mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 18, 2019 9:03:54 AM
Posts: 47   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by RedSeaWitch at Oct 3, 2010 11:17:48 AM
Cleopatra's Mess
Everytime, I go HOME, I am disgusted.

WW was born on Zeta, and moved to Cleo within 2 days. I've lived there ever since. It's my home away from the hustle and bustle of shop keeping

I've always liked the symmetry of the layout.

When the special building on the island dusted, I could understand that. The pile of rubble away from town was unsightly, but acceptable.

Then suddenly, someone built something that became rubble quickly enough, right in town at the corner of the circle.

And now, for the past gawd knows how long, there's a construction site right next to my front door. For a Ship Bazaar....

Some urban planners.. hah! this is one of those, "What WERE they thinking" kind of things...

Why there?
Why not on a rubble spot?
Why not near the other shoppes?
Why not on the island?
and why the hell doesn't it get finished?

and... PLEASE, won't you have the OM's clean up those unsightly piles of rubble?
----------------------------------------
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often

Posted by Neonila at Oct 4, 2010 6:11:42 AM
Re: Cleopatra's Mess
Maybe it was cause I was on the group that put n named the TP but I liked it where it was. Thought it looked pretty and you could walk on the other side of the island in the sugar cane field. But if you cant pay you can't pay. A lot of those have been dusted around the ocean. Why the OM's haven't been petitioned to clear the rubble ... well ...

The rest just makes me sad cause I love that lil island on the edge of the map.
Alniyat,
Booching Blaggards -> http://dirac.dynalias.com/bb/

If the Fish Rumour Mongers had their way, we'd be dropping on everything.
I dropped a plate the other day. Does that count?
-- Missiep --

Posted by RedSeaWitch at Oct 7, 2010 4:57:05 PM
It was a perfect spot... and it would have been perfect to put the ship bazaar there, if they had to have one....

:(

This way, it's just a mess all over.
Windwench
HS on Viri:

Posted by Culiford at Oct 7, 2010 6:17:46 PM
BLOCKAAAAAAAAADE!!!!!

Yes, it's ugly. But there is a solution.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A

Posted by Pixulayted at Oct 7, 2010 7:55:22 PM

BLOCKAAAAAAAAADE!!!!!

Yes please.

Posted by RedSeaWitch at Oct 7, 2010 8:12:29 PM

BLOCKAAAAAAAAADE!!!!!

Yes, it's ugly. But there is a solution.

ok. i job for you ... I can't blockade. I'm a 1 1/2 2 1/2woman flag. (sorry, Came)
Windwench
HS on Viri:

Posted by penguinc009 at Oct 8, 2010 12:04:19 PM
Look ... it was created ... if it had been dusted right off the bat it would have left a rubble pile there as well.

It took so long to get the labor applied because it required an enormous amount of stone that took a little while to find .

Labor has started and the more that take a job the faster it is finished and you should help because it is not moving .

I was not part of the decision to dust the trading post but it was not helping commerce on the island anyways

And alni ... you love the little island because it was our piece of land . We took it and made ourselves something . So dont act like you're the only ones that care for it .

As to the winch , witch, w/e ... continue to call it home but deal with the fact that the shipyard is gonna be there .... if you dont like it then use the magical "set as home" button on some other island . Honestly if you dont run a shop there then you cant be doing much more than storing your stuff there . Enjoy the new shop or leave .. your decision .

Posted by Lazyeyes1991 at Oct 8, 2010 12:26:38 PM

if it had been dusted right off the bat it would have left a rubble pile there as well

You can petition a OM to remove it.
Lesgreg

Posted by surfrn59 at Oct 8, 2010 12:38:40 PM
Yes you can petition the OM and its FREE, so no excuse for not cleaning it up.
Surfie
Captain of Get of Fenris
Midnight Ocean

Posted by stowaway1693 at Oct 8, 2010 12:42:36 PM

It took so long to get the labor applied because it required an enormous amount of stone that took a little while to find .

Labor has started and the more that take a job the faster it is finished and you should help because it is not moving .

I think you're missing the point of the complaint regarding the construction site. Maybe we're not reading the same OP. What I read was that Windwench was more frustrated with the placement of the new building, even though she did comment on the amount of time it's taken for construction.

Also, it's not uncommon for people to complain about the state of an island. Look at the history of Cnossos, for starters.

Just because someone doesn't run a shop on a particular island also does not mean they are not contributing to an island's economy. Perhaps she frequently makes purchases at shoppes and stalls on Cleo, or perhaps she trades goods to the shoppes and stalls there.

Don't be so quick to judge that someone isn't contributing just because you don't see their name as an owner or manager for a business on the island.
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

Posted by penguinc009 at Oct 8, 2010 12:57:05 PM
Maybe you missed what I said then too ?

It is there ... and it is not moving .

Posted by Wildboy at Oct 8, 2010 1:00:27 PM

Enjoy the new shop or leave .. your decision .

There are more then just those two options, no need to be harsh over someone caring about their ocean.

They were just wondering why the shoppe wasn't placed where the rubble pile was, not the fact you were building one.
Kaldric on Cerulean
Captain of the Sunset Knights Crew

Posted by penguinc009 at Oct 8, 2010 1:37:46 PM
her opening line says "everytime I go home i'm disgusted .... " ... no need to be hostile huh ?

Posted by linchpin_1 at Oct 8, 2010 2:16:12 PM

if you cant get the job done dont go around advertising it, doesnt really help your cause (assuming you pen have any, which i doubt)
Xule
Diletto tells ye, "well, all persuits in the end serve just to impress ladies, very very true"

(Avatar by the talented Alniyat)

Posted by Neonila at Oct 8, 2010 2:26:31 PM

And alni ... you love the little island because it was our piece of land.

Yes.

We took it and made ourselves something.

We? Who we? Xule did. He pumped half a million into commods and he and I did two trade runs a week. He payed the TP rent every week from his own coffers. And Xule, Fleurs and me sailed the stone in one night from different locations around the ocean to try and get the 1st TP on Midnight. Xule payed a sub for a new account just to provide labour for the construction. So "we"???

So dont act like you're the only ones that care for it .

Act like mate? I think I was nice in my previous post. But I don't like your tone. So heres my opinion, I will tell you what I told your royals a long time ago: You don't take care of Cleos and you are barely online. Add to that you are a bad politician and with a 50K contribution to a blockade you think that "we raised the poe to blockade".

Edit: And thanks for taking care of my old crew the way youre taking care of the island.
Alniyat,

-- Missiep --

Posted by penguinc009 at Oct 8, 2010 2:45:24 PM
Dont take half the crew next time you leave a flag ... better yet ... dont leave a crew if you really care about it that much ... part ways by all means but dont expect to get a say in what happens after you're gone .

Posted by linchpin_1 at Oct 8, 2010 2:48:53 PM

Dont take half the crew next time you leave a flag ... better yet ... dont leave a crew if you really care about it that much ... part ways by all means but dont expect to get a say in what happens after you're gone .

can some 'sane' royal of MC post or is pen speaking on behalf of the flag?
Xule
Diletto tells ye, "well, all persuits in the end serve just to impress ladies, very very true"

(Avatar by the talented Alniyat)

Posted by Neonila at Oct 8, 2010 2:50:55 PM

4 people left the crew at that time. I assume you manage to lose the rest and didnt recruit a soul in half a year. No I have no say but my point stands "Your managing of the crew is as lousy as your managing of the island"

And now ... since I remember that being in MC I had to appologise right and left for your blunders are you speaking for MC? Or just being the usual embarassing royal?
Alniyat,

-- Missiep --

Posted by sammybingo at Oct 8, 2010 4:03:48 PM

Dont take half the crew next time you leave a flag ...

Can't resist this snippet. I don't know you, or Alniyat, or indeed, anyone in those flags, as far as I am aware, so I am not biased here.

If people in the crew liked you, perhaps they wouldn't have left with her.
Sammybingo of all oceans but Opal.
I speak for myself, and myself alone. I do not represent any flag or crew. PFFT.
Mightyboosh's fruit protection advice:

I eat the bananas, poo in the skin, and carefully seal it back together again.

Posted by RedSeaWitch at Oct 8, 2010 4:10:06 PM
BP - my heroes
Windwench
HS on Viri:

Posted by Donsmythe at Oct 8, 2010 5:33:05 PM

Look ... it was created ... if it had been dusted right off the bat it would have left a rubble pile there as well.

I was not part of the decision to dust the trading post but it was not helping commerce on the island anyways

And alni ... you love the little island because it was our piece of land . We took it and made ourselves something . So dont act like you're the only ones that care for it .

As to the winch , witch, w/e ... continue to call it home but deal with the fact that the shipyard is gonna be there .... if you dont like it then use the magical "set as home" button on some other island . Honestly if you dont run a shop there then you cant be doing much more than storing your stuff there . Enjoy the new shop or leave .. your decision .

I was in a flag that held Cleopatra's Pearls for a while. We cared very much about the beautiful layout and worked hard to take good care of the island.

There used to be one shop there - a distillery. I was the last deedholder. I gave it up so that it could be dusted and turned into shacks. Then the plan was to find a way to get a tailor bazaar built so the island could spawn greenies, possibly by dusting the apothecary bazaar first. The island changed hands before the plan could be finished - the shacks were built once the distillery poofed, but that's as far as it got.

I was a bit annoyed when I saw you built a shipyard bazaar there instead - seriously bad idea when you consider the wood supply for that arch. (I know people that move wood from Ruby down to Zeta because they can't get it fast enough or at a good enough price on Zeta!) And the location? My eyes bled. Seems to me like both the choice of building and plot location could have been a lot better.

Initially I thought that as bad as it was, it's your island, so whatever. I shrugged and moved on. Then I read this post post of yours. After seeing your petulant, childish attitude, I decided to do something instead of just letting it be. Thankfully the rest of Bipolar agreed with me that we ought to at least try to do something. (Actually, I think they just like to shoot barnacle up, and any excuse is as good as any other.)

I am posting here now because I thought you'd like to know just how much your political "finesse" really made an impact on me (as well as others). Looking at the rest of the tartfest that appeared after the post I quoted, here's to hoping Alniyat and Xule, and others, will come out to help us clean up your mess.

Posted by stowaway1693 at Oct 8, 2010 5:56:21 PM

Initially I thought that as bad as it was, it's your island, so whatever. I shrugged and moved on. Then I read this post post of yours. After seeing your petulant, childish attitude, I decided to do something instead of just letting it be. Thankfully the rest of Bipolar agreed with me that we ought to at least try to do something. (Actually, I think they just like to shoot barnacle up, and any excuse is as good as any other.)

I am posting here now because I thought you'd like to know just how much your political "finesse" really made an impact on me (as well as others). Looking at the rest of the tartfest that appeared after the post I quoted, here's to hoping Alniyat and Xule, and others, will come out to help us clean up your mess.

*applauds*

Not that my endorsement means much - but I'm in complete agreement with your assessment of the response.
Sisqi

Posted by cmdrzoom at Oct 8, 2010 7:02:16 PM
Donsmythe and Bipolar for the WIN.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt

Posted by Wildboy at Oct 8, 2010 8:19:32 PM

Enjoy the new shop or leave .. your decision .

There are more then just those two options, no need to be harsh over someone caring about their ocean.

They were just wondering why the shoppe wasn't placed where the rubble pile was, not the fact you were building one.

And the third option is chosen. *sighs* Politics is a game of perceived personality and not actual personality. That's why so many tarts get elected.
Kaldric on Cerulean
Captain of the Sunset Knights Crew

Posted by MrSquiddy at Oct 8, 2010 9:03:10 PM

BP - my heroes

Arr! Lub ye, too, Windy.

--Squiddy, who also really likes shootin'

Posted by Trixylicks at Oct 9, 2010 9:29:24 AM
Man I take a break due to work commitments and see what happens lol

I personally felt the location wasn’t the best, but a part of being in a flag is to let others have the opportunity to lead also. And as there was no spawnage killed in the making of this shipyard. I didn’t see it as a big deal.

Obviously there are others who quite rightly have their own opinions, Personally I feel it is alot of fuss over nothing, but then again maybe i'm not as anal as some.

It is nice to see bipolar or any other flag come and play with us at Cleo, just I guess I wished it was for better reasons i.e. this is a game and blockades are certainly a part of that.

PS Should you ever have a problem with any Island then the correct thing to do would be to discuss it with the Governor, If you felt you were not getting a fair response, then you should be able to speak to the monarch of the flag.

Thanks and see you at cleo

Trixylicks
Proud to be a Royal of Mystery Core

Posted by Culiford at Oct 9, 2010 10:20:46 AM
Well, they did talk to the governor (here on the forums at least, I've got no idea what they did in game), and he basically said "bugger off".

just I guess I wished it was for better reasons

Island aesthetics is certainly a good reason to blockade an island. It always has been on Midnight, and I'm not sure why people keep being surprised when they get blockaded after placing ugly buildings.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A

Posted by Donsmythe at Oct 9, 2010 1:45:58 PM

Island aesthetics is certainly a good reason to blockade an island. It always has been on Midnight, and I'm not sure why people keep being surprised when they get blockaded after placing ugly buildings.

As George Santayana said, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

----

But really, no "reason" needs to be given for a blockade other than "we want to have some fun and play a game with you."

Posted by Trixylicks at Oct 9, 2010 8:07:18 PM
And maybe those that do remember the past will stand alone, lonely. As 12 months ago those that are now on the top 10 fame board would certainly never be that high ranking, wouldn’t you agree don ?

So you will once again have a pretty island, with very rarely anybody coming to visit, the most Cleo in the last 12 months has had is 40 ppl living their mostly from our flag !!!!!

Interestingly after the blockade, once again I was the only one stood in the inn!!! not cos I smell lol but cos who gives a damn.

I’ve enjoyed the fun on this game and have an awesome flag, shame others won’t let newer players hit the blockade board!!!!

how can new blockaders compete against ppl who played in a different era and carpers like springheel and old school pirates like yearbook !

so I repeat maybe those that do remember the past will stand alone, lonely, in the not to distant future.

Posted by stowaway1693 at Oct 9, 2010 10:00:16 PM
Trixylicks wrote: 
And maybe those that do remember the past will stand alone, lonely. As 12 months ago those that are now on the top 10 fame board would certainly never be that high ranking, wouldn?t you agree don ?

So you will once again have a pretty island, with very rarely anybody coming to visit, the most Cleo in the last 12 months has had is 40 ppl living their mostly from our flag !!!!!

Interestingly after the blockade, once again I was the only one stood in the inn!!! not cos I smell lol but cos who gives a damn.

I?ve enjoyed the fun on this game and have an awesome flag, shame others won?t let newer players hit the blockade board!!!!

how can new blockaders compete against ppl who played in a different era and carpers like springheel and old school pirates like yearbook !

so I repeat maybe those that do remember the past will stand alone, lonely, in the not to distant future.

I believe to counter the lack of visitors, Don suggested they would build a tailor bazaar as that would cause greenies to spawn on the island. If you ask me, that's one sure-fire way to increase visitors. Strange that your flag didn't think of it when you held the island.

I'm curious though about your comment regarding new blockaders. Were there new blockaders on the board today? If you're referring to your own flag, and holding an island, I hardly think you count as "new" (barring any special circumstances), and anyone holding an island should be prepared to defend with little to no warning, despite whatever may be "fair".

I think Bipolar have been more than fair and have been very sportsman-like about this, making it more about the game of blockading than about personal issues, despite the underlying political reasons for choosing to become involved.
Sisqi

Posts: 47   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates