mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 16, 2019 11:17:27 PM

Posted by mellyssa at Nov 24, 2006 5:20:10 AM
Re: The Alternative Trophy Design Competition
This is going to be difficult to put a ruling on because there are always going to be arguments and differences of opinion. I also understand that people come up with ideas and put a lot of time and effort into them, only to find that someone else has had the same idea. I have thought long and hard about it and these are my guidelines.

In my rules I state that entries will be judged on originality, depiction of the trophy and humour.

If someone posts a later entry - or edits an earlier entry so that their post date is later - the later dated entries will lose points on the originality part of the judging.

In a competition like this, the edit date rule is to cover any instances where a poster looks like they may have tried to copy a later entry, using their earlier post as an advantage.

If in doubt, start a new post. As long as your entry contains a pirate name to claim the prize, I don't mind if you put six entries in one post or post six times!

I have used other similiar competitions as a guideline, especially Apollo's Dead Letter Office competition in October where entries had to include a phrase and a picture. Many people tried to "lay claim" to phrases in advance and edit their posts later to include the rest of their entry. To counter this he stated:

For the "best phrase" judging, if two players use the same phrase, credit for the phrase will go to the player who posts their entry first. If someone else later uses the same phrase as you, then, you may want to avoid editing your post so that we can see that you were first.

There is still plenty of time to get your entries in, and there is no limit to how many times you post.
----------------------------------------
Elyzabeth from Midnight Cerulean Ocean Obsidian

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates