mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 12, 2019 5:58:13 PM

Posted by saynata at Jul 28, 2003 10:51:44 PM
Re: Shop keeping troubles
[quote]
[quote]But I do think markets should be under governor control.
It would be stupid to race to colonize an island like Guava with the commodities to make building quick (wood and stone) only to see it being sold to your compettitors, because the market was beyond your control.[/quote]

Actually, I think that that's one of the things that's happening to Silverbeard's cloth supply. I have to go down to Guava to get cloth because there's no way that Alpha and Turtle can keep up with the rate that my cloth is being sold at (especially because Thusnelda fired her employees, which is going to slow me down further. :( and Vixen's shop has always been a bit slow). I have not yet been able to hold a decent surplus of any color cloth, and I've learned quickly that I can't, as hard as I try, supply myself. It's not fair to my crew to have to utilize our vessels solely for trade, especially with this rum scarcity.

I'd like to add that I really, really appreciate the elegance of having a supply and demand chain (Apoth-Weaver-Tailor) BUT with current changes, it's been made extremely hard to get anything done.
----------------------------------------
[size=9] Saynata, Captain and Supreme So-and-So of The Sirens; Former Mistress of the ol' Sew 'n' Sew.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates