mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 28, 2020 4:58:25 PM

Posted by Benzene265 at May 1, 2006 9:57:27 AM
Re: Defense of Napi Peak and Prolix Purlieu 4/30/06

I'm not much on island placement, but is Calais the only person in the ocean to figure out that you place the dock entry shops FIRST? It's the only place where non-minimap walkins helps business, and everyone always saves it so long that eventually whoever conquers the island uses that spot.

They want their islands to be parks, not places of business. Logically, all businesses would want to be as close to the dock as physically possible with houses, the palace, and non-allied shops set further back. Hey, that's how the Ringers and real life port cities do it. They can't be too wrong. I wouldn't mind what Calias was doing so much if he wasn't paving over commod spawns. Someone might actually want to build a ship instead of a shipyard on Terra, you know. Also, he never pays enough to build the places or work there. 6/6/6 wasn't clever since Jr. High. Get over it and start forking over those double digits.

Personally, I think inland shipyards are the stupidiest things ever. It just seems so improbable, but there they are, all 500 of them. That's really my only pet peeve in island design.
----------------------------------------
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates