (invalid directory) is kept (and effectively disables yohoho.log parsing as its not found) (This will be fixed by BETA 2)
  • With disabled yohoho multiclients work satisfactory (as with the late 2.4 versions). Some missing functionality, but not getting confused. (Aye, multi-client support is on the maybe list)
  • loginscreen does not remember the last pirate used. Thats annoying with a long list to choose from. (This will be fixed by BETA 2)
  • the black background of the crewlist is strange. Revert to the old brown please. (You're the second to tell me this, lol)
  • could you remember the window locations and size from the last session. First thing I always do is move them around. (Maybe add a recover button on the login in case the windows got "lost")(This will be in BETA 2)
  • the Crews-Tab can not be opend. The image file is missing. (Its named CrewTab. A simple rename fixes it)(This will be fixed by BETA 2)
  • using the keyboard sortcuts (/aa) send the message twice (mouseclick is ok) (On my To Do list.)
    BTW: is there a shortcut for the 4-custom buttons? (maybe /11, /22...)(I'm not sure, probably not.)
  • Damagecounter in Rows/Block mode still only tells blocks, very unintuitive. And plain wrong for rumble. (Also on the list.)
  • hearty assist does not show all hearties. The one I'm missing is not on my pirate page but can be found from the manage hearties link. Guess you need to add some option to manualy add (and keep) hearties(likely I'm a secret hearty on the other side)(I have this same problem. If the hearty is hidden because they have their list on hidden, then a manual fix and local saving of the list may be the only option.)
  • hearty assist does not show the pirates stats, they are correct in the DB (edit)(So the stats are in the database but they are not showing on you hearty assist?)
  • load-stats in hearty assist resets the list to the top.(This will be fixed by BETA 2)
  • sometimes my clipboard-text ends up inthe yppedia box. Don't know when but its surprising if it trys to open the page.(Hmmmmm. Very odd. Is this during multi-clienting?)
  • Please add a volume control. somehow the chatbeeps seem much louder then before.(Will look into this.)
  • An option to configure the sounds (which for each event) would be nice too. (a mapping textfile might be enough)(I'll put this one on the "Maybe" list. Lots of things to do and all :] )

That should be enough feedback for a first glance. Let's see what more I find with time.

Coat

Thanks mate!

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Loren_S at Nov 26, 2011 6:03:46 AM

• The intro-screen is nice. but the menues are hard to read against the colored background. (I might be able to do something with this. Will mess with the backgrounds if I have time.)
    Just having the dropdowns less transparent might help a great deal.
  • With disabled yohoho multiclients work satisfactory (as with the late 2.4 versions). Some missing functionality, but not getting confused. (Aye, multi-client support is on the maybe list)
    Just make sure yohoho.log-parsing stays disabled over sessions. Thats enough mulit-client-support for me.
  • hearty assist does not show the pirates stats, they are correct in the DB (edit)(So the stats are in the database but they are not showing on you hearty assist?)
    Today the stats show for the hearties loaded. Seems a QM restart is needed to show them
  • sometimes my clipboard-text ends up inthe yppedia box. Don't know when but its surprising if it trys to open the page.(Hmmmmm. Very odd. Is this during multi-clienting?)
    Yes during mulit-clienting. But I think it has more to do with the textfield having the default-focus and using multiple messagebuttons.
    It also happend in 2.4 that some button-messages got pasted twice if 3-4 messagebuttons were activated in a row.

And a new one:
  • Crew-refresh did not work if 2 OMs are online (or 1 long named one), i.e. the first /w-section was longer than normal. Could not test that one with this version but please fix it.

Edit again:
  • I got the:

'-' is not a valid integer value.

When I close the error window, I get a chat window, misplaced, with four lines of data which are, appropriately enough:

Line 1
    Line 2
    Line 3
    Line 4
    I got this after I did lock/unlock the chatscrolling in the last session. Parsing of the Settings.txt file is bootched. Changing line 4 (3 : Chat Window Dimensions & Position.) from "-" to "0" fixes that error, but it reappears if chatsettings are changed (and the file updated I guess)

And a few chatlines that need dealing with, mostly from spades:
* and * bid *.
* and * earn * overtrick point.
* and * earn * overtrick points.
* and * gain * points for making their bid.
* and * lose * points for not making their bid.
* and * gain 50 points for *'s successful nil bid.
* and * lose 50 points for *'s failed nil bid.
* and * must exchange two cards.
* and * gain * points for *'s successful blind nil bid.
>XXX faild blind nil message<
Game over. * and * won the game with * points.
Game over. * and * won the game due to *'s forfeit.
>XXX draw final message<
* has set the vessel's foraging bounties: *:*, *:*, Gems:*, Gold nuggets:*.
The property tax was paid.
CoatOSilver, Captain of Forget About It, Retired King of ©©©, Sage

Posted by seacoug at Dec 3, 2011 10:18:04 AM
I love the new knitting function. Is there a way we can add our own skein's so we have more to choose from?

-Coug

Posted by jlh0605 at Dec 8, 2011 8:28:56 PM
Re: QuarterMaster Ver 2.5 Development Discussion
A note on Merchant Galleon ram damage - you have it set too high. I don't know exactly what it is, but I can tell you this: in a WB/MG battle, the only damage the WB took was a MG ram (wind knocked him into us). We had exactly two blocks SF damage.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."

Posted by benwick at Jan 10, 2012 11:04:26 AM
Any chance you'll be updating QM with the new servers once the oceans have merged?
~Wentworth
SO of Schroedinger's Cat

Posted by Squishat at Jan 10, 2012 12:30:45 PM
First of all, thank you for updating it!

Second thing I noticed when I was just going through the Officer training for fun, it doesn't seem to recognize my Exalted/Legendary stat in Carp...

Keeps saying I haven't gotten Apprentice/Master yet. Did you add the 3 new experience levels?

Very minor issue :D
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===

Posted by LJAmethyst at Jan 11, 2012 7:25:27 PM
A recent set of edits to the QuarterMaster YPPedia article have redirected the download links to MediaFire. Is this legitimate? Is it safe? Virus scanned? Is it approved by the author?
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7

Posted by Jackarius23 at Feb 1, 2012 2:03:36 PM
kinda urgent fix: oceans have been merged so QM is pretty much impossible to use since you can't log in with Cerulean ocean etc.
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

Posted by Highstro at Feb 3, 2012 5:12:07 PM
Here is what I did to make it work.

ALL OCEANS
----------
Cerulean
Emerald
Jade
Meridian
Opal
----------

ALL LANGUAGES
----------
English
German
----------

NATIVE LANGUAGES
----------
Cerulean=English
Emerald=English
Jade=English
Meridian=English
Opal=English
----------

I'm still having a problem with my -West account pulling in the crew information.

Posted by Mr_Swagger at Feb 13, 2012 10:11:35 PM
Where 's QM for Mac??
Timberland All Oceans

Posted by Vorky at Feb 16, 2012 9:54:07 PM
That is
1) Make a backup of the Config.txt file in the Quarter Master folder
2) Edit and update the Config.txt to have the below.

Here is what I did to make it work.

ALL OCEANS
----------
Cerulean
Emerald
Jade
Meridian
Opal
----------

ALL LANGUAGES
----------
English
German
----------

NATIVE LANGUAGES
----------
Cerulean=English
Emerald=English
Jade=English
Meridian=English
Opal=English
----------

I'm still having a problem with my -West account pulling in the crew information.

Posted by Wrillz at Feb 23, 2012 2:45:03 AM
I am finding that it is unable to do a crew refresh whenever someone in the crew has a hyphenated name. I also cannot add -east/-west named pirates to the crew list.
Midnight Ocean - Wrillz
Cobalt Ocean - Wrill
Obsidian Ocean - Wrill

Posted by kaoma at Mar 2, 2012 2:55:39 PM
I can't download it. The link seams to be broken. Has anyone any ideas?
Orchidee, on Cerulean and all other oceans

Don't call me Orc! I'm a flower not a beast

Posted by BrainBender at Mar 4, 2012 2:42:44 PM
Yeah, I've noticed the download site is borked too :(

Posted by OzzyTapper at Mar 4, 2012 11:07:12 PM
Yeah me as well.
Jackley on the ( R.I.P Cobalt) Cerulean Ocean

Posted by Felixoo7 at Mar 8, 2012 11:07:56 AM
Just reformatted this comp and was redownloading everything when I realized your domain is down :'( Is there another way to get QM as of yet?
Its good to be back. And just when the merge is happening. It's like a whole new ocean to exploit*cough* excuse me.... Explore. xD

Rousta - Meridian

Posted by gween at Mar 20, 2012 2:52:26 AM
Hey,

Tried to use the link given however it is sending me to some wierd website with no links to QMII.

Would it be possible to get a link to D/L the newest version of QM that works.

Regards

JP
Jamespheonix
Originally of Midnight

Posted by mampiraat at Apr 8, 2012 1:49:29 PM
If anyone needs QM speak to me in the game, I have it as a .rar file and can email it to or transfer it by skype.

Godmother,
Queen of Back to Black
Captain and Monsterhunter of Quality over Quantity
Captain in the Lima Island Navy
(formerly known as Mamsje)

Posted by mampiraat at Apr 8, 2012 3:37:35 PM

If anyone needs QM speak to me in the game, I have it as a .rar file and can email it to or transfer it by skype.

It's the updated version with Meridian, the fanch and junk :)

Godmother,
Queen of Back to Black

Posted by Maragato2000 at Apr 9, 2012 6:47:59 PM
Hiya all!

The link to download the 2.5 Beta version are opennin a Oceanner page and arent the aplication in that. Someone have the correct link to download the QM 2.5 BETA-1?

Reegards,

Posted by mampiraat at Apr 17, 2012 1:55:56 PM

It's the updated version with Meridian, the fanch and junk :)

Godmother,
Queen of Back to Black

To the one I promissed to email it to, I lost your emailadress, very sorry but you can give it again :)

Posted by Xxxforedeath at May 30, 2012 8:02:34 PM
Can you email me a copy of qm sweet_flitterbye@hotmail.com

Posted by Mytor at Jun 19, 2012 10:52:48 AM
ahoy
Is there anywhere a working link for Quartermaster 2.5 ?
Mytor of Emerald

Posted by Vorky at Jun 21, 2012 12:16:43 AM
No but I posted some links for v2.4a here.
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=184414

Posted by LJAmethyst at Oct 25, 2012 10:44:56 PM
Hmm, I am sure that we've discussed this somewhere before, but I didn't find it in the official threads, and it's come up again, so I'm going to bring it up here in a central place so it can be discussed.

QuarterMaster 1, 2, and 2.5 never had any kind of a license statement or agreement attached. This means that since they are copyrighted by the author, Tailspin, no license has been granted to anyone else to modify or redistribute it. Until Tailspin comes in and explicitly gives us public notice that he licenses this software for modification and/or redistribution, we can't do either one. Now, I am not a lawyer but I am somewhat familiar with copyright and trademark laws. Obviously it was the intent of Tailspin that this software be freely shared. But intent is not good enough, and I don't think anyone wants to be sued. All it will take is for him to somehow come back online and issue a simple licensing statement for his software. But until then, we need to be a little more discreet about passing this software around. I have already removed download information from YPPedia, because I don't want Three Rings themselves to be sued for some crazy reason. If you offer it for download, understand that it is at your own risk.

If anyone knows how to contact Tailspin so that he can come back and issue a statement, now would be a good time.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7

Posted by Soar at Nov 2, 2012 8:32:41 AM
Ahoy

I got a message from an old PP mate about QuarterMaster and the concerns about redistributing it.

I don't play PP much anymore and I think QM would be seriously outdated by now. However if some mates would still like to use it or give it to others to use, then you certainly have my permission to do so.

Please consider it as license free, both for use and distribution.

Just please don't ask me to update it. I'd like to, but it is such a very big and old beastie and I don't have the time I used to.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Twittly at Nov 2, 2012 1:10:45 PM

Ahoy

I got a message from an old PP mate about QuarterMaster and the concerns about redistributing it.

I don't play PP much anymore and I think QM would be seriously outdated by now. However if some mates would still like to use it or give it to others to use, then you certainly have my permission to do so.

Please consider it as license free, both for use and distribution.

Just please don't ask me to update it. I'd like to, but it is such a very big and old beastie and I don't have the time I used to.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Thank you!
I love using QM! (even if it is outdated). For whoever needs a copy, I would be more than willing to give it to you! Send me a PM :)
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars

Posted by raymondbaker at Jan 7, 2019 7:26:26 AM
oops bumping an old thread....

I've finally got QM working, except (not majorly important but still nice to have it working) I can't assign myself to my crew.

Also does anyone have the details to add the new War Galleon ship into the config file?
Steveb Drunken SO of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness
Cerulean

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian & Obsidian)

Posted by darkseid at Aug 20, 2019 4:09:27 PM
Ahoy, does anyone know where I'd be able to acquire QM or any other form of damage calculator tbh
Darkseid, Cerulean.
Senior Officer of Under the Black Flag.

Posts: 91   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates