mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jun 5, 2020 12:13:58 AM

Posted by BehindCurtai at Mar 7, 2006 4:32:28 PM
Re: The Shop Tool

As to TMBTC's question about importing to OOo, simply open the Excel sheet in OOo using file/open and you'll see lots of Err:502's all over the place. That's the result of the invalid sheet references. An edit/find/replace of ! for . should fix most of the problems. There may be some other issues to hunt down, but I seem to remember that solving most of them. I have no idea where the war-brig sheet comes from. It only appears in OOo, never in Excel. I've tried and tried to find out why, but I just can't figure it out. It's safe to delete it tho.

Alright. In OO version 2, bring up a sheet (such as Apothecary), go to Edit -> Find and Replace. Change "!" to ".", select "Replace all".

This needs to be done for each sheet.

It works for the Apoth, Distillery, IM, and Shipyard sheets. All of these are before the "warbrig" sheet.

It fails to work for Tailor, Weaver, Furnisher, and Realator. All of these are after the "warbrig" sheet.

Deleting the "warbrig" sheet does not solve this problem -- the same ones work or don't work.

The Financial Records and Expand Labor Calc buttons are macros to show/hide cells. The financial button shows 5 or 6 columns to the left of the button where you can store investments/returns for you or other pirates to help see how much poe you've made on your shop. Any poe I add to the shop is recorded there and I pay back myself the same amount when the shop is able to do so. I also pay dividends to investors and record that information in that area as well.

The Labor Calc button shows 3-4 columns to the right of the button where you can store labor numbers from the past week. These numbers are then averaged and used for your labor throughput. I didn't think the macros would translate to OOo, but perhaps you know how to rewrite the code to make them work for you. Both buttons will then hide the same columns when you click them again.

I can not figure out how to expose the macros for editing. Nor can I figure out how to unhide the hidden columns. (Simply right-clicking on the line between column A and column M and selecting "Show" does not work.)
----------------------------------------
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates