mvnForum Homepage

Print at Aug 24, 2019 4:05:16 PM
Posts: 185   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Amburwashere at Sep 1, 2011 2:12:46 PM
Regarding the Spawning of the New Greenie Influx
Don't get too excited about the new greenie influx just yet guys! Guess where OOO has decided to send all our new greenies? That's right, the dead ocean Malachite! Woo...wait..that sucks.

I don't quite understand why they would want to send our hope for the next generation and the game revival to the least active dub ocean. They aren't going to stay in the game and be permanent players on Malachite..there are no SMH's there, no cades, hardly any parlor games; it's just a half game experience playing Mala.

I decided to take up the cause of warning new players that were spawned onto Mala by sending them a greeting message, letting them know that they were on the least active ocean. Well apparently, this is sabotage of an ocean and I have been threatened suspended for this. Can I get an ROFL please? See below for what happened with Cronus.

Yes I understand I'm pretty pathetic for actually wasting time warning players on Mala, but I do care about this game..and as all of you are excited for the new players, I was also..and pretty upset to see it all go to waste.

Edit: I'm positive I'll have Malahaters on this thread trying to explain how great Mala is, but get real. If you were a brand new player and wanted to experience the full game, you'd want to be spawned there?
----------------------------------------
Ambur
Hunter and Viridian Ocean
Banned on 9-29-11

Posted by dalnoth at Sep 1, 2011 2:20:59 PM
Re: Regarding the Spawning of the New Greenie Influx
Brilliant lol. Should append the steam advertisement features to say:

Feeling of Emptyness! Explore the brave world of malachite which offers a feeling of loneliness generated by no players to play parlor games against or tart in inn's with!

I mean seriously, is this the impression you want to give to new players starting the game? That it's an empty hole?

I was actually thinking about logging into hunter and running atlantis for the first time in 2 years and buying all the greenies badges so they could come but I guess there's no point in doing that anymore since an executive decision sent them all to malachite.
Dalnoth
Novo tells ye, "Howtie removed me as a manager from her tailor, my wager swordfighting career is over :(."

Posted by atoms12123 at Sep 1, 2011 2:28:48 PM
Ah, so you're the annoying "Movetovirid" pirate that we were making fun of in /fo chat today?

Maybe do a /gwh and look at the greenies on the other oceans right now too? With almost 100 on each ocean, I guess Mala is totally getting the most. And before you attempt to troll, just remember, most of those greenies don't realize what a "large" ocean is until they experience one, so for them Malachite is fine.
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.

Posted by catscanner at Sep 1, 2011 2:29:54 PM
Yeah. That's pretty stupid in my opinion. OOO are throwing their revival opportunity down the drain and sabotaging it for themselves. Not to mention by next year the OM's would have banned 90% of the oceans for ridiculous reasons.

Posted by Ice_devil at Sep 1, 2011 2:32:17 PM
I can see why Nemesis says she's easily upset by the global parley.

I know you're pretty low, Ambur, but seriously? The players don't even know how to change oceans. I assume your a greeter, so do a /w. On each ocean currently theres an average of 100 greenies. They're being equally split up (the new steam players).

I did player mala; the ocean has a nice layout. Would be great if it was huge. Without players, its just a big sand box for poker players who want to nav against extremely inexperienced navvers.

I mean, I do agree that Mala shouldn't have been opened, and that its sucking greenies in, but once they start to get bored, they'll learn that you can move.

I don't really see your logic, and I don't feel the sympathy I'm suppose to be fealing.
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q

Posted by Amburwashere at Sep 1, 2011 2:34:50 PM
@ atoms12123

Yes, that annoying pirate that never said a word to you or anyone with a yellow name and actually cares about the game. -raises hand-

It's not trolling when it's just the plain truth. There has been around 140 players online Mala all day with 100+ of those players being greenies. Talk about a mega waste of the new player influx. As I said, I knew I was going to get people defending their beloved Mala on here.

just remember, most of those greenies don't realize what a "large" ocean is until they experience one, so for them Malachite is fine.

Just because the greenies aren't aware they are on a crappy ocean, doesn't make it cool to spawn them there and say, "HAY IZ KEWL THEY DUN KNOW THE DIFFERENCE LOLOL STOOPID GREENIES"

@ Ice_devil
Lol Alright I'm pretty low? Uhm do I know you? I think the only time i've spoken to you was when I was making fun of the fact that you have a fake pirate page, which is still very LOLOL'able.

Once they get bored they will move? Why not just save them the time and let them actually contribute on a good running ocean?

You might not understand my logic, but at least its there. I see zero logic in your post, you agree that Mala shouldn't be active, but then you contradict yourself by saying, Just throw them there anyways?

Sorry for the multiple edits, just responding to the posts instead of double posting.
Ambur
Banned on 9-29-11

Posted by Ice_devil at Sep 1, 2011 2:36:08 PM

Yes, that annoying pirate that never said a word to you or anyone with a yellow name and actually cares about the game. -raises hand-

It's not trolling when it's just the plain truth. There has been around 140 players online Mala all day with 100+ of those players being greenies. Talk about a mega waste of the new player influx. As I said, I knew I was going to get people defending their beloved Mala on here.

just remember, most of those greenies don't realize what a "large" ocean is until they experience one, so for them Malachite is fine.

Also...lol just because the greenies aren't aware they are on a crappy ocean, doesn't make it cool to spawn them there and say, "HAY IZ KEWL THEY DUN KNOW THE DIFFERENCE LOLOL STOOPID GREENIES"

tl;dr

edit:

Nemesis says, "Oh no."
Nil says, "Good one hammy."
Nil says, ">.>"
Nemesis says, "I'm totally answering all of your petitions like that from now on."
Nil says, "xD"
Hamsterz says, "xDD"
Hamsterz says, "So Nemesis"
Hamsterz says, "When someone steals 2 million in SMH stock and kade stock from my crew"
Hamsterz says, "You'll say 'tl;dr'?"
Nemesis says, "Sorry, tl;dr"
Baptist laughs
Hamsterz says, "Nemesis says, "Sorry, tl;dr" tl;dr"
Nemesis says, "And then I'd point and laugh for not locking your ships."
Nemesis says, "Oh man, don't even quote that out of context. They'll have my head on a pike."

inb4 NOCHATLOGSLOLIMMAFORUMNAZI
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q

Posted by atoms12123 at Sep 1, 2011 2:43:55 PM

@ atoms12123

Just because the greenies aren't aware they are on a crappy ocean, doesn't make it cool to spawn them there and say, "HAY IZ KEWL THEY DUN KNOW THE DIFFERENCE LOLOL STOOPID GREENIES"

@ Ice_devil
Lol Alright I'm pretty low? Uhm do I know you? I think the only time i've spoken to you was when I was making fun of the fact that you have a fake pirate page, which is still very LOLOL'able.

Once they get bored they will move? Why not just save them the time and let them actually contribute on a good running ocean?

You might not understand my logic, but at least its there. I see zero logic in your post, you agree that Mala shouldn't be active, but then you contradict yourself by saying, Just throw them there anyways?

Sorry for the multiple edits, just responding to the posts instead of double posting.

I guess you have been on Mala for what? 5 minutes prior to that alt? Over the past 2 days, our population at peak went from 80 to 229. Yesterday, we didn't drop below I think 100, until about 2am puzzle time. And while that's not much, Mala has something Viridian, Hunter and Sage doesn't. A tight-knit community where everyone knows everyone else. Malachite is like the bar in Cheers.
Ions

Posted by Decency at Sep 1, 2011 2:44:11 PM
Ambur, your logic is so flawed it makes me want to bang my head against my desk. Being an interocean player, I can clearly see why people are being sent to malachite, however I'm guessing you probably have never considered playing on an ocean with less than 350 players online every day.

Just think about it. If you have 3 vaguely crowded oceans and one empty one, what do you do? You fill the empty one and try to balance everything out. You're also wrong because ALL the oceans got an influx of greenies. I counted 742 players online when I logged on. Compared to 125-150, that makes your argument pathetic. Stop whinging and GET OVER IT.
Decency: All over the place

Ions tells ye, "I'm going to have sex with my cat now."

Ions says, "I have always wanted to have sex with a penguin"

Posted by riku743 at Sep 1, 2011 2:45:04 PM
Lol, did you try checking to see if you were correct in that they are sending all the greenies to mala?

Malachite: 122 greenies
Hunter: 163 greenies
Sage: 150 greenies
Viridian: 166 greenies

Mala actually has the least. No, I'm not telling you how great mala is. I'm telling you to at least check and see if you're close to right. You're not.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.

Posted by dalnoth at Sep 1, 2011 2:49:08 PM
So greenies spawning on other oceans, Y/N? Im confused.

edit: I see greenies everywhere in the post above me, my bads
Dalnoth
Novo tells ye, "Howtie removed me as a manager from her tailor, my wager swordfighting career is over :(."

Posted by Decency at Sep 1, 2011 2:49:59 PM

Lol, did you try checking to see if you were correct in that they are sending all the greenies to mala?

Malachite: 122 greenies
Hunter: 163 greenies
Sage: 150 greenies
Viridian: 166 greenies

Mala actually has the least. No, I'm not telling you how great mala is. I'm telling you to at least check and see if you're close to right. You're not.

The OMs want there to be a fair amount-ish on each ocean. However I bet you're one of those types that just doesn't stop, right?

And yes Dalnoth, greenies are, but someone's annoyed because malachite is actually getting a chance for revival, so it would seem ^_^

Posted by Erissar at Sep 1, 2011 2:53:00 PM
It seems a bit pathetic to me that you actually have nothing better to do than go around Malachite with a pirate called "Movetovirid", tell greenies who just want to explore the game to move oceans, argue with OMs, and come to the forums to complain about something like this when Malachite, if anything, are getting the shaft of it.

Just seems like a John Thomas move to me.

Posted by Decency at Sep 1, 2011 2:56:37 PM

It seems a bit pathetic to me that you actually have nothing better to do than go around Malachite with a pirate called "Movetovirid", tell greenies who just want to explore the game to move oceans, argue with OMs, and come to the forums to complain about something like this when Malachite, if anything, are getting the shaft of it.

Just seems like a John Thomas move to me.

I don't really know you, but well worded. Ambur, I think you've lost this argument >.>

Posted by Jongy5 at Sep 1, 2011 3:20:08 PM
Totally off topic but:

Gee ,Cronus is really polite :D
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME

Posted by Ezder at Sep 1, 2011 3:21:25 PM
When my husband first spawned on Hunter, he was told to move to Viridian. We're both grateful for that, since it saved us the choice between staying on a half dead ocean, or a painful move later.

If Mala gets an equal share of the greenies and, like you say, 100 out of 140 online players are greenies, then what will they do? They won't have O-badges or crews to be able to take out ships. Would the 40 yellow players be running greeter pillages, or risking ships in SMH with a crew too green to keep the ship going? No, I think it's a bad idea to send that many to Mala, seing how there aren't enough experienced players to welcome them.

And no matter right or wrong in sending the greenies there, and in warning them, I'm not impressed by the way Cronus handled it. Not impressed at all.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.

Posted by Decency at Sep 1, 2011 3:30:06 PM
To be honest if most of these "experienced" players hadn't left malachite, this argument wouldn't be happening. You are right, but you are also wrong. Hunter hasn't been dead for the 5 years I've known it, and the OMs are currently just trying to find a solution to this problem, and you're still disappointed, although other oceans still got more? There's no harm in giving Malachite a second chance, and there'll probably be many more steam players to come anyway. I expect that was one day of many.

Posted by Whitehazed at Sep 1, 2011 3:35:56 PM

To be honest if most of these "experienced" players hadn't left malachite, this argument wouldn't be happening. You are right, but you are also wrong. Hunter hasn't been dead for the 5 years I've known it, and the OMs are currently just trying to find a solution to this problem, and you're still disappointed, although other oceans still got more? There's no harm in giving Malachite a second chance, and there'll probably be many more steam players to come anyway. I expect that was one day of many.

Yes there simply is harm in it, this is a great chance for PP to retain greenies, and Malachite is simply not the place for them. Unfortunatly Malachite is dead, most people realise this, it does not have the player numbers or the activites to keep this influx of players entertained. Other oceans such as Virdian/Sage/Hunter do have the player numbers to run everything the game has to offer, showing off the game in it finest light. It is illogical to send hundreds of greenies to an ocean with about 40 experienced players, even if every one of those 40 does their upmost to entertain.

I suppose it's easier for me to say because I made the shift to Hunter/Virid early, but it would simply be best for the game to send the new players to the oceans which have the capacity to show off PP in it's finest light.
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.

Posted by muppman at Sep 1, 2011 3:37:21 PM
Chronus is 100% out of line here, if we dont have freedom of speach enough to even exange information about oceans then we should seriously reconsider our comitment to this game.
/Qvintus, First mate of Nightmare and King of Legacy

Posted by am1991 at Sep 1, 2011 3:43:01 PM
Foreseeing this thread getting out of hand, I think we should all just be happy there are alot of new pirates and many to come, and let the OM's decide where they go, and how to continue getting new pirates to come.

I for one, am incredibly happy that for the first time in a while I can /gw and see that there are 160 greenies : 60 Greeters as opposed to seeing 30 greenies : 60 greeters. And that is good enough for me.

They are rebuilding the oceans with low pirate count, and now Mala has a new wave of pirates. Viridian Pirates have always been spoiled with the most pirates, and it is okay if they are giving other oceans the same chance.
~Tigerscar Of Viridian~
Captain of the Crew "Uprising"
Founder/King of the Flag "Notorious"

Posted by riku743 at Sep 1, 2011 3:44:34 PM
Hey look!

All the reasons I haven't ditched mala and moved to virid, all in one handy-dandy thread!
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.

Posted by bronzebeard at Sep 1, 2011 3:45:22 PM
Let the new mates play the game on an ocean where they have more chance to make something of themselves.
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!

Posted by dalnoth at Sep 1, 2011 4:18:54 PM
I just gave away around 3 mill of clothes from my tailor rack on hunter since I really never play. Hopefully they stick around. There was definitely a lot of people there to grab the outfits.
Dalnoth

Posted by Erissar at Sep 1, 2011 4:23:23 PM

I just gave away around 3 mill of clothes from my tailor rack on hunter since I really never play. Hopefully they stick around. There was definitely a lot of people there to grab the outfits.

Bigups mate.

Posted by atoms12123 at Sep 1, 2011 4:39:27 PM

Chronus is 100% out of line here, if we dont have freedom of speach enough to even exange information about oceans then we should seriously reconsider our comitment to this game.

This game isn't the United States, the freedoms granted by the Constitution are by-passed when you agree to the ToS which you do by logging on, and I'm sure the game will miss you <3333
Ions

Posted by Sevenlyrcake at Sep 1, 2011 5:27:34 PM

Let the new mates play the game on an ocean where they have more chance to make something of themselves.

I think this is the right idea!!

Also, I don't even know why this is an issue since sub oceans are way better anyways </3

trolololololololol
Sevenlayers on the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer, Midnight Reavers

Posted by Dwizzles at Sep 1, 2011 5:27:47 PM
Spawning greenies on mala is dumb in my opinion, but I completely understand why they are doing it and the corresponding response from Cronus.

OOO aren't going to admit Mala is a failure yet. Let's be realistic.

It's time for more people like Dalnoth that want to help greenies. Take them on your SMHs! Good navers can survive as long as they have hard workers. There were 5 or 6 Renowned+ brigs or higher loading on Hunter today. That is NOT how you keep new players.

We aren't going to get a third chance! Don't mess this up!
-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti

Posted by Amburwashere at Sep 1, 2011 5:32:33 PM

however I'm guessing you probably have never considered playing on an ocean with less than 350 players online every day.

I actually only moved to Viridian from Hunter around 9-10 months ago. I saw the ocean was dying and GTFO.

Lol, did you try checking to see if you were correct in that they are sending all the greenies to mala? Malachite: 122 greenies Hunter: 163 greenies Sage: 150 greenies Viridian: 166 greenies

Alright alright, I guess my original post that ALL the greenies were going to Mala, was a little over stated. I will admit that now seeing the numbers. BUT I have two points still left
1. there were 122 greenies on Mala, to what 40-50 regular players? That ratio seems a little off balance to me. What is the chance that even half those 122 greenies will stay on the game when they are spawned onto an ocean with the majority not knowing what the scupper is going on, and barely anything every going on.
2. I still don't see how what I was doing was any kind of grounds for suspension? I believe Cronus was extremely rude and to claim that I was actually "sabotaging" the ocean by giving someone a heads up that they are playing on an ocean that isnt very active, is absolutely ridiculous.

It seems a bit pathetic to me that you actually have nothing better to do than go around Malachite with a pirate called "Movetovirid"

Can't say I didn't already state in my first post that I claimed that what I did was somewhat pathetic :P BUT pathetic or not, it's still not grounds for suspension. And bringing a possible new great player or two to an active ocean like Viridian is well worth it.

I don't really know you, but well worded. Ambur, I think you've lost this argument >.>

If my argument is that ALL greenies are being spawned on Mala, then yes I lost that argument, because with the evidence, it's obvious now that they aren't all spawned there. But I do still believe they shouldn't be spawned with such a high ratio of greenies to normal players, and I don't believe I should have been possibly suspended for what I was doing.

To be honest if most of these "experienced" players hadn't left malachite, this argument wouldn't be happening....There's no harm in giving Malachite a second chance

They did leave and this is happening, and there is no reviving something that hasn't had a pulse for 24 months and stop kicking even before then.

How did most of you learn the game? Wasn't it from that old probably now retired friend, who held your hand and gave you tips all the time? Spawning tons of greenies onto an ocean together, where none of them have the wisdom of the game, isn't a winning combination. Sorry, it's just not.

This game isn't the United States

Hmm, but it is based in the USA my friend. Being able to exchange words that are harmless and not hurting anyone shouldn't be hindered.
Ambur
Banned on 9-29-11

Posted by Sevenlyrcake at Sep 1, 2011 5:41:18 PM

I just think it's funny that someone really took the time to make a pirate that warns people to go away from an ocean.

Do something on ye own ocean to encourage and welcome new players.
Sevenlayers on the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer, Midnight Reavers

Posted by Amburwashere at Sep 1, 2011 5:48:17 PM

I just think it's funny that someone really took the time to make a pirate that warns people to go away from an ocean.

Do something on ye own ocean to encourage and welcome new players.

Lol it was really early in the morning and had nothing better to be doing, as I've already laughed at myself for it, I have no problem you laughing either.

I don't need to welcome the new greenies to Viridian, because we actually have enough regular players to already be doing that. Unlike Malachite's ratio of 40 regular players and 100+ greenies. Those greenies deserve to be on a more active ocean, where they can actually do things like Pillage, SMH, experience cading, carousing...I mean come on.

Just asking yourself this...if you were a brand new player to this game, would you want to be spawned onto an ocean that is dead and you can only experience half the game?
Ambur
Banned on 9-29-11

Posts: 185   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates