mvnForum Homepage

Print at Aug 19, 2019 11:29:02 AM
Posts: 89   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by tabzsheff at Oct 7, 2011 11:48:27 AM
Re: QuarterMaster Ver 2.5 Development Discussion

every time i tried using it it seemed to have incorrect figures :/ (checked against the booty) + i dont believe it tracks IO/ vikings?

Aye, it's probably messed up with all the new content and chat changes. I'll keep an eye on it as I do the alpha tests, and then ask the people who do beta to check it too. There are so many things it has to watch, but if I get them all it should become accurate again.

I wonder if i can fit that booty counter on the main window. It would save all that running to the chest.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Maybe could add in a "Tell Parser" so another crew member could do a /tell with the amount in chest just incase of DC or something else that may have interfered with the booty total.

ie. "Silly Booty tells ye: QMB:123456"
>= QM spots the QMB keyword and parses the remaining string and apply's it to the booty running total.

I know there's possible problems with random people spoiling the feature, so possibly have a setting in config menu to configure the keyword so can be unique to each person and can be changed at will.
----------------------------------------
Promised to my love, Badkittycat of Cobalt

Senior officer of The Cat's Meow
King of Pride and Punnishment

Posted by hirsty at Oct 9, 2011 5:57:00 AM
1. Willing to help with both alpha and beta tests altho not subbed atm (im a programatic guy so will probs test every feature to try and make it go wrong)
2. Maybe sort out the help file/training courses?
3. Maybe make them thin border instead of resizable?
4. merge black and gold list into Player - layour like the crew black/gold list
5. integrate voyages into sunshine widget?
6. Put a booty count near the ocean/name at the top?
7. Maybe sort out the loading stats, refresh every battle (maybe add option to refresh every x minutes?)
8. Battle Counter - maybe add feature to add a ships name to it (for blockades)
9. Battle counter - know it may sound daft but maybe try catch ships getting shot/rammed/rammed into rock, get QM to look for them and maybe automate it?

Wild ideas i know...sorry :D
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean

Posted by Soar at Oct 10, 2011 7:01:11 PM

1. Willing to help with both alpha and beta tests altho not subbed atm (im a programatic guy so will probs test every feature to try and make it go wrong)
2. Maybe sort out the help file/training courses?
3. Maybe make them thin border instead of resizable?
4. merge black and gold list into Player - layour like the crew black/gold list
5. integrate voyages into sunshine widget?
6. Put a booty count near the ocean/name at the top?
7. Maybe sort out the loading stats, refresh every battle (maybe add option to refresh every x minutes?)
9. Battle counter - know it may sound daft but maybe try catch ships getting shot/rammed/rammed into rock, get QM to look for them and maybe automate it?

Ahoy!
1. Great! I'm finishing up Hearty Assist atm (which is taking more work than I thought), then after that I'll make a pass over the bugs and put together a new installation package so we can start beta tests. Hopefully it will be done for this weekend. I'll post the download to the OP.
2. No plans to add any new training courses, although I might update the officer training for the new content. This could actually be done by anyone who had the inclination, via the editor that opens off the training window. (hint hint :] ) The help files will need an update too and the instructions for using the config.txt need to be added.
3. Did you mean make the help files thin border? How come?
4. Hmmm, that's a really good idea. But instead of putting voyages in the sunshine widget, maybe something else to give me some space to fit the booty total. Voyages is really only used at the start of the pillage. I'll take a look at this after I get the first Beta file out.
5. See 4.
6. See 4. (You sunk my battleship!)
7. The loading restrictions actually have a purpose. OOO pays attention to who and how much apps scrape the Yoweb pages so I need to keep the access of those to a minimum.
8. Damage counter isn't a whole lot of use in sinking. It will always be wrong due to repair or regeneration. I find that even if I open it at the start I always end up just checking the ship stats on the main window and shooting till it glubs.
9. I would if I could, heheh. But even if I built a system to capture these events, it would be constantly confusing ships and applying incorrect damage. The only way it could work would be to tap into the game stream, which is of course a no-no.

RE:Tabzsheff
I think the best idea would be to make the booty total display editable, like a text input box, so you could change it anytime.

Thanks mates!

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by hirsty at Oct 12, 2011 3:00:59 AM
By thin borders i meant around the actual application so it is none resizable - creates a little more room (not much) as for t he help file /tutorials would but am a lil busy atm finding me a job :D
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean

Posted by Soar at Oct 15, 2011 6:19:39 PM
Ahoy mates.

Still plugging away at it. There is a lot of blockade action on Midnight and I'm enjoying myself a little too much with that. :D

I'm moving on to the beta patch file this weekend so that should be out soon. Not everything will be in it, but most will.

Updated the OP.

Checked all the new LE ship types and they all seem to be registering ok. Thank ye Lawgirl and the fleet of Legally Drunk!

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by hirsty at Oct 16, 2011 7:49:35 AM
If u haven't already I posted a modded config file in 2.4 with pics if. U wanna add that
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean

Posted by Soar at Oct 16, 2011 11:05:43 PM

If u haven't already I posted a modded config file in 2.4 with pics if. U wanna add that

Aye, the config file will be fully updated with all the new stuff. Thank ye to those mates who have been keeping it updated in the YYPedia!

Arbedar!

Tailspin

Posted by jlh0605 at Oct 20, 2011 10:10:31 PM
Oh, one feature I hope to see:
Can stats look at ocean-wide when archipelago-wide and ocean-wide differ? It makes a big difference when some people are in small archipelagos and are really master, but show as ultimate.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."

Posted by Soar at Oct 20, 2011 10:40:37 PM

Can stats look at ocean-wide when archipelago-wide and ocean-wide differ? It makes a big difference when some people are in small archipelagos and are really master, but show as ultimate.

They don't? Didn't I fix that up ages ago?

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by jlh0605 at Oct 22, 2011 11:41:24 PM

They don't? Didn't I fix that up ages ago?

Arbedar!
Tailspin

As of V 2.4, no. For example, I'm master/respected sailing (respected ocean-wide), and it shows as master in QM.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."

Posted by Ilyarri at Oct 24, 2011 12:49:48 AM
I have an enhancement request.

Would it be possible to sort the bots on the vessel list to group at the top or bottom, or (better yet) have the Crew display read something like Crew (12+3)? It would make it much easier to tell at a glance how many "real people" we have aboard.
Ilyarri on HunterEmerald
SO of Queen's Realm
Prince of The Swarm

Posted by Soar at Oct 24, 2011 6:10:48 AM

I have an enhancement request.

Would it be possible to sort the bots on the vessel list to group at the top or bottom, or (better yet) have the Crew display read something like Crew (12+3)? It would make it much easier to tell at a glance how many "real people" we have aboard.

I'll think I'll go for the "12+3" approach, it will be easier.

RE: Jamesh
Will take another look over the code involved. Thanks for reporting it mate.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Cnuofesd at Oct 24, 2011 3:06:56 PM
Love the work you're doing.
Capablanca on Emerald
My posts are not my own opinion.

Posted by jrnjaz at Oct 24, 2011 6:41:04 PM

Still plugging away at it. There is a lot of blockade action on Midnight and I'm enjoying myself a little too much with that. :D

Glad your enjoying the blockades as much as I do.

Requests:
1)A way to add boat names to damage counter - I use QM and the damage counters frequently and mostly in multiship environments - blockades and flotillas. I usually have 3-4 counters open at one time and it would be nice to be able to add a label so I know which ship that counter represents. I know the count will almost always be wrong due to regeneration, but I do use it to track which boats have more or less damage.

What information would you need us to collect, in order to try and calculate the regeneration factors for the sinking environment?

2) blockade point tracking - if QM could pick up the start of the round and start a clock/countdown. Then we could put in how many flags are on the board and the current score. And QM could do the math to see how many points remaining and how many are need to lock up the round.

3) Prometheus - fix it so I can "update my vessels crew list" when Prometheus is the OM.

4) Turn counter - should be able to track the engagement time and then turn #. Even better if it should # of turns until we can Disengage. YPP doesn't show us until we are 3 turns away from a possible DE. But sometimes it feels like forever while we wait.

Thanks,
And love the program.
Johnjuan
On the Emerald Ocean
Scoundrel and trouble maker.

Posted by hirsty at Oct 26, 2011 3:38:05 AM

8. Damage counter isn't a whole lot of use in sinking. It will always be wrong due to repair or regeneration. I find that even if I open it at the start I always end up just checking the ship stats on the main window and shooting till it glubs.

Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean

Posted by Soar at Oct 26, 2011 5:45:42 AM
Ahoys

Would ye believe I am still actually working daily on this. I thought I'd have the first Beta going two weekends ago, lol.
It's the new installer/updater mates. It's giving me much trouble. But I am determined to get it done as the end result will be a good sight better than what we have now and will rid us of many problems being experienced by first-time users.

Anyways...

RE: Jarnjaz
Thank ye for yer post.

1. There is a damage counter overhaul on my list, and the more I get around the more players I meet who use it for multi-ship sinking despite it's inaccurracy. I could probably get the ship name thingy in there. But I wont be starting on the DC stuff till after the first beta files goes out, so sometime between then and the public release.

As for collecting data to workout the regeration rates. It would be a whole lot pain and PoE, and then, even should we succeed, it is highly probably the numbers would be tweaked by OOO at some point after we had gathered them.

2. Blockade point tracking/projection would go on a seprate list I'm keeping. But more on that after I get past QM ver 2.5.

3. Aye, that will be in the first Beta file coming shortly.

4. This one would be a bit too difficult. The disengage timer is affected a great deal by ship damage, and that's something that relies on user input accuracy. I guess it could be done, but there is many a thing higher on the to-do list atm. ;)

Thanks mate!

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Soar at Oct 28, 2011 2:29:25 AM
Ahoy!

BETA-1 is up for testing. The download link and update notes are in the OP.

Not all of the planned changes for 2.5 are in there, especially missing are those relating to the damage counter overhaul. The rest will be along in BETA-2. I'm going to need lots of help from Navers for that one, but for now I'd like to get past the first round of testing.

Let me know what you think of it all and any problems you encounter. The new installer is much sexy, no? :)

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by hirsty at Oct 28, 2011 4:58:32 AM
FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF BETA-1

For Soar: Running Windows 7 :D

1. the hearty assist looks a little cramped in there.....maybe move it up?
2. Maybe auto shorten chat box to level with pp window when damage counter is summoned?
3. Maybe autoload crew info on start? (Got Never Shown when i looked in my crew)
4. Whats with all the black all of a sudden? :/ (Crew list)
5.Maybe somehow ad Forage TH to booty divvy?

other than that its fine for me :D

all help files seemed to work and the new start screen looks great

Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean

Posted by benwick at Oct 28, 2011 7:35:04 AM
Thank you so much for working on this. I'm really excited to see all the newer ships included. I installed the beta on Windows 7 with no difficulty at all, and everything seems to work smoothly so far (much more so than the older version did on Windows 7)!
~Wentworth
SO of Schroedinger's Cat

Posted by raymondbaker at Oct 28, 2011 7:36:59 AM
some of the problems ive had is that sometimes when I log in I find myself on my Permanent black list and I remove myself but only to be back on it when I log off and log on another time. So what I'd like to know is why this is happening and how to resolve it.

Also my hearties list hasnt auto-loaded itself upon log-in so I know it might take a while but Im happy to manually add them if you could allow that.
Steveb Drunken SO of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness
Cerulean

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian & Obsidian)

Posted by benwick at Oct 29, 2011 12:16:04 PM
On the damage counter: you seem to have fanchuans set as if they use small cbs.
~Wentworth
SO of Schroedinger's Cat

Posted by Soar at Oct 29, 2011 8:55:00 PM
Ahoy mates!

Thanks for the feed back.

RE: Benwick
I can't seem to reproduce this one and it's showing as L size cb both in the ship info and in the damage caused in the DC. Could you confirm this on your end. It is possible the data gets mixed up somewhere after taking specific actions.

RE:Raymondbaker
I think there are number of problems like this, where list data is not saving and loading correctly between uses. I'll recheck the whole system for the next patch.

RE:Hirsty
1. The top space gets eaten up with the longer ocean names. It was pretty difficult finding a spot for it, heheh. I put it there as it is near the gold list, which is sort of similar in principle.
2. Yeah, that's what it is supposed to do, and used to do. I'll go over it all in the DC overhaul. The DC will get a larger version of itself then too.
3. Do you mean the vessel crew, or your "My Crew" crew?
4. Not sure why the black. It just ended up that way when I was redesigning it and I liked the look. It's supposed to be really dark wood, but I'm thinking to just go all black to save resources. I may do the background of the icon bars in wood though.
5. Not sure I understand you on this one. There is a forage payment system in the booty manager, is this what you mean?

And here are a few bugs submitted to me in-game...
- The crew tab on the sunshine widget will cause an error when pressed due to one of the image files being incorrectly installed. You can hack-fix it by renaming the offending file from "QuarterMaster\Iamges\CrewTab.bmp" to "QuarterMaster\Iamges\CrewsTab.bmp". It is the wrong image and although it fits, it will look a bit weird. The error will be gone though.
- The chat window does not save it's resizing and position settings between logins. Neither does the main window.
- The hearty list wont be able to see your hidden hearties, this is not actually a bug. You'll need to turn them on so that they are vissible in your Yoweb page. I think I'll save the list locally so that people may avoid this problem and only need to show hidden hearties when they wish to fully update their list.
- The Login window is not saving your last used pirate between logins as it should.
- The hearty icon doesn't seem to be working all the time.

...and an idea I am toying with: The possiblitiy of an online server for optional sharing of the data in the QM pirate database. This would reduce the load QM creates on the Yoweb, and give everyone more loaded pirates, even on a fresh installation.

Thanks for the reports mates! Keep 'em coming. I'll start on BETA-2 coding next week. This weekend is playtime. :D

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by benwick at Oct 30, 2011 7:05:15 AM
I couldn't duplicate it in a quick test this morning, either. I noticed it in the middle of a very odd pillage that included a sinky pvp and subsequently transferring the ship deed to an alt (so I relogged in QM). If I see the problem again I'll let you know.
~Wentworth
SO of Schroedinger's Cat

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Oct 31, 2011 11:20:49 AM
Ugh. Steam. It seems to have broken the standard ypp.log file. Like it isn't there under any normal name. There is a log file named:

yohoho_1320081154419.log

which seems to have the right content but I don't know if it is the same as the old ypp.log file. Ugh. It is located in:

C:/Users/myusername/AppData/Roaming/Three Rings Design/Puzzle Pirates

Let me know if you want a copy of the file.

Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes

Posted by Ilyarri at Nov 13, 2011 9:39:42 PM
Some bugs I noticed in 2.5:

* Exiting a flotilla does not reset your status to "sailing".
* Ram numbers for the MG are still somewhat broken: rams inflict less damage than QM says they do.
* And for some reason, QM thinks I have a hearty on my hearty list named "Avast!"
Ilyarri on HunterEmerald
SO of Queen's Realm
Prince of The Swarm

Posted by Soar at Nov 13, 2011 10:02:58 PM
Ahoy mates

Re:Aarghbird
Those are the new yohoho.log names, but they should work with 2.4+. Can ye double check the PP directory is correct in QM set up. A good way to test if your yohoho.log is working as intended is to jump on a ship and see if the ship stat panel in the main window changes to the correct type.

RE: Ilyarri
All pillage types are getting a good going over this week as I code up the new booty display panel for the main window. Should be fixed in Beta 2.
Aye, still haven't got around to testing the MG rams. :]
Ah, the mysterious "Avast!" hearty. I get him too and am working on fixing him away.

Thanks Mates

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Nov 14, 2011 2:18:41 PM

Re:Aarghbird Those are the new yohoho.log names, but they should work with 2.4+. Can ye double check the PP directory is correct in QM set up. A good way to test if your yohoho.log is working as intended is to jump on a ship and see if the ship stat panel in the main window changes to the correct type.

I double checked, and reselected the yohoho_1321307611285.log file (a new one seems to get generated everytime I open a client window.) I opened QM (latest beta) and it doesn't find the log. It does give me an error:

'-' is not a valid integer value.

Then I get the main QM window just fine and it says I am on a sloop. When I close the error window, I get a chat window, misplaced, with four lines of data which are, appropriately enough:

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
Line 4

If I open a Chat Logs section, such as QM System, those 4 lines go away. I get the usual opening 3 lines of Welcome / ready / Crew add. If I hope on a new ship (not a sloop just to test as you suggested) I get two QM chat alert sounds, "Going aboard the Advanced Clownfish", and a then a blank line showing in the "Other..." window.

I am seriously thinking of removing Steam, even if it means having to totally reload YPP.

Sorry for the bugs. I am enjoying the Beta since it fixed the other main issue I had of not being able to load an existing vessel crew list most of the time.

Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes

Posted by hirsty at Nov 17, 2011 11:06:23 AM
Re: QuarterMaster Ver 2.5 Development (BETA-1 Testing)
Soar if by steam couldnt you get it look for *.log (exception of yohoho-o.log) and access varying to last edit date?
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean

Posted by Soar at Nov 17, 2011 9:40:23 PM
I'm pretty lost with this one Aarghbird. It just fills me with questions, lol. I'll go through it bit by bit...

I double checked, and reselected the yohoho_1321307611285.log file (a new one seems to get generated everytime I open a client window.)
Aye this changed happened a while ago, before Steam I think, and QM was modified to handle it. It should find your most recent Yohoho log each time you load QM and draw data from that.

I opened QM (latest beta) and it doesn't find the log. It does give me an error:

'-' is not a valid integer value.
When does this Error pop up exactly?

Then I get the main QM window just fine and it says I am on a sloop. When I close the error window, I get a chat window, misplaced, with four lines of data which are, appropriately enough:

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
Line 4
Could you give me a screenshot of this chat window? I'm having trouble working out what it is.

If I open a Chat Logs section, such as QM System, those 4 lines go away. I get the usual opening 3 lines of Welcome / ready / Crew add. If I hope on a new ship (not a sloop just to test as you suggested) I get two QM chat alert sounds, "Going aboard the Advanced Clownfish", and a then a blank line showing in the "Other..." window.
Errr something is not wired up right here. I'm begining to suspect its all stemming froma signle problem.

I am seriously thinking of removing Steam, even if it means having to totally reload YPP.
Don't do that, then we'll never find out whats going on, lol.

I think I need to get PP on steam myself. That would be a good start. :]

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by hirsty at Nov 18, 2011 12:19:20 AM

Ugh. Steam. It seems to have broken the standard ypp.log file. Like it isn't there under any normal name. There is a log file named:

yohoho_1320081154419.log

which seems to have the right content but I don't know if it is the same as the old ypp.log file. Ugh. It is located in:

C:/Users/myusername/AppData/Roaming/Three Rings Design/Puzzle Pirates

Let me know if you want a copy of the file.

Aarghbird

It does adjust to latest version of yohoho log :) Using Ypp on steam myself >.> Had to reinswtall windows lol and i think carrying over 100GB of stuff is enough :P
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean

Posts: 89   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates