mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 13, 2019 11:21:53 PM

Posted by scupperer at May 7, 2006 12:39:53 PM
Re: People In Glass Vessles Shouldn't Throw Cannonballs
I'm coming at it onesided?

You're contorting yourself across so many different angles to make a point that doesn't exist.

Of course Amoreth was upset about Napi; he'd spent a good deal of effort researching the Indian Myths and coming up with a naming scheme. He's also the reason Requiem went for Napi in the first place; so he had a much more personal stake in it than the rest of us.

Most successive governors at the very least respect the naming scheme of an island. Then out comes the big "Memorial" turd shoppes the second VG takes the island. Amoreth's only problem was taking it a bit personally. It's one of the reasons he stepped down; he realized he was taking the game too personally, and it was time for a break from the politics. A smart move.

As far as ruining islands go, let's see: at Terra: Palace and Realtor stripped of all furniture on the way out... Two "memorial" houses plopped down, probably on top of wood spawns, destroyed forever.

And you complain about taxes left at 100% for less than 12 hours(they don't reset themselves after a blockade, you know - I highly doubt Calais bothered to actually lower them before leaving, being so busy doing other things to shit on the island on his way out). And even if SX did raise it to 100% independently of it being left that way, so what? Clearly they don't want taxes at 100%

At the same time you would talk out of the side of your mouth in a backhanded compliment and accuse me of being spiteful and turning my back on people. What makes you think you're privy to any of my personal or political relationships, let alone any of the reasons for decisions or the background of the problems that arose in those that failed? Really, if you're going to spittle mud on someone in public, may as well back it up with a full mouthful. That, or learn how to swallow before you open your mouth.
----------------------------------------
I believe that we are all, openly or secretly, struggling against one or another kind of nihilism. - Ellen Willis

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates