mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 17, 2019 7:44:47 PM

Posted by scupperer at May 7, 2006 7:54:29 AM
Re: People In Glass Vessles Shouldn't Throw Cannonballs

Thankyou for proving me wrong here, but you really think that such tax exortion will work in your favour? Really, your only making enemies. There are so many independent flags/crews that do business which are now going to be disadvantaged with high taxes. Thanks for giving Calais ideas for Napi Peak, which will disadvantage even more independent crews/flags. Not all people get involved in wars.

Conveniently ignoring that the tax extortion started on Terra after Calais took it, are we? Or maybe you only read the island notice boards when it suits you to misinterpret who wrote it? And never mind VG already pumped the taxes on Napi up to 100%? And we'll just conveniently forget that Calais didn't lower the taxes 5% each week that Terra wasn't blockaded, as he promised, or that the burden of a sinking blockade at Terra was on Vanguard, not Requiem or SX (another broken promise).

High taxes on Prolix "hurt" a total of 12 people in the ocean. I'm refunding the taxes to the shipyards, except for Cyndiepet, cause she's rich, and she hasn't even asked yet, so I haven't had the pleasure of saying "no". Anyway, I want to buy Friggin' Brigs and dust it; I just don't have the free million poe right now to offer her. There are 11 weavery stalls on Prolix. 11 stalls hardly equals an industry, so I'm working on arrangements with each of them to buy them out so I can dust the bazaar. If they don't want to reach an agreement, they're welcome to pay the higher tax.

I have a completely different agenda for Prolix, but there's nothing wrong with blending current events into my reasoning. Look how well it works!

The comment on the Prolix notice board about the reasons behind the tax is just for fun, because, really, it is all Calais' fault when you get right down to it, isn't it? I don't think he'd want it any other way.
----------------------------------------
I believe that we are all, openly or secretly, struggling against one or another kind of nihilism. - Ellen Willis

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates