mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 28, 2020 10:58:53 PM

Posted by ibaibo at May 14, 2006 2:51:45 PM
Re: People In Glass Vessles Shouldn't Throw Cannonballs
Well as far as "Doing whats best for your Flag" I can understand that concept to a point. Destruction of props and spawns, doesn't seem to fall under that. It seems to fall under "Doing whatever you can to hurt your enemy"

There are a lot of famous leaders that did WHATEVER they felt was best for thier group... Like Hitler or Stalin. While their actions were very successful, they surely failed the test being honorable and virtuous. Am I saying Calais is Hitler, not at all. What I am saying is that actions that may have a benefit to you or a detrement to your enemy always have to be filtered through some sort of integrity test to be defended. The parting actions on Terra would to me, seem to fail that test.

While many of you have tried to defend that action or turn attention away from it by pointing out someone elses misdeeds, you only destroy your own credibility and respect when you allign your commentary to support Calais actions.

I feel that action was cowardly, immature, and cruel. What a lovely legacy he has left. Calais, will this be how you are remembered in the Viridian Ocean? Your calibur as a leader is not in question, it is your character. Will you turn this around or will you defend your actions? You seem to be capable of great things, the question is will you do Great things for the good of the ocean or for its destruction? What can we expect from you in the future? More of the same? Or was this a lapse in judgement that will not be repeated?

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates